Monfils def Okun 3-6, 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 (14) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monfils def Okun 3-6, 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 (14)

henree
06-20-2005, 07:23 PM
I was on the edge of my seat in that tiebreaker. Gael had so many match points. I am glad he made it through. Unfortunately he meets up with Hrbaty. Who's solid baseline game spells major trouble for Monfils high risk playing style. At least he made it ass the 1st rd...

NYCtennisfan
06-20-2005, 07:47 PM
What an epic Tb! This win will hopefully be good for Gael's confidence

aceit
06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Keep it up, Gael! :)

richard gasquet
06-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Congrats gael for this 1st round :)

the second will be tougher against hrbaty but why not?good luck.

NYCtennisfan
06-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Real tough against Hrbaty. We'll see what Monfils has got in that match.

PaulieM
06-20-2005, 09:07 PM
saw part of this match, but i left before it was done :( at least i'm glad to see gael won it in the end :)

Yoel and co.
06-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Noam :sad: :sad: :sad: so close

delsa
06-20-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm really getting tired of Gaël's antics on the court... :mad: :fiery:
He should change his behaviour very quickly especially after 6 loss in firsts rounds in a row... :rolleyes: It's ridiculous to show off so much as he does...
But of course i'm happy he won! ;)

marifline
06-20-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm really happy he won..it's good for him and I hope he will focus more on his game, on tennis but he don't need to change who he is to win...I love him that way. He has a real effect on the audience

delsa
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm really happy he won..it's good for him and I hope he will focus more on his game, on tennis but he don't need to change who he is to win...I love him that way. He has a real effect on the audience
It's not about changing who he is but about loosing his defaults... ;)

Denise
06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Congrats Monfils! :D

marifline
06-20-2005, 11:12 PM
It's not about changing who he is but about loosing his defaults... ;)

I know... ;) I just love hims so much like that..My first tennis tournament was Paris Bercy last year and I just have one of the best time of my life during his match..because of the way he's communicating with the audience...there was a very special atmosphere with french DC official supporter club members who were shouting out loud and making start olas...My best match by far ( I've been to RG this year ) Very "parisian" public...some hate this but I love it :D

delsa
06-20-2005, 11:54 PM
I know... ;) I just love hims so much like that..My first tennis tournament was Paris Bercy last year and I just have one of the best time of my life during his match..because of the way he's communicating with the audience...there was a very special atmosphere with french DC official supporter club members who were shouting out loud and making start olas...My best match by far ( I've been to RG this year ) Very "parisian" public...some hate this but I love it :D
I was there too when he played against Hewitt and he was just wonderfully "making the show" then but now i think he goes too far...I hope he will change his attitude a little bit... ;)