Should ball kids be handling players towels? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Should ball kids be handling players towels?

uNIVERSE mAN
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I think this is quite disgusting, the towel should be the players own responsibility. Why should ball kids have to handle someone else's used towel it's unhygenic and repulsive. There seems to be way too much required of the ball kids that should in fact be the players own responsibility, i.e. disposing of their garbage for both food and equipment. I don't know when ball kids morphed from just that to being a personal maid service.

Seleshfan
06-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I think this is quite disgusting, the towel should be the players own responsibility. Why should ball kids have to handle someone else's used towel it's unhygenic and repulsive. There seems to be way too much required of the ball kids that should in fact be the players own responsibility, i.e. disposing of their garbage for both food and equipment. I don't know when ball kids morphed from just that to being a personal maid service.

That's not too bad, when compared to what the bathroom attendants have to do for these players.

BelgianWaffle
06-14-2005, 05:45 PM
unhygienic? sweat = water + electrolytes, it doesn't kill ya ;)

Neely
06-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes, they should.

Seleshfan
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Yes, they should.

I wouldn't mind the job for certain players. Hell I'd dry them off myself.

star
06-14-2005, 06:01 PM
The ball kids have always waited hand and foot on the players.

The only thing that is yucky is when the players blow their noses on the towels. :o

Seleshfan
06-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't mind the job for certain players. Hell I'd dry them off myself.

And NO Stepanek isn't one of them....

*julie*
06-14-2005, 06:04 PM
The only thing that is yucky is when the players blow their noses on the towels. :o

:lol: So true!

Seleshfan
06-14-2005, 06:09 PM

Which is why I think the tour should mandate players to remove their snot the way Agassi does. Firefighters have the stop drop and roll. The tour could have the "Hold, Blow, And Go." Simply "hold" the non-booger containing nostril, then "blow" really hard, then "go" on like you didn't just shoot your booger onto the court.

World Beater
06-14-2005, 06:21 PM
unhygienic? sweat = water + electrolytes, it doesn't kill ya ;)

If you put it that way, most bodily fluids arent harmful if the person is health. The same bodes for sweat.

buddyholly
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
This is another joke thread, right?

Seleshfan
06-14-2005, 06:26 PM
This is another joke thread, right?

No, not at all. If we can come to a consensus here, then the ITF has agreed make any necessary changes. The new joke thread is my

I Promise to Leave this Forum, If AlfonsoJose posts Naked Pictures of Himself

Lee
06-14-2005, 06:27 PM
If you saw what those kids handle with their bare hands in school or anywhere else, you'll find it's no big deal handling those towels. :shrug:

LaTenista
06-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Last year I saw player *** blow his nose into his towel repeatedly (at least once a game) and I really felt for the poor ball kid who had to handle it. Maybe they could get rubber gloves or have tissues available on court? Something has to give in my opinion.

Also, I witnessed another player *** completely lose it on court when the ball kid was being too slow to get his towel after he won the 2nd set. He lost the 3rd 6-0.

I heard there was a little girl there who was actually collecting used towels from the players.

***names have not been used b/c I like these players despite these behaviors

smarty06
06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
oh go on, who are they??

rofe
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I think it is absolutely degrading to make the ball kids handle used towels. I don't care if these kids handle something worse at school but on principle it is not right. Their primary function is to make sure that time is not lost when players need tennis balls to play the match and it should be limited to this function. Nowadays, you see them hold umbrellas over the player's head as well.

Thanks for bringing this disgusting practice to the forum's attention universe man ! :hatoff:

onewoman74
06-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I always thought the same thing...it's disgusting and I know I would not want that job...no matter how close you get to players. I can't stand germs!!!

star
06-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I always thought the same thing...it's disgusting and I know I would not want that job...no matter how close you get to players. I can't stand germs!!!

You're kind of out of luck because there are "germs" on everything. Everything you touch has germs on it. Millions and billions. :lol: :lol:

Lee
06-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I think it is absolutely degrading to make the ball kids handle used towels. I don't care if these kids handle something worse at school but on principle it is not right. Their primary function is to make sure that time is not lost when players need tennis balls to play the match and it should be limited to this function. Nowadays, you see them hold umbrellas over the player's head as well.

Thanks for bringing this disgusting practice to the forum's attention universe man ! :hatoff:

Handling towels to players also makes sure that time is not lost. Imagine how much longer between points if players have to walk to their seats to get their towels.

So, it's really degrading for people cleaning up the washrooms in restaurants, etc and the keepers in motels, hotels, etc to change bed sheets, vacuum the room,........ and doctors and nurses sewing up bloody wounds, and on and on...

Yes, I understand most of them wear gloves and if the ball kids feels they really need to wear gloves, I have no problem with that.

onewoman74
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
You're kind of out of luck because there are "germs" on everything. Everything you touch has germs on it. Millions and billions. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, your right about that!!! It's someones snot in a towel that doesn't appeal to me!!

nermo
06-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, i don't think this is a joke thread...honestly ..it's a good one and yes ..i 've always thought about these ball boys..and frankly i don't see any reason why should they handle players' towels..first :it's unhealthy..sweat is not onlywater and electrolytes..sweat is a way of body excretion ..second: there 're lots of players who use towels for more than sweat :rain: ...they use it to blow their noses.(and these are not electrolytes)..after eating and drinking it's completely unhealthy and is a way for transmitting m.o.. :devil: .

third:what is wrong with players dealing their own towels..and wasting time is not an excuse..it can be ruled by the umpire ..

i think its time to think more postively about ball boys :angel: ... not towel boys.. :angel:

rofe
06-14-2005, 08:29 PM
So, it's really degrading for people cleaning up the washrooms in restaurants, etc and the keepers in motels, hotels, etc to change bed sheets, vacuum the room,........ and doctors and nurses sewing up bloody wounds, and on and on...

Offcourse, it is degrading. Nobody in his or her right mind would derive enjoyment from doing something like that. I wish it could be eliminated but it can't since their livelihood depends on it.

For balls kids, it is a different story. The organizers can afford to pay them the same but have the players take charge of their towels. I don't buy the argument that it will save valueable time if the ball kids handle the towels. The towels can be and are always in the same place and it takes about 4-5 steps to retrieve it from the baseline.

savesthedizzle
06-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Offcourse, it is degrading. Nobody in his or her right mind would derive enjoyment from doing something like that. I wish it could be eliminated but it can't since their livelihood depends on it.

For balls kids, it is a different story. The organizers can afford to pay them the same but have the players take charge of their towels. I don't buy the argument that it will save valueable time if the ball kids handle the towels. The towels can be and are always in the same place and it takes about 4-5 steps to retrieve it from the baseline.

Considering many players go for the towel after every point, that means at least 4 trips to the towel per game, 24-48 trips to the towel per set, per player. It adds up.

Having a kid there to run up to them and hand it to them does save time. If the ball kids had a problem with it, they wouldn't volunteer to be ball kids anymore. Nobody is forcing them to do this. It's their own choice and they know what is expected of them when they try out to do it.

Turkeyballs Paco
06-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Or should ballkids be expected to help players wipe the clay off their asses? Wasn't it Stepanek that did this? I thought it was pretty funny. I would love to be the ballkid that helps wipe the court off Lleyton Hewitt's ass.

robinhood
06-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Does anyone care what the ballkids might be doing to the towels?
For all I know, they might be blowing THEIR nose into those towels and wiping their hands after touching balls that rolled on the ground where Agassi's snot may lie.

Aguante_el_Gato
06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I think that they shouldn't but not because an hygiene question, but by a question of respect or education. Is disagreeable to see as some players request and give back the
towel, to a boy who is making them a FAVOR, without making the minimum gesture of gratefulness (not even to a dog you could give a towel in the way which some of them do it - with all my respect to the dogs)
Loss of Time? For that there is a regulation that establishes the time between point
and point. The one that is not able to fulfill it, ... well he shouldn't use a towel between points.

allanah
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't think it's that unhygienic or that degrading otherwise surely the health authorities and the child protection agencies would've stepped in a while ago.

Speaking for myself, when I was a kid it would've been an absolute dream to handle anything that had been used/worn by one of my heroes. I think the ballkid perspective is likely to be closer to that than to feeling degraded. After all they do volunteer and they know what the job entails. It may even be a part of the job they look forward to.

Deboogle!.
06-14-2005, 09:23 PM
It's not like the ballkids are forced to be ballkids. They have to sign up and a lot of the time even try out and be selected. Surely they know what is involved with the job before they do it, so I'm sure the germophobes of the world just stay away ;)

PamV
06-14-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't think handling the towels is a big deal. If their immune system can't handle that then they should not volunteer. Germs are every where and a healthy person is not that affected.

joeb_uk
06-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Many of the players treat the ballkids like shit and expect them to be their servants. What is wrong with these retarded players who towel down every single point (when they have sweatbands lmao). Also you can tell the annoying players when they drop a ball 1 metre from their body and make the ball kid run over and get it. The players should be made to get their own towels, too many players over use it anyway to piss opponents off.

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
They should handle it! It's their job

tinuviel_estel
06-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Many of the players treat the ballkids like shit and expect them to be their servants. What is wrong with these retarded players who towel down every single point (when they have sweatbands lmao). Also you can tell the annoying players when they drop a ball 1 metre from their body and make the ball kid run over and get it. The players should be made to get their own towels, too many players over use it anyway to piss opponents off.
that one i really hate :(

Pea
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
If they had to handle cleaning up agassi's snotrockets, then I'd complain for them.;)

megadeth
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM
i think it is disgusting. i respect the players who take it upon themselves to hang their towel in the back court rather than just toss it to the ball kid.

on a side note, last year in Madrid Masters, when the tournament used models to serve as ball girls, it was quite funny that safin didn't want the girls touching his towel and he hung his towel himself every game... can't blame him, if you're gonna hit on these chicks, you don't want them to be holding your sweat! hehe!

Horatio Caine
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM

Ollie Rochus added that to his list of bad habits today. Spent 2 minutes blowing constantly while sitting down after his match vs Kim. Kim had made by the press centre by the time Ollie had wiped the last bit of snot out of his nostrils. :lol:

Still, he had an excuse - i think he had a cold or something. He had a nasty cough and it sounded like there was a lot of phlegm.

williaer
06-15-2005, 01:24 AM
i think it's their job. it's not like they have to hold it during the game or anything, the ballkids @ the AO just grab it and throw it behind the garnier signs anyway.

i tried out for ballkid this year for the AO, and i wouldnt mind holding andy's sweat towel :angel: or wiping him with it :angel: :angel: ;)

Kristen
06-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Still, he had an excuse - i think he had a cold or something. He had a nasty cough and it sounded like there was a lot of phlegm.
I hope kat sees this :) This could give him an excuse for chewing with his mouth open. :lol:

Kristen
06-15-2005, 02:11 AM
Many of the players treat the ballkids like shit and expect them to be their servants. What is wrong with these retarded players who towel down every single point (when they have sweatbands lmao). The players should be made to get their own towels, too many players over use it anyway to piss opponents off.
They should take a leaf out of Jürgen's book....
Use your shirt to towel down :hearts:
That way, there's no towel-touching involved, and the (girls in the) crowd will love it :haha:

PamV
06-15-2005, 04:32 AM
I think it's not a big deal because they have plenty of fresh towels it's not like the kids have to keep picking up the same towel through out an entire match. If a players gets one towel too wet or blows their nose into a towel, then the kid should just not touch the wet part of the towel and throw it away and pick up a fresh one. I don't think time should be wasted with the players putting their own towel away each time.

I don't see handling the towels as degrading. Imagine all the kids who have to work on farms cleaning out stalls. The ballkid work looks glamorous by comparison.

Another thing......most players just wipe sweat from their face or racquet when they towel off. It's not like they are spitting and blowing their noses into a towel every single time they ask for the towel. I think you'd get more germs from touching the average door knob than you would from a towel used by a player.

star
06-15-2005, 05:38 AM
I don't see handling the towels as degrading. Imagine all the kids who have to work on farms cleaning out stalls. The ballkid work looks glamorous by comparison.

I was thinking that if people get upset about a towel, they must never have worked around animals or put a worm on a hook or dug slugs out of a manure pile for bait, or basically had much fun getting dirty or squishing their toes in the mud. :)

Another thing......most players just wipe sweat from their face or racquet when they towel off. It's not like they are spitting and blowing their noses into a towel every single time they ask for the towel. I think you'd get more germs from touching the average door knob than you would from a towel used by a player.

:worship: germs are part of life..... and actually a necessary part of life. We need bacteria in our bodies to live healthily. I mean.... if you start getting too freaked out about it, you'll be Howard Hughes in no time. :lol:

Haute
06-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Aside from players blowing their noses in the towels, just how dirty do you think they are? lol It's not like anyone has ever gotten a deadly disease from touching someone's sweat. As long as the ball kids aren't out there licking the towels between points, I don't see how it's all that big of a deal.

deliveryman
06-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Where's the option, "Who gives a shit?"

Honestly.

HappyAndie
06-15-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm more concerned for the ballkids in regards to some of the ugly outfits they have to wear : ) (AKA, French Open--None of their outfits fit, and they were pretty ugly)

At least the US Open is going to have Ralph Lauren Ballkid outfits.

But honestly, have you seen some of the kids faces when the hand over the towels. It's priceless. You know they are thinking, "Oh my goodness, I just gave Marat Safin a towel!!!"

They're excited that they are doing it. Besides, you know they have to change the towels after they blow their noses into it. Does that player really want to wipe down their face with a snotty towel?

mandoura
06-15-2005, 08:03 AM
No, not at all. If we can come to a consensus here, then the ITF has agreed make any necessary changes. The new joke thread is my

I Promise to Leave this Forum, If AlfonsoJose posts Naked Pictures of Himself

:yeah: :haha: :haha:

wipeout
06-15-2005, 05:20 PM
And the players wonder why they catch things like colds and chicken pox... ;) :p

SanTaureau Fan
06-15-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't understand why there are people who work for free lol... If some people like to run after balls, handling players towels to get to be near players and get some free t-shirt, good for them, but imo every work should be paid at least the minimum wage, otherwise it's exploitation.

star
06-18-2005, 05:51 AM
Have you ever heard of "volunteer work?"

Lots of people work as volunteers and thank goodness they do. My community runs on volunteer work. We'd be in a lot of trouble if everyone expected to get paid for all the work they do.

Lee
06-18-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't understand why there are people who work for free lol... If some people like to run after balls, handling players towels to get to be near players and get some free t-shirt, good for them, but imo every work should be paid at least the minimum wage, otherwise it's exploitation.

You probably have never did any volunteer work in your life.

For me, I always feel great after doing volunteer work, much greater than getting paid. I can do something I love to do and at the same time being useful and helpful. Of course, I'm lucky that I can afford to work without getting paid that lots of people can't.

uNIVERSE mAN
06-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Have you ever heard of "volunteer work?"

Lots of people work as volunteers and thank goodness they do. My community runs on volunteer work. We'd be in a lot of trouble if everyone expected to get paid for all the work they do.

You're equating a world class commercial tennis tournament with tens of millions of dollars in revenue to a charity?

1sun
06-18-2005, 05:00 PM

their the player's bitches. they do woteva they are told! and so they should, its an honor for them to kiss the ground they walk on! at the end of the day they dont hav to do it, most of them do it coz its a dream for them.their happy,the players are happy,its all good!

tennischick
06-18-2005, 05:12 PM
You're equating a world class commercial tennis tournament with tens of millions of dollars in revenue to a charity?
no she's not and you know it.

"volunteer" does not have the same meaning in every context. a lot of top players were former ball-kids themselves -- like Federer. volunteering for some of these kids is a way to get close to and be inspired by some of their idols. i'm sure they don't give a moment's thought about having to handle a stinky towel. anyone that persnickety should not be a volunteer ;)

star
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM

uh.... no. I'm not talking about charity work at all. There's more to providing volunteer work than just charity work. My small town has a music festival - that presumably makes money for it's organizers who are from New York - that wouldn't be possible without volunteers. They each have their own reasons for volunteering, I'm sure, but nevertheless it helps our community as a whole. There are many, many other examples of people volunteering here that have nothing to do with charity work.

Practically all of the amenities we have in this town would be impossible without volunteers. If people had to be paid, we couldn't afford them. :)

star
06-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh, and by the way, almost all tennis tournaments depend heavily on volunteers, and not just the ball kids. There are volunteers at every level of a tennis tournament.

nermo
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
There's nothing wrong with volunteering...volunteering is always a good thing..but here, Ball kids are not volunteering for charity..they re doing it cuz they love tennis and love being close to their favorite players but..i guess we 're talking about a different issue...what's wrong with players dealing with their own towels..itdoesn't do them any wrong and in the same time ..it doesnot mean ball kids are liking tennis any less..i mean i may like someone..but it doesnot mean that i have to deal with his secretions to prove it!!!

and when u 're dealing with charity work..it's a different stuff..

Kat!
06-18-2005, 05:32 PM
I hope kat sees this :) This could give him an excuse for chewing with his mouth open. :lol:

:eek: I almost missed this thread.... lol.

but as a person who has allergies which requires me to blow my nose all the time, I do think using the towel for this purpose is a bit gross ;) they should just bring their own box of tissues, aloe vera ones if they prefer. Or keep a box next to the umpire chair. :cool:

Lee
06-18-2005, 07:35 PM
*sigh* wait until you volunteer to babysit children under 3 years old. Once you changed a toddler's diaper, handling towels like that is really no big deal. :rolleyes:

Saumon
06-18-2005, 07:52 PM
did i already tell you that i love that thread? :lol:

rofe
06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
*sigh* wait until you volunteer to babysit children under 3 years old. Once you changed a toddler's diaper, handling towels like that is really no big deal. :rolleyes:

Um, I have a kid and had to do my fair share of diaper changes but I would not exchange it with handling a player's sweaty towel. I would turn around your statement and say that handling stinky diapers is no big deal but handling player's towels sure is. Given my previous statement, you can imagine how strongly I feel about this issue because it is not about germs at all. So, I don't think you should try to generalize based on your unique experience. :rolleyes:

Lee
06-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Um, I have a kid and had to do my fair share of diaper changes but I would not exchange it with handling a player's sweaty towel. I would turn around your statement and say that handling stinky diapers is no big deal but handling player's towels sure is. Given my previous statement, you can imagine how strongly I feel about this issue because it is not about germs at all. So, I don't think you should try to generalize based on your unique experience. :rolleyes:

Have you changed diapers of someone else kids? Kids that you never know before and you don't know their mothers either? It's a total new experience for me even I had changed my son's diaper for 3 1/2 years. And I was not the only one there. There were other volunteers in babysitting since you need more than one adult in the group.

Daniel
06-19-2005, 01:13 AM
No

Lee
06-19-2005, 01:25 AM
No

I'm not asking you :devil:

Anyway, what I try to say is there are so many things in life that's a lot worse than handling sweaty towels for many children/teenages in this world (yes, not those highly protected, fully spoiled ones in developed countries), I really can't see what's the fuss about this.

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 02:29 PM
i am curious to know the average wage for the ballkids?

FrogBurger
06-20-2005, 02:36 PM
I think not. i saw a player - that i like very much - tool the kid around the court. kept berating for not keeping his eyes on the player for when he wanted the towel. it was sad and pathetic.

star
06-20-2005, 02:58 PM
i am curious to know the average wage for the ballkids?

Average wage is: an outfit, access to all the matches when not on duty and first dibs on autographs on the court they work. :)

Also, another perk is they get to run around all over the tennis grounds with little or no adult supervision. :)

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Average wage is: an outfit, access to all the matches when not on duty and first dibs on autographs on the court they work. :)

Also, another perk is they get to run around all over the tennis grounds with little or no adult supervision. :)
They should really get abit of cash, its a little unfair how they get treated like shit for nothing. Alot of the ballkids arent 8 year old kids that dont need money, quite a few tournaments i attend they seem to be around 15/16

star
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
They also get meals. I forgot that. :)

I think they get vouchers for the meals.

I think most of the bigger tournaments have a cut off of 10/11 as an age for ball kids. At the USO, the ball kids are pretty much adults. They have speed and other skill tests to choose them. But usually the ball kids seem to be young teens. Most of them appear to be pretty happy with what they are doing.

boliviana
06-20-2005, 09:39 PM
For USO, you have to be 14 yrs old and be able to throw the ball the length of the court several times in a row (only GS that requires that). Series of try-outs.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
they volunteered for this job, and if they didn't want to do it, they wouldn't volunteer.

joeb_uk
06-20-2005, 10:33 PM
they volunteered for this job, and if they didn't want to do it, they wouldn't volunteer.
in a few tournaments that isnt the case (some are taken from schools, where they are made to do it!).

Denise
06-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, they must hold the players' towers and also lick it... loL! j/k

alelysafina
06-20-2005, 11:49 PM
I would love to be a ball boy..well except for the boy part.... Maybe I could help with the players dry themsleves off in the locker room... :yeah:

-ernie-
06-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I would hold it, and i bet the ball boys dont mind, if i had a towel of a famous player i would frame it :)......not really :p but i would keep it.

joeb_uk
02-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Chatting to a girl today from uni, who is a ballgirl at wimbledon and she said they get paid 200£ for the 2 weeks! Not that much, but as she said, you dont do it really for the money.

Marat Safinator
02-20-2006, 10:24 PM
why the hell dont they use there sweatbands or shirts for there face, its stupid.

NATAS81
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
why the hell dont they use there sweatbands or shirts for there face, its stupid.
Probably because sometimes their shirt is soaked and wristband(s) as well.

I think it benefits kids to learn basic hygenics during matches :p

blosson
02-20-2006, 10:51 PM
The ball kids should handle the towels, they should wear gloves if they feel the towels are yuk.

sadhbh
02-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I would hate to hold the towels after a five set match (do they change the towels during a match?)

CentreCourt
02-21-2006, 01:55 AM

You're right. And the ball boys and girls should wear crash helmets in case they get hit by a ball.

peripheral
02-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Hmmm not quite sure how I feel about this... on one hand, I would definitely not want to be handling sweaty towels myself. However, as others have pointed out, presumably the kids knew that this was part of the deal and signed up for it anyway, so I would guess it doesn't bother them too much :shrug:

PaulieM
02-21-2006, 02:49 AM
it is pretty gross, especially the fact that so many players blow their noses with those towels as well. but then again how many times do you see kids and other fans go nuts trying to grab a sweaty wrist or headband in the crowd, and that's not much better in terms of nastiness.(i certainly tried to grab one in the crowd once but i mean seriously what the hell do you do with that afterwards?:() i do feel bad for them sometimes because i know there's no way in hell i'd want to touch those towels and put up with a lot of the nasty treatment they get from some players. it would be nice if players took the responsibility of tossing them on their chair or whatever and i'm sure it wouldn't slow down play all that much. maybe the kids could wear gloves or something of the sort, and i don't think a box of kleenex and a trash can on court would hurt either. i guess most importantly i just hope these kids have been taught some really good handwashing skills.

Corey Feldman
02-21-2006, 02:59 AM
forget the towels...
should players shake hands with Nadal after a match considering all the ass picking he does to himself :tape:

atheneglaukopis
02-21-2006, 03:29 AM
but then again how many times do you see kids and other fans go nuts trying to grab a sweaty wrist or headband in the crowd

That's a good point: you always see Federer, for example, throwing his wristband into the crowd after a match, and I know I've seen players run their wristbands across their noses. A thought is: do they change towels when the players change ends?

I ran across a humorously apropos Peanuts cartoon recently: http://www.comics.com/comics/peanuts/archive/peanuts-20060213.html . Not sure how well it translates, but I suppose it would make sense if the ballkids usually end up handling the opposite side of the towel that the player's face comes into contact with. *shrug*

The Pro
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I can't believe that YES is winning.

There must be a lot of french voters.

Ahahahahahahahaha...ha!

star
02-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Let's consider whether ball kids should touch door knobs, or touch the flush handle on public toilets, or eat food prepared in kiosks, or touch each other at all, or ever kiss someone deeply, or have sex (when they are old enough and with an appropriate committed partner) or kiss their parents, or hug anyone at all, or grow up to be doctors or nurses or veternarians or you know just breathe the air in an enclosed space in an over heated building the the U.S. northeast.

star
02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I can't believe that YES is winning.

There must be a lot of french voters.

Ahahahahahahahaha...ha!

Which is a nice compliment to off set the germ phobic Americans who voted no. :)

Peoples
02-21-2006, 02:22 PM
forget the towels...
should players shake hands with Nadal after a match considering all the ass picking he does to himself :tape:
That's a very good point. No way. :eek:

uNIVERSE mAN
02-21-2006, 03:20 PM
maybe that's why Nadal's a lefty, so he can use his right hand for his arse.