MARSEILLE!!!!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MARSEILLE!!!!!!!

esther
02-09-2003, 03:55 AM
The first important non-grandslam non-DC event of the year!! Let's hope everyone does really well here...even though unfortunately horse and arnaud can't defend their doubles title :( but i hope seb does especially well as it is HIS tourney...:p

lizabeth..*
02-09-2003, 04:51 AM
LOL....Horse...Esther you kill me. He's not that bad!!!
I do hope that the French boys do great. And maybe someone else...but Im sure you know who that is! Tee hee

Viva le France :D (is that right? it so isn't! LOL)

esther
02-09-2003, 05:41 AM
hehe yeah well u kill me too, liz ---its VivE lA france :p :D

i didn't say he was THAT bad...he just DOES look like a horse! i've been calling him that for ageeeees lol

lizabeth..*
02-09-2003, 05:52 AM
vive la france....ok

written it down...aint going to get it wrong again!

i have a question about escude. u think he looks like a horse. i think he looks like jesus? am i trippin or does ne one else see it?! LOL

esther
02-09-2003, 07:39 AM
LOL
i dont know what to say.
i guess a cross between jesus and a horse...lol

lizabeth..*
02-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Everyone thinks Im werid for thinking it. BUt like I danno...LOL

esther
02-09-2003, 08:37 AM
ohh i'm still laughing...
thats really a classic liz!

lizabeth..*
02-09-2003, 08:52 AM
I shall call him

'Ohh holy one'

Where are my rosery beads (i *know* i spelt it wrong again)

Lindsayfan
02-09-2003, 12:14 PM
poor Nico! :sad: if u keep insulting him,i fear that Marilyn wont write in this thread! :o

ALLEZ LES BLEUS! :D :D

lizabeth..*
02-09-2003, 10:04 PM
I wasn't insulting him. :( I like him. He's a sweetie...I just think he looks like Jesus thats all!

esther
02-10-2003, 12:35 AM
oh vale...
don't take it so seriously!! we're only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you know we both like him but we're just joking around...marilyn if you're annoyed with us, tell us but really don't read any more into it than neccessary!!!!!!!! Neway let's get down to business...Gasquet plays Lopez tonite...and uh Cyril Saulnier (is that the guy u sent me a pic of, liz?) Hanquez...(?)

hmmm...

lizabeth..*
02-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Gasquet has a touch draw if he wins his first round match. *sniffles* BUT GO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He plays tonite?! Ohh golly...is there a score board on the site?! I must watch!!!!!!!!!

No Esther....I sent you a pic of Cyril Mokaiesh...a French junior! *puurrss* LOL

Good luck Richard! :D

esther
02-10-2003, 05:16 AM
the only site i know that will have live scores is:
http://releaze.dk/enetpulse/?s=1&language=en

but its not point by point.

lizabeth..*
02-10-2003, 05:27 AM
THANK YOOOUUUUUU :kiss:

Who's not going to bed tonite?

ME :D

Lindsayfan
02-10-2003, 06:33 AM
well sorry if i dont have sense of humour...nevermind,i'm still too upset thinking that France will plays Switzerland in DC next round.
:sad:

lizabeth..*
02-10-2003, 09:03 AM
France will win! ;)

Marilyn
02-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Lindsayfan
poor Nico! :sad: if u keep insulting him,i fear that Marilyn wont write in this thread! :o

ALLEZ LES BLEUS! :D :D

:p
i think "the holy one" is good :o

Lindsayfan
02-10-2003, 10:07 PM
yes marilyn i agree! ;) btw Nico in person is very different than in tv,looks definetely better! :)

lizabeth..*
02-11-2003, 12:19 AM
RICHARD WOOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :D:D
Im so proud!!!!

I agree about Nico being even better in person too....but, I think they are all like that!!

Marilyn
02-11-2003, 04:48 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: well done richarrrrrrrrrrrrd!

esther
02-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Marilyn- do u mean the NAME 'the holy one' is good, or the PERSON...ie Nico if u didn't already know :p

Aww vale please don't be upset- really do hope we haven't offended you... :( :kiss:

Well done Gasquet :)

GROSJEAN AND SANTORO ARE PLAYIGN DOUBLES TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so shocked coz they haven't ever before have they?? i wonder how they go!!!!

lizabeth..*
02-11-2003, 05:48 AM
Oohhh Im still so happy he won! Usually...I get over it pretty qucikly...but its Richard....and hes only young, and hes kicking older guys asses....ooouuuuuiiiiii :D

Lindsayfan
02-11-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by esther

Aww vale please don't be upset- really do hope we haven't offended you... :( :kiss:

i'm not upset esther!i just said that Nico looks better in person!:p

esther
02-11-2003, 06:28 AM
hehe ok i'm happy then

Lindsayfan
02-11-2003, 06:45 AM
from yahoo.com

Highly regarded prospect Richard Gasquet reached his third career second round Monday at the Marseille Open.

The French wild card rallied past Feliciano Lopez of Spain, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 6-4, in the only main draw match Monday at the $475,000 indoor tennis event.

Last April, Gasquet made his ATP debut at the Tennis Masters Series event in Monte Carlo, where he received a wild card and became the youngest player ever to qualify for the main draw of the TMS tournament. He was 15 years, 10 months at the time.

The teenager also advanced to the second round at Adelaide last month.

Gasquet is just 3-7 on the circuit, but he captured two Futures titles and one Challenger crown last year. In addition, he finished 2002 as the No. 1 junior in the world after winning Roland Garros and the U.S. Open boys' titles and reaching the semifinals at the Australian Open.

Gasquet will play the winner of Wednesday's match between 2001 champion Yevgeny Kafelnikov of Russia and Olivier Rochus of Belgium.

"I am looking forward to possibly playing Yevgeny Kafelnikov in the next round. He was always one of my heroes growing up," he said. "I'm not hoping for anything special in this tournament. I have no expectations. All that I am hoping for is to play a good match, to play well."

Another former top-ranked junior, Roger Federer of Switzerland is the No. 1 seed this week. Federer won both his Davis Cup singles matches last weekend, including the fifth and deciding rubber to lift his country past the Netherlands and into the quarterfinals.

Second seed Jiri Novak also won both his Davis Cup singles matches, but the Czech Republic lost to Russia. He reached the quarterfinals at the Heineken Open last month but has lost his last two ATP matches.

Sebastien Grosjean, who led France past Romania this weekend, is seeded third, followed by Australian Open finalist Rainer Schuettler of Germany, Younes El Aynaoui of Morocco, Kafelnikov, Fabrice Santoro of France and Spain's Tommy Robredo.

Marilyn
02-11-2003, 11:30 AM
lol esther i mean the name :o
and the person too :p

Lindsayfan
02-11-2003, 08:30 PM
SEB/FAB b. El Ainaoui/Arazi 6-0 6-1 :eek: :D

Nico also won double with Zimonic (who? :p)

CONGRATS GUYS AND GOOD LUCK FOR SINGLES!

lizabeth..*
02-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Congrats to all of them!! :D

God is so early...why did they invent school?!

Lindsayfan
02-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SafinsBumMasseuse
God is so early...why did they invent school?!

LMAO :p so true!

lizabeth..*
02-11-2003, 11:13 PM
its not so bad now...i have one more class then i am freeeeeeee

for the day ne ways.... :)

esther
02-12-2003, 05:34 AM
hehe marilyn i'm happy u like that name...do u agree with it?? :p

i know...who the hell is Zimonic?!!! Thats like when arnaud played with a 'Woodruff' guy or something who i had never had heard of ever.

i'm so annoyed i was in my free and i checked the marseilles scores but then the internet stopped working so i couldn't do nething else :S but i was so happy that santoro and seb only lost ONE GAME!! ok so tomorrow...

Seb vs Calatrava
ESCUDE Nicolas vs NOVAK Jiri
SAULNIER Cyril vs SANTORO Fabrice
DUPUIS Anthony vs ANCIC Mario

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Good Luck Seb and The holy one :p :D

And I know it's the frenchies forum and slap me for saying this...go Mario. LOL

esther
02-12-2003, 06:02 AM
:) lol i'm glad 'the holy one' is gonna stick
yeah i hope they do as well in singles as they did in doubles

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 06:35 AM
Look what I found.....

:D:D:D

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Ooohhh and whats this?!

:D:D

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 06:40 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! Ok....2nd pic was like 1cm x 1cm...howd it get that big?! *licks screen*

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 06:41 AM
and just realised.....first pic isnt from Marsielle....damn him for always wearing yellow!!!!!!!!

esther
02-12-2003, 06:58 AM
LOL well done for finding them

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 07:18 AM
Hey hey hey....

Look whos a senior member now!!! :D

*feels big*

Lindsayfan
02-12-2003, 08:09 AM
yes Liz,he always wears yellow!also when i met him he wore yellow and i honestly dont like the Lacoste shirts..it's always the same shirt in different colours! :rolleyes: no originality!

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Ohhh tell me about it!! They need a new designer I think. They need some excitement in their range!!

esther
02-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey hey hey....

Look whos a senior member now!!! :D

*feels big*

LOL what was ur 100th post on?

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 10:31 AM
I don't remember?! LOL....Nothing overly exciting I know that! *sigh* Ohhh well....

Lindsayfan
02-12-2003, 10:33 AM
yes i think at 100 posts u become senior member..for me it was ages ago! LOL :p

Liz,well done with the signature! ;)

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Hehehe.....I still feel like a baby around here!!

Thanks for telling me bout my mistakes...I don't look like s much of an idiot now! :p :)

Marilyn
02-12-2003, 01:44 PM
hehe marilyn i'm happy u like that name...do u agree with it?? :p
:p I never met jesus :o
Richard will play O Rochus next round :) good luck
Seb just won :) 6-2 6-1 :eek:

Lindsayfan
02-12-2003, 04:46 PM
SEB!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20030212/sge.aht32.120203172921.photo00.default-384x367.jpg

lizabeth..*
02-12-2003, 10:24 PM
CONGRATS TO SEB!!! :D

And GOOD LUCK for my beautiful Richard!! :D:D :bounce: :bounce:

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Here ya go....

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 02:03 AM
*pets him*

No humping or licking this time Esther :p :angel:

Atleast he's not wearing those white shorts. Black looks so good on him :drool: :drool: :drool:

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 04:59 AM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID....

Grosjean:

"I started quickly and really took advantage from the start. I served well and really made sure that I put pressure on with my return game."

On playing in his hometown:

"I feel no extra pressure here at all, but it does make me more motivated to do well. I want to stand-out with my performance here."

Escude:

"There aren't so many tournaments in France so this is a special event for me. I'm playing well right now, but I haven't won a lot of matches, which is strange. But I feel like I'm playing strong and I just need to get some more matches under my belt to get my confidence going."

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Rochus about playing Richard Gasquet in the next round:

"I've seen him play before on television. I was impressed by his game. It will be a hard match just like this one today. The public will no doubt be behind him."

YA DAMN RIGHT THEY WILL BE!!!!!! (Calm Liz)

esther
02-13-2003, 05:27 AM
marilyn- lol @ u never meeting jesus before :p
liz...what is doing in that pic?? hehe oooh am i taming you?? lol

seb's hair's just getting longer and longer isn't it....:(

today:
Gasquet vs Rochus
Seb vs Kucera
Escude aka horse aka the holy one vs Ancic

i'm so surprised santoro lost...after his DC loss as well

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 05:32 AM
What is he doing? He's pumping his fist cos he gets to go out with me....

Nahhh I danno aye? Maybe just pumping his fist cos he won?! Beats me!!

Seb needs a hair cut! :)

esther
02-13-2003, 08:51 AM
yeah i know he needs a haircut...i wonder if he'll ever get one :(

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 09:21 AM
He's on my hair cut list now...along with Malisse and Federer. Moya was on there but he was smart and cut it!!! :D lol

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 10:58 AM

i'm so surprised santoro lost...after his DC loss as well

he lost in DC cos the saturday night they went to a disco and danced until 3 and a person who was there told me that santoro was a bit drunk and very excited! :p

Tryphon
02-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Yeah and in the middle of the night, Guy made a draw with some little "bread balls" to know which one of them - Seb, Nico and Fab, would not need to play on the Sunday, and Seb won. :D

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 11:06 AM
yes LOL!they must have been totally drunk! :p

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 09:08 PM
seb lost,richard retired for an injury.. :sad: what a bad day!
hopefully Nico will keep the french flag flying! ;)

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 09:16 PM
SO upset. :sad:

Seb lost?! I didn't see that! That is sad to, your right Vale....VERY sad/bad day!!!

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 09:19 PM
at least they won in double: Grosjean/Santoro b. Damm/Luxa 6-3 6-4

Liz,turn on Msn! ;)

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 09:21 PM
OMG!I've just read that Nico saved 4 match points vs Ancic! :eek:
so proud of you Nico! :kiss:

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 09:22 PM
I can't turn on MSN love :( Im at school and we cant use it here! LOL...

It was Ancic that saved the 4 match points :p

Lindsayfan
02-13-2003, 09:29 PM
It was Ancic that saved the 4 match points :p

sorry :o

lizabeth..*
02-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Heheheehhe....I want Mario to win, but I am not so sad cos it was the holy one who won. If it was someone else who beat him I would be very angry. LOL...Cannot get angry at the holy one!

esther
02-14-2003, 06:04 AM
LOL @ getting angry with the holy one...so you could get mad at SEB but not a HORSE?! whats the logic in that?!!!! lol

SUCH A BAD DAY...AND ITS VALENTINES DAY HERE TODAY AS WELL!!! :( :( :( i can't believe Seb lost...i really can't believe he lost second round to kucera who he beat just a few weeks ago...

awww and gasquet!!! i hope he'll be right soon!!! :(

i'm so disapoitned! i had such a good feeling about this tourney for seb.

lizabeth..*
02-14-2003, 06:08 AM
I cannot get mad at the holy one for that reason.

He is 'holy'

:p

esther
02-14-2003, 06:09 AM
lol u idiot :p

lizabeth..*
02-14-2003, 06:09 AM
*bows*

Tryphon
02-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Nico is a master at saving match points, now I understand why, that's holy protection. :D

Lindsayfan
02-14-2003, 01:17 PM
yes Tryphon is right.it was Nico to save 4 mp,not Ancic!

Lindsayfan
02-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Nico won!! :D :D :D
now he's in semi vs Bjorkman!Cadart said "i had Stefan Edberg in front off me today.Nico served very well,did volley very well,returned so good.." OMG what a compliment! :)

Lindsayfan
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Seb/Fab b.Hrbaty/Pala 4-6 6-1 6-2

wow Seb/Fab r taking it seriously...!

lizabeth..*
02-14-2003, 10:17 PM
U sure it was the holy one that saved 4 match points? Everywhere else is saying it was Mario?! Ohh well...
Good to hear he is in the semi and congrats to Seb and Fab too! :D:D

esther
02-15-2003, 12:28 AM
SEB AND SANTORO IN SEMIS!!!!! OMG I'M SO HAPPY!! :)

Marilyn
02-15-2003, 12:17 PM
:sad: Nico withdrew from singles and i think doubles too :sad:

Lindsayfan
02-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Nico said in his interview that his injury is due to Davis Cup training too hard.he said Guy asks them to practise too hard for DC and after that,they are all tired and/or injured.he added that Guy doesnt care about players's health but only about Davis Cup results. :eek: Tulasne (Grosjean's coach) said it's true that they practise harder than any team but it's this the key of their success in last few years and that a Davis Cup trophy is much more important than injuries.

No comment :rolleyes:

Marilyn
02-15-2003, 09:43 PM
i wonder what Seb and Fab and the other players think about that, there should be some reports soon i expect.

lizabeth..*
02-15-2003, 11:25 PM
:eek: :sad:

Thats terrbile. He was going to win too *sniffles*
Poor Holy One...
If that is true about Guy and the Davis Cup training, thats a bit harsh, but then again, it is true, they have been the best squad over the last couple of years! *sigh*

Lindsayfan
02-16-2003, 01:17 AM
few things i like to say and i'm sorry if someone will be hurted by my opinion,i cant help it.

1) as you know our players arent phenomenons,they arent Hewitt,Safin,Agassi,they are just good players...what it means?
it means that if you havent a huge talent,u need to practise more and more to be competitive!Safin goes out every night,he spends more time in the nightclubs than in a court,but if he wants he plays great tennis and beats anyone.that's cos God gave him talent.same for Agassi or Sampras or Kafelnikov just to name few!our players arent so talented,they will never win a Slam (maybe Gasquet will do),they will never become champs...so they r honest players and they need to practise a lot in order to beat great players.so if Escude beat Hewitt and Grosjean Roddick and Clement too,it's not cos Escude is better than Hewitt or Seb better than Andy..just cos they were super-in form and they did it.
Escude shouldnt complain about practising too hard..if he doesnt do it,he wouldnt win cos he isnt Edberg or Sampras.so their only key to win is to practise harder than others.if they dont,they wont win only with the talent.

2) it's very unfair to spit out in the dish where u have eaten.just to clarify a thing: DC in France is very well payed,they get more money than other players playing for other countries..Kafelnikov said that when he went to play DC vs Australia,he payed from himself also the trip!!instead frenchies get lots of money,so they dont play it just for the love that they have for France....

3) they definitely play too much...Escude plays his 4th tourney this year and he is committed also to Rotterdam,Dubai,IW and MIami.has he thought that his injury can come from playing too much?look at Hewitt or Agassi schedules: just 2 tourneys since the beginning of the year.it means: more quality,less quantity.instead our players committ to all tourneys..and where is the quality?oh no..if there isnt quality is a fault of DC!!!
or maybe now they think that winning an atp title is more prestigious than winning DC?cos being honest,as they cant win a Slam,after it there is only DC...Marseille,st petersburg,dubai or whatever u want isnt as much important as DC.only Slams are...but they cant win it.if they want anyway to play good in atp tourneys,then they have to rethink their schedules..and maybe take a week off after DC.

esther
02-16-2003, 03:29 AM
omg
i'm in shock!!!!
i dont know what to say...yeah i'm really anticipating what santoro and seb have to say about all this...Seb said after his loss that he was just too tired from DC and i can understand what you're saying Vale...but i mean does Guy have any say on which tourneys they play??? Like because of how he wants to experiment with doubles teams and all that, that may have an effect on their decisions to which tourneys they play and if they play both singles and doubles or just singles...He said that he doesnt want DC to determine his career but in other words he doesn't want GUY to determine his career, really, isn't it?? but then he can't have it both ways...he can't say DC is too tiring but then play it neway...

BUT then players have to be selfish sometimes and if he really thinks that it's interfering with his career he has the right to say whatever he thinks about him playing DC and if the training program shoudl be changed or whatever...

Does this mean that he's not going to play in the quarters?? What is he saying...? is he playing Rotterdam or not? What did Guy say??

But then how could he get to the SEMIS of both doubles and singles?!!! i can't understand that...

Lindsayfan
02-16-2003, 06:58 AM
...but i mean does Guy have any say on which tourneys they play???

nope he doesnt say which tourneys they have to play.i'm sure of this.and i'm sure he doesnt demand them to play double!indeed seb,arnaud or paulo rarely play it.Guy just says "if you have to play double,then play it with..." but if seb for instance doesnt want,he doesnt play.
You talk about their careers..but what they will do better without DC?u think that not playing DC will transform Escude in a top 5 or will help him to win more?I really doubt it.

esther
02-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Well i dunno, i mean the obvious answer would be to play less tourneys, but i'm sure that he's thought of that...i think that its weird that he said he doesnt want DC to interfere with his life coz yeah DC would mean so much to him but i dunno, the bottom line is if the players are happy and he said he spoke to seb and santoro as well and if they're not happy either, then maybe Guy may have to reconsider the training for DC...

Lindsayfan
02-16-2003, 08:41 AM
if they're not happy either, then maybe Guy may have to reconsider the training for DC...

if they change their training for DC,they will never win it again.the only way they have to win is to practise harder than others.

Marilyn
02-16-2003, 04:22 PM
well, i think this is more important atm:
Seb and Fab won the doubles title!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tryphon
02-16-2003, 06:59 PM
I think it's just bad timing that Marseille is just after DC. With one week rest between the 2 events, he probably would not have made such a comment.

Nicolas wants to play Marseille because that's in France and because he is good indoors but when his career is over, who will remember if he has ever won Marseille or not? People will remember him for having won the DC in 2001, that's for sure.

That's true that Seb got injured last year when playing the DC quarter final and it took him months to really recover but it could have happened in any other match...

And Fab, he has complained in the past about the calendar being overload but not specifically about DC.

Tryphon
02-16-2003, 07:01 PM
:bounce: And yeah, congratulations Seb and Fab ! :bounce:

Nice to see Sébastien back in action in doubles and he must be pleased to have won in his home tournament. :)

Marilyn
02-16-2003, 07:04 PM
oh well it seems to be Nico's own problem.

Coupe Davis, polémique: Escudé seul contre tous

MARSEILLE (AP) - La polémique déclenchée samedi par Nicolas Escudé concernant les trop gros efforts consentis selon lui en Coupe Davis n'ont pas trouvé d'échos auprès de ses camarades de l'équipe de France de tennis.

"Il a un peu dérapé", a déclaré dimanche soir Sébastien Grosjean à Marseille après son premier titre glané en double en compagnie de Fabrice Santoro. Les deux membres de l'équipe de France de Coupe Davis ont battu 6-1, 6-4 en finale de l'Open 13 la paire tchèque Tomas Cibulec-Pavel Vizner.

"Les propos de "Nico" me semblent excessifs. Il devait être déçu de ne pas pouvoir défendre ses chances ici à Marseille", a remarqué Fabrice Santoro.

Samedi, Nicolas Escudé avait déclaré forfait avant la demi-finale des simples du tournoi de Marseille qui devait l'opposer au Suédois Jonas Bjorkman, en raison d'une contracture à la cuisse droite. Cette blessure aurait pu être causée selon lui par le travail effectué la semaine précédente avant la rencontre Roumanie - France du premier tour de la Coupe Davis. "La Coupe Davis, c'est bien, je prends plaisir à la jouer, mais je ne veux pas que ce soit au détriment de ma carrière", avait-il dit. "Durant le stage de préparation de Bucarest, on a poussé la machine pratiquement "au max" alors qu'on est en pleine période de compétition. Ce ne sont pas forcément des choses à faire. Nous les joueurs, il faudra qu'on ait une réunion avec le staff pour éviter ce genre de pépins, parce que ce n'est pas la première fois et qu'on commence à en avoir marre".

Fabrice Santoro s'est désolidarisé de cette globalisation. "Il a dit "on en a marre", mais ça doit être son entraîneur et lui. Je n'étais pas dans l'affaire", a souligné le pilier vétéran de l'équipe de France. "La Coupe Davis lui a énormément apporté par le passé. Je me souviens d'un week-end à Melbourne en 2001 où il avait été extraordinaire. S'il avait joué son meilleur tennis lors de cette épreuve, c'est qu'il était bien préparé. On ne va pas lui en tenir rigueur".

Thierry Tulasne, l'ex-entraîneur de l'équipe de France devenu le préparateur particulier de Sébastien Grosjean, ne comprend pas la sortie d'Escudé. "Les joueurs français ont bâti leur réputation et leur notoriété avec la Coupe Davis. Ils n'ont pas gagné de tournoi du Grand Chelem", remarque-t-il. "Demandez aux fanatiques de tennis ce qui ressort de la carrière de Nicolas Escudé. Ils citeront la fabuleuse finale de Coupe Davis remportée en Australie lorsque Nicolas avait remporté ses deux simples sur gazon, dont un en battant le numéro 1 mondial Lleyton Hewitt".

La France reste sur huit victoires lors de ses neuf derniers matches de Coupe Davis, et demeure sur un titre et une finale disputée dans la prestigieuse épreuve. Sa victoire face à la Roumanie la semaine dernière l'a propulsée en quart de finale et elle y a affrontera la Suisse en France du 2 au 4 avril.

Guy Forget, le capitaine de l'équipe de France de Coupe Davis, était injoignable dimanche.

"Il faut se calmer et essayer de bien se reconcentrer pour ce quart de finale contre la Suisse", a déclaré Grosjean. "J'ai envie que tout fonctionne très bien au sein du "groupe France". Ca a été notre force depuis trois-quatre ans. Il faut être solidaires. On va tous discuter ensemble, on va régler le problème. Ca n'ira pas plus loin".

Demi-finaliste de l'Open d'Australie en 1998, Escudé reste sur une récente blessure aux abdominaux après Wimbledon, qui l'avait contraint à trois mois d'arrêts. La semaine prochaine, il doit défendre 200 points ATP au tournoi de Rotterdam dont il est tenant du titre.

"La Coupe Davis laisse des traces. On a beau essayer d'arrondir les angles, il y a un moment où on ne peut plus", avait déclaré samedi Nicolas Escudé. Sans doute sous le coup de "la déception", comme l'a relevé Santoro, de ne pas pouvoir véritablement défendre ses chances à Marseille. AP

sal/cov/jlc

Lindsayfan
02-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Marilyn

Thierry Tulasne, l'ex-entraîneur de l'équipe de France devenu le préparateur particulier de Sébastien Grosjean, ne comprend pas la sortie d'Escudé. "Les joueurs français ont bâti leur réputation et leur notoriété avec la Coupe Davis. Ils n'ont pas gagné de tournoi du Grand Chelem", remarque-t-il. "Demandez aux fanatiques de tennis ce qui ressort de la carrière de Nicolas Escudé. Ils citeront la fabuleuse finale de Coupe Davis remportée en Australie lorsque Nicolas avait remporté ses deux simples sur gazon, dont un en battant le numéro 1 mondial Lleyton Hewitt".

Tulasne said it with the best words...hopefully this polemic will end soon.Happy to see other players havent the same opinion of Nico! :angel:

lizabeth..*
02-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Congrats to Seb and Fab!!

Thats great! :D :bounce:

esther
02-17-2003, 02:27 AM
OMG I'M SO HAPPY THEY WON THE DOUBLES!!
CONGRATS TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY...if DC was that draining how could they win the doubles?? santoro has already won 2 doubles title this year to date!! :)