Since when is Henman's draw easy???!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Since when is Henman's draw easy???!!!

Horatio Caine
06-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Okay, I admit that some years his draw has seemed rigged, but his draw this year seems the toughest in years: -

R1 - Nieminen (The Finn is dangerous but Tim should win in 4 sets IMO)
R2 - Tursunov (he shouldn't have anything special to hurt Tim with)
R3 - Arthurs (very dangerous - chance of losing here)
R4 - Grosjean (very likely to lose here)
QF - Roddick (more than likely to lose!!!)
SF - Hewitt (should he turn up???)
F - Federer (the winner's name is already inscribed on the trophy!!)

I think there is a distinct possibility he won't make the 2nd week :scared:

Sjengster
06-16-2005, 08:46 PM
No draw is easy where Henman's concerned, so people shouldn't complain about it. If Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo can almost take two sets off you on grass, anyone in the main draw has the beating of you. That's why Becker's argument that "Tim is one of the favourites for Wimbledon because he's one of the few players who knows how to play on grass" is so hollow, since the vast majority of his opponents can play him close on this surface.

Corey Feldman
he could lose in r3.... to Popp
popp every year plays crap everywhere but great at Wimbledon.
but like you, id say its likely tim will lose in the 4th ... but at least he'll keep that streak of always reaching the 2nd week (at round 4) every year since 1996 :)

Skyward
LOL. He can't meet Hewitt in the semis

Denaon
06-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Tim=Final I said!!!!!!!

http://www.zboneman.com/movies/images/sixth-sense.jpg

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Horatio Caine
06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
All I can say is, if he meets all those opponents and still gets to the SF or beyond, he has earnt it. In 2002 he met relatively easy opponents through to the SF - here he has little chance of having it that easy.

Corey Feldman
06-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Tim=Final I said!!!!!!!

http://www.zboneman.com/movies/images/sixth-sense.jpg

:scared: :scared: :scared:
you need another good **** ;)

Cervantes
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
He's not in Federer's or Hewitt's section, so that's good for him. He should be able to make it to the second week (Arthurs or Popp in 3rd round isn't easy, but with the croud behind him he'll handle it). 4th round Grosjean is 50-50 imo, then Roddick (remember he's 3-2 up in head-to-head) and then a loser in the semis. Sounds pretty decent as far as I'm concerned. Could be better, could be worse, but at least he doesn't have to play Hewitt to win the title.

allanah
06-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree with Jez in saying that there's no guarantee he'll even make the second week. I really hope he does manage it tho. Good luck Timbo! :) :yeah:
( :secret: until the quarters )

mitalidas
06-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Sounds pretty decent as far as I'm concerned. Could be better, could be worse, but at least he doesn't have to play Hewitt to win the title.
he might have to, no? hewitt could get to the final (which i think is about as likely as tim getting to it)

Cervantes
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
he might have to, no? hewitt could get to the final (which i think is about as likely as tim getting to it)

Obviously, as a Federer-fan, that was my statement.

PamV
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=jez]Okay, I admit that some years his draw has seemed rigged, but his draw this year seems the toughest in years: -

[QUOTE]

I don't think anyone did say that Henman's draw was easy did they? I think his section is tougher than Roddick's for making it to the QF. I think Henman would likely lose to Roddick in the QF also.

Horatio Caine
06-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd be happy with Henman losing QF this year! :lol:

Scotso
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Hopefully Jarkko will beat him.

PamV
06-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Okay, I admit that some years his draw has seemed rigged, but his draw this year seems the toughest in years: -

R1 - Nieminen (The Finn is dangerous but Tim should win in 4 sets IMO)
R2 - Tursunov (he shouldn't have anything special to hurt Tim with)
R3 - Arthurs (very dangerous - chance of losing here)
R4 - Grosjean (very likely to lose here)
QF - Roddick (more than likely to lose!!!)
SF - Hewitt (should he turn up???)
F - Federer (the winner's name is already inscribed on the trophy!!)

I think there is a distinct possibility he won't make the 2nd week :scared:

Henman couldn't face Hewitt in the SF because Hewitt is not in his half of the draw. If Henman beats Roddick in the QF then he'd be facing someone from Nadal's quarter (T.Johansson, Stepanek, Gasquet, Nadal etc)

crouching
06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I think Henman has more chance against Roddick than against Grosjean.

If someone could very kindly beat Grosjean early on behalf of Henman (chances are maybe Llodra or Carlsen could catch him cold in the first two rounds), he'll have a good shot against Roddick.

Karlovic might even take out Roddick in the 2nd round and then fall to someone like Ljubicic or Malisse subsequently.

If Henman does get to the semis, he'll have to deal with probably one of Canas/T. Johansson/Nalbandian/Stepanek/Gasquet/Nadal at that stage. That won't be too easy.

jenny161185
06-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Henman wont get past grosjean either way - I hate it when on the first day of coverage its all - so can Tim finally win it? NO and he NEVER will!

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Good Luck Tim!! i wouldn't mind grosjean beating him, but either is fine by me, i like both and would root for either against roddick. :)

surfpinky
06-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Henman wont get past grosjean either way - I hate it when on the first day of coverage its all - so can Tim finally win it? NO and he NEVER will!
Poor Timmay..
I think he has a good chance to get through Grosjean...