Kiwi's Wimbledon 2005 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kiwi's Wimbledon 2005

Neely
06-16-2005, 09:57 AM
:fiery: I listened to the radio but unfortunately they tuned in a bit too late and Kiwi's match was already drown... I hope I understood it wrong on the radio, but I think that the commenators said that Kiwi is one of the seeds in Federer's. If right, hopefully Kiwi is as far away as possible from Federer :fiery:

Neely
06-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Kiwi's sixteenth of the Wimbledon draw:

Roger Federer SUI (1)
v.
Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA

Ivo Minar CZE
v.
Michal Tabara CZE

---------------

Joshua Goodall GBR
v.
Alessio Di Mauro ITA

Julien Benneteau FRA
v.
Nicolas Kiefer GER (25)

lets look further when Federer lost or if Kiwi beats Federer :angel:

Too bad he's going to face Federer so early in the third round :( but first he would have to win a few matches. I have the feeling Benneteau isn't too crappy on grass either because he has taken two sets off Ancic last year in the 2nd round, but there could be much more worse opponents I hope Kiwi can win that match...

kek
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
It could be worse but he has to win 2 matches before he meets Roger. I would like to see that match happen. First of all, it will be on tv most likely. Secondly, it will really gauge how well Nicolas is playing. If he can have a competitive match with Federer then it will show he is playing well.

Also, I think Nicolas plays better when he plays a better opponet. Unlike what happen last week losing to Okum, which was pretty pathetic on grass in Germany.

Anyway, we got to take one match at a time and he can beat Julien if Nicolas shows up and play.

Neely
06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
I think so, too.
BTW, Zimonjic was it who has beaten Kiwi in Halle

kek
06-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I think so, too.
BTW, Zimonjic was it who has beaten Kiwi in Halle

You're right. You see, I'm already triying to forget that pathetic match and couldn't even think of the person he lost to :p

kfh_9118
06-16-2005, 02:49 PM
not good draw :sad:

Please please Kiwi, win the first 2 rounds and then I could see your match vs Roger on TV :angel:

JMG
06-16-2005, 05:28 PM
The 2nd round would be very easy. They should make that the no.1-4 plays the no.29-32 in the third round. :(

zethand
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
i want to see him against Federer.. Kiwi has a good tennis, he can be a nightmare for Federer... GO KIWI!

knight_ley
06-18-2005, 02:28 PM
not good draw :sad:

Please please Kiwi, win the first 2 rounds and then I could see your match vs Roger on TV :angel:

Seriously :lol: And ESPN2 better not pull what they did during Indian Wells. The only Federer match they didn't show us for the last like 2 years, was him vs. Kiwi at IW. :mad:

Neely
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Benneteau vs Kiefer first match on court 14 tomorrow, starting at 12:00, which means 13:00 CET.

Probably no TV coverage at all because DSF is starting its broadcast at 15:00 CET only and I'm not sure whether Court 14 is covered by cameras either, although it's next to the Broadcasting Center. :shrug:

knight_ley
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
good luck kiwi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwifan80
06-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Good Luck Kiwi!!!!!!!

bavaria100
06-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Good luck Kiwi !

Neely
06-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Damn, Kiwi currently playing not well at all.... :scared:
I hope that old memories don't come up again from last year.... :rolleyes:
Please win it in four sets now!

Neely
06-20-2005, 02:25 PM
OMG.... down a break now in the fourth set.... déjà-vu from last year after leading 2-0 sets?! please not! :scared:

immediate rebreak now... 4-3* Benneteau....

and another break for Benneteau... serving for the set now :banghead:

Benneteau 6-3 in the fourth set.... OMG, Kiwi.... :sobbing:

please win this fifth set!!!!!!

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Fight please Kiwi :fiery: :mad: :sad:

Seems that he will lose the fourth set.
Please fight in the fifth :fiery:

He should have won it in 3 sets. Why does Kiwi always doing this to us? :mad:

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
He lost fourth set 3-6 :sad:

Please win the final set, Kiwi, you know you can do it :fiery:

Neely
06-20-2005, 02:53 PM
break down in the fifth set and Benneteau already had break point to go up a double break

*2-1 Benneteau.... :help: a rebreak would be needed now!

Neely
06-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Kiwi looks uninspired, calm and without fire now.... :sobbing:

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I am so disappointed with Kiwi's result in grass this year :sad: First Zimonjic, now Benneteau :mad:

Hope he can prove me wrong and fight back :fiery:

C'mon Kiwi, you're better than that :mad:

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Kiwi broke back 4-4 in the final set now :scared:

Please hold serve now, Kiwi

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Kiwi hold *phew* saved 1 BP there :D 5-4

Hope he can break serve and close the match. Keep fighting Nicolas :fiery: I really hope he gets his confidence back by now and really on fire.

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Benneteau called the trainer, he seems to feel the match time in his legs (maybe)
saved a break point with an ace....
5-4* Kiefer now

please break for the match now....

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Kiwi must have a bit off on his serves. Only 14 aces for 5 sets. I am expecting more from his big serves :o

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Benneteau called the trainer, he seems to feel the match time in his legs (maybe)
saved a break point with an ace....
5-4* Kiefer now

please break for the match now....

Neely, you're so lucky to be able to see the match.
Is Kiwi playing poorly throughout the entire match?

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Mp Kiwi, please take it

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Yesssss, Kiwi won 6-3 7-6 5-7 3-6 6-4 :woohoo: :bounce:

He should have won in straight set though :rolleyes:
Hope his second round match will be easier than this :angel:

Thanks for fighting Kiwi :worship:
Good luck next round

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, he did it!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Holy shit, what a big fist pump of relief that he could overcome the court 14, first round Wimbledon jinx...!!! :banana: :banana:

When Benneteau was serving, Kiwi got a lucky close decision (which could have called the other way around as well if the line judge sees it just a bit differently) at 15-15 to make it 15-30... then Kiwi had a bad volley at 30-30 which was too short into mid-court, Benneteau easily reached it, but his passing shot was just a bit too flat and it got denied by the net cord... MP Kiwi... and then he converted the match point with one of his very rare forehand longline winners!

GAME, SET & MATCH, Kiefer!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Tricky_Forehand
06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Dangerously close to being a repeat of the match against Tojo last year...minus the rain.

I had a bad feeling when he lost the 3rd set and then he was down 2-4 in the 5th so I left the SB and came back to see 4 ALL :yeah:

:bigclap: :bigclap: :woohoo: :woohoo:

kfh_9118
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Kiwi actually won less points than his opponent for the entire match :rolleyes:

The statistics actually are in favour of Benneteau, so it's a lucky escape for Kiwi to win this one. Hope this kind of match will do give a positive effect to Kiwi's game in the next rounds.

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Neely, you're so lucky to be able to see the match.
Is Kiwi playing poorly throughout the entire match?
Their coverage started in the third set only, before they showed a little bit of Federer vs Mathieu. But since they went to court #14, the match of Kiwi was really nothing special and, as I said, he looked in the fourth and half of fifth set very uninspired, without fire. Thanksfully he yelled out his anger a few times and showed Benneteau a few times his fist towards the end to get himself fired up.

It was absolutely no quality in the three sets that I saw, but I'm just happy for the moment that he won it.

THIS MATCH could have been a horrible and disgusting déjà-vu from last year against ToJo. Same court, same round and another 2-0 set lead. But this time with a won fifth set!

kek
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Could he possibly make it harder for himself by winning these matches in 5 sets? Especially when you are up 2 sets to none. If he had lost this, I would have posted a not so friendly friendly message in his guestbook :rolleyes:

However, he fought and did well. Maybe this will spark life into him. He is going have to play much better than this next round.

Neely
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
so it's a lucky escape for Kiwi to win this one.
Yes, definitely lucky escape. I think that Kiwi did not win a return point on Benneteau's first three service games in the fifth set. Then finally he found something to fire himself up and also Benneteau's injury timeout to get a massage on his thigh maybe was not too bad for Kiwi either because that was the turning point and after that he actually figured out again how to return.

kek
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
THIS MATCH could have been a horrible and disgusting déjà-vu from last year against ToJo. Same court, same round and another 2-0 set lead. But this time with a won fifth set!

Thankfully, he won it. Maybe he won it this time because I wasn't in the stands this year cheering him on ;)

kek
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I hope that he doen't take his next opponet too lightly Alessio Di Mauro. I have never heard of him and these guys who qualify can be very tricky.

JMG
06-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I hope that he doen't take his next opponet too lightly Alessio Di Mauro. I have never heard of him and these guys who qualify can be very tricky.

Di Mauro has currently his career highest ranking, which could be a bad sign, but I saw him two years ago against Söderling and he had no powerful baseline shots and only an average serve. He played like a no.200 I think, I wonder how he could improve in the ranking so much. Another good thing is that he is a clay court player. He isn't a qualifier. ;)

JMG
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe it's better that I didn't see it today. I never thought it could take more than 2 hours to win. Now it's only the task to take the 75 points an go home. I expect a triple 6-2 on Wednesday! I hope Högstedt kicks Kiwis ass, he shouldn't tolerate these matches.

sol
06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
:D Well done Kiwi :yeah: http://www.activistsandiego.org/wwwboard/images/smiles/onajego.gif:clap2::bowdown:

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-20T172717Z_01_WIM88D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg
Germany's Nicolas Kiefer shakes hands with Julien Benneteau of France (R) after defeating him in their first round men's singles match at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 20, 2005. Kiefer won 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4. REUTERS/Toby Melville

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-20T172323Z_01_WIM85D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg
Germany's Nicolas Kiefer celebrates winning a point in his first round men's singles match against Julien Benneteau of France at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 20, 2005. Kiefer won 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4. REUTERS/Toby Melville

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-20T172126Z_01_WIM84D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg
Germany's Nicolas Kiefer celebrates winning a point in his first round men's singles match against Julien Benneteau of France at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 20, 2005. Kiefer won 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4. REUTERS/Toby Melville

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-20T171936Z_01_WIM83D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg
Germany's Nicolas Kiefer returns the ball to Julien Benneteau of France in their first round men's singles match at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 20, 2005. Kiefer won 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4. REUTERS/Toby Melville

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-20T171828Z_01_WIM82D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg
Germany's Nicolas Kiefer returns the ball to Julien Benneteau of France in their first round men's singles match at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 20, 2005. Kiefer won 6-3 7-6(5) 5-7 3-6 6-4. REUTERS/Toby Melville

Neely
06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
:D Well done Marat :yeah: http://www.activistsandiego.org/wwwboard/images/smiles/onajego.gif:clap2::bowdown:
wrong forum! ;) :lol:
but Marat did also play a good and very solid match! :yeah:

Sol, thanks for adding these pictures!! :yeah:

As you see the handshake wasn't too intense between the two :lol: There were quite a few things which Benneteau directed towards Kiefer and Kiefer directed towards Benneteau. Also Benneteau felt cheated at this one point in the last game. Both guys were at the net and as Benneteau's ball was called out, he yelled something like "nooooo, no way!" and Kiwi yelled something back "ah come on, it's out" (I didn't understand it properly though) and Benneteau discussed with the chair umpire but the point was not overruled. After the match was over Benneteau also had a few more words for the Danish chair umpire.

JMG
06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
As you see the handshake wasn't too intense between the two :lol:

Can you remember an intense handshake from Kiefer with eye-contact except against Haas? ;)

JMG
06-20-2005, 07:29 PM
.Kiefer - Day 1
Monday, June 20, 2005

Q. When you see the number of players in the tournament from Germany, France and Spain more than the US, then you see five Belgian men, more than Australia has, do you think there's a shift taking place in the power centers of tennis more to Europe with the men?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Good question. I mean, I didn't check how many Germans are in the draw, how many Swedes.

Q. 10 Germans, 12 French, 14 Spaniards, 9 Americans.

NICOLAS KIEFER: So we beat the Americans?

Q. Yes.

NICOLAS KIEFER: Good. No, I think you say we have 10 Germans in the main draw, it's great for the German tennis. Few times people say German tennis is down. Okay, we have many players around a hundred, but good young ones. I mean, they qualify here. What can I say?

I think it's great we have so many people in the main draw.

Q. Surprised that there are more from all these smaller European countries than the US?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Germany is big.

Q. Not compared to the US.

NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, US is not in the whole world. I mean, US, you have so many sports. You have basketball, you have American football, you have all the other kinds of sports. Germany is soccer and tennis. I don't know if this is the reason.

I mean, still, also players who are injured, who couldn't play for a long time. For example, James, he wasn't that lucky, but now he's on the way to come back.

Q. Do you think the development systems in Europe?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Great. You see we have 10 players. 12 from Spain.

Q. Why?

NICOLAS KIEFER: Why? I mean, I can only talk from Germany. In Germany we have like one center from German Federation in the south of Germany, one in the north of Germany. Of course, if there are 10 players in the main draw, everybody is happy. If there are only six, the question starts, "Where are the rest?"

At the moment we should be happy we have 10, but maybe next year we have 15, or maybe less.

Tricky_Forehand
06-20-2005, 07:30 PM
His next opponent, Di Mauro, has been winning quite a bit lately. It's been on the clay but I'm sure that he has some sort of confidence. This is definitely not an easy road for Kiwi so far.

Neely
06-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Can you remember an intense handshake from Kiefer with eye-contact except against Haas? ;)
lol, no not really.... but still this one was really one of the "lower intense" category. But IMO also because of Benneteau, not only Kiwi's fault this time :angel:

Das war wirklich nur im Vorübergehen :lol:

BTW, good to see that finally again an interview of him was posted again! Is is a press conference trascript? I didn't see one of Kiwi for such a long time already! :eek:

JMG
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Vielleicht hat Benneteau gedacht, diese mehrfache Zeigefinger-an-den-Kopf-Geste und das Kopfschütteln nach dem Matchball war an ihn gerichtet. ;)

kiwifan80
06-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Congrats Kiwi!!!! Please just make it simple next round :) Thanx for the pics Sol

knight_ley
06-20-2005, 11:08 PM
:bounce: Yay kiwi!!!!! i missed sets 3, 4 and 5 due to work and was a bit surprised when my friend texted me that he won in five sets. i was like FIVE?! wtf. lol. but a win is a win! hopefully the next round he will win a bit easier and then we have the Federer match! Even though its not the best situation for him, it means he will be on television! And I haven't seen him on tv since his match vs. Henman at USO last year :sad:

AUF GEHTS KIWI !!!!!!!!!!!

Neely
06-21-2005, 10:18 AM

knight_ley
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
*squee* Thank you for the pictures!!! Are those from the Wimbedone webcam?? or are they screencaps you took?

smucav
06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Kiefer discusses the state of German tennis in USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/wimb/2005-06-20-tennis-wimbledon_x.htm

sol
06-21-2005, 02:08 PM
wrong forum! ;) :lol:
but Marat did also play a good and very solid match! :yeah:

Sol, thanks for adding these pictures!! :yeah:

:lol: I did edit my post.. :lol: sorry ;)

knight_ley
06-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Kiefer discusses the state of German tennis in USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/wimb/2005-06-20-tennis-wimbledon_x.htm

thank you for posting that :yeah:

knight_ley
06-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Kiwi is up third tomorrow on court 6 against Alessio Di Mauro from Italy!

Auf gehts Kiwi !!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

JMG
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Of course, we have coverage of Juniors Soccer Colombia vs Argentina instead of tennis. Very interesting for the German people. :rolleyes:

Neely
06-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Of course, we have coverage of Juniors Soccer Colombia vs Argentina instead of tennis. Very interesting for the German people. :rolleyes:
Yeah, this junior football crap on TV :ras:

The third match on Court #6 after two women's matches. I really don't know how we can get coverage of it. Maybe if the two matches before go to 16-14 in the decisive set or maybe if one opponent of both matches retires after the first point :lol:

Lets see.....

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Kiwi is playing at the moment, won the first set 6-3, down 0-2 in the second now.

C'mon Kiwi, fight :fiery:
Don't give us heart attack again like in the first round.

Neely
06-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Kiwi is playing at the moment, won the first set 6-3, down 0-2 in the second now.

C'mon Kiwi, fight :fiery:
Don't give us heart attack again like in the first round.
Yes, it's a bit uncomforting. I'm at home following the live scores since the middle of the 1st set when it was 4-2 for Kiwi. And since then I already saw two breaks for Di Mauro.

It doesn't look like that best performance of Kiwi again, but I also must say that I never saw di Mauro playing and therefore I can't judge whether he is able to do something that can really produce problems for Kiwi or if it's only Kiwi's fault that he is having it harder than expected.

*3-1 di Mauro, 2nd set at the moment... I hope Kiwi rebreaks soon

JMG
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Normally it's impossible for a player like Kiefer to lose against Di Mauro. Unbelievable. I hope he can improve against Federer.

JMG
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
He's also wasting a lot of bp's.

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
not sure how Kiwi played so far, but judging from the scoreboard and his opponents, he's not doing so good :sad: He will have no chance even to win a set from Roger with this performance.

I saw Roger's first two matches, and he played unbelievably well, as usual :lol:

Btw, Kiwi broke back in the second set 3-4 now, serving. Hope he will fight back and win the set.

JMG
06-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Nearly every point to Kiwi at the moment :)

6-3 *5-4 maybe it looks solid at the end with a 63 64 62 or so.

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 04:28 PM
6-5 now, Kiwi try to serve for the set again. Hope no more break this time

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
7-5 for Kiwi in the second set.

Early break 1-0 in the third now :bounce:
Keep it going Kiwi, please don't lose your focus

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 05:04 PM
5-3 for Kiwi now in the third :)

consistent serves from Kiwi, glad to see this.

kfh_9118
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: KIWI WON :woohoo: :woohoo:

6-3 7-5 6-3

Glad he makes it easier this round. A bit of struggle in the second set, but he fought back :cool:

Next round: versus Roger Federer :o I am not expecting anything from Kiwi except maybe take 1 set from Roger. I am hoping the timing of the match won't be the same time as Hewitt's match, so I can see it on TV :angel:

Tricky_Forehand
06-22-2005, 05:14 PM
In straights!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Neely
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, good that he made it through to the third round :bounce: :clap2: :woohoo:

So far, that's the maximum and everything else would be a bonus or a huge upset.

kek
06-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Good win today. I didn't know what to expect after a hard fought win on Monday.

I was following the match at work and listening to the radio and they said Nicolas was playing good except he lost concentration for a bit in the first game of the second set. They hardly said much else since they were focusing on Demetieva who had can't serve for a match to save her life :rolleyes:

There was no stats of the match so I can't see how many break points he squandered but I guarantee you if he gets at least one against Roger, it would be miracle. If converts it and holds serve, then I guess miracles can happen :D

Let's hope Roger is off his game and Nicolas can raise his. He does play better against better opponets. Maybe Roger will have a fight with Mirka and sit sobbing on the tennis court and not be able to play ala the movie The Royal Tenenbaums (one of my favorite movies of all time).

kek
06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah, good that he made it through to the third round :bounce: :clap2: :woohoo:

So far, that's the maximum and everything else would be a bonus or a huge upset.

Exactly, anything extra would be great. He has lots of points to defend this summer and getting extra ones now would be a great advantage.

JMG
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Please make the SF this year. He just has to get this success one day after choking 4 times in the past. I still wait for the day when Federer has bad luck. Maybe it will be on Friday. :angel:

sol
06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Good win Kiwi! :D :yeah:

Congrats! :clap2: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=271#) :clap2:

Neely
06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Main thing for Kiwi to get a few looks in this match is that HIS serve is looking very good and that Federer's percentage is not as high as today against Minar with 75% first serves. Or else, he's in danger of getting a "totale Packung" with 6-2 6-2 6-3, something like that.

If you can hold serve well and if Federer has to use his 2nd serve more often, I'm basically confident he will do well. But this today (DSF only showed two games of his match, right? at least that's all what I have seen so far...) was no test of course.

Lets hope that Kiwi plays better with the growing task :angel: :angel:

JMG
06-22-2005, 07:31 PM
The bad thing is that he already knows he will lose. :sad: He has to reach an early tb or early break in the match to get some confidence. Probably we will have to wait again for more than three weeks for the next match.

knight_ley
06-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Yay Kiwi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means I should be seeing him on tv for the first time since September!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Neely
06-22-2005, 09:59 PM
This means I should be seeing him on tv for the first time since September!!!!!!!!!
LOL, you can watch it? and I was just informed by an other German poster that on Friday we have two football matches from the Junior World Cup on TV evening... that means we will get to see almost nothing live of Kiwi's match :o except he would play the first match on one of the courts then there would be a chance :banghead:

fucking frigging Junior World Cup..... :banghead: :fiery: It's very likely that this fucking event spoils the tennis and this match enormously :armed:

knight_ley
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
some pictures from his match today!!!!!!!

knight_ley
06-22-2005, 10:12 PM
LOL, you can watch it? and I was just informed by an other German poster that on Friday we have two football matches from the Junior World Cup on TV evening... that means we will get to see almost nothing live of Kiwi's match :o except he would play the first match on one of the courts then there would be a chance :banghead:

fucking frigging Junior World Cup..... :banghead: :fiery: It's very likely that this fucking event spoils the tennis and this match enormously :armed:

HE HAS TO BE ON TV ON FRIDAY! :lol: They've showed every Roger for the last two years almost ( excluding when he played Kiwi at IW :o ) and its Wimbledon so they've been showing all Roger's matches like two times lol.... And we have 11 hours of coverage, so Roger better be in that 10 hours :lol:

knight_ley
06-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Friday's Order of Play ::

Centre Court 1.00 pm Start

Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[3] vs. Justin Gimelstob (USA)

Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roberta Vinci (ITA) vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[15]

Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[25]

:bounce: Auf Gehts Kiwi !! :bounce:

kfh_9118
06-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Roger won first set easily 6-2 :mad:
Kiwi won second set 7-6(5) :eek: Kiwi was down 1-4 and 2-5 in the tiebreak :eek: good fight there :cool:

Hope he keeps playing well in the third and fourth sets.
C'mon Kiwi.

I am happy he got one set from Roger, no matter what's the outcome of this match. :D

kfh_9118
06-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Kiwi's broken already in the third, down 0-2 now :mad:
Fight Kiwi. He hasn't got a single opportunity to break roger's serve so far :(

kfh_9118
06-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Kiwi lost the match 2-6 7-6(5) 1-6 5-7 :bigcry: :sad:

He had a chance to make it to the fifth set, serving at 5-3 in the fourth set, lead 30-15, however he played too safe to allow Roger getting back to the match. Once he couldn't close the set, he lost a bit of momentum there, Kiwi got angry a few times, and I knew he'll lose the match :sad:

Overall, not a bad effort from Kiefer, he got 1 set from Roger, almost forced the rubber set, so I am happy for his performance here in Wimbledon (he could have got further if not facing Roger in the 3rd Rd).

Hope he will do better in his next tournaments.

All the best, Kiwi

knight_ley
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm very proud of Kiwi for this result. All I have to say is BRING ON THE HARD COURTS! Let's hope for an effort like last summer but with some tournament wins :p

Neely
06-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm glad that he didn't get destroyed completely and that Federer also didn't get the best day today. Too bad that he didn't get into the fifth set, almost no first serves when he needed to serve out the set :sobbing:

But overall it was a good performance and I wished that Kiwi could play like that and even better more times.

At the end the result is the wrong outcome for me, but I have to extract the positive moment out of this match, namely those when Kiwi made Federer look like an ordinary top 30 player :angel: :angel: ;)

zethand
06-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I was mad at him when he lost his op to win the 4th... But he played outstanding against Federer... Federer was kind of desperate when he lost the 2nd...
Well done Kiwi! :) Im not mad anymore :D

Neely
06-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Exactly, you said it zethand. That's what Kiwi was missing in this match: he was missing the ability to knock at Federer again in situations that could have Federer seriously rattled.

For example, the way the third set started was toooooo good for Federer. He broke Kiwi in the 2nd game of the third set and this of course was a golden start again for Federer because it made him quickly forget the loss of the 2nd set, which was actually a kind of seldomly seen choke because he was up two minibreaks in that tiebreak already. I wished Kiwi would have played a closer third set, but the start was already sup-optimal. Towards the end of the third set, Kiwi played a great last game of the set as he was already down 0-40 on Federer's serve and with great play and very offensive returns (winners), he earned his first break point of the match there. Another return which would have been a winner was just barely denied by the net cord. But I think that was a good basement for a better fourth set.

The other thing was that he failed to consolidate the two breaks of serve against Federer. I wished that he held just one more time after these breaks, just for the feeling how it is to lead by break of serve against Federer. Damn!

Two key situations for me. A third one would be not high enough 1st serve percentage (not enough free/easy points and aces) over the whole match, especially in situations where it counted.

But overall I'm not so mad at Kiwi, because he did a better job than in his previous matches :angel: :) Just the opponent was of a much higher profile of player...

Goooooooooooooo Kiwi for US Hardcourt Season!!! :clap2: :rocker2: :banana:

knight_ley
06-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I wish I had watched the entire match, but of course ESPN2 had to show venus and sharapova :rolleyes: so we just saw the tiebreak and 3 other games. :p But just the fact that he could go up to Roger, not only take a set but give him some scares makes me happy. Maybe it'll shut up some of the haters, but I doubt it. :rolleyes:
I was never really sad / mad , maybe cuz i didnt get to see the whole match... I hope he does not get down on himself.... I guess we'll have to wait and see what he writes on his site, hopefully he is going into the US Hard courts very positive :yeah:

sol
06-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Goooooooooooooo Kiwi for US Hardcourt Season!!! :clap2: :rocker2: :banana:

Yep... Good match against God ;)

Kiwi :rocker2:

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-06-25T133234Z_01_WIM518D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.jpg :hearts:

knight_ley
06-25-2005, 04:59 PM
ps -- here are some pictures from today's match :)

knight_ley
06-25-2005, 05:02 PM
and some more :)

kek
06-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I wasn't expecting too much and Nicolas far exceeded my expectations. Such a pity that it didn't go into a 5th but we will never never know what the outcome could have been.

If Nicolas played this well and determind in ALL his matches, there is no reason why he should lose to anyone.

I hope he get's something postive out of this loss and apply it toward a winning summer US hardcourt season. He has lots of points to defend.

Tricky_Forehand
06-25-2005, 06:28 PM
A side from not being able to close out the 4th...I hope that he can be proud of himself for how he played the match. Especially coming back in that 2nd set TB. He did well today :yeah:

kiwifan80
06-25-2005, 09:49 PM
I wasn't expecting too much and Nicolas far exceeded my expectations. Such a pity that it didn't go into a 5th but we will never never know what the outcome could have been.

If Nicolas played this well and determind in ALL his matches, there is no reason why he should lose to anyone.

I hope he get's something postive out of this loss and apply it toward a winning summer US hardcourt season. He has lots of points to defend.

I wasn't expecting that much either, but he really made a match of it- to say the least. He had chances that he shud've takin(that damn double fault on break point :( ), but all in all he should be happy about his performance. It really showed me how well he cud play if he's consitant. I also luved his attitude during the match. He was so positive. Good match Kiwi!!!!!!!

Pics from this match- :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/00465773.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/00465803.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/BRITAIN_WIMBLEDON__TENNIS_X.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/00465906.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/BRITAIN_WIMBLEDON_TENNIS_24.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/00465911.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/00465934.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/b_06_kiefer18_afp_a_dennis.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/b_06_kiefer17_epa_f_coffrini.jpg

kiwifan80
06-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Some interesting pics from the Federor match

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/TENNIS_EFFECT_050625_03.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/TENNIS_EFFECT_050625_02.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/TENNIS_EFFECT_050625_01.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/KIEFER_Nicolas_050625_02.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/KIEFER_Nicolas_050625_01.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Nicolas%20Kiefer/KIEFER_Nicolas_050625_04.jpg

knight_ley
06-28-2005, 02:35 AM
omg great pictures!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwifan80
06-28-2005, 05:01 AM
omg great pictures!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem :wavey:

Neely
06-29-2005, 10:54 PM
:yesah: Thanks, kiwifan80 and everybody else who attached pics, for taking your time posting this incredible collection of pics here for us all to enjoy :worship:

:smoke: