Kudos for Seppi and Clement [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kudos for Seppi and Clement

Yoel and co.
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
They were ranked #1 and #2 (respectively) in the qualifying and arrived today for the final round knowing that even if they lose, they will be getting in as Lucky Losers.

I was sure Seppi will tank the match (as Hanescu did last year). However, although he lost the first two sets, he went on to win the next three.

Clement also won his match and qualified for his ninth Wimbledon !

Well done to both of them for good sportsmanship :worship:

Deboogle!.
06-16-2005, 11:11 PM
:yeah:

Jim Jones
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
well looks like Gimelstob tanked. He played 1 game an forfeited the match.

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Arnaud :bigclap:

Fee
06-17-2005, 01:59 AM
I agree with your post Yoel (but I have to wonder about Bracciali) and was very impressed to see Seppi come back from 2 sets down. I hope that Goldstein is able to come out firing tomorrow and win his match so that JMG will get the second LL spot (somebody is bound to pull out by Sunday). I'm glad that Okun got in, because I kind of like him, but I really hope that JMG can get better and play next week if he gets in too.

well looks like Gimelstob tanked. He played 1 game an forfeited the match.

Well, looks can be deceiving. Gimelstob had already been treated for back spasms during a previous match this week, and since he was one of the first players on court, he had no way of knowing if that spot could be his. If the LL spots are based on Monday's rankings and not Sunday's (as some have stated elsewhere), then Justin knew he had fallen below JMG in the order because he lost 23 places this week. That's a roll of the dice that I don't think Justin would take (and he's been fighting this back injury for a few weeks now).

Yoel and co.
06-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I agree with your post Yoel (but I have to wonder about Bracciali) and was very impressed to see Seppi come back from 2 sets down. I hope that Goldstein is able to come out firing tomorrow and win his match so that JMG will get the second LL spot (somebody is bound to pull out by Sunday). I'm glad that Okun got in, because I kind of like him, but I really hope that JMG can get better and play next week if he gets in too.

No idea what happened to Bracciali. I understand he led 4-1 in the TB of the fourth set (leading 2-1 in the sets). Maybe he got injured druing the TB, as he retired almost immediately after that. He won't be getting a LL so really bad for him, after beating Karlovic and Rusedski on grass a couple of weeks ago.

Noam :D :D

Yoel and co.
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I understand Bracciali is in as a LL...so :tape:

Björki
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
well done Arnaud :yeah:
Hope he won't play Björkman.

Yoel and co.
06-17-2005, 12:26 PM
I hope that Goldstein is able to come out firing tomorrow and win his match so that JMG will get the second LL spot (somebody is bound to pull out by Sunday).

Delgado leads Goldstein 5-1 in the fifth set, so I guess we got our answer there :rolleyes:

Yoel and co.
06-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Delgado wins 6-2

Goldstein will go in as LL

roisin
06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
:yeah: fair play lads

GermanBoy
06-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Clement also won his match and qualified for his ninth Wimbledon !

He defeated poor Amer Delic... :ras: