Boodle and Dunthorne Champions' Callenge [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Boodle and Dunthorne Champions' Callenge

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
http://www.thechampionschallenge.com/flash/index.htm

This very popular Wimbledon warm-up exhibition tournament starts on Tuesday 14th June at the Stoke Park County Club - which also happens to be my local club which is very convenient ;)

It is played in a round-robin format which guarantees all 8 players at least 3 matches on grass. The field this year is:-

Marat Safin
David Nalbandian
Joachim Johansson
Fernando Gonzalez
Greg Rusedsi
Radek Stepanek
Nikolay Davydenko
Thomas Enqvist

There will also be exhibition matches throughiut the week involving Tim Henman, Andy Roddick and Goran Ivanisevic amongst others, and they usually have some British TV personalities playing as well. Last year Maria Sharapova played an exhibition match there, and quite a few of the WTA girls use the courts to practice during the week.

I am going there every day from tomorrow until the finals on Saturday and will try to keep people up-dated if anyone is interested.

jazz_girl
06-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Have fun Rosie!!! :wavey:

gooner88
06-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Vamos Nalbo. :yeah:
I want you to be on your best behaviour this week ;)
Have fun and enjoy yourself Rosie :wavey:

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Vamos Nalbo. :yeah:
I want you to be on your best behaviour this week ;)
Have fun and enjoy yourself Rosie :wavey:

He won't dare be anything else with me there gooner :devil: Remember I wasn't in Halle - and that explains a lot!!!!!!

gooner88
06-13-2005, 08:04 PM
He won't dare be anything else with me there gooner :devil: Remember I wasn't in Halle - and that explains a lot!!!!!!

You go girl, keep Nalbo in check. ;)
Any idea on who he's playing first?

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 08:33 PM
You go girl, keep Nalbo in check. ;)
Any idea on who he's playing first?

"Pim Pim" Johansson - supposedly on Wednesday, but weather forecast is bad for Wednesday so it might end up being Thursday.

jazz_girl
06-14-2005, 01:02 AM
If he behaves badly, just put him on the corner and tell him no rally for a week! I'm sure he'll be better that way :lol:

cobalt60
06-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Have a great time Rosie! And thank you so much for posting here about this! You are our eyes ( even if I am jealous ;)

Let us know who you see, how the matches are and use your best disciplinary tone if you need to. I could try and teach you but I don't know how well it works( LOL- it doesn't on my hubby and kids anyway :p

And don't tell me rain in England already? :D

olimpo
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Fernando González def. Nikolay Davydenko 6-7(7) 6-4 6-4 :yeah:

*Ljubica*
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Have a great time Rosie! And thank you so much for posting here about this! You are our eyes ( even if I am jealous ;)

Let us know who you see, how the matches are and use your best disciplinary tone if you need to. I could try and teach you but I don't know how well it works( LOL- it doesn't on my hubby and kids anyway :p

And don't tell me rain in England already? :D

I've written my report of Fernando's match over in his Forum. Truth be told I didn't bother with Rusedski - the Bar was more appealing ;)

des li
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
What happens to Marat? Is he still playing as I don't see his name on the schedule??? Is he quited due to knee injured? :confused:

*Ljubica*
06-16-2005, 08:53 AM
What happens to Marat? Is he still playing as I don't see his name on the schedule??? Is he quited due to knee injured? :confused:

No, Marat is still in the draw. although truth to say I've been there every day so far and I haven't seen him around or practising at all :sad: Maybe he is practising somewhere else?

As for putting David in a corner Jazz - well he did lose to Pim-Pim yesterday, but I don't think taking a good grass court player like him to 14-16 in a final set tie break is a bad result................I was actually really proud of David,- so he can play with his rally cars a bit longer if he wants :angel:

olimpo
06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Fernando González def. Nikolay Davydenko 6-3 6-2 (Davydenko replaced injured J.Johansson)

:woohoo:

Fernando will play in the final on Saturday against the winner of G. Rusedski vs. M. Safin or T. Enqvist

*Viva Chile*
06-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Fernando González def. Nikolay Davydenko 6-3 6-2 (Davydenko replaced injured J.Johansson)

:woohoo:

Fernando will play in the final on Saturday against the winner of G. Rusedski vs. M. Safin or T. Enqvist

He played against Davydenko again???? :eek:

Björki
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
what's with Pim Pim? injured? I hope not.

*Ljubica*
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Pim-Pim is supposed to have a viral infection, and pulled out as a precaution with Wimbledon so close. Don't think ot is anything to worry about though.

Btw - to anyone that is interested - David beat Pat Cash in their match 7-6(7-1), 6-1. Sorry I didn't stay for all of Marat's match - I was cold and tired and need to get home :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Order of Play - Fridau

Black/Ullyett v Bryan/Bryan
Rusedski v Enqvist
One more match to be confirmed

Marat lost to Enqvist yesterday 3-6, 4-6 and will not play today as he is said to have got a "slight knock"and wants to rest.

olimpo
06-17-2005, 08:08 PM
ORDER OF PLAY - SATURDAY 18 JUNE 2005

ACE GROUP PRESS RELEASE, 18/06/05

SATURDAY 18 JUNE 2005

2.15PM – FINAL:
G. RUSEDSKI (GBR)
V
F. GONZALEZ (CHI)

FOLLOWED BY EXHIBITION:
D. NALBANDIAN (ARG)
V
J. TIPSAREVIC (SCG)

FOLLOWED BY EXHIBITION LADIES:
TBC

Vamos Fernando!!! :bigclap:

*Ljubica*
06-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes - Vamos Fernando :) I guess I'll be the only Brit in the audience not cheering for Greg - but - hey - it's boring to fit in with the crowd all the time!

Fergie
06-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Fernando won 7-6 7-6! :banana:

Björki
06-19-2005, 08:51 AM
well done Fernando :bounce:

croat123
06-19-2005, 01:52 PM
does anyone know the result of the sprem vs. kutusova exo?