10tele.com Open - FRIDAY report. Dent is slayed; the Beast gobbles up little Ollie! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

10tele.com Open - FRIDAY report. Dent is slayed; the Beast gobbles up little Ollie!

Horatio Caine
06-18-2005, 12:54 AM
The matches.

Gasquet v Dent. I thought that if Dent served well, he could win. :tape: He didn’t, so he didn’t! :lol: He got rattled by some poor calls (again...poor calls) and took a leaf out of Tojo’s book – “You (umpire) are a f*cking joke…do you know how to do your jaaaab?” “Puff of chalk = ball in.” "Oh ho ho...ball was long!" He also went over to a line and dropped a ball on it to prove his point! :lol: He was given a warning for verbal abuse and should have had another to be honest. He also smashed a ball out of court. :scared: Gasquet hit some wonderful passing shots but Dent was not that close to his best form. Mirnyi will be a severe test for Gasquet tomorrow. The on-court announcer said that is was Richard’s birthday tomorrow. This prompted an “Awwwwwwwwwwwww.” LOL!! :o

Mirnyi v Rochus. I had a gut feeling Mirnyi would win because his game has been perfect this week and he is too powerful and accurate for many players, Rochus being a prime candidate. :scared: Rochus just couldn’t live the accuracy of the Mirnyi serve and was under pressure to hold his own…he cracked in the final games of both sets. There was breath-taking shot-making from both men but Mirnyi’s greater weight of shot often stood him to a better advantage and Rochus only had one chance to break, saved with a Mirnyi ace! :yeah: Max is looking good for his first grass title IMO!

Aspelin / Perry v Oliver / Palmer.

The first doubles match I was to see this week. A really good match but Aspelin and Perry were too good. They should have won in straight but they lost the second set on a tiebreak after leading by a break. They re-established authority late in the 3rd and closed out without drama. There were some terrific net reflexes and rallies from both teams. :woohoo:

Ram / Erlich v Beck / Levinsky.

Can’t say I was THAT impressed by the Israeli pair. They didn’t need to play well to win the first set – their opponents didn’t really turn up. :tape: They struggled throughout the 2nd set and at the start of the 3rd. However, they managed to secure the vital match-winning break and threatened another one, but their play was too inconsistent to merit complete dominance. They will struggle to win the title tomorrow playing like that. :rolleyes:

Player moments

Gasquet’s choice of attire amuses me somewhat. :tape: He turned up to a match the other day wearing odd socks (1 plain white, the other white with patterns) and today he wore white shorts with blue briefs! (I didn’t stare at his ass much!) His mum needs to dress him still I think! :haha:

Dent’s serves continued to miss the mark in practise against Ollie Rochus. :rolleyes: He tried to serve some slow second serves but missed 4 in a row and had to apologise every time. Poor old Ollie was shocked when a serve landed in a few minutes later! :lol:

Still on Dent…clever little Taylor got mixed up as to which seat at the changeovers was his. It wasn’t until Gasquet was almost on top of him that he realised he had sat on the wrong side! :haha: :haha: A quick “Sorry” rectified the situation.

Ollie missed an open put-away opportunity against Mirnyi late in the first set and was so aggrieved that he threw his racquet down on the grass, bent over and put his hands over his face and pretended to cry. He then stuck his bottom lip out and put on a baby-crying face...funny! One lady in the crowd cried out, in a cooing voice, "Come to Momma!" :haha:

You've gotta admit, poor little Ollie looks like Mini-Me from the Austin Powers films when he plays these guys standing at 6'4 and above...it is quite endearing!

Guys - I have had a wicked time at the NOttingham Open and I hope you have appreciated my write-ups...they took me ages! :lol: I will be attending the final and I will endeavour to provide the write-up on Sunday. I am heading home tomorrow too for the summer holidays so I will not be with you much over the next 3 months. When I come back to uni in mid-September I shall be back often so, until then, take care and enjoy life! :bigwave: :hug:

cobalt60
06-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks very much for taking the time to do this! I so want Andy and Yoni to win the doubles title!!! Let's hope that the good ones show up! But I have a sinking feeling that Aselin and Perry will be to consistent.

Vass
06-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Gasquet’s choice of attire amuses me somewhat. :tape: He turned up to a match the other day wearing odd socks (1 plain white, the other white with patterns) and today he wore white shorts with blue briefs! (I didn’t stare at his ass much!) His mum needs to dress him still I think! :haha:

lol
Or still does. ;)

THANKS FOR A GREAT REPORT

Even
06-18-2005, 03:01 AM
The matches.

Maybe it was a strategic choice to wear odd socks as he wanted to put his opponent off his game. Its hard to serve when you're laughing your arse off.

Anyways Nice analysis. :worship: :worship:

bad gambler
06-18-2005, 03:04 AM
have a good one jez, and cheers for the write ups

Scotso
06-18-2005, 03:16 AM
thanks for the reports :D

DanEd
06-18-2005, 03:20 AM
congrats richard :),congrats max :). I hope max can win his second title, he has an awesome s&v game.

Yoel and co.
06-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Jez :bowdown:

Your reports were really great. Thanks for taking the time to write them down :)

Hope Andyoni do well today and in Wimby

Kat!
06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
love the player moments part of the report I have to say! Obviously Richie needs lessons in co-ordination and that scene with Olli pretending to be a baby is hilarious!!! :yeah: