Wimbledon ATP/WTA Player Party [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon ATP/WTA Player Party

onewoman74
06-20-2005, 01:23 AM
The players had a big party for the start of Wimby...here is a link to the pixs.
If anyone can find more pixs pls post...thanks

http://editorial/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c28%7c0 %7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0 %7c7%7cwta%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=2

Fee
06-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Link doesn't work. Which photo site is that, the forbidden 'G' site?

onewoman74
06-20-2005, 01:32 AM
It's Getty...yeah I don't know why the link is not working..if you search for "Sony Ericsson WTA Tour And ATP Wimbledon Player Party", you'll see two pages of pixs...Nadal, Federer, Serena, Venus, Coria and other players are at the party

Fee
06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Because their search links expire immediately for some reason. We'll have to find them ourselves. No other way around it that I know of. :D

Fee
06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
WOW, good to see the return of 'Hot Roger with Short Haircut.' He looks good.

Nadal looks pretty relaxed too, with his Deuce cover. Guess playing a Slam completely under the radar can do that.

oneandonlyhsn
06-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Oh my God Roger :hearts: when did he turn into such a hottie. Puerta and Nadal look really good too. Nadal needs to take better care of his skin, no more chocolates for you kiddo.

nobama
06-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Oh my God Roger :hearts: when did he turn into such a hottie. Puerta and Nadal look really good too. Nadal needs to take better care of his skin, no more chocolates for you kiddo.
This current hairstyle looks good on him.

flip_fan
06-20-2005, 03:28 AM
wow roger!!!!

lol, he looks very spunky! love the hair!

Chloe le Bopper
06-20-2005, 04:07 AM
Poor Juan Monaco doesn't even get a name.

RogiFan88
06-20-2005, 04:36 AM
Rogi's shorter hair? ... it's OK I guess...

drf716
06-20-2005, 04:40 AM
roger will always be on the non-hottie category for me whatever he does. hehe. but it's ok i guess.

Leo
06-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Poor Juan Monaco doesn't even get a name.

I can't say I recognized him, either. never seen him before. Is he "Guillermo Coria's friend" in that one pic?

Looks like Svetlana is with girlfriend! And she's cute. ... Just speculating. ;)

Nice haircut, Fed.

Serena looks ridiculous, so nothing new there.

Fergie
06-20-2005, 04:56 AM
What are you doing Rogi? ... I prefer you with long hair ;)

BTW Rogi still looks great! :hearts:

Kristen
06-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Julian Knowle... you look so pretty in that shirt :hug: ;)
In all seriousness, it's better than the last outfit I saw him in, in a casual setting. (If anyone has seen the pics of him wearing a woven net-like shirt, during the Davis Cup week in Sydney this year. :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
06-20-2005, 04:58 AM
I can't say I recognized him, either. never seen him before. Is he "Guillermo Coria's friend" in that one pic?

Looks like Svetlana is with girlfriend! And she's cute. ... Just speculating. ;)

Nice haircut, Fed.

Yeah, I'm 95% sure that is him. His ATP profile photo is pretty awful, but he looks decent here. He's also pictured with Rafa down a bit, which is why I looked twice and tried to figure out who it was. He was my first guess since I read a brief article he penned once about how he and Rafa play playstation together :lol:

howardean
06-20-2005, 05:41 AM
serena should be shot for looking like that

tennischick
06-20-2005, 05:52 AM
nice publicity for tennis and for Wimbledon. ;)

it's nice that Svetlana got so many shots. i'm happy for her.

Serena looks ridiculous. Serena dresses to suit her mental image of herself -- not for the body that she actually has. very sad.

but i'm not happy that the Tennis Channel spent the entire weekend highlighting Sharapova. who ever is behind Roger's publicity needs to be fired immediately -- she's doing a shitty job. one owuld never believe that he is also a defending champion :rolleyes:

oneandonlyhsn
06-20-2005, 06:02 AM
Serena, bad hair/weave, horrible makeup. Bleh, people that have that much money should be banned from appearing in public looking like that

Viveletennis
06-20-2005, 06:23 AM
:help:
I can't find the pics !!!!

deliveryman
06-20-2005, 06:55 AM
roger will always be on the non-hottie category for me whatever he does. hehe. but it's ok i guess.

and i'm sure you will always be in Roger's "who gives a shit what this no-namer thinks, who's probably not all that herself." category.

ae wowww
06-20-2005, 07:24 AM
The RG Player party was very different-they were expecting big names, but it turned out to be mostly staff.. and they brought friends :lol:

Argentine girl
06-20-2005, 07:51 AM
I think Monaco is very cute.

SuperFurryAnimal
06-20-2005, 07:54 AM
:help:
I can't find the pics !!!!

Me neither... :awww:

Kristen
06-20-2005, 08:12 AM
I'll get more...

Kristen
06-20-2005, 08:28 AM
The last three.
There were WTA photos on there as well, but I don't want to taint the board.
PS. If I might get banned for posting these, please mods...let me know and I will remove them ASAP! ;) :wavey:

Nikki♥
06-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Nadal´s shirt sucks. :eek:

Serena is totally overdressed if you ask me, she looks like she is on her way to a strip club and not to a players´ party.

Kat!
06-20-2005, 09:02 AM
thanks Kristen... I can't find the photos either @_@

must say I like short hair Roger... glad he joined the campaign... ;)

delsa
06-20-2005, 09:26 AM
It's the first time i think Igor Andreev looks good... ;)

Art&Soul
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
ROGI so hottie :drool: :hearts:

oneandonlyhsn
06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Roger is just looking very delicious lately :hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
06-20-2005, 10:14 AM
It's the first time i think Igor Andreev looks good... ;)
He does look pretty good there. I was equally surprised, since he usually does little for me in that regard :)

SuperFurryAnimal
06-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Everyone's talking about how Serena looks... I wanna see too! Can anyone post a pic please... (I can't seem to find them myself on getty images)

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM

Nice haircut, Fed.

Yeah i saw that woman with sveta at eastbourne and didnt know who she was, was chatting to the other photographers and they didnt seem to know either (all i know was that she was reading anatomy papers most of the week :D). I wouldnt be surprised if sveta was a dyke though.

Kristen
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
:rolleyes: Patrice... you ask so much ;) Hang on a sec ;)

alelysafina
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
OMG! what was Serena thinking?!?!?!

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Roger is looking alot nicer, and the new haircut doesnt seem to make his huge honker stand out so much :D

alelysafina
06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah i saw that woman with sveta at eastbourne and didnt know who she was, was chatting to the other photographers and they didnt seem to know either (all i know was that she was reading anatomy papers most of the week :D). I wouldnt be surprised if sveta was a dyke though.

Im not sure about sveta though, cause I heard something about her and nadal a couple of months back...

Kristen
06-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Now... I love this girl. Mostly, because she plays like a man. But seriously:
**A black bra under a light-coloured top?
**A lacy, patterened bra under a TIGHT top?
**The lipstick? The hair? Didn't I see her working the streets in that movie "Total Recall" :rolleyes:
PS. I think Venus looks fine :yeah:

Suzi
06-20-2005, 11:11 AM
omg wen i first saw the pics of serena i thought actually better not say :tape: but yeah the others were great, i have to say Roger is looking quite suave with his new do and outfit! :yeah:

Bibir
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
OK, the guy on the right is Marat's manager...But...WHERE IS Marat? :mad:

Suzi
06-20-2005, 11:16 AM
but i'm not happy that the Tennis Channel spent the entire weekend highlighting Sharapova. who ever is behind Roger's publicity needs to be fired immediately -- she's doing a shitty job. one owuld never believe that he is also a defending champion :rolleyes:

:eek: I thought having lots of henman coverage was bad enough over ere but the bbc did a slot on Shoutapova (even though it was only 15min long) i was just like :rolleyes:

Kristen
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
OK, the guy on the right is Marat's manager...But...WHERE IS Marat? :mad:
Probably went to the 7-Eleven to get a razor/wax strips for his managers carpet chest? :tape: :angel: (I have nothing against hairy men... I just find this man rather...bushy :D)

SuperFurryAnimal
06-20-2005, 12:11 PM
:rolleyes: Patrice... you ask so much ;) Hang on a sec ;)

Yeah, :lol: it comes with the job I guess... ;)

Totally agree on your comments on Serena's looks BTW... She definitely needs a stylist! How come Venus is always the cuter one? Better dressed, less arrogant? :rolleyes:

onewoman74
06-20-2005, 01:58 PM
BjorkmanGirl thanks for the pixs. The link wouldn't work for some reason...If you need to find the pixs on Getty Images, just search under Sony Ericsson ATP/WTA PARTY and you'll see two pages of pixs...Enjoy!!

Nimomunz
06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
am gonna say it...serena looks like a cheap 2 dollar hooker.tsk, tsk!! :mad:

Turkeyballs Paco
06-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know if I like Roger's new hair. It makes him look much older and serious, and he didn't need to look more serious. I hope all the players don't take their grooming cues from him, when recently they are mostly all looking delicious in their longer hair.

SwissMister1
06-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Poor Victor Hanescu, no one wants to hang out with him...

Not sure about Roger's new haircut, it exposes the headband-tan lines, which looks kinda strange.

NATAS81
06-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey, if the man wants to James Bond - that's his perrogative.

He won 3-0 today, so whatever wins for him.

lucashg
06-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Roger's TMC04/AO05 hair looks was the best so far for him, after that or was either too long or too short. Now it's shorter than ever, but still looks pretty good. Nadal's shirt is a big no-no, and Serena looks horrible with that hair, the clothes... don't bother me too much. Venus looks like an old lady and she usually looks so much better than Serena. Yep, Andreev is looking quite good there too.

I expected more players, where's Farmer Tim, Princess Maria (!) and The Russian Slayers (Kim and Justine)? :p

LaTenista
06-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Nadal´s shirt sucks. :eek:

He has an obsession with striped shirts (see Miami party pics). Agree that this is definitely the worst one I've seen him in.

Fee
06-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey Venus, wear a dress or wear jeans, not both. That look is over now (and who made the unfortunate decision to bring it back in the first place? It never looked good on anyone, ever.)

Serena looks horrid, she almost always does.

LaTenista
06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Im not sure about sveta though, cause I heard something about her and nadal a couple of months back...

They were at a Miami party because they were the runner-ups there. There were 4 pictures of them taken together, which turned into mostly silly speculation that Svetlana must have been engaged to Rafa :bs:

LaTenista
06-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Venus, wear a dress or wear jeans, not both. That look is over now (and who made the unfortunate decision to bring it back in the first place? It never looked good on anyone, ever.)

It's in the What Not To Wear duo's 2nd book (I've got it at home) - dress with jeans or trousers (pants is underwear in the UK) is shown as a fashion do in it. Have to admit I was against it when I first saw it, but tried it out in the dressing room while shopping, the right dress with the right trousers works IMHO. They showed wearing the ensemble to work, then taking off the trousers for a night out!

Venus always looks better because she's the older sister :D

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 07:41 PM
I dont see the problem with getty images anyway, they tag their images so badly it ruins the photo anyway :shrug: so whats the problem?

onewoman74
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I dont see the problem with getty images anyway, they tag their images so badly it ruins the photo anyway :shrug: so whats the problem?

Can u pls explain tags? i don't know what they are...thanks

RogiFan88
06-20-2005, 10:55 PM
lol at the comments on the appearance of these players, esp the Serena sistahs... Serena just looks like a streetwalker to me... that hair tho... looks like a witch... ;)

RogiFan88
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I like Rafa and Rogi's striped shirts... I thought that was Marat's guy Tsobanian... I like his looks...

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Can u pls explain tags? i don't know what they are...thanks
well its when an agency/site put a logo/txt on their image (as you can see on getty images, its a huge tag).

*Viva Chile*
06-21-2005, 12:46 AM
It's in the What Not To Wear duo's 2nd book (I've got it at home) - dress with jeans or trousers (pants is underwear in the UK) is shown as a fashion do in it. Have to admit I was against it when I first saw it, but tried it out in the dressing room while shopping, the right dress with the right trousers works IMHO. They showed wearing the ensemble to work, then taking off the trousers for a night out!

Venus always looks better because she's the older sister :D

What Not To Wear... ??? the british TV program of the BBC2?? (Trinny and Sussanah???)

LaTenista
06-21-2005, 03:21 AM
What Not To Wear... ??? the british TV program of the BBC2?? (Trinny and Sussanah???)

Yes, but I've seen their show on BBCAmerica as well and there's an American 'knock-off' with a man and a woman fashion guru also called What Not to Wear on TLC (The Learning Channel).

Besides Serena (even most of her on-court outfits are unflattering :eek: ), what ATP or WTA player would you nominate to appear on What Not To Wear (either UK or US show)?

tennischick
06-21-2005, 03:50 AM
:eek: I thought having lots of henman coverage was bad enough over ere but the bbc did a slot on Shoutapova (even though it was only 15min long) i was just like :rolleyes:
i wouldn't complain if it was 15 minutes. the TTC had a 3 hour special on her which they ran several times all weekend long. i like Maria but grrrr....enuf already.

Kristine
06-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Oh gosh... Serena looks horrendous. I will have nightmares.

Roger looks gooood with the hair cut. He's not as handsome as Marat or that guy, Feliciano Lopez... but Roger is very appealing. Marat still wins hands down in sexiness. Now only if Fed can say a few wise words to Marat and recommend a haircut for him too. Marat still looks hot with the head of curls... but so much better with short hair.

Devotee
06-21-2005, 04:49 AM
i wouldn't complain if it was 15 minutes. the TTC had a 3 hour special on her which they ran several times all weekend long. i like Maria but grrrr....enuf already.

Yeah, like the current ESPN the Magazine on the newsstand I glimpsed through today had a very long article on Sharapova and a much shorter article on Federer. That's why I didn't bother to buy the mag.

YoursTruly
06-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Serena, bad hair/weave, horrible makeup. Bleh, people that have that much money should be banned from appearing in public looking like that

It always seems to be the case that the ugliest while having some money have the biggest confidence. Seriously!

sigmagirl91
06-22-2005, 03:12 PM
This current hairstyle looks good on him.

You look hot, Rogi!!!

BelgianWaffle
06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
It always seems to be the case that the ugliest while having some money have the biggest confidence. Seriously!

I don't get that either.. access to all beauty regiments, stylists, make up artists and enough money to pay for it and still they look like that.
I wish Serena would stop wanting to be a blonde... it's horrible. And the make-up looks like it's done by her five year old niece :rolleyes:

Daniel
06-23-2005, 03:01 AM
mmmm Roger looks good but Nadal's shirt is not nice :eek:

RogiFan88
06-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Daniel, I know you'd prefer Nadal sin camisa, no? ;)