Anybody going to the Wimbledon qualies? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anybody going to the Wimbledon qualies?

Geniey2g
06-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I know they're not at Wimbledon but Roehampton, but does anybody know if it's standing room only, or are there seats? I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

Via
06-14-2005, 11:58 PM
the website says it isn't open to the public??

Éowyn
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM
i was there monday yes they're open to the public it's free to get into! and it's the worst organised thing ever! they really can't sort themselves out they haven't got a clue matches were being moved from one court to the other the players didn't have a clue when they were likely to be called! james doubles game was delayed coz they couldn't find an umpire! the ball girls didn't have a dman clue what they were doing james looked like he was going to hit the girl doing his first match and aranud looked like he was going to kill someone if his match didn't start soon! was pretty funny!

Éowyn
06-15-2005, 12:04 AM
oh and yes it is technically standing but there is a huge pile of chairs in the pavillion you just take one and put it where you want! that they are actually organised on!

Lee
06-15-2005, 12:25 AM
I know they're not at Wimbledon but Roehampton, but does anybody know if it's standing room only, or are there seats? I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

May be these pix will provide you with some ideas what's it like.

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_qual3_aec.jpg

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_q01_ambient09_aeltc1.jpg

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_q01_umpires11_aeltc1.jpg

Fee
06-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Apparently, you can also bring your own chair. I read that somewhere today, but I've read so many articles and such I can't remember exactly where. Men's last round is on Thursday, should be some good matches.

Geniey2g
06-15-2005, 08:22 AM
lol! Sounds fun, thanks for the info everybody, and thanks for those pics, Lee. :D

James is actually the only reason I'm going :o so I'll give a little write up on the day when I return!!

Yoel and co.
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I was there on Monday and it was fun. Not as organised as last year, but nice atmosphere.

Today thought it seems that weather is really bad. Not sure if they will be able to play at all. You can see Wimby is getting closer - weather is truning to the worse :D

Geniey2g
06-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw James and Mark's match yesterday; you will not believe how close I was to the court! Anyway, They started well, but then started (inexplicably) making all these crazy mistakes; missing easy putaways. James's serve wasn't working particularly well, either, well actually, neither of their serves were :o

I took an obscene amount of photos and was even in a position to talk to James when he was walking back to the clubhouse, or whatever. But I got really shy and didn't say anything! Trust me, I've berated myself about this many times!

I am def. gonna buy some cheap wimbledon ground passes for next week, so I may see him again, and actually SAY SOMETHING this time!