PLEASE! ;)

TheBoiledEgg
07-24-2002, 02:26 PM
don't get lost ;)

TennisHack
07-25-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Does anyone have any tips?

Stay away from the young Americans when they are walking around the grounds. I hear they have killer teenybopper posses :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-25-2002, 01:25 AM
You'll have to find your way there HItman, but sure ;)

You ARE me, remember? ;)

OMG @ the tennie bopper posse's :o

Oh well I guess that I will just have to stalk the Spaniards then. Tis a shame :o

Leo7
07-31-2002, 03:20 PM
listen carefully: DON'T BUY FOOD FROM THE FOOD COURT! it's way too expensive. so you can either waste your money, bring your own food, or starve to death like i did last year!

oh, and if you have crappy nosebleed seats like i did, make sure to stay very alert and move down when you spot the first seat that is open!:D just don't let the officials see you do this!

lurker
08-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Lucky you Rebecca!!! I went for the first time last year and I wish someone had told me these things:

1. Second Monday is fourth round matches...best day to have Arthur Ashe tickets!! Of course, even a grounds pass is good that day.

2. The night matches really are the best. Bring a windbreaker and warm clothes.

3. For day matches, don't forget to put sunscreen on your feet if you wear sandals or open-toed shoes!!! It goes without saying, don't forget the sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat if you don't want to be looking like a tomato.

4. Bring your own food and drink in a large tote bag. And don't forget the extra sunscreen.

5. If you can afford to do it, pay for the closer seats on Arthur Ashe. The other courts, it doesn't really matter.

6.. Did I mention sunscreen?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hurley
08-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Last year, tickets for the nosebleeds in Ashe were actually CHEAPER than grounds passes...so you get access to Ashe in addition to all of the matches you would be able to see with a GP for less money! I wonder if the USTA morons figured that out for this year....

But yeah...bring your own food and drink. That is pivotal.

It also wouldn't hurt to have bug spray since our mosquitos have been carrying that super West Nile virus for a couple years now.

Anyway, I'll be there as always...hope to see a lot of you there! :)

TheBoiledEgg
08-04-2002, 01:48 PM
watching tennis a mile high up is rather pointless

are you allowed back packs at the US Open ( i know some US events have banned them)

Chloe le Bopper
08-04-2002, 02:27 PM
My friend checked, and just a grounds pass was quite a bit cheaper for us. Enough that it is what we got :o

Most of my faves won't be on Ashe anyhow - and Caroline will be able to see Roddick and Agassi for the night matches likey, since we're getting night tickets from someone.

I hope you can bring a back pack :o I should call them and ask!

Hurley
08-05-2002, 02:50 AM
I have always brought in a backpack...

...but this is the first US Open post-9/11. I still think they will be allowed in.

Every year I've never been stopped from bringing in anything short of stereo systems and explosives. I always bring in three things of Gatorade, sandwiches, cameras, a Discman, obnoxious younger cousins (and if they let them in they'll let in anything; they spent all of last year's qualies ogling Nathalie Vierin, little pervs)...things may be tighter this year but I don't expect much of a change.