who thinks andrew murray is annoying? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

who thinks andrew murray is annoying?

maryjane2
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I saw murrey play at queens and I wonder If I'm the only one that thinks he is annoying on the court.

*Ljubica*
06-15-2005, 10:22 AM
I saw murrey play at queens and I wonder If I'm the only one that thinks he is annoying on the court.

No - you're not -I can't stand him either. I loathe all the fist-pumping and attitude when an opponent makes a mistake - it's bad enough from someone good like Hewitt, but from a little kid like Murray I think it'is totally irritating and disrespectful.

Wulfram
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
No - you're not -I can't stand him either. I loathe all the fist-pumping and attitude when an opponent makes a mistake - it's bad enough from someone good like Hewitt, but from a little kid like Murray I think it'is totally irritating and disrespectful.

I have rather the opposite opinion. From a kid like Murray, who is competing against people ranked 300 places above him, I can forgive it as youthful exuberance. Hewitt, however, has been on the tour for yonks and basically done it all, so it makes me think he should grow up.

I hope Murray grows out of it quickly though.

Exodus
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
give him a break he is just trying to get some attention ya know

BelgianWaffle
06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
give him a break he is just trying to get some attention ya know

Yep, wimbledon is coming.. he is destined to be the next british hope.. poor guy is doomed :rolleyes:

Lucie
06-15-2005, 11:53 AM
I loathe all the fist-pumping and attitude when an opponent makes a mistake - it's bad enough from someone good like Hewitt, but from a little kid like Murray I think it'is totally irritating and disrespectful.

that is exactly what i was saying to my mum when i was watching the match!!

Every time Johansson hit a winner Murray reacted as if he had no right to do so and that it was always his own fault when johannsson won a point, it seemed as though he felt that the only reason johannsson was beating him was because murray was making silly mistakes, not the reality that johansonn is top 20 and a far better player

Yoel and co.
06-15-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw him in the doubles at David Cup (with Sherwood) vs Erlich & Ram. He was very motivated and actually inspired the team then.

I think the english crowd are just happy to have someone who shows emotions on the court (unlike UK #1) and also has lots of talent (unlike UK #2, aka the Grinning Gorilla). I personally hope he matures quickly...

Aleksa's Laydee
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
hes great...a little over the top at times but hey hes a kid! leave him alone!

buddyholly
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
lots of talent (unlike UK #2, aka the Grinning Gorilla).

Pray, how do you get to world #4 without talent?

Yoel and co.
06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Pray, how do you get to world #4 without talent?

Sorry, wasn't refering to Henman but to Greg :tape:

buddyholly
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry, wasn't refering to Henman but to Greg :tape:

I know you were referring to Greg. How do you get to world #4 without talent?

Yoel and co.
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Maybe I was underestimating him, but for a big guy with such a serve I feel that he underachieved (US finals notwithstanding). But that's my personal view and I can see why you think differently.

Julio1974
06-15-2005, 01:43 PM
When I watched Murray's match, I was so impressed by the English public. They were extremely respectful during all the match, despite Murray's attitudes.

LaPetiteSerbe
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I think in character that Murray is actually quite like Henman..they are both the kind of "reserve" in interviews and they also do the same attitude on court too.

Scotso
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
I like him.

DanEd
06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
He is overrated