Anyone subscribed to Wimbledon Plus yet? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone subscribed to Wimbledon Plus yet?

uNIVERSE mAN
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I was wondering if someone could give some feedback about what kind of quality the video feed is, the format and if it's really live.

Devotee
06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I was wondering about the same things.

I don't know whether to subscribe or not.

ae wowww
06-20-2005, 10:53 PM
How much, cost-wise??

Clara Bow
06-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I think it is 7 pounds for a year of access.

rofe
06-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I do have it because I wanted to catch up on Wimbledon 2004. It depends on how you look at it. For me paying USD 10 was worth it because for that price I was able to watch some good matches. The downside is that the video is sharp only in the default tiny screen ( I guess they have to keep it small because it is streamed). If you try to watch it with full screen mode turned on you are in for a disappointment. The video is so blurry that you really cannot watch the ball properly.

It was 5 pounds when I subscribed so it came ot USD 10 but I guess it is now USD 12 for the year.

HTH.

RodLo
06-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Why is it a year's worth of access if Wimbledon is only a couple weeks long? :confused: Did I miss something here?...or am I just stupid? :unsure:

oneandonlyhsn
06-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Why is it a year's worth of access if Wimbledon is only a couple weeks long? :confused: Did I miss something here?...or am I just stupid? :unsure:

You have access to the videos, classic matches belh bleh for a year. I subscribed last year and my membership is still valid. I was really hoping that they would add more older matches, particularly Feds first Wimby final ;)

Devotee
06-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Are the daily player interviews only in Wimbledon Plus?

If so, is it both video & transcript?
If video, is it the full interview or only a small segment?

cath777
06-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Personally I think it is worth it. This is the third year I've signed up. You get to see player interviews and other behind the scenes clips that are interesting if you can't get them on TV. I agree that the quality was sometimes not the best in the past if you tried to view them on a normal screen, but I have signed up in the better quality option this year and it appears so far to make a significant difference.

One word of warning, I did have an issue last year with the full matches - some of them stalled before the end. Last two years they only posted one match per day, this year it looks like we'll get two. This is nice if you don't have TV coverage or if you don't tape them and wish to watch them again later.

Devotee
06-21-2005, 04:45 AM
You get to see player interviews . . . . but I have signed up in the better quality option this year and it appears so far to make a significant difference.

#1) What's the better quality option & how much extra does that cost?

#2) Are the player interviews in their entirety?

RodLo
06-21-2005, 04:46 AM
You have access to the videos, classic matches belh bleh for a year. I subscribed last year and my membership is still valid. I was really hoping that they would add more older matches, particularly Feds first Wimby final ;)

Oooh, I got it.

TheMightyFed
06-21-2005, 09:26 AM
They don't accept my card in the subscription, did it happen to seomeone else ?

cath777
06-21-2005, 06:21 PM
#1) What's the better quality option & how much extra does that cost?

#2) Are the player interviews in their entirety?

When you sign up you get an option to view at 300k or 700k, so you can get better quality provided you computer can handle it. It doesn't cost anything extra.

I think they show most of the player interview, but perhaps not all - I just checked one out and they missed a few questions off the end in the video that were in the transcript on the Wimbledon site.