Hewitt better get his ass in gear [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hewitt better get his ass in gear

Bilbo
06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't want to see another boring Federer-Roddick final where Roger kicks his ass. Roddick is even worse than last year.

Fumus
06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't want to see another boring Federer-Roddick final where Roger kicks his ass. Roddick is even worse than last year.

You're dumb. :)

mangoes
06-16-2005, 02:15 PM

So you would rather see a Hewitt/Roddick final???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lady
06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Yep, because the last Federer-Hewitt finals were sooooooooo exiting! :tape:

Auscon
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM

theyre on the same side of the draw...can't happen

Fumus
06-16-2005, 02:38 PM
theyre on the same side of the draw...can't happen

Yessir, personally I thought the Roddick-Federer final was much more exciting than that Hewitt-Federer final :)

Kristen
06-16-2005, 02:41 PM
:lol: I was going to refer to that! Waking up that morning, I was so happy ^_^ I love Roger. Really, I do...but already, all this talk about him is pissing me off :shrug:

Auscon
06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Yessir, personally I thought the Roddick-Federer final was much more exciting than that Hewitt-Federer final :)

yep, the Wimby final last year was very good imo

mangoes
06-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Totally Agree. I gained a lot of respect for Federer from that match. Andy brought his best game, and Roger............well what can I say other than it was beautiful.

Fumus
06-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Yea so a repeat of that wouldn't be a bad thing. Hewitt was lucky to win Wimbly when he did. He's not a top grass player right now. There is about 4 or 5 other guys who have a better shot at this then he does.

Action Jackson
06-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Yea so a repeat of that wouldn't be a bad thing. Hewitt was lucky to win Wimbly when he did. He's not a top grass player right now. There is about 4 or 5 other guys who have a better shot at this then he does.

Well these 2 Slams coming up are the best chance for your guy to win a Slam, as for whether I'll watch it, well I have to listen to the results of the Båstad and Gstaad qualies.

Fumus
06-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Well these 2 Slams coming up are the best chance for your guy to win a Slam, as for whether I'll watch it, well I have to listen to the results of the Båstad and Gstaad qualies.

I agree Mister GWH. ;)

tangerine_dream
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
LOL. No kidding. That Wimby final last year was LAME-O and didn't have nearly as much tension as the USO final where Roger double bageled Lleyton and was never in any danger of losing a set.

Action Jackson
06-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I agree Mister GWH. ;)

Seriously, if he doesn't win one this year, then some serious questions really need to be asked. I mean it's funny, the guy looks like a jabroni in Paris, then get him on the green stuff and the Duck is back into it.

As for Hewitt, it's hard to write him off, but as for him winning it, well it's not something that I'd bet money on.

Fumus
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Seriously, if he doesn't win one this year, then some serious questions really need to be asked. I mean it's funny, the guy looks like a jabroni in Paris, then get him on the green stuff and the Duck is back into it.

As for Hewitt, it's hard to write him off, but as for him winning it, well it's not something that I'd bet money on.

jabroni, eh?

If you put him on ice is he a zamboni :o

Yes yes, but it's a confidence thing for Andy more than anything.

Action Jackson
06-16-2005, 03:08 PM
jabroni, eh?

If you put him on ice is he a zamboni :o

Yes yes, but it's a confidence thing for Andy more than anything.

He'd probably play better on ice, but the guy is a threat at Wimbledon in a big way and if he stays away from Sue Barker then better for him.

NYCtennisfan
06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Fed-Roddick was a great final last year. There was some amazing hitting going (including Roddick with his BH) on and there weren't that many aces/service winners overall. I wouldn't mind round 3.

NATAS81
06-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Wouldn't mind round 3 for Hewitt?

I think Hewitt is all speed right now.

Even that is limited in his unfortunate accident.

Just look closely at how he copes with such ideals.

He doesn't have the forehand, backhand weapons to compete given the daunting circumstances.

NYCtennisfan
06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
LH/Roddick wouldn't be bad either but I don't see LH beating Federer or Roddick really. I think Fed/Roddick provides the best matchup.

heya
06-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Come on, Gilbert. You need to coach Hewitt. :inlove:

alexa18
06-17-2005, 04:19 AM
LH/Roddick wouldn't be bad either but I don't see LH beating Federer or Roddick really. I think Fed/Roddick provides the best matchup.
I'd rather safin/fed final, but i don't see that happening. Safin and wimby... :o :rolleyes: