Kiwi survives non-thriller: Beats Bennetau 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kiwi survives non-thriller: Beats Bennetau 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4

Yoel and co.
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Trust Kiwi to mess up a two set lead, then win the fifth set after the Frenchman was serving for the match :cuckoo:

NATAS81
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
whoa dude choke fest

kiefer 2-0 set

then 4-3 he was losing in 5th set

lolo strange match

props to kief

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for fighting Kiwi :woohoo:

Hope for an easier second round match :angel:

KarstenBraasch#1
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
LOL thriller? Pathetic match between two chokers.

Kiefer with his usual coward play, hardly deserves to be in the 2nd round where he will meet an Italian claycourter. :rolleyes:
He was just lucky that Benneteau is an even bigger headcase. Hard to believe, I admit.

savesthedizzle
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
:woohoo: kiwi! :yeah: i hate to say that i'm actually semi-surprised he pulled it out. i didn't think mentally he would be able to handle being up two sets and then losing the next two... but he came to play today :yeah:

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
That would have been another unbelievable blow by Kiefer at Wimbledon. He already failed to survive the first round of Wimbledon for the last two years.

Last year against Thomas Johansson, he was leading two sets to none and up a break in the third set and then he mentally collapsed after a few rain delays and lost pathetically in the fifth set 0-6.

Today, almost the same situation, just a different opponent and no rain. Again it was Court #14, first match on the court, again a 2-0 set lead and so dangerously close to another horrible blow of such a lead.

He played totally uninspired and without fire since the third set. I'm so glad he finally found something to get himself pumped up and rediscovering his fist pump and start playing return games again mid-way the fifth set.

Benneteau took an injury time out at 4-3 (I believe, could have been one changeover earlier also) to get a massage for his thigh. First of all I though, damn, this is going to break Kiwi's completely now and he is toast after that. But this was the turning point for Kiefer's favour and he broke Benneteau twice and also had the needed luck with a close call in the last game which made it 15-30 instead of 30-15 for Benneteau.

That's a big FIST PUMP for me and for Kiefer. At least he made the 2nd round and got rid of this little Court #14 and 2-0 set lead Wimbledon 1st round jinx. :clap2: :clap2: I hope that's just what he needed and that he can win his 2nd round too before getting the maximum out of his draw until facing Federer in a probably third round match.

Trust Kiwi to mess up a two set lead, then win the fifth set after the Frenchman was serving for the match :cuckoo:
Benneteau was not serving for the match yet. He would have required to hold one more time to get into that position.

NATAS81
06-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Not bad considering his serve is 15 MPH less than Pim.

Yoel and co.
06-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Benneteau was not serving for the match yet. He would have required to hold one more time to get into that position.

Sorry, my mistake :(

Shabazza
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM

Kiefer with his usual coward play, hardly deserves to be in the 2nd round where he will meet an Italian claycourter. :rolleyes:
He was just lucky that Benneteau is an even bigger headcase. Hard to believe, I admit.
Ditto!!

SwissMister1
06-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm actually shocked he pulled it out as well. I'm hoping he can at least beat Di Mauro so I can watch Roger v. Kiefer on TV, but who knows...

Thanks for the report, Neely.

KarstenBraasch#1
06-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah Neely thank you so much what would we do without your concise reports.

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:49 PM
As for the "thriller" in the topic title :lol: ...well, the only thing that was a thriller was the way the fifth set was going and even that was not too exciting. Overall, low quality match. But thanksfully this time just with the very right outcome for my liking :D :)

Yoel and co.
06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
As for the "thriller" in the topic title :lol: ...well, the only thing that was a thriller was the way the fifth set was going and even that was not too exciting. Overall, low quality match. But thanksfully this time just with the very right outcome for my liking :D :)

OK ok, title changed :) :)

Lee
06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Did Kiwi hit Benneteau's head? :devil: ;)

Jogy
06-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Whow - that is surprise Kiefer won that. I think he blow it again but he was better as Bennetau at the end and switched his game up a little bit winning more points.

very very very worse match overall :( first from Bennetau, and then Kiefer

:hug: Neely, Im h appy for you youre guy has win. I hope Haas is not going surprise me bad tomorrow :( :o

Space Cowgirl
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM

here, KB#1, have another lemon to suck on :p
I was sure Kiwi would stuff up again after dropping the third and fourth sets, was very happy to see he had got the fifth. He really seems to like to make it difficult for himself :banghead: