06-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Karlovic, LaLo, Carlsen, Lisnard, Serra

azza
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Davydenko hes good but not top 10 material :o

Goldstein K.Kim H.T Lee Montanes

Experimentee
06-18-2005, 02:55 PM
From what I've seen, Oscar Hernandez is the worst player in the top 100 by far. Then maybe Burgsmuller.
Davydenko isnt so talented that you would say he belongs in the top 10.

Melvins
06-18-2005, 03:26 PM
In top 10, Nikolay Davydenko.

1sun
06-18-2005, 04:46 PM
to be in the top 10 tennis players in the world,u no doubt have to be talented, but i would go with roddick as being the least talented top ten player currently.the guy simple cannot play smart,bash bash bash and bash some more.(no disrepsect to andy or his fans)

tennis4eva
06-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Davydenko. But it's hardly fair to say it. He's worked his butt off to get where he is. It takes talent to work that hard. no?

Scotso
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Davydenko hes good but not top 10 material :o

Goldstein K.Kim H.T Lee Montanes

I find it hard to believe you know anything whatsoever about Goldstein.

I find it funny that any players who aren't "talented" could be in the top of the game. They're all talented at something.

fabolous
06-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I find it funny that any players who aren't "talented" could be in the top of the game. They're all talented at something.
yes of course you're right. but they don't have all the same talent, so there must be some with less talent (see thread title;)).

top 10 it's davydenko for sure. but that doesn't mean he would not deserve. he even derserves it more than others, because he fills up his lack of talent with hard work :yeah:

nkhera1
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
to be in the top 10 tennis players in the world,u no doubt have to be talented, but i would go with roddick as being the least talented top ten player currently.the guy simple cannot play smart,bash bash bash and bash some more.(no disrepsect to andy or his fans)

It takes talent to bash it hard and be good otherwise you and I would be there. If it was so easy why aren't there more bashers in the top 10 or in tennis. Its not like Roddick is paying the ATP to make him ranked in the top 3. :rolleyes:

RodLo
06-18-2005, 06:30 PM

Maybe it's just the Andy fan in me talking, but seriously...:rolleyes:

There are absolutely some guys in the top 10 that are less talented than him, and even they have major talent. It's not like just anyone pops into the top 10...no matter how weak you think their game is. :shrug: Besides, if Andy truly were one of the less talented top 10 players, I'm sure he wouldn't be consistently in the top 5 for the last couple of years. Obviously, there are 5 or 6 guys less talented than him...so to call him one of the least talented is absolutely ridiculous....in my humble opinion, of course. :angel:

oneandonlyhsn
06-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I'd have to say Roddick, but thats JMHO.

Deboogle!.
06-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Its not like Roddick is paying the ATP to make him ranked in the top 3. :rolleyes:But he is! didn't you get the memo??!

Auscon
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
To hit the ball as hard as Roddick does and still keep it in the court, thats a gift, its talent no matter how you look at it

NATAS81
06-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Less talented makes no sense.

They all have some form of talent, otherwise the ATP wouldn't allow them to play in the tourneys.

Some have more accurate serves, faster servers, more pop, heavier serves, better quickness, etc.

There are attributes that exceed in each category more than others.

The players with the lowest attributes is the only way to do this thread.

Make a thread that rates from 1-10 serves, forehand, backhand, etc of the top 10.

NYCtennisfan
06-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I thought Davydenko was quite an overachiever until I saw some of the footage from Hamburg where he was hitting winners left and right but of course that is just one tournament.

Rosa Luxembourg
06-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Davydenko. But it's hardly fair to say it. He's worked his butt off to get where he is. It takes talent to work that hard. no?

:worship: couldn't have said any better!

Haute
06-18-2005, 11:55 PM
It takes talent to bash it hard and be good otherwise you and I would be there. If it was so easy why aren't there more bashers in the top 10 or in tennis. Its not like Roddick is paying the ATP to make him ranked in the top 3. :rolleyes:

The way I took the original post is that he's saying Roddick's game is very one-dimensional, and I have to agree with that. For years it just seemed like the only way he was winning matches was by bring up big serves on every point...to have a big serve to begin with is alright, but when you make it your only asset, it's saying that you're trying to make up for a lack in other departments of your game. IMHO, he's a baseline basher just like Hewitt, except that Roddick at least tries to come up to net (but more than half the time isn't successful up there). And being a baseliner would be alright too if he at least put more variety in his shots; throw in some drop shots once in awhile and change up the pace to keep your opponent on their toes and always guessing what's going to happen next. I think he's lost his dominance in the game lately because his game is too predictable.

Deboogle!.
06-19-2005, 12:20 AM
To hit the ball as hard as Roddick does and still keep it in the court, thats a gift, its talent no matter how you look at itno no no no no he's just lucky, don't you see? :)

LuckyAC
06-19-2005, 12:35 AM
There are only two possible factors to being good, how much natural talent you have and well you have been trained. Saying that Roddick is the least talented means that he would have to be incredibly well-trained and hard-working. Not to say that he isn't, but I don't see his trained skills as better than others in the top 10, it's actually his natural talents which dominate.

oneandonlyhsn
06-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Lol I cant believe this thread is still going on, maybe we should make a poll

NYCtennisfan
06-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Lol I cant believe this thread is still going on, maybe we should make a poll

Where's Tennisfool? :)

heya
06-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Don't mind the Fed trolls. Ignorance is bliss.

El Legenda
06-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Federer has no talent..all he does is just hit perfact shots ;)

Daniel
06-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Nadal

Havok
06-19-2005, 01:31 AM
So Safin does what exactly to win his matches/titles? Drop shot his way to victory?:retard:

NYCtennisfan
06-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Federer has no talent..all he does is just hit perfact shots

LOL!

So Safin does what exactly to win his matches/titles? Drop shot his way to victory?

Hehehehe. You don't win a great majority of your matches without great talent.

Deboogle!.
06-19-2005, 04:19 AM
Hehehehe. You don't win a great majority of your matches without great talent.You can if you're really really lucky, and if people fix the draws and scheduling for you.

bad gambler
06-19-2005, 05:28 AM
Depends on what you mean by talent

If you refer to pure shot making and skill, then you would have to say Hewitt, in the top 10

But then again, I consider grit and determination a talent in itself, for which no one surpasses him.

As some posters alluded to, this is a pretty stupid thread to begin with, then again Im posting in it :silly:

Kristen
06-19-2005, 06:37 AM
When I read this:
"Less-talented players in TOP 10(0)"
I read it as Top 10 or 100. Hence, the Jiri Vanek comment. Isn't this correct!? lol...

Fedex
06-23-2005, 10:13 PM
To hit the ball as hard as Roddick does and still keep it in the court, thats a gift, its talent no matter how you look at it
Actually alot of that has to do with improved raquet technology, but yes, if you're in the top 10, you are talented, some ofcourse more gifted than others.

Bibir
06-23-2005, 10:39 PM
You can if you're really really lucky, and if people fix the draws and scheduling for you.
ahhh!...Debbie Duck!

http://www.avians.net/scarletdown/animated-gifs/ani-daisy-002.gif

Pea
06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
duckface.

nkhera1
06-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Actually alot of that has to do with improved raquet technology, but yes, if you're in the top 10, you are talented, some ofcourse more gifted than others.

So you are telling me that if I get a Babalot I will be able to hit it just like Roddick. Thats the happiest news I've ever heard.

nkhera1
06-24-2005, 05:47 AM
I think hte least talented player in the top 10 Joachim Johannson because if he had more talent he would be higher than number 10 as of now. I think the least talented player in the top 100 is Jiri Vanek because if he had more talent he would be higher than 100.

Wow looking back at my post I think I should receive the Nobel Prize for such an award winning theory.

Becarina
06-24-2005, 06:06 AM
So you are telling me that if I get a Babalot I will be able to hit it just like Roddick. Thats the happiest news I've ever heard.

not true, I tried and it doesnt work :rolleyes:

nkhera1
06-24-2005, 06:07 AM
not true, I tried and it doesnt work :rolleyes:

Well thats what Fedex said and since he is a fan of the great Roger Federer he must be correct. ;)