ok so i just got back from vacation someone fill me in [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ok so i just got back from vacation someone fill me in

ugotlobbed
06-13-2005, 04:38 AM
nadal lost 1st round, FO brunout? federer safin rematch? wow.....please fill me in

robinhood
06-13-2005, 04:42 AM
:secret: Nadal lost in the first round of Halle partially due to fatigue. minor injury, and lack of preparation, but his opponent played well enough to beat him. Marat survived several close matches despite the knee injury and reached the final where he faced Fed. The match was close, but of course Roger won his 20th straight final in three sets. Both of them also happened to reach the doubles final as well, which was won by Federer and Allegro. Marat had teamed with Joachim Johansson.

Chloe le Bopper
06-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Nadal lost on grass to Waske because he sucks on grass. We know this because somebody somewhere said so and he didn't win Halle, so it must be true.

Safin reached the finals of Halle because he is the new grasscourt king - one of the top ten grasscourters on tour, easily.

Auscon
06-13-2005, 04:54 AM
Rafa tired + not the greatest grasscourter (yet)

Safin v Fed rematch = great news, simply because of how close Safin managed to keep it, it may urge him to put up a competitive showing at Wimbledon