Guga in Acapulco [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guga in Acapulco

Billabong
02-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Guga confirms presence in the match of Acapulco
13/02/2003 to 18h54
Camboriú (SC) - While it trains in Florianópolis for the match of Buenos Aires, Gustavo Kuerten uses to advantage the free time to fill the last gaps that remained in its calendar. In this thursday, the Brazilian confirmed presence in the ATP of Acapulco, that starts in 24 of February, in the gross sand.

Champion of the Mexican match in 2001, Guga received an invitation from the organizadores to dispute the competition for the second time. The catarinense must embark in this Saturday for Buenos Aires, where its first event plays in squares of gross sand in the season.

"I am finding excellent to play these two matches, one followed of the other. They are two places that I taste very to play. It goes to be a good chance to obtain to mark points in ranking, "said Kuerten, that trains in Camboriú to the side of Andres Sá and the Larri technician Steps.

great!!!! I hope he does well there, and like he said, obtain points!!!! I think he has great chances there!!

GO GUGAAA!!!

Billabong
02-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Guga makes a long trip, but already he is in Acapulco
23/02/2003 to 21h28
Acapulco (Mexico) - After reaching the semifinal of Copa AT&T in Buenos Aires, Gustavo Kuerten is already in Acapulco for the dispute of another tournament in clay. He and his coach Larri Passos had arrived in the Mexican health-resort in this sunday, after a long trip that started in the beginning of the dawn and had stopped in Cancún and the City of Mexico.

When arriving in Acapulco, where he was champion two years ago, Guga was received with much affection for the fans and soon Diamond he was directed to the famous beach of Punta, where the Mextenis stadium is located, stadium of the dispute of the ATP tournament.

Guga, seeded sixth, will make its entrance only in tuesday, against a qualifier. Because Acapulco is three hours before here, the last round of qualification must finish late this sunday.

"It is a tournament that I adore to play, is in clay and at the level of the sea. The players feel very well in a wonderful place like this and I have to keep my level and to continue evolving ", said Guga, that still today would train with Larri. "Last week I made good matches, but necessarily I have to find more rythm in my game".

The match of Acapulco distributes U$ 690 a thousand in prizes and gives to the champion 225 points in ranking world-wide and 45 in the Race of the Champions. Guga occupies, respectively, 29º and 20º rank.

Lee
02-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Guga is not playing doubles with Sa in this tournament. I think it's a good decision not to overtext himself.

Billabong
02-24-2003, 11:07 PM
I also think it's a good decision, because he plays Indian Wells and Miami in 2 weeks.. and each tournament is during 2 weeks..

claudine140
02-25-2003, 06:49 AM
That is what Moyke said after his match against Guga on being friends with Guga Kuerten
"Even 10 years after we retire from tennis I will be friends the Guga and that is not something I can say about every tennis player".
Isn't this a nice compliment?

Ma. Estefania
02-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, it is. I don't know, but I have read many times articles and interviews, and seen many pics in which Guga is a very good friend of Nicolas Lapentti too.

Luck for both of them at Acapulco.

Billabong
02-25-2003, 09:20 PM
I wanted to use my 600th post to encourage Guga in this tournament!!!! I think ¾ of my posts are in this thread lol..

GO GUGAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!! you rock!

Lee
02-26-2003, 07:46 AM
:bounce: Guga :bounce: What a match today fighting off all those match points.

Sorry I could not cheer on Guga with you guys but I am also glad I was not here. I don't think my heart could survive the 2nd set tie break.

Guga's next round opponents will be even tougher.

GOOD LUCK GUGA

kallrose
02-26-2003, 09:19 PM
I won't be able to 'watch' the match tonight with Guga and his opponent, but I wanted to give him some encouragement:

GO GUGA!!!!!!!! YOU CAN (and will) WIN - YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

Lee
02-26-2003, 10:38 PM
*sigh* Again, can't be here to cheer for Guga tonight. Hopefully there will be a larger gang than yesterday to cheer for Guga in the live score thread.

:bounce: GO GUGA GO :bounce:

GOOD LUCK GUGA, You're KING OF CLAY!

Dissident
02-27-2003, 03:56 AM
Guga won another tough match. 5-7 6-1 6-2.
Yet another time, he had a break in the first set and then blew it. Its weird how he is having so much trouble holding on with his advantages.
But he is winning, and thats what matters more!
Now on to Gonzo :eek:

Lee
02-27-2003, 04:23 AM
Good news for me! Another win from Guga! :bounce:

He will be facing Gonzo tomorrow :p

GOOD LUCK GUGA :D :D

Lee
02-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Guga is now in SF against Zabaleta :bounce:

It's unfortunate the Gonzo retired. :(

Jorge
02-28-2003, 05:29 AM
Once Carlitos was eliminated I Want Guga to win the tournament beating Félix Mantilla, but Mariano will be a tough rival.

It would be a great match Guga vs Carlos in a final on clay. maybe the next time