10tele.com Open - Wednesday 15th June. Rain, rain and more rain! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

10tele.com Open - Wednesday 15th June. Rain, rain and more rain!

Horatio Caine
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Not looking too good guys. :bigcry:

Obviously it is early days, and play is not due to start until 12:00pm, but even now, the rain has to stop and the covers etc have to be drier before play can start on time. We're looking at a delay until at least 1:00pm by the looks of things...and the rain is due to persist pretty much all day. The matches most likely to take place are those between Berdych v Johansson and Ljubicic v Karlovic, unless they are shifted to tomorrow as a lot of fans would have gone home by then, and they are the highlights of R2 play.

Aleksa's Laydee
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Go away rain :rain: :rain: :rain:

i want my TV coverage :crying2:

Horatio Caine
06-15-2005, 12:50 PM
...2 hours later. The rain stopped about 30 minutes ago and hasn't returned. :yeah:

However, the sky is very overcast and threatening continuing drizzle - the worst possible type of rain for grasscourt tennis. :banghead:

I'm going to get to the Centre for the start of Centre Court play which should go ahead on time provided that there is no more rain between now and then. I seriously doubt we will see more than 2 matches completed on any court. It won't surprise me if all 5 courts might be used today.

Scotso
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
I hate rain.

Horatio Caine
06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Bad news guys - just stepped out the front door and it is raining (light drizzle). There is no way play will get going by 2:00pm and I am now just sitting it out at home...still!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
theres play now ;) :woohoo:

NATAS81
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
They've been playing for a good 2 hours now.

alfonsojose
06-15-2005, 05:36 PM
i'm posting my first post ever from Uk now :bounce::bounce: but it seems mother nature doesn't want Fonzie here :sad: BTw, London isn't that cold as i expected, but they told me these days have been sunnier so no illussions :shrug:

Lee
06-15-2005, 05:38 PM
i'm posting my first post ever from Uk now :bounce::bounce: but it seems mother nature doesn't want Fonzie here :sad: BTw, London isn't that cold as i expected, but they told me these days have been sunnier so no illussions :shrug:

Good to find you sound and save in London :hug:

Have a great vacation!!!

alfonsojose
06-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Good to find you sound and save in London :hug:

Have a great vacation!!!
thank U :hug:
BTW, i betrayed our lovely Rainer :o :sad: The inmigration guy at the airport asked me for my fav when i told him i wanted to go to Wimby ...

"Roger Federer" i said :o :ras: the funy thing was the man looked at me like saying "he does know about tennis" and let me enter the country :scared: thank U, JesusFed

Lee
06-15-2005, 08:39 PM
thank U :hug:
BTW, i betrayed our lovely Rainer :o :sad: The inmigration guy at the airport asked me for my fav when i told him i wanted to go to Wimby ...

"Roger Federer" i said :o :ras: the funy thing was the man looked at me like saying "he does know about tennis" and let me enter the country :scared: thank U, JesusFed

:lol: That's not betrayal. If you said Schuettler, the officer (who I suspect doesn't know who the hell is Rainer) will think you have other activities in mind instead of watching tennis and send you back ;)

alfonsojose
06-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks , Neely. I know it was the right thing but i still feel guilty for that :o

Lee
06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks , Neely. I know it was the right thing but i still feel guilty for that :o

:sad: You only have Neely in your mind :sad:

alfonsojose
06-17-2005, 09:28 PM
:sad: You only have Neely in your mind :sad:
:eek: :hug: i was thinking about Neely's grasscourt thread when i wrote this. I love all the surfaces and their particular qualities/challenges.

Saumon
06-17-2005, 09:37 PM
fonso you are back! :hug: :p

alfonsojose
06-17-2005, 09:42 PM
i can't post as much as i want here in Uk (.5£ half an hour :spit: ) . Besides, tourism and tennis tournies are priority now.

But i miss home a lot :bigcry: :sobbing: It's ok while i'm out but that hotel room feels so lonely . and BBC channels are a crime :mad:

*Ljubica*
06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
i can't post as much as i want here in Uk (.5£ half an hour :spit: ) . Besides, tourism and tennis tournies are priority now.

But i miss home a lot :bigcry: :sobbing: It's ok while i'm out but that hotel room feels so lonely . and BBC channels are a crime :mad:

Don't be sad and lonely alfie :hug: And the BBC isn't that bad really - you get used to it :) Make the most of your time in England - talk to you later :wavey:

Saumon
06-17-2005, 09:55 PM
If you feel too lonely just take the eurostar :aplot: