Karlovic def. Ljubicic 6-1 3-6 7-6(1) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Karlovic def. Ljubicic 6-1 3-6 7-6(1)

croat123
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
a) he served 27 aces
b) he CAN return and did so
c) he proved that he is very mentally tough (unlike ivan)

aceit
06-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Congrats Ivo. :yeah:

musefanatic
06-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, I think it's easy to see that this guy is in good form at the moment. Well done Ivo and hope it goes well for wimbledon!! :)

Nimrodg
06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
he must be exhausted if he will get to the final here also
i don't see someone stops him and it'll be 3rd in a row

croat123
06-15-2005, 07:54 PM
luckily, his style of play doesn't make him too tired. after all, every 3rd point on his serve today was an ace and i'm sure that another third were unreturnable serves or easy volleys.

Papakori
06-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes! Fantastic win Ivo!

Next battle Ivo (Tall) against Olivier Rochus (Tiny) :lol:

Golfnduck
06-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Oli better get a ladder to return that serve :lol:

RaVeR
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Ivo :yeah:

but Ivan :help::rolleyes:
terrible form :help:

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-15-2005, 08:32 PM
but Ivan
terrible form

Why, Ljubicic was never good at grass and Karlovic is one hell of the player for this surface.

RaVeR
06-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Why, Ljubicic was never good at grass and Karlovic is one hell of the player for this surface.

please look results in last 2-3 months :rolleyes:

Neely
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Exactly, Ljubicic never had the biggest results on grass and ran into somebody who is on a hot streak on that surface. Ljubicic even took him to a third set tiebreak. Ljubicic didn't have the best results during the last weeks on clay, but it's hardly a surprise for me that he lost this match and I wouldn't critisize him too much for THIS loss today against Karlovic.

croat123
06-15-2005, 09:20 PM
yeah, you can't blaim ivan for this loss. he did very well to challenge karlovic as much as he did. this actually bodes pretty well for wimbledon

El Legenda
06-15-2005, 09:27 PM
a) he served 27 aces
b) he CAN return and did so

ohhh so ur already of Ivan bangwagen..not even gonna wait till hardcourts...but he's god for you when he was making all the finals....

Good job ivo :)

Ivan 0 aces.. :confused: ;)

azza
06-15-2005, 09:42 PM
6-1 :scared: Thats not a good sign :scared: :retard:

croat123
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
ohhh so ur already of Ivan bangwagen..not even gonna wait till hardcourts...but he's god for you when he was making all the finals....

Good job ivo :)

Ivan 0 aces.. :confused: ;)
i never said i was off the bandwagon, i just said that it was a good win for ivo. if you read my other posts you'd see that i think this wasn't a bad loss for ivan and that i think he can do well at wimbledon

El Legenda
06-15-2005, 10:02 PM
6-1 :scared: Thats not a good sign :scared: :retard:

thats not as bad a 0 ACES vs Karlovic. i mean even a recriational tennis player can get 1 ace ;)...should find out soon whats happend..should be on Ivan website. :)

croat123
06-15-2005, 10:24 PM
i just hope ivan's back is holding up

bad gambler
06-15-2005, 10:25 PM

strange thing to say when you look at Ljubicic's performances first half of the year culminated with his DC performance against the US

El Legenda
06-15-2005, 10:34 PM
strange thing to say when you look at Ljubicic's performances first half of the year culminated with his DC performance against the US

Croats are like that..when its going good they are all over player when he loses 2 bad matchs...they are looking for next best thing.... NOT me lol ;) :wavey:

bad gambler
06-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Croats are like that..when its going good they are all over player when he loses 2 bad matchs...they are looking for next best thing.... NOT me lol ;) :wavey:

yeah and the when ljubicic burns up the Nth American circuit, it will be like Karlovic who? :rolleyes:

A fickle bunch :p

El Legenda
06-15-2005, 10:38 PM
yeah and the when ljubicic burns up the Nth American circuit, it will be like Karlovic who? :rolleyes:

I know ;)

croat123
06-15-2005, 11:04 PM
he did great, but, overall, he's been mentally weak in his career. he blew a 2 sets to love lead and 5*-1 and 40-15 to ferreira at the australian open to lose in 5 sets. he's never been able to do well at the croatian open after his semifinal appearance (where he got crushed by norman).

you can't take one thread and make an arguement saying i only like him when he wins.

today i cheered for ivo because ivan has had a much better year than ivo and because i also think that this tournament is maybe the best shot ivo will ever have of winning a tournament. ivan already has a title and will win his fair share of titles in the future

:o

croat123
06-15-2005, 11:05 PM

actually, ivo usually does ok after wimbledon (or at least better than he does at the beginnig of the year)

Horatio Caine
06-15-2005, 11:11 PM
luckily, his style of play doesn't make him too tired. after all, every 3rd point on his serve today was an ace and i'm sure that another third were unreturnable serves or easy volleys.

Actually there were some (long) rallies believe it or not! :eek: Neither player played that well - Ivan played piss poor in the first set and seemed to give up immediately. Ivan had the upper hand at all times in the third set but literally handed Ivo the victory. Ivo twice recovered from 0/30 and 15/40 in one game (8th) but the momentum then shifted in his direction from then on, particularly when he had 0/30 in Ivan's service game in the 12th game. Ivo played a spectacular tiebreaker with some excellent serves and some incredible volley reaches but really, Ivan shhould have won the 3rd set. :smash: