If you were the Nike creative director... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If you were the Nike creative director...

Tennis Fool
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
What commercial would you produce that included Federer, Maria, Rafael and Serena (sorry, had to put an American in here :wavey). This is your chance be creative!

================================================== =======
Every time someone raises the question why Federer or others aren't household names in the U.S., the answer involves to some degree the USTA, ESPN's coverage and American audiences' attitudes. Don't you think the one thing that could change this is sponsor and advertising money? I am sure that if Wilson, Nike and other sponsors really wanted to, they could influence TV coverage of their events as well as the faces they put on the tennis gear in your local sports shop. If they want to get maximum value from their sponsorship contracts, why don't they help create the megastar aura first?
-- R. Papen, Bonheiden, Belgium

Before we answer that, we're proud to note that USTA finally has gotten the memo and is prominently featuring "international" players in a U.S. Open promotional video taped in Paris. So that's promising news. Anyway, good point about Nike and the other sponsors. Note to Nike: With the new players under contract -- Nadal, Federer, Sharapova -- isn't it about time for a decent tennis commercial?

Angle Queen
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
I think maybe I'd try to cross dress them. Imagine Roger in pirate pants (although they both wear that headband thing). Put Serena in Maria's more conservative clothes and have Maria wear those shiny black boots.

Then, if you could get 'em to do it...mix the genders. Give Masha a bandana, put Serena in pirate pants, Roger in Maria's outfit. Rafa could probably pull off the boot-look better than Serena.

Have it start out with a voice-over that talked about...if clothes made the Champion...

tennischick
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
it is a moonlit night in the Caribbean. Federer and Maria (in Nikewear) are walking hand in hand like lovers. Nadal (also in Nikepants) sneaks up behind them and attempts to hit Roger on the head with his racket. Serena wearing her catsuit with a massive Nike logo on the chest, appears from behind a coconut tree and jumps Nadal, pinning him to the ground. the camera then closes in on Serena who smiles a beautiful toothy smile and says: "Roger and that bitch owe me big"

Qaatar
06-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Why does the commercial have to be tennis related? Why not stick Fed and Nadal with like Yao Ming and Kobe Bryant and shoot a beer commercial. Those are always extremely popular in the US.

Qaatar
06-15-2005, 10:07 PM
it is a moonlit night in the Caribbean. Federer and Maria (in Nikewear) are walking hand in hand like lovers. Nadal (also in Nikepants) sneaks up behind them and attempts to hit Roger on the head with his racket. Serena wearing her catsuit with a massive Nike logo on the chest, appears from behind a coconut tree and jumps Nadal, pinning him to the ground. the camera then closes in on Serena who smiles a beautiful toothy smile and says: "Roger and that bitch owe me big"

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Saumon
06-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Imagine Roger in pirate pants (although they both wear that headband thing).

http://img28.echo.cx/img28/9343/rogerpirates6go.jpg

;)

Billabong
06-15-2005, 10:29 PM
:lol:

Lila
06-15-2005, 11:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seleshfan
06-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Well I picture more of a Grease theme

Maria can be Sandra Olsson (Sandra Dee)
Serena is Betty Rizzo
Federer is Danny Zuko
Nadal Danny’s sidekick Kenickie

The scene, Federer and Maria are in the school gym doing the hand jive. Then Nadal and Serena make their grand entrance doing some hip urban dance ending with Serena throwing Nadal in the air, then catching him, then twirling him around. Then Roger and Maria look at each other, as if to say, we're not going to let them take our dance crown, a metaphor for their Wimbledon crown, come back with some even BETTER moves. They bust out with these amazing “You Got Served” style moves. The students in the gym (metaphor for the Wimbledon audience) go crazy as they stand and cheer! Then Anna Kournikova makes her cameo as Cha Cha DiGregorio the slut from the other high school, and steals the show with a striptease and a hockey stick.

mangoes
06-15-2005, 11:38 PM
I rather see a commercial with Serena than Maria.

Fee
06-15-2005, 11:40 PM
First, cue up the song 'I like big butts'... (or 'baby got back' to be more subtle)
Cut to shots of Nadal and Serena hitting away on the court, sweating, grunting, etc. under blazing heat.
Then change the song to 'Lovely Day' (old song from the seventies, very cool and jazzy pop) and cut to clips of Roger and Maria playing, gliding on the court gracefully, hardly a hair out of place.

Slowly blur in an assortment of Grand Slam trophies...fade to black screen that says

Just do it
(whatever your style)

But it still wouldn't convince me to buy their clothes or shoes.

tennischick
06-16-2005, 03:26 AM

;)
Yummm....:drool:

:lol: at all the funny ideas ;)

Socket
06-16-2005, 03:46 AM
You guys must all work for Reebok!

tennis4eva
06-16-2005, 05:30 AM
A shot of Maria modeling, then a shot of Roger milking his cow, Rafa fishing, and Serena on a film set.
Then a shot of them all together, Rafa is holding his RG trophy, Serena the USO trophy, Maria the Wimbleon trophy, and Roger the AO trophy.
Then the capton :
No matter what your hobby is, you're still a champion.

Nike
Just Do It

nkhera1
06-16-2005, 06:35 AM
A shot of Maria modeling, then a shot of Roger milking his cow, Rafa fishing, and Serena on a film set.
Then a shot of them all together, Rafa is holding his RG trophy, Serena the USO trophy, Maria the Wimbleon trophy, and Roger the AO trophy.
Then the capton :

Nike
Just Do It

Switch Serena and Federer and that would be perfect.

iliketennis
06-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Real gang bang footage :drool: :haha:

1sun
06-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Then the capton :

Nike
Just Do It

yeah switch serena with rogi and that would an awsome commercial. u should present your idea to nike!im not even jokin

Viveletennis
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
You guys must all work for Reebok!

:haha:

Angle Queen
06-16-2005, 06:16 PM
You guys must all work for Reebok!If that were the case, we'd dress Roger in a t-shirt that looked like the map of the Subway system, Rafa in a Metro shirt and Maria in one of the Tube system. Guess Serena would have to wear a City Loop map. :rolleyes:

tennis4eva
06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
yeah switch serena with rogi and that would an awsome commercial. u should present your idea to nike!im not even jokin
:lol:

nermo
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Then the capton :

Nike
Just Do ItOriginally Posted by tennis4eva

Tennis4eva ...u 're really Good.. :yeah:

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 01:32 AM

;)
:sad: i still haven't forgiven him for this

tennischick
06-17-2005, 01:34 AM
did Roger actually wear capris to play a match? i assumed it was just an ad that Saumon edited cleverly. :shrug:

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 01:38 AM
did Roger actually wear capris to play a match? i assumed it was just an ad that Saumon edited cleverly. :shrug:
no he hasn't thank God. i already swore that if he did i might have to stop watching tennis. :scared:

tennischick
06-17-2005, 01:47 AM
no he hasn't thank God. i already swore that if he did i might have to stop watching tennis. :scared:
so what's there to forgive him for :shrug: i'm confused

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 01:47 AM
so what's there to forgive him for :shrug: i'm confused
i still hate seeing the pictures.

tennischick
06-17-2005, 01:49 AM
i still hate seeing the pictures.
so the pictures are real? Roger is advertising these pants for Nike :shrug:

i happen to LOVE these pants. i started a thread in their honor when Nadal started wearing them. i would love to see other players in capris as well.

PaulieM
06-17-2005, 01:51 AM

i happen to LOVE these pants. i started a thread in their honor when Nadal started wearing them. i would love to see other players in capris as well.
yeah they are real. there's a bunch of ads with him wearing them.

tennis4eva
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM

I think I saw Feli Lopez wearing them once....

Saumon
06-18-2005, 11:58 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/championstour/images/150x200/mcenroe_croatia1.jpg

:o

“At first I didn’t like them, but after watching Nadal in them for a while I took a liking to them. I tried them in the French Open doubles and now it’s going to be my surprise tactic on the Champions Tour!”

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
These have been good. Keep'm coming!

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Why does the commercial have to be tennis related? Why not stick Fed and Nadal with like Yao Ming and Kobe Bryant and shoot a beer commercial. Those are always extremely popular in the US.
Remember Nadal is under 21. Would this be a public service comercial against underage drinking? If so, what's the scenario?

Tennis Fool
06-25-2005, 01:32 AM
If that were the case, we'd dress Roger in a t-shirt that looked like the map of the Subway system, Rafa in a Metro shirt and Maria in one of the Tube system. Guess Serena would have to wear a City Loop map. :rolleyes:
No wonder Roddick dumped them :lol:

Tennis Fool
06-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Oh come on now. Time to keep the brain active while we're in this lull. Maybe something about how two are still playing the Championships, and the other two shipped out before the 4th round?

drf716
06-27-2005, 04:04 AM
the one with the whatever your hobbies your still a champion thing is pretty good why not tell that to nike