what were your happiest and saddest moments at wimbledon?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

what were your happiest and saddest moments at wimbledon??

nermo
06-13-2005, 09:05 AM
discuss...when were you happy and when were you sad??

I thought that needed an update..it was realllly exciting to read some posts now after the whole thing was gone..i thought may be u'd like to join it with me too... ;)

Neely
06-13-2005, 09:10 AM
happy: when the tournament finally starts, whenever I can watch some good matches
sad: if Kiefer, Schüttler & Co lose

robinhood
06-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Happiest -- Of course when Rog defends the title
Saddest -- If he doesn't

Kristen
06-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Happiest: SEEING tennis again. I was talking to my mother on the phone today and suddenly I yelled "shhh! Wimbledon...ad...on tv....." I saw toJo! but, I also saw Hewitt and Philippoussis. Damn.

Second happiest: When Lleyton is out.

Saddest: When the majority of my guys lose first/second round!?

williaer
06-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Happiest: andy winning
Saddest: andre losing before the quarters

nermo
06-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Second happiest: When Lleyton is out. posted by Bjorkman-girl

:)
..'ll it be the first saddest if Lieyton captures the title?? ;)

margaret_gn
06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Happiest: SEEING tennis again. I was talking to my mother on the phone today and suddenly I yelled "shhh! Wimbledon...ad...on tv....." I saw toJo! but, I also saw Hewitt and Philippoussis. Damn.

Second happiest: When Lleyton is out.

Saddest: When the majority of my guys lose first/second round!?

Oh I WANT to see this ad!!!

Happiest: same, basically seeing live tennis on tv again... looking forward to many late nights (wimbledon HAS to start exactly when my exams are doesn't it!)

Saddest: when it ends... meaning i have to wait another 2 months before US Open starts for me to see any tennis on tv...

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Happiest: When this shit finaly's over!
Saddest: When it start's ;) it's boring

nermo
06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
You don't like Wimbledon...?? :scratch: Federer-express

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-13-2005, 11:19 AM
no! It's to easy for fed, i want to see him fight and not just winnnnnnig like he want's to...

nermo
06-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, you never know when surprises 'll come..and then 'll we be able to adapt them..??

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I hate grass! shitty game, serve&volley all the time...

Billy Moonshine
06-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Happiest: When one of my faves wins
Saddest: when it ends

Kristen
06-13-2005, 12:23 PM
the first saddest if Lleyton captures the title?? ;)

haha if that's the case, I won't be watching the match ;) Of course, I may disappear from mtf for a little while to avoid hearing all the Potato lovers... :tape: :lol:

RodLo
06-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Happiest: Watching some good tennis on TV again....and of course seeing Roddick hoist that Wimbly trophy above his head. ;)

Saddest: If Agassi loses early on, if Roddick loses before the finals, and when it's all over and we're back to square one....with NO tennis on TV :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM

My thoughts exactly :yeah:

World Beater
06-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Federer has handed out enough b-day presents. Its time for him to treat himself.

Happy: Fed defeats Rod/Saf/Hew in a five set thrilla to show he can be at his best when the pressure is on.
Sad: Fed leaves empty handed

Papakori
06-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Happiest: When Ivo, Karol, Igor and Tojo win some matches!

Saddest When they lose, (If one of them does!)

connectolove
06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Happiest : Seeing Rafa doing well on grass & advancing to the final :bounce: :banana: :woohoo:

Saddest : Seeing Rafa on his knees begging for the match to end... :sad: :bigcry: :hysteric:

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Happiest : Seeing Rafa doing well on grass & advancing to the final :bounce: :banana: :woohoo:

Saddest : Seeing Rafa on his knees begging for the match to end... :sad: :bigcry: :hysteric:

Somehow I can't see Rafa on his knees to anyone or anything - he is too proud and strong for that!

VingaRafel
06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Happiest: when Roger, or Lleyton or Marat win (if they win) :banana:
Saddest: when Rafa loses (and I know he will at one point) :sad:

connectolove
06-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I express myself wrong...seeing him on his knees, because he fell and he is not doing well...

Rafa " Shit, I am not doing too well...please GOD, I hope this ends soon!"

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I express myself wrong...seeing him on his knees, because he fell and he is not doing well...

Rafa " Shit, I am not doing too well...please GOD, I hope this ends soon!"

Oh - OK - I understand now. Maybe he will surprise you and win the whole,thing - he is more than capable I think - if not this year then sometime in the near future :)

Exodus
06-13-2005, 05:05 PM
happiest:

1. Safin winning the whole thing
2. Hewitt, Roddick and Nadal all goes out in the first round LOL

Saddest:

Safin out in the first round
Roger left empty handed

Corey Feldman
06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
same its been for the last 2 years
Happy: Federer winning it
sad: Henman's horrible blow in the Qf's

rofe
06-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Happiest:
Roger making it a threepeat! :worship:
Roger playing better than he did in the FO semis.
Sania Mirza making it to the 4th round.

Saddest:
Safin not making the quarters.
Roger leaving empty handed.
Sania eliminated in the first round.

Skyward
06-13-2005, 05:30 PM
The saddest part is the same every year- http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif and the schedule mess it causes.

jtipson
06-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Happiest: Being there for the final
Saddest: Not having Centre Court tickets

*Ljubica*
06-13-2005, 05:34 PM
The saddest part is the same every year- http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif and the schedule mess it causes.

That cloud deserves a GoodRep :yeah: We certainly have plenty of them about here today - getting fit and ready for Wimbledon I guess :rolleyes:

rofe
06-13-2005, 05:35 PM

Yeah, but that is what separates the men from the boys... ;)

superpinkone37
06-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Happiest: Like people have been saying, when it finally starts! I can't wait to see some good tennis again...and luckily for me anyways, I will be out of school this Wednesday so by Wimby, I can watch all the tennis I want and not have to worry about school work, going to school, etc. :) Of course, seeing Andy, Marat, and Rafa doing well will make me happy too. :p

Saddest: Seeing my faves lose. Also, I hate getting up at 5am to watch tennis only to see that it is raining :(

Deivid23
06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Happiest: If Nadal or Verdasco (this is highly unlikely, he will need more time to recover from his loss at RG) manage to go deep in the draw (4th round would be nice)
Of course, when LaLo loses against 100th of the world also would do fine for me.

Saddest: I don´t think there will be any here for me. It would be a bit dissapointing if there´s no breakthrough player that can produce some nice upsets though.

lilfairyprincess
06-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Happiest: Federer giving someone else a turn at winning (Andy..Marat..Rafael :D )

Saddest:

All my favs losing in the first week cos I don't finish my exams until the second week so that will mean that i'll miss most of their matches :crying2:

The :rain: rain :rain: suspending play as usual and bein forced to listen to borin bbc commentators talk abt how amazing andrew murray is :yawn:

or worse.... being subjected to sue barker flirting with andy roddick- like during Queens...E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-I-N-G!!

Kristen
06-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Also, I hate getting up at 5am to watch tennis only to see that it is raining :(

OMFG. I wish I had your problem. Over here our coverage ENDS around that time :rolleyes::tape:

Fedex
06-14-2005, 02:51 AM
GWH?? ;) :lol: :p

tennis4eva
06-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Happiest:When Jurgen Melzer doesn't loose in the first round :tape:
Saddest:When there are no argentines, austrians or spaniards left in the draw.... :sad:

ugotlobbed
06-14-2005, 06:15 AM
federer wins again, sad when federer loses

mandoura
06-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Saddest if Roger loses. If he does (please God, no) then I guess the happiest moment will be if Timmy wins it.

Auscon
06-14-2005, 06:26 AM
OMFG. I wish I had your problem. Over here our coverage ENDS around that time :rolleyes::tape:

for once it pays to be a couple of hours behind the eastern states :)

still, at least we're getting coverage of it, unlike RG

doubt i'll be able to stay up for it each night, so I'll be investing in some 4hr+ blank tapes

oneandonlyhsn
06-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Happiest: Roger and Justine winning the whole damn thing with awesome display of tennis :worship:
Happy: Marat beating Roddick, and wining the tropy :D
Saddest: Seeing Roddick lift the trophy :sad:

morningglory
06-14-2005, 03:22 PM
:rocker: Andy or Safin and Sharapova or Serena win
:bigclap: Fair weather day with my faves advancing
:yippee: Hewitt and Nadal get punished by a gutsy and offensive opponent
:) JCF finally gets his break on grass
;) Andreev, Youzhny, Johanssons, Ancic, Ivo and my lesser faves winning
:( Clay court player, save JCF, advance by cowardly sitting behind the baseline awaiting errors
:mad: Whenever there's a DF
:sad: Nadal or Hewitt winning

NATAS81
06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Happiest : Pim beats Roger on his B-day July 1

Saddest: Pim beats Roddick in final who is my other fave.

kim-fan
06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Saddest:

All my favs losing in the first week cos I don't finish my exams until the second week so that will mean that i'll miss most of their matches :crying2:

yup, same here

happiest: if lleyton wins the whole thing

Aleksa's Laydee
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Happy: When Jonas/Max win the mens doubles final and i'l be there to see it :yippee:

Sad: if Jonas/Max dont win wimbie, when the brits lose (round 1) and when the rest of my favs lose :sobbing:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
pim pim pulled out, i think....
i heared something on tv.... not sure
the commentator told something's wrong with his feet:confused:

Marine
06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Best memories: Finals 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 :)
(I don't remember the 93/94's ones)

nermo
06-14-2005, 09:01 PM
pim pim pulled out, i think....
i heared something on tv.... not sure
the commentator told something's wrong with his feetposted by Federer-express

Is this True?? :confused:

JonBcn
06-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Happiest: actually managing to get some seats at that bar near court 6.
Saddest: having to watch tennis with a hangover.

nermo
06-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't remember the 93/94's ones posted by marine

Marine..how re they your best memories when you don't remember them..??
anyways..i am bad at recalling history myself..

nermo
06-14-2005, 09:06 PM
actually managing to get some seats at that bar near court 6 posted by JonBcn

Forgive my ignorance. :silly: .but why court six specifically?? :confused:

PamV
06-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Saddest -- If he doesn't

I would agree with that!

nermo
06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by robinhood
Saddest -- If he doesn't posted by PamV

me too...but i always have Plan B..for happiest and saddest.. ;) Haven't you??

missbungle
06-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Happiest - if Andy Roddick wins
Saddest - if Roger wins again :o

Mimi
06-15-2005, 06:39 AM
happiest: the poor Mark P or little ancic or nadal won, if henman wins, also happy for him although i am not very fond of him ;)

oz_boz
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I normally root for my compatriots and Federer. But I'd be most happy if Henman wins (he won't) and annoyed if Roddick wins. The biggest laugh would be if O. Rochus beats Karlovic (who has taken out Roddick, Federer, Henman and Ancic) 3-0 in the final, ending the mp with a perfect topspin lob.

Puschkin
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Due to circumstances, I did not see much of Wimbledon 2003 and 2004. Therefore, I'd be most happy to whitness a repetition on the mens' side.

I'd be sad, however, if 2004 will be repeated for the women.

Clara Bow
06-15-2005, 11:04 PM
A number of things would make me happy :D :

* Henman winning the whole darn thing (not going to happen I know but I think it would be just marvelous)
* Federer to repeat
* Roddick to have a great showing
* Nadal to make it to the second week and show that he can adapt to the surface. Would like for him to take another "clay courter" with him into the second week to show that just because a player's strongest surface is clay, that does not mean that that is the only surface that they can have success. JCF would be good since he really seems to want to do well on other surfaces. Coria was also so cute and happy last year when he won his first round match so wouldn't mind seeing him string together some wins.
* Nalby to get his head and heart back into the game and have a good showing
* Hewitt to show that he is recovered from his injuries and play well
* James Blake to have some clutch wins and/or close out matches
* For this to be Marcos Baghdatis' break out slam where he makes it to at least the 4th round
* Would like for Marat to show what he can really do there

I have realized that I like too many players because I want a lot of them to do well/win so in order for Player That I Like A to do well, that will have to be at the expense of Player That I Like B. That leads nicely to

Things that will make me sad :sad: :
* When any of my faves lose
* Rain delays
* If the semis and final don't Tivo properly. (We will be visiting friends in Chicago for the July 4th holiday weekend so I will be very far away from Tivo and really won't be able to watch any of the matches live that weekend.)
* If the final is really one sided and/or kinda boring

nermo
07-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Thought that needed an update now..it was reallly interesting to read some posts now after the whole thing has ended..i thought may be u'd like to share it with me too... ;)

Discuss, when were ur happiest and saddest moments at wimbledon ?

Kristen
07-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Bittersweet - Woodie retiring.
Happy - Having Jonas do so well in doubs and mixed.
- Alexander Popp being home again :)
Sad - CORIA :tape: df Melzer. I guess it was more "WTF!?" than sad.

Iheartandy&roger
07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Happiest:Masha getting mashed in the Semis
Andy Getting to the finals
Rogi winning his 3rd straight title
The post-match interviews (Andy's in particular)
The Andy-Rogi final match up again!

Saddest:Andy losing in the finals
THE RAIN!