Pat Cash critical of Wimbledon seedings (roddick vs. hewitt seeding) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pat Cash critical of Wimbledon seedings (roddick vs. hewitt seeding)

croat123
06-17-2005, 07:23 PM
i haven't seen it in english, but sportnet.hr quotes him as saying:

"This is like a slap in the face. I think that it is completely unfair took make the list of seeds that way. Lleyton has already won Wimbledon, this year he has played in the finals of the Australian Open. All season long, players try to win as many points as possible to be in a better position to win a grand slam and then someone throws all of their work into the water"

original text

»Ovo je poput šamara. Mislim da je apsolutno nepošteno tako slagati listu nositelja. Lleyton je već osvojio Wimbledon, ove godine je igrao finale Australian Opena. Igrači cijelu sezonu pokušavaju osvojiti što više bodova kako bi bili u boljoj poziciji za osvojiti Grand Slam i onda netko tamo im sve to baci u vodu», vrlo oštar bio je Cash.

Socket
06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Pat Cash speaks Croatian? :confused:

croat123
06-17-2005, 07:34 PM
nope, it's a translation. i translated the translation back to english cause i couldn't find this anywhere else yet

Socket
06-17-2005, 07:37 PM
nope, it's a translation. i translated the translation back to english cause i couldn't find this anywhere else yet
I know, I'm just being silly because I'm bored and waiting for the weekend to begin. :hug:

croat123
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
lol. if you ask me, hewitt should be thanks them for the third seed cause i'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to face karlovic on grass ever again

NYCtennisfan
06-17-2005, 07:44 PM
lol. if you ask me, hewitt should be thanks them for the third seed cause i'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to face karlovic on grass ever again

Probably, though I think Roddick's route to the final is easier than LH's. Hewitt will have to probably beat Federer and Roddick to win the title and I just don't see it happening.

Socket
06-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Peter Bodo talks about the Karlovic irony in his blog. I posted in another thread.

SwissMister1
06-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I see his point, but it's Pat Cash. No one cares what he thinks.

oneandonlyhsn
06-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Pat Cash should shut his hole, most people think he is an idiot anyway

Socket
06-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Pat Cash is the proverbial stopped clock, he's right twice a day. However, this was one of those times. ;)

I just love the way he's sucking up to the Aussie tennis establishment now, after playing at Mr. Renegade for so many years. I'll bet he's looking for another partner for his tennis academy now that his old partner (Gavin Hopper) is in the Michael Jackson wing of the local prison.

Chloe le Bopper
06-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Actually, he's wrong. Or at least he was last year and the year before that when he failed to use the same logic:

All season long, players try to win as many points as possible to be in a better position to win a grand slam and then someone throws all of their work into the water

in response to Hewitt benefitting from the system and being seeded ahead of his ranking.

GermanBoy
06-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Pat Cash speaks Croatian? :confused:

:haha: :yeah:

Deboogle!.
06-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Actually, he's wrong. Or at least he was last year and the year before that when he failed to use the same logic:You just discussed Pat Cash and logic in the same sentence, Rebecca. :)

uNIVERSE mAN
06-18-2005, 02:43 AM
i haven't seen it in english, but sportnet.hr quotes him as saying:

"This is like a slap in the face. I think that it is completely unfair took make the list of seeds that way. Lleyton has already won Wimbledon, this year he has played in the finals of the Australian Open. All season long, players try to win as many points as possible to be in a better position to win a grand slam and then someone throws all of their work into the water"

original text

»Ovo je poput šamara. Mislim da je apsolutno nepošteno tako slagati listu nositelja. Lleyton je već osvojio Wimbledon, ove godine je igrao finale Australian Opena. Igrači cijelu sezonu pokušavaju osvojiti što više bodova kako bi bili u boljoj poziciji za osvojiti Grand Slam i onda netko tamo im sve to baci u vodu», vrlo oštar bio je Cash.

What's pat cash got to do with anything? Is he associated with Hewitt? Is he a Davis Cup captain? I don't get why he's all worked up over it, it's nothing to do with him.

Chloe le Bopper
06-18-2005, 02:43 AM
What's pat cash got to do with anything? Is he associated with Hewitt? Is he a Davis Cup captain? I don't get why he's all worked up over it, it's nothing to do with him.
It's press to him.

uNIVERSE mAN
06-18-2005, 02:45 AM
wow, that's a fast response, I barely pressed enter lol