AntonyDupuis2005
06-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Anybody have any info yet?

Fee
06-18-2005, 03:19 AM
What info would you like?

AntonyDupuis2005
06-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Who's going to be there mainly? Is it a good tournament to go to? I guess you're hoping for JMG hey Fee?

Fee
06-18-2005, 05:52 AM
I've never been there, its south of Santa Cruz and that's a 2.5 - 3 hour drive from me (without one minute of traffic delays) and I don't have a car at the moment anyway. It's a coastal community so there is no such thing as a cheap hotel there in the summer and the drive back and forth to San Jose (30 mins) is a bit treacherous to stay at my fave place there. Jan-Mike has told me that he intends to enter, but I don't know that he will actually play there because of his legs.

This year Aptos falls during a Davis Cup week, so I suspect that it will have a stronger than normal entry list. Look for anyone who likes hardcourts, especially Americans, ranked between about 70 to 200 as of Monday (the 20th) to possibly sign up, entries are due at 5 pm. We'll probably have the entry list from our usual source by Wednesday.

It's a $75K and its one of the oldest challengers in the states, so it seems like it would be a pretty good one to go to. If I can get down there, I will, but it just doesn't look like that's going to happen at this time. Here's the tournament website: http://seascapesportsclub.com/challenger/

Hope that helps.

ae wowww
06-18-2005, 11:27 AM
So no ATP Events running alongside? As it's Davis Cup time, that is...

Fee
06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Here's the raw entry list. I'll put the pretty one in later (when someone else types it up :D ).

Goldstein - 101
Phau - 103
Carraz- 111
Lapentii, G - 114
Dupuis - 116
Gimelstob - 123
Gambill - 127
Dlouhy - 139
Delic - 145
Tursunov - 152 (?)
Lu - 153
Okun - 154
Heuberger - 159
Bogomolov, JR - 162
Dancevic - 164
Capdeville - 173
Baker - 175
Reynolds - 189
Salzenstein - 196
Weiner - 192
Ferreiro - 209
Niemeyer - 217

I really thought this list would be a bit more competitive, but its the 'usual suspects' on the US Challenger circuit, for the most part.

smucav
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
OUT Goldstein USA 101
2 Phau GER 103
3 Carraz FRA 111
4 Lapentti, G ECU 114
5 Dupuis FRA 116
6 Gimelstob USA 123
OUT Gambill USA 127
8 Dlouhy CZE 139
9 Delic USA 145
10 Tursunov RUS 152
OUT Lu TPE 153
12 Okun ISR 154
OUT Heuberger SUI 159
14 Bogomolov, JR USA 162
15 Dancevic CAN 164
OUT Capdeville CHI 173
OUT Baker USA 175
18 Reynolds USA 189
OUT Salzenstein USA 196
20 Weiner USA 192
OUT Ferreiro BRA 209
22 Niemeyer CAN 217
23 (SE)
24 (SE)
25 (WC) Andy Murray GBR
26 (WC) Rajeev Ram USA
27 (WC) Scoville Jenkins USA
28 (WC) Ben Lankenau USA
29 (Q) Lester Cook (USA)
30 (Q) Huntley Montgomery (USA)
31 (Q) Eric Taino (USA)
32 (Q) Samuel Querrey (USA)
(LL) Marc Kimmich AUS (replaces Gambill)
(LL) Lesley Joseph (USA) (replaces Russell)
(LL) Phillip King (USA) (replaces Goldstein)

Alternates
IN Alves BRA 229
IN Sela ISR 235
IN Boeker USA 237
IN Mamit USA 240
IN Levy ISR 254
OUT Russell USA 256
IN Cakl CZE 264
IN Healey AUS 267
1. Mergea ROM 271
2. Kimmich AUS 274
OUT Miranda PER 277
3. Bruthans SVK 278
4. Baccanello AUS 281
5. Rojer AHO 288
6. Smeets AUS 295
7. Lammer
9. Widom
10. R.Ram
11. Adaktusson

ae wowww
07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I definitely expected a stronger entry too... but it's nice to see the same friendly faces :) I guess a lot of guys are taking a little time off...

Fee
07-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I guess so. The Top 100 guys could have a long summer from Indy up to the USO, so I guess its no real big surprise that most of them opted to pass this one up. Andy Murray has been given a WC, but I am interested to see who will get the others. Perhaps Mardy Fish wanting to test out his wrist?

Habsudovafan
07-07-2005, 09:04 PM
GO Florin!!

LaTenista
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Anyone know what's going with Salzenstein? Injury? I don't think he's played since qualies of FO. I kinda like his game and last summer I (without realizing it) kicked his coach out of my seat at Cincy.

Deboogle!.
07-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I guess so. The Top 100 guys could have a long summer from Indy up to the USO, so I guess its no real big surprise that most of them opted to pass this one up. Andy Murray has been given a WC, but I am interested to see who will get the others. Perhaps Mardy Fish wanting to test out his wrist?He's got WorldTeamTennis commitments and his site says he'll probably test the wrist there. Challenger would've been a better idea though.

But it's ok, he'll be on the challenger circuit soon enough anyway.

LaTenista
07-08-2005, 05:22 PM
But it's ok, he'll be on the challenger circuit soon enough anyway.

First thought: :haha:
Second thought: :sad:
Third thought: :o

Let's hope he can make a come back like the last silver medalist, Tommy Haas!

smucav
07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=6214Aptos' wildcards announced
$75,000 Comerica Challenger
A men’s professional tennis event
July 11-17, 2005
Seascape Sports Club, Aptos

FINAL WILDCARDS ANNOUNCED FOR NEXT WEEK’S EVENT

(FOR RELEASE JULY 8, 2005) – Young Americans Rajeev Ram, Scoville Jenkins and Ben Lankenau will join Scottish phenom and Wimbledon hero Andrew Murray as wildcard entries into the $75,000 Comerica Challenger, it was announced Friday. The tournament begins Monday, July 11, at Seascape Sports Club in Aptos (Santa Cruz County).

Ram, 21, is a native of Carmel, Ind., and helped the University of Illinois win the 2003 NCAA team championship, also claiming the NCAA doubles title that year. He is ranked No. 273 by the ATP.

Jenkins, a 19-year-old from Atlanta, was a semifinalist at the Wimbledon Juniors in 2004 became the first African American to win the USTA Boys 18s Hardcourts at Kalamazoo, Mich., in 2004. He is ranked No. 500 by the ATP.

Lankenau, a 16-year-old from Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., is a prospect coached by former ATP standout Phil Dent. Lankenau has consistently ranked among the national top 20 in his age groups and has played in several Futures tournaments. He is unranked.

Murray, whose wildcard entry was announced July 2, is an 18-year-old Scot who shocked the tennis world by reaching the third round at Wimbledon, lasting longer in the draw than beloved Brit Tim Henman. His ranked jumped from No. 312 to No. 213 on Monday based on his Wimbledon efforts. Murray, the reigning U.S. Open Junior champion, will make his Comerica Challenger debut at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 12, against an opponent to be determined Sunday.

Five players from the official ATP acceptance list have backed out of the Comerica Challenger because of injuries: two-time champion Jeff Salzenstein, Brian Baker, Paul Capdeville, Franco Ferreiro and Yen-Hsun Lu. To fill their spots in the draw, plus two other spots reserved for special exemptions that will not be used, the following seven players are now in the main draw: Thiago Alves, Dudi Sela, Matias Boeker, Michael Russell, Cecil Mamiit, Harel Levy and Tomas Cakl. Mamitt won the Seascape title in 1998.

The Comerica Challenger singles champion will receive $10,800, up from $7,200 in previous years when prize money totaled $50,000; the runner-up will earn $6,360, up from $4,250. The doubles winners will split $4,650. Marking its 19th consecutive year, the Comerica Challenger is the longest-running challenger on the men’s USTA Pro Circuit. It gets under way July 9-10 with a 32-player qualifying tournament that will advance four semifinalists to the main draw.

A percentage of all ticket sales is donated to local schools. Tickets are $14 Monday through Thursday, $18 Friday (quarterfinals), $20 Saturday (semifinals) and $22 Sunday (finals). A weekend pass (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) is $50. Kids 5 and under are admitted free and tickets for kids 6-12 are half price. There is a 20 % discount on tickets for groups of 10 or more. Admission to the qualifying tournament is free.

Seascape Sports Club is one of Northern California’s premiere clubs, located just a few hundred yards from the Pacific Ocean. It is located at 1505 Seascape Blvd. in Aptos.

For more ticket information, call (831) 688-1993 or log onto www.seascapesportsclub.com.

Deboogle!.
07-08-2005, 06:27 PM
First thought: :haha:
Second thought: :sad:
Third thought: :o

Let's hope he can make a come back like the last silver medalist, Tommy Haas!Yeah, it's sad. As soon as his Olympics points come off (and they're essentially un-defendable in a sense), he can kiss the top 100 good bye.

smucav
07-08-2005, 06:40 PM
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Baker, Capdeville, Ferreiro, Heuberger, Lu, Salzenstein (and Miranda from ALT)
IN: Alves, Sela, Boeker, Mamiit, Levy, Russell, Cakl, Healey
NEXT: Mergea, Kimmich, Bruthans, Baccanello, Rojer, Smeets, Lammer, Widom, R.Ram, Adaktusson

Scotso
07-09-2005, 03:00 AM
Paul :D

Fee
07-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Qualifying draw: http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/467/QS.pdf

Lot of byes. Sam Querrey is playing, with a WC, wish I could be there to see him play, people seem to be impressed with him so far.

Tricky_Forehand
07-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Sam Querrey is playing, with a WC, wish I could be there to see him play, people seem to be impressed with him so far.

Chances are that he could have improved since Alex steamrolled him in Burbank last October but he seemed pretty average to me.

shirgan
07-09-2005, 07:14 AM
One of the players is without nationality apparently :lol:
GALLMAN, Robert #N/A

Tricky_Forehand
07-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Feel sort of bad for Brian Wilson...looks like he has to pair with the guy he normally plays Doubles with...if my memory is working right :)

CooCooCachoo
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Feel sort of bad for Brian Wilson...looks like he has to pair with the guy he normally plays Doubles with...if my memory is working right :)

He has to pair with the guy he normally plays doubles with? Now wouldn't that be a good thing? :shrug: :scratch:

CooCooCachoo
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Good luck to Denis Zivkovic in qualifying.

CooCooCachoo
07-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Ah, I think you meant Wilson/Rainey often play doubles together and now they meet in the 1R of qualies?

ae wowww
07-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Ah, I think you meant Wilson/Rainey often play doubles together and now they meet in the 1R of qualies?

:lol: Duh!

Fee
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Main draw is out, I'll have it here in a minute...

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/467/mds.pdf

(Doubles draw on Sunday afternoon).

(1) GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA vs DELIC, Amer USA
HEALEY, Nathan AUS vs ALVES, Thiago BRA

QUALIFIER, vs (WC) RAM, Rajeev USA
SELA, Dudi ISR vs (7) CARRAZ, Gregory FRA

(4)DUPUIS, Antony FRA vs OKUN, Noam ISR
MAMIIT, Cecil USA vs RUSSELL, Michael USA

QUALIFIER, vs (WC) LANKENAU, Ben USA
WEINER, Glenn USA vs (6) LAPENTTI, Giovanni ECU

(8) DLOUHY, Lukas CZE vs QUALIFIER,
REYNOLDS, Bobby USA vs GAMBILL, Jan-Michael USA

BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA vs CAKL, Tomas CZE
(wc) JENKINS, Scoville USA vs (3) PHAU, Bjorn GER

(5) TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS vs LEVY, Harel ISR
DANCEVIC, Frank CAN vs BOEKER, Matias USA

NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN vs (WC) MURRAY, Andrew GBR
QUALIFIER, vs (2) GIMELSTOB, Justin USA

Paul :bounce: Justin!!!! :bounce:

Glenn :) Jan-Michael :) (sorry Bobby)
Alex B. :) Scoville :) Harel :)

greatkingrat
07-09-2005, 04:45 PM
MAIN DRAW

(1) GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v DELIC, Amer USA
HEALEY, Nathan AUS v ALVES, Thiago BRA
QUALIFIER v (WC) RAM, Rajeev USA
SELA, Dudi ISR v (7) CARRAZ, Gregory FRA

(4) DUPUIS, Antony FRA v OKUN, Noam ISR
MAMIIT, Cecil USA v RUSSELL, Michael USA
QUALIFIER v (WC) LANKENAU, Ben USA
WEINER, Glenn USA v (6) LAPENTTI, Giovanni ECU

(8) DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v QUALIFIER,
REYNOLDS, Bobby USA v GAMBILL, Jan-Michael USA
BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA v CAKL, Tomas CZE
(WC) JENKINS, Scoville USA v (3) PHAU, Bjorn GER

(5) TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v LEVY, Harel ISR
DANCEVIC, Frank CAN v BOEKER, Matias USA
NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN v (WC) MURRAY, Andrew GBR
QUALIFIER v (2) GIMELSTOB, Justin USA

Maia
07-09-2005, 05:23 PM
:mad: bad draw for the Israelis :help: good luck Noam, Dudi & Harel

Scotso
07-09-2005, 06:30 PM
good luck:

:worship: Paul Goldstein :worship:
Amer Delic
Dudi Sela :hearts:
Michael Russell
Giovanni Lapentti
Bobby Reynolds
Jan-Michael Gambill
Alex Bogomolov, Jr.
Frederic Niemeyer
Andrew Murray :D

great field! I wish I could go.

Tricky_Forehand
07-09-2005, 07:24 PM
I want Alex to kick ass this week and for the week to also go very, very quickly :)

Deboogle!.
07-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Feel sort of bad for Brian Wilson...looks like he has to pair with the guy he normally plays Doubles with...if my memory is working right :)I feel badly for him b/c he has the same name as Brian Wilson. :p

Poor Amer, draws #1 seed 2 weeks in a row:(

CooCooCachoo
07-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Come on Björn Phau :worship:

ae wowww
07-10-2005, 08:47 AM
What time is the draw made today? Sign-in is usually like 5 or 6pm right? So will be bedtime for me by then :p

Habsudovafan
07-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Where is Florin Mergea?

Nimrodg
07-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Good luck to:
Dudi Sela :D
Harel Levy :D
Noam Okun :D
Paul Goldstein :D
Andy Murray :D

hingis_tapuz
07-10-2005, 02:42 PM
GO HAREL, DUDI, NOAM!!!

ae wowww
07-10-2005, 08:55 PM
MAIN DRAW DOUBLES

Jeff Coetzee/Jordan Kerr [1]
vs.
Amer Delic/Huntley Montgomery

Goran Dragicevic/Mirko Pehar
vs.
Nathan Healey/Eric Taino

Gregory Carraz/Antony Dupuis [4]
vs.
Bjorn Phau/Lukas Dlouhy

Frank Dancevic/Frederic Niemeyer
vs.
Alex Bogomolov Jr./Glenn Weiner

Vahe Assadourian/Dmitry Tursunov WC
vs.
QUALIFIER/QUALIFIER

Harel Levy/Noam Okun
vs.
Rajeev Ram/Bobby Reynolds [3]

Scott Oudsema/Phillip Simmonds WC
vs.
Matias Boeker/John Isner WC

Brandon Coupe/Cecil Mamit
vs.
Chris Haggard/Tripp Phillips [2]

Tricky_Forehand
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Alex/Glenn :)

They just played an exhib against each other near the Tahoe area (Incline Village) so I guess they thought to give it a go in Doubles :)

ae wowww
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Good Fortune:
Jeff Coetzee/Jordan Kerr [1]
Chris Haggard/Tripp Phillips [2]
Harel Levy/Noam Okun

smucav
07-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Qualifying Results (singles):

First Round
(1)Marc Kimmich (AUS) bye
Denis Zivkovic (USA) d. Luka Gregorc (SLO) 6-3 6-4
Lester Cook (USA) d. (WC)Bijan Hejazi (USA) 6-3 6-3
(6)Brian Wilson (USA) d. Nick Rainey (USA) 4-6 1-0 ret.
(2)Lesley Joseph (USA) bye
(WC)John Isner (USA) d. (WC)Kevin Kaiser (USA) 6-4 6-3
Brad Weston (AUS) d. (WC)Timour Dick (USA) 6-1 6-1
Huntley Montgomery (USA) d. (5)Raphael Durek (AUS) 6-4 5-7 6-4
(3)Eric Taino (USA) bye
Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) d. (WC)Mandondo Ivy (USA) 6-1 6-1
Scott Oudsema (USA) d. (WC)Robert Gallman (USA) 6-1 6-4
(7)Phillip King (USA) d. Josh Olivas (USA) 6-0 6-0
(4)Kyu-Tae Im (KOR) bye
(WC)Samuel Querrey (USA) d. Michael Calkins (USA) 7-6(2) 3-6 7-6(6)
Phillip Simmonds (USA) d. (WC)Gus Andersen (USA) 6-3 1-2 ret.
(8)Sadik Kadir (AUS) d. (WC)Alexander Rosinski (USA) 6-4 6-1

Second Round
(1)Marc Kimmich (AUS) d. Denis Zivkovic (USA) 6-4 6-4
Lester Cook (USA) d. (6)Brian Wilson (USA) 6-3 1-6 6-3
(2)Lesley Joseph (USA) d. (WC)John Isner (USA) 6-4 6-4
Huntley Montgomery (USA) d. Brad Weston (AUS) 6-4 7-6(6)
(3)Eric Taino (USA) d. Fritz Wolmarans (RSA) 7-6(5) 6-7(5) 6-3
(7)Phillip King (USA) d. Scott Oudsema (USA) 3-6 6-3 6-1
(WC)Samuel Querrey (USA) d. (4)Kyu-Tae Im (KOR) 7-6(1) 7-5
(8)Sadik Kadir (AUS) d. Phillip Simmonds (USA) 7-5 6-4

Qualifying Round
Lester Cook (USA) d. (1)Marc Kimmich (AUS) 7-6(6) 5-7 6-2
Huntley Montgomery (USA) d. (2)Lesley Joseph (USA) 6-4 6-3
(3)Eric Taino (USA) d. (7)Phillip King (USA) 6-0 7-5
(WC)Samuel Querrey (USA) d. (8)Sadik Kadir (AUS) 7-5 6-3

smucav
07-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Gambill OUT
(LL) Marc Kimmich IN

Revised draw (with qualifiers/lucky loser):

(1)Paul Goldstein (USA) vs Amer Delic (USA)
Thiago Alves (BRA) vs Nathan Healey (AUS)
(WC)Rajeev Ram (USA) vs (q)Samuel Querrey (USA)
(7)Gregory Carraz (FRA) vs Dudi Sela (ISR)

(4)Antony Dupuis (FRA) vs Noam Okun (ISR)
Michael Russell (USA) vs Cecil Mamiit (USA)
(WC)Benjamin Lankenau (USA) vs (q)Eric Taino (USA)
(6)Giovanni Lapentti (ECU) vs Glenn Weiner (USA)

(8)Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) vs (q)Huntley Montgomery (USA)
Bobby Reynolds (USA) vs (q)Lester Cook (USA) [Cook replaces Jan-Michael Gambill]
Alex Bogomolov (USA) vs Tomas Cakl (CZE)
(3)Bjorn Phau (GER) vs (WC)Scoville Jenkins (USA)

(5)Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) vs Harel Levy (ISR)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) vs Matias Boeker (USA)
Frederic Niemeyer (CAN) vs (WC)Andrew Murray (GBR)
(2)Justin Gimelstob (USA) vs (LL)Marc Kimmich (AUS)

Deboogle!.
07-11-2005, 02:25 AM
oh no poor Fee:(

Tricky_Forehand
07-11-2005, 02:26 AM
7:30 PM and still waiting for a Monday OP. This is what I don't like about local time tourneys. Takes friggin forever :mad: . If only I could drive the 8 hours up there :fiery: . OK, done venting...for now.

Finally bitched loud enough, I guess. OP came out 3 minutes after my original post.

Fee
07-11-2005, 04:55 AM
oh no poor Fee:(

Poor Fee what? Bad girl Deb... ( :lol: ) Jan-Mike calls on Friday, says he'll be there, then he calls Saturday after the draw is made to say he's pulling out. Guess he doesn't care about the fine. :rolleyes:

I'm in Aptos until Tuesday evening. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision when I realized that I wouldn't be able to go to LA this year. I wanted to see Gimel and Goldstein, and a few other guys, get enough of a fix to last me until the Sacto Challenger in October or San Jose in February.

So, spoke to Gimel for a while already, he looks good and he feels okay. Walked right past Bogomolov twice because he has cut off all of his hair (its really, really short) and I didn't even think it was him until he spoke to me, then I finally looked up and saw those big blue eyes. Hung out and yakked it up with him for a while, offered to go have a hit with him and we laughed about what that would actually look like since I haven't touched my racquet since April. Gave Glenn Weiner a pat on the rear end (long story, but Glenn didn't mind and he said make sure to tell 'Top 100' what I had done). Said hello to Scoville Jenkins (very shy, doesn't get the whole 'tennis fans walking up to say hello to him' thing), then a little while later had a great conversation with Scoville Sr. He seems like a very cool man (AJ, he's already seen your website). Took a few pictures of Sco playing the doubles qualies (which they won in 3 sets, at about 7 pm, play the last round tomorrow). I think that's it. Have to be back there at 10 am tomorrow morning (ugh) for Sco's match so that I can take more photos (and stalk Jordan Kerr, the cutie patootie).

I'll try to post more tomorrow, but my internet time is limited. And I will also try to send PM's or emails to a few interested parties in this thread with a little bit more info. I have to go......

aj_m2009
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Said hello to Scoville Jenkins (very shy, doesn't get the whole 'tennis fans walking up to say hello to him' thing), then a little while later had a great conversation with Scoville Sr. He seems like a very cool man (AJ, he's already seen your website). Took a few pictures of Sco playing the doubles qualies (which they won in 3 sets, at about 7 pm, play the last round tomorrow). I think that's it. Have to be back there at 10 am tomorrow morning (ugh) for Sco's match so that I can take more photos (and stalk Jordan Kerr, the cutie patootie).

**Shakes computer screen and screams, "Darn it, he wasnt supposed to see the site yet!!!"**:p Sorry, I would have just prefered him see it when its updated lol. But then again he can always check it out now and check out all the updates. Anyway, Fee (and others), if you want to, you can email the pics to me at photos@scoville-jenkins.com and Ill get them up asap (and of course all credit will be given to the owner of the pics:)).

Thanks for about the millionth time, Fee lol:D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Lets go Andy Murray :D

Luka
07-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Any livescores?

Zorro
07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
any results?

rafi78
07-11-2005, 04:50 PM
any news?

alex.2812
07-11-2005, 05:01 PM
go andrew murray!

Toontje19
07-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Could someone updat live scores of Phau and Dlouhy, or provide us with a live score link??

AntonyDupuis2005
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I believe there won't be any live scores or regular updates so you guys will have to be really patient.

rafi78
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
somebody from US call please

Luka
07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
For tickets and more information call (831)688-1993

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Jenkins beat Phau 6-3, 6-4 (It's either this or 6-4, 6-3)

Luka
07-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Jenkins beat Phau 6-3, 6-4 (It's either this or 6-4, 6-3)

OMG :o

Zorro
07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
other results?

dijus
07-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Zorro privvvvv :)

rafi78
07-11-2005, 08:03 PM
any news?

rafi78
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Confirmed again:

Jenkins bt Phau 6-4, 6-3
No winner posted yet at the front desk for the Dlouhy match and that's all the info the women could provide for me.

marcelwks
07-11-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah and ask for Taino score ;)

rafi78
07-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Confirmed again:

Jenkins bt Phau 6-4, 6-3
No winner posted yet at the front desk for the Dlouhy match and that's all the info the women could provide for me.

thanks.

please call again in 30 min

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Dlouhy won 6-4, 6-1
Taino won 6-2, 6-2

marcelwks
07-11-2005, 09:03 PM
thank you very much coreyschucky :)

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Just to let everyone know I am calling but it's very difficult for the people there to answer questions. There is alot of noise and they are having a hard time hearing. I'm having to repeat the players names 10x over. As always I don't trust these scores but I did ask them for the result a couple of times and these are the scores they have given me.

dijus
Dlouhy won 6-4, 6-1
Taino won 6-2, 6-2
:worship: :worship: :worship:

JMG
omg Phau you idiot! :o

rafi78
07-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Dlouhy won 6-4, 6-1
Taino won 6-2, 6-2
thank you

biber
07-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Goldstein must win this Challenger :)

Zorro
07-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Ram score?

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Ram score?

No score but they are playing right now. They don't get live updates only final scores.

Lebowski
07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Anyone have any insight for Bogolomov vs Cakl. Cakl beat him convincingly earlier in the year in Joplin (indoor hard).

dijus
07-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Greets, Lebowski :))) hehe , GL then ;)

rafi78
07-11-2005, 10:11 PM
any news?

Seeker
07-11-2005, 10:14 PM
great job Taino

Aleksa's Laydee
07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
good luck tomo andy :)

Zorro
07-11-2005, 11:06 PM
res-s?

coreyschucky
07-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Ram won 6-2, 4-6, 6-2

Scotso
07-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Some of you guys need to learn a little patience.

aj_m2009
07-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Could someone tell me the score of the doubles match between Rainey and Wilson and Jenkins and Querrey please?

Fee
07-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Goldstein has withdrawn. I don't know who won the final Dubs qualies because I was watching Alex play and by the time he finished Scoville Sr. had left. I do know it went to 3 sets, and Rainey and Wilson were screaming about the lines calls loud enough for me to hear them 2 courts away. Dubs draw sheet should be updated on the ATP site by now.

I need to get some food, I'll write a report and post it later (unless I fall asleep on my dinner).

Deboogle!.
07-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Congrats, Sco:D

Scotso
07-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Why did Paul withdraw? Thanks to his new ranking? :p

aj_m2009
07-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Goldstein has withdrawn. I don't know who won the final Dubs qualies because I was watching Alex play and by the time he finished Scoville Sr. had left. I do know it went to 3 sets, and Rainey and Wilson were screaming about the lines calls loud enough for me to hear them 2 courts away. Dubs draw sheet should be updated on the ATP site by now.

I need to get some food, I'll write a report and post it later (unless I fall asleep on my dinner).

I know Rainey and Wilson won, I just cant find the score anywhere. :rolleyes:

azza
07-12-2005, 04:52 AM
Nathan healey a fucken SF Last week and now a R1 to some unkown shit player So Inconsistent :rolleyes:

smucav
07-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Russell & Goldstein OUT
(LL) Lesley Joseph & (LL) Phillip King IN

Singles Results:

First Round
(LL) Phillip King (USA) vs Amer Delic (USA) [King replaces Paul Goldstein]
Thiago Alves (BRA) def. Nathan Healey (AUS) 63 63
(WC)Rajeev Ram (USA) def. (q)Samuel Querrey (USA) 62 46 62
(7)Gregory Carraz (FRA) vs Dudi Sela (ISR)
(4)Antony Dupuis (FRA) vs Noam Okun (ISR)
(LL) Lesley Joseph (USA) vs Cecil Mamiit (USA) [Joseph replaces Michael Russell]
(q)Eric Taino (USA) def. (WC)Benjamin Lankenau (USA) 62 62
(8)Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) def. (q)Huntley Montgomery (USA) 64 61
Bobby Reynolds (USA) vs (q)Lester Cook (USA) [Cook replaces Jan-Michael Gambill]
Tomas Cakl (CZE) def. Alex Bogomolov (USA) 61 76(4)
(WC)Scoville Jenkins (USA) def. (3)Bjorn Phau (GER) 63 64
(5)Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) vs Harel Levy (ISR)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) vs Matias Boeker (USA)
Frederic Niemeyer (CAN) vs (WC)Andrew Murray (GBR)
(2)Justin Gimelstob (USA) vs (LL)Marc Kimmich (AUS)

Qualifying Results (doubles):

First Round
(1)Nick Rainey/Brian Wilson (USA) def. Raphael Durek/Brad Weston (AUS) 76(2) 61
(WC)Scoville Jenkins/Samuel Querrey (USA) def. (Alt) CORY, Brian/KEPLER, Rick (USA) 63 46 63

Qualifying Round
(1)Nick Rainey/Brian Wilson (USA) def. (WC)Scoville Jenkins/Samuel Querrey (USA) 63 67(3) 61

Doubles Results:

First Round
(1)Jeff Coetzee/Jordan Kerr (RSA/AUS) vs Amer Delic/Huntley Montgomery (USA)
Nathan Healey/Eric Taino (AUS/USA) vs Goran Dragicevic/Mirko Pehar (USA)
Bjorn Phau/Lukas Dlouhy (GER/CZE) def. (4)Gregory Carraz/Antony Dupuis (FRA) 76(4) 64
Frank Dancevic/Frederic Niemeyer (CAN) vs Alex Bogomolov/Glenn Weiner (USA)
(WC)Vahe Assadourian/Dmitry Tursunov (USA/RUS) vs (q) Nick Rainey/Brian Wilson (USA)
(3)Rajeev Ram/Bobby Reynolds (USA) vs Harel Levy/Noam Okun (ISR)
(WC)Matias Boeker/John Isner (USA) def. (WC)Scott Oudsema/Phillip Simmonds (USA) 64 76(11)
(2)Chris Haggard/Tripp Phillips (RSA/USA) vs Brandon Coupe/Cecil Mamiit (USA)

aj_m2009
07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Qualifying Round
(1)Nick Rainey/Brian Wilson (USA) def. (WC)Scoville Jenkins/Samuel Querrey (USA) 63 67(3) 61

Thank you soo much.:D Now I can finally update the site with both scores.

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Lets Okun, Reynolds, Gimelstob and Niemeyer!!!!!

Bobo_jbc_CZ
07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
my match Carraz - Sela

Raquel
07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Good luck Andy Murray ;)

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Enyone can find score from Carraz-Sela ?? thanks

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 06:08 PM
No one can't call :(

Toontje19
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Dupuis vs Okun and Kimmich vs Gimelstob?? :)

Guess we'll have to be very patient again ;)

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Maybe somone can call for us... ;)

dijus
07-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Any news ? Pls :)

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Any news ? Pls :)

Yes, can somone call ----

phone: (831) 688-1993

dijus
07-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Pls call some1 from USA , come on ;)

Toontje19
07-12-2005, 07:08 PM
If you know the phone number, why haven't you called it then? :D

Please, also ask for the scores of Dupuis and Gimelstob

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
If you know the phone number, why haven't you called it then? :D

Please, also ask for the scores of Dupuis and Gimelstob

If this tournament in Croatia I will be first one to call ..... I don't speak English very well , so somone from America can call ... tournament is in his state :wavey:

pgprince
07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Sela leading 7:6 6:7 2:1

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Sela leading 7:6 6:7 2:1

Do you call :worship: :worship:

pgprince
07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
I didn't call.
The information from TV

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I didn't call.
The information from TV

OK Thanks..... can you tell me what TV is having this tournament :wavey: , some from Israel or...

Aleksa's Laydee
07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
good luck Andy!!!

pgprince
07-12-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't know which station broadcasting this tournament.

Toontje19
07-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I didn't call.
The information from TV

Does your TV also present information about Dupuis vs Okun? I believe he's Israelian as well :)

pgprince
07-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Does your TV also present information about Dupuis vs Okun? I believe he's Israelian as well :)

No, sorry.

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 07:44 PM
CMON OKUN!!!

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I need info about Delic - King ....and Carraz - Sela ...

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:48 PM
CMON OKUN!!!

You are from USA can you call for results, I send phone naumber a page before :wavey:

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 07:49 PM
At this moment I cant call

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
At this moment I cant call

Ok , thanks anyway :wavey: :wavey:

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 08:12 PM
How were you getting the scores yesterday? Any site come in with latest results?

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
How were you getting the scores yesterday? Any site come in with latest results?

coreyschucky is call yesterday I see now on page 5... :wavey:

dijus
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Come on, pls call some1 from USA again, pls help SonicCRO (greets ;)) and me :P

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Come on, pls call some1 from USA again, pls help SonicCRO (greets ;)) and me :P

;) :wavey:

dijus
07-12-2005, 08:31 PM
SonicCRO, do u knwo maybe, what is doing now DAVOR SUKER ? ;)

Porthos
07-12-2005, 08:34 PM
SonicCRO, do u knwo maybe, what is doing now DAVOR SUKER ? ;)

He has football agency, and football school

dijus
07-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Porthos thanks :) Greets for Hrvatska ;)

oren987
07-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Sela won 6-4 in the 3rd :worship:

SonicCRO
07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Good job Sela ;)

dijus
07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Very good job Sela, 101% agree with SonicCRO :)))

Nimrodg
07-12-2005, 08:44 PM
DUDI :woohoo:

dijus
07-12-2005, 08:58 PM
http://www.ntext.cz/ttx/nova/245/ <- Here Aptos, on 246 : Rimini, 247 , Manchester , but slow site. This is better than nt, btw ;P

rafi78
07-12-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.ntext.cz/ttx/nova/245/ <- Here Aptos, on 246 : Rimini, 247 , Manchester , but slow site. This is better than nt, btw ;P
live results on sites 280-287

dijus
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks !!

coreyschucky
07-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Completed Matches so far:

Mamit won 7-5, 6-4
Delic won 7-6, 6-4
Sela won 7-6, 6-7, 6-4

oren987
07-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Completed Matches so far:

Mamit won 7-5, 6-4
Delic won 7-6, 6-4
Sela won 7-6, 6-7, 6-4

Very close matchs so far

GRUZI_LOHA
07-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks coreyschucky !!!

dijus
07-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Grazie ;P

AntonyDupuis2005
07-12-2005, 09:24 PM
hey coreyschucky did you get an update on Dupuis by chance?

dijus
07-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I am also waiting on Dupuis score :/ We can only be patient ;)

soustek
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Baker can beat this time poor Djokovic ! Hope just winning :lol:

coreyschucky
07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Just to let everyone know you can't get updates from the tournament desk only final scores. They don't receive updates. I've asked yesterday and they could only give me the scores of the completed matches. All matches were running late due to the length of the earlier matches.

coreyschucky
07-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Well they were able to give me an update:

Okun-Dupuis are in the 3rd set (No score given)
Kimmich leads Gimelstob 6-1, 5-1

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 09:50 PM
WTF..... Kimmich....... Unfreakinbelievable.....

Stupid Challengers

dijus
07-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Coreyshycky, Mega thanks :) :worship:

oren987
07-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Well they were able to give me an update:

Okun-Dupuis are in the 3rd set (No score given)
Kimmich leads Gimelstob 6-1, 5-1

Come on Noam

AntonyDupuis2005
07-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Come on Anthony

AntonyDupuis2005
07-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Dupuis and Okun are on serve in the 3rd set 3-4

dijus
07-12-2005, 10:07 PM
AnthonyDupuis , who is serving now and who is loosing 3-4 in 3rd set, pls write like Player A * 3-4 , thanks and greets :worship:

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
update on Gimelstob??

please tell me 6-1 5-1 was incorrect

da-do
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
AnthonyDupuis , who is serving now and who is loosing 3-4 in 3rd set, pls write like Player A * 3-4 , thanks and greets :worship:

why I find two losers for bet,starace-ramirez,marrero-czink,and now dupuis-okun,I can not believed :devil: :( :sad:

AntonyDupuis2005
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
I hate to break the bad news but Okun won! Sorry Anthony! I still love you.

dijus
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Damn, u know result of 3rd set ?

AntonyDupuis2005
07-12-2005, 10:23 PM
I think 6-3

rafi78
07-12-2005, 10:23 PM
gimelstob?

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 10:35 PM
anyones wagers been completed?

soustek
Cannot open *pdf document so who will play after match KIMMICH, MARC vs. GIMELSTOB, JUSTIN?

rafi78

Arsi
07-12-2005, 10:37 PM
for Soustek: Tursunov - Levy ;)

coreyschucky
07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Kimmich won 6-1, 6-2
Okun won 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
Tursonov won 1st set (No score)
Reynolds-Cook match also playing but no score given

rafi78
07-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Kimmich won 6-1, 6-2
Okun won 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
Tursonov won 1st set (No score)
Reynolds-Cook match also playing but no score given
thanks

Lebowski
07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
WTF Gimelstob. Ruined my day

soustek
07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
for Soustek: Tursunov - Levy ;)
Thx mate :devil:

soustek
07-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Any new info? :scratch:

coreyschucky
07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Sorry guys can't give any more updates...Going to spend the rest of the evening with my girl.

Tursonov - Levy split the first two sets they are in the 3rd (No score given)
Reynolds - Cook split the first two sets they are in the 3rd (No score given)

soustek
07-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Then...I will go sleep :awww:

marcelwks
07-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Coreyschucky please after spending time with gf and before sleeping call and ask for Weiner result ;)Thanks :)

Toontje19
07-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Did tursunov win please?? :$

Lebowski
07-13-2005, 12:43 AM
LETS GO NIEMEYER!!

Consigliere
07-13-2005, 12:46 AM
GO KIMMICH!! Does he play Murray?

happy928
07-13-2005, 12:51 AM
LETS GO NIEMEYER!!

VAMOS MURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :)

revolution
07-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Gooooooooooo Andy :D

happy928
07-13-2005, 02:49 AM
???????????????

happy928
07-13-2005, 03:06 AM
BAMMMMMMMMMM!

6-2 6-4 ANDy MURRAY WINS!!!!

smucav
07-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Singles Results:

First Round
Amer Delic (USA) d (LL) Phillip King (USA) 76(3) 64 [King replaces Paul Goldstein]
Thiago Alves (BRA) d Nathan Healey (AUS) 63 63
(WC)Rajeev Ram (USA) d (q)Samuel Querrey (USA) 62 46 62
Dudi Sela (ISR) d (7)Gregory Carraz (FRA) 76(1) 67(1) 64
Noam Okun (ISR) d (4)Antony Dupuis (FRA) 63 57 62
Cecil Mamiit (USA) d (LL) Lesley Joseph (USA) 75 64 [Joseph replaces Michael Russell]
(q)Eric Taino (USA) d (WC)Benjamin Lankenau (USA) 62 62
(8)Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) d (q)Huntley Montgomery (USA) 64 61
Bobby Reynolds (USA) d (q)Lester Cook (USA) 36 76(4) 76(6) [Cook replaces Jan-Michael Gambill]
Tomas Cakl (CZE) d Alex Bogomolov (USA) 61 76(4)
(WC)Scoville Jenkins (USA) d (3)Bjorn Phau (GER) 63 64
Harel Levy (ISR) d (5)Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) 26 64 64
Frank Dancevic (CAN) d Matias Boeker (USA) 64 64
(WC)Andrew Murray (GBR) d Frederic Niemeyer (CAN) 62 64
(LL)Marc Kimmich (AUS) d (2)Justin Gimelstob (USA) 61 62

Scotso
07-13-2005, 04:15 AM
Amer :D
Dudi :D
Aled :(
Dmitry :(
Andrew :D
Frederic :(

Fee
07-13-2005, 05:45 AM
For those of you who actually care about tennis (not just the money you lose on it), Justin was playing in pain, serving at about 50 mph (he joked). I asked him afterwards why he didn't retire after the first set, and he said he just couldn't do that. Because the Sela-Carraz, Dupuis-Okun, and Cook-Reynolds matches all went 3 sets, Weiner had to be moved to Wednesday (damn, I won't see him play).

Bogomolov had to pull out of doubles due to some shoulder soreness, so the LL team of Querrery/Jenkins will replace AB and Weiner in the draw. I am tired, I am going to bed.

Nimrodg
07-13-2005, 07:34 AM
Dudi :D
Harel :D
Noam :D
Murray :D

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Consigliere
07-13-2005, 08:20 AM
I like Dudi, he plays alot of tournaments in Australia. I have hopes for him.

Kimmich def. Gimelstob is not that big of a surpirse.

Marc is in the form of his life and at the start of the year was being touted as our next Davis Cup player I remember. A good player!

Aleksa's Laydee
07-13-2005, 09:02 AM
ANDY!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

dijus
07-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Smucav !! :worship:

ferry
07-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I like Dudi, he plays alot of tournaments in Australia. I have hopes for him.

Kimmich def. Gimelstob is not that big of a surpirse.

Marc is in the form of his life and at the start of the year was being touted as our next Davis Cup player I remember. A good player!

You're absolute right Consigliere. Unfortunately he suffered from a wrist injury most recently. Now back stronger than ever (I hope).

Who is Murray? Go Marc Kimmich go........

saras 21
07-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Come on Dudi, Noam and Harel

Nimrodg
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Come on Dudi, Noam and Harel

Welcome Saras21 hehe :wavey:

you can use my avatar ;)

stuey87
07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately he suffered from a wrist injury most recently. Now back stronger than ever (I hope).

Who is Murray? Go Marc Kimmich go........

Yeah I hope Kimmich is gonna come back strong too, and against most of the others in the draw I'd be rooting for him. However I've gotta hope Murray wins and makes it a trio of Brits to have beaten Marc in '05 after Delgado and Hilton.

saras 21
07-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Nimrodg
How can I choose an avatar?

Nimrodg
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Nimrodg
How can I choose an avatar?
USER CP -> Edit avatar

if you got more questions you can ask me here in P.M or in tapuz...

smucav
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Monday report:
Agony and Ecstasy: Plenty of early tests at Comerica Challenger (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2005/July/12/sport/stories/01sport.htm)

Tuesday report:
Comerica Challenger at Seascape: Top seeds all crash (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2005/July/13/sport/stories/01sport.htm)

stuey87
07-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks for those smucav :hatoff:
I'd be grateful if someone could explain the violation talked about toward the end of the second article, about a ball crossing back over the net from Tursunov to Levy or something, that left me a bit confused. :confused:

Fee
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Harel hit the ball with back spin so it came back over the net after it bounced. Tursunov must have reached across the net to put his racquet on it and try to stay in the point, but you're not allowed to do that.

stuey87
07-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Ah I see, thanks. I imagined it was something like that but must've got the rule wrong. I thought that was the only occasion you could reach over the net as I seem to remember Rusedski doing something similar in a davis cup tie against Sweden years ago.

Masto22
07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Is true that Aptos has less than 1000 of population ?

stuey87
07-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi Masto

Aptos, California
The city of Aptos is located in Santa Cruz County, California. It has a population of 9,061 residents and covers over 20 square kilometers of land.

Thats what I can find about Aptos. :wavey:

Masto22
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi Masto

Aptos, California
The city of Aptos is located in Santa Cruz County, California. It has a population of 9,061 residents and covers over 20 square kilometers of land.

Thats what I can find about Aptos. :wavey:

Thank you Stuey!

shirgan
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Monday report:
Agony and Ecstasy: Plenty of early tests at Comerica Challenger (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2005/July/12/sport/stories/01sport.htm)

Tuesday report:
Comerica Challenger at Seascape: Top seeds all crash (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2005/July/13/sport/stories/01sport.htm)
thanks smucav :yeah:

delpiero
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Any scores from Aptos?????

Fee
07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Aptos was a really nice place. I would recommend this Challenger to anyone (the admission is a bit steep at $14..). You can see the ocean from the entrance to the club and its a really neat little community. But you have to have a car to go there, no buses or anything. The players hang around all day, and if you want you can talk to them fairly easily. There's this small hill behind the main stadium that people stand on to watch matches and people walk there all the time. I did more socializing than match-watching sometimes. But I had fun and I will definitely consider going again next year.

TOP100
07-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Did Glenn win or lose.?

smucav
07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Ah I see, thanks. I imagined it was something like that but must've got the rule wrong. I thought that was the only occasion you could reach over the net as I seem to remember Rusedski doing something similar in a davis cup tie against Sweden years ago.Levy hit the ball with so much backspin that it bounced on Tursunov's side, then crossed back over to Levy's side. If Tursunov had not attempted a return, this point would have been replayed, but by reaching over his side of the net (invasion of opponent's court) he automatically lost the point.

It doesn't sound like either player was complaining, but it reminded me of an incident during an ATP match in the last year (for the life of me I can't remember which one) where a similar incident happened & the point was replayed. This sparked a discussion among the commentators about instant replay & some of the proposed rules for using it. They agreed that in this instance, the umpire should be able to call for a replay rather then one of the players losing a challenge.

Fro_Lech
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
anything about scores G.Lapentti-Weiner and Cakl-Jenkins ? :)

dijus
07-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Any scores ??

Masto22
07-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Aptos was a really nice place. I would recommend this Challenger to anyone (the admission is a bit steep at $14..). You can see the ocean from the entrance to the club and its a really neat little community. But you have to have a car to go there, no buses or anything. The players hang around all day, and if you want you can talk to them fairly easily. There's this small hill behind the main stadium that people stand on to watch matches and people walk there all the time. I did more socializing than match-watching sometimes. But I had fun and I will definitely consider going again next year.

Thank you Fee!!! You make me feel that we are there :)

krazydad69
07-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Some scores

Jenkins 3-6 6-2 6-3

Weiner 6-4 6-2

Dlouhy 2-1 early on

Willy
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Some scores

Jenkins 3-6 6-2 6-3

Weiner 6-4 6-2

Dlouhy 2-1 early on

you called or?

dijus
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Dlouhy 2-1 in sets or in games ?? :worship: anyway

Fro_Lech
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks krazydad69 ! :)

krazydad69
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
I called for scores.

Dlouhy was 2-1 first set

krazydad69
07-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Reynolds 6-4 4*-1

dijus
07-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks foru updating scores :worship:

TOP100
07-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes Glenn,that's better,what a great win.

Fee
07-13-2005, 10:18 PM
That is a good win. I finally took a picture with him yesterday, right before I left. Maybe it gave him some luck. :D

Yay for Scoville!

krazydad69
07-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Reynolds 6-4 6-4

krazydad69
07-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Sela 3-1 first set

shirgan
07-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Sela 3-1 first set
thanks krazydad69 :)

Go Dudi :yeah:

krazydad69
07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Sela 6-2 4-4

krazydad69
07-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Ram (2-6) (7-5) (2*-1)

Nimrodg
07-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Sela final score? :\

krazydad69
07-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Ram (2-6) (7-5) (6-4)

Delic (6-3) (3-4)

Nimrodg
07-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Dudi :sad:

Scotso
07-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Dudi :crying2:

krazydad69
07-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Delic 6-3 3-6 6-3

smucav
07-14-2005, 03:26 AM
Singles

First Round:
Glenn Weiner (USA) d (6)Giovanni Lapentti (ECU) 62 64

Second Round:
Amer Delic (USA) d Thiago Alves (BRA) 63 36 63
(WC)Rajeev Ram (USA) d Dudi Sela (ISR) 26 75 64
Noam Okun (ISR) vs. Cecil Mamiit (USA)
(q)Eric Taino (USA) vs. Glenn Weiner (USA)
Bobby Reynolds (USA) d (8)Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) 64 64
(WC)Scoville Jenkins (USA) d Tomas Cakl (CZE) 36 62 63
Harel Levy (ISR) vs. Frank Dancevic (CAN)
(WC)Andrew Murray (GBR) vs. (LL)Marc Kimmich (AUS)

Doubles

First Round
(1)Jeff Coetzee/Jordan Kerr (RSA/AUS) vs Amer Delic/Huntley Montgomery (USA)
Nathan Healey/Eric Taino (AUS/USA) d Goran Dragicevic/Mirko Pehar (USA) 63 62
Bjorn Phau/Lukas Dlouhy (GER/CZE) d. (4)Gregory Carraz/Antony Dupuis (FRA) 7-6(4) 6-4
Frank Dancevic/Frederic Niemeyer (CAN) d (LL) JENKINS, Scoville/QUERREY, Sam (USA) 63 36 75 [Jenkins/Querrey replace Alex Bogomolov/Glenn Weiner (USA)]
(q)Nick Rainey/Brian Wilson (USA) d (WC)Vahe Assadourian/Dmitry Tursunov (USA/RUS) 46 62 62
(3)Rajeev Ram/Bobby Reynolds (USA) vs Harel Levy/Noam Okun (ISR)
(WC)Matias Boeker/John Isner (USA) d. (WC)Scott Oudsema/Phillip Simmonds (USA) 6-4 7-6(11)
(2)Chris Haggard/Tripp Phillips (RSA/USA) d Brandon Coupe/Cecil Mamiit 63 63(USA)

shirgan
07-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Dudi :bigcry: you started so well... what happened?

Consigliere
07-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Kimmich v Murray is a top matchup. When is it on? soon?

TOP100
07-14-2005, 05:43 AM
That is a good win. I finally took a picture with him yesterday, right before I left. Maybe it gave him some luck. :D

Yay for Scoville!

Hey Fee,how you doing.?

That's cool,if you get some nice pics please let me know,if you're willing to share them I'd love to have them.

Later

Fee
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Never saw him play, so no pics this time, it was all just socializing. He's coming to the Sacto Challenger in October (more than likely) and that is very near to me, so I'll get photos there.

dijus
07-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Any Schedule for today maybe ?

shirgan
07-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Any Schedule for today maybe ?
order of play here:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/467/op.pdf

shirgan
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Order of Play for Thursday:

Center Court
Matches Start At 10:00 AM
TAINO, Eric (USA) vs WEINER, Glenn (USA)
LEVY, Harel (ISR) vs DANCEVIC, Frank (CAN)
OKUN, Noam (ISR) vs MAMIIT, Cecil (USA)
Not before 3:30 PM
COETZEE, Jeff (RSA) / KERR, Jordan (AUS) vs DELIC, Amer (USA) / MONTGOMERY, Huntley (USA)
Not before 5:30 PM
MURRAY, Andrew (GBR) vs KIMMICH, Marc (AUS)

Court 5
Matches Start At 12:30 PM
BOEKER, Matias (USA) / ISNER, John (USA) vs HAGGARD, Chris (RSA) / PHILLIPS, Tripp (USA)
DLOUHY, Lukas (CZE) / PHAU, Bjorn (GER) vs DANCEVIC, Frank (CAN) / NIEMEYER, Frederic (CAN)
Not before 4:00 PM
LEVY, Harel (ISR) / OKUN, Noam (ISR) vs RAM, Rajeev (USA) / REYNOLDS, Bobby (USA)

Aleksa's Laydee
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Lets go Andy!!!

stuey87
07-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Yay Delic won! My dream Murray-Delic final is still on :D
Good luck Andy. :worship:

smucav
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Wednesday report:
Comerica Challenge tennis: No seeds remain at Seascape (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2005/July/14/sport/stories/03sport.htm)

Experimentee
07-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Kimmich finally had a good win! Pretty long time in coming though. Now plz beat Murray! :fiery:

TOP100
07-14-2005, 05:48 PM
What time do things get going.?

Fee
07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Things got going about 50 minutes ago.

TOP100
07-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Somebody break the news to me,who won....Weiner or Taino.?

delpiero
07-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Somebody break the news to me,who won....Weiner or Taino.?
G.Weiner def E.Taino 6:2 7:6

TOP100
07-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Excellent news,thanks delpiero.

delpiero
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Excellent news,thanks delpiero.
You welcome!! :wavey:

soustek
07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Dancevic???

delpiero
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
F.Dancevic - H.Levy 4:6 6:4........thay play third set

soustek
07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
F.Dancevic - H.Levy 4:6 6:4........thay play third set
HUUUH pulllll Dancevicc

FLL
07-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Come on Frank :yeah:

shirgan
07-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Come on Harel!!!

Tennis_Mad
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
What time (GMT) will Murray's game roughly start?

Its 22:15 at the moment here (England)

Thanks for any help.

:D

claude
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Come on FRANK!!!!

delpiero
07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
H.Levy def F.Dancevic 6:4 4:6 6:2

shirgan
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
What time (GMT) will Murray's game roughly start?

Its 22:15 at the moment here (England)

Thanks for any help.

:D
Murray's match is supposed to be not before 01:30 UK time

shirgan
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
H.Levy def F.Dancevic 6:4 4:6 6:2
:woohoo: :)

shirgan
07-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the scores delpiero :yeah:

kurson
07-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Enyone can find score from Okun-Mamiit?? thanks

FLL
07-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Frank is so playing like shit this year...

Dumbo
07-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Can somebody tell me the result A.Murray - Kimmich M.??

Tnx guys

Fee
07-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Murray-Kimmich hasn't even started yet.

(they were scheduled to take the court just as I made this post)

Dumbo
07-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Murray-Kimmich hasn't even started yet.

(they were scheduled to take the court just as I made this post)

tnx Fee if it's not a problem for you, could you please post the result sometimes during a play?

Dumbo
07-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Any news on Murray? Anybody please?

happy928
07-15-2005, 03:40 AM
andy murray won 7-5 6-4 :)