Tipsarevic def grasscourt god haas [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tipsarevic def grasscourt god haas

DanEd
06-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Congrats Janko :worship: 6-2 *2-1

Where is Jogy? :devil:

Paialii
06-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Hah. What a way to win it! Woop woop! ;)

Too bad that Haas was injured or whatever.

Yoel and co.
06-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Not trying to be disrespectful to Tipsarevic, but Haas was reported to have injured his knee this morning in practice. He considered retiring but decided against it.

Neely
06-21-2005, 04:30 PM
lol, well I think that even Puerta had a chance against Haas if the latter one had an ankle joint injury because of stepping on a ball during warm-up.

Too bad for Haas, he's unlucky again with little (I hope it's little, the full extent of the injury is not known yet) injuries. Everytime when he is getting some good form. AO this year, was is very good form at the start of the year, thigh problems against Beck. Then personal problems and now as he played a good tournament in Halle giving Federer a good match, he is again injured with something. :banghead:

Tipsarevic
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Yay Janko!!

jazz_girl
06-21-2005, 04:33 PM
That's too bad for Haas!

DDrago2
06-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Not trying to be disrespectful to Tipsarevic, but Haas was reported to have injured his knee this morning in practice. He considered retiring but decided against it.

That's not true, I'v seen it live and the reason for Haas withdrawal was the most weird thing you could imagine: few minutes before the match he stepped on a tennis ball and injured his right ankle!
Afterwards, during a treatment, his feet looked very bad and I thought he will not be able to play, but they used a lot of bandage to fix the feet, and he gave it a shot... for nothing.
He looked very angry when leaving the court...

DanEd
06-21-2005, 04:35 PM
not even Puerta can defeat a wheelchair player on grass :o
lol, well I think that even Puerta had a chance against Haas if the latter one had an ankle joint injury because of stepping on a ball during warm-up

Too bad for Haas, he's unlucky again with little (I hope it's little, the full extent of the injury is not known yet) injuries. Everytime when he is getting some good form. AO this year, was is very good form at the start of the year, thigh problems against Beck. Then personal problems and now as he played a good tournament in Halle giving Federer a good match, he is again injured with something. :banghead:

Scotso
06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Congrats Jarkko...

two Serbian guys into the second round :D

Neely
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
He looked very angry when leaving the court...
Sure, I can understand that. Another few weeks wasted, his grasscourt preparation never looked so promising so far and the draw wasn't too bad either.

Haas probably smashed something in the locker room now meanwhile.

As for the injury, I have hope that it's only a bad strain which heals automatically after some rest and that it's not something worse.

Scotso
06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Haas probably smashed something in the locker room now meanwhile.

Maybe he'll break his wrist doing it. If this is really the case, tell him to grow up.

Neely
06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe he'll break his wrist doing it. If this is really the case, tell him to grow up.
As for injuries, I can understand every little bit of anger if a player wants to play, played a successful preperation for a big tournament once again and then gets stopped by crap like that.

Scotso
06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Of course it's frustrating, but how will behaving like an ass help?

Neely
06-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Of course it's frustrating, but how will behaving like an ass help?
Good for you if you expect yourself to act so sober-mindedly in such situations. It won't make unhappen the injury, of course. I just gambled on predictions what Haas probably feels like now because normally he's not the kind of player who silently sucks it up.

Fee
06-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Nothing wrong with a player smashing a racquet in frustration once in a while. Doesn't make him an ass.

Chloe le Bopper
06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
What's with all the negativity? Janko's a babe! Go him!

Get better soon, Haas.

Good job calling Jogy out, Dan Ed. I think that's the one who needs a kick in the pants, but I may be mistaken on that one.

Scotso
06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Nothing wrong with a player smashing a racquet in frustration once in a while. Doesn't make him an ass.

You're right, but that wasn't what we were talking about.

Chloe le Bopper
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
You're right, but that wasn't what we were talking about.
Exactly.

We were talking about hot men.

Fee
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I really doubt that Tommy went into the lockerroom and smashed property that wasn't his. I don't think that Neely meant to imply that is what he would do. I think she meant he would take it out on his own things.

knight_ley
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Good for Janko! :yeah:

Pea
06-21-2005, 05:27 PM
It's not like Haas ever does well in slams anyways.:o

Congrats Janko!:D

Fee
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, 2 SF, a QF, and a batch of 4th rounds. I can name about a hundred players that would love to suck at slams like that.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
what an unfortunate way to lose. :hug: :sad:

janks
06-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Congrats Jarkko...

you mean janko? ;) the one peeking behind the net? lol

Fee
06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Interesting photo, Tommy's wearing nike shoes and socks with his Asics clothes. Wonder if they didn't get him a pair of grasscourt shoes in time.

Scotso
06-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah I meant Janko. Once I see Jarkko :hearts: on my TV I just can't think about anything else for a few days.

Scotso
06-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Janko looks like a mastermind pleased with his work in that picture :devil:

lol ;)

Fedex
06-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Thats too bad; I thought that he might be on course for a good Wimbledon.

Bilbo
06-22-2005, 01:18 AM
even my grandmother in a wheelchair would beat haas in this situation

poor guy. his bad luck never ends.