Interesting Safin Quotes After Today's Final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Interesting Safin Quotes After Today's Final

Roger The Great
06-12-2005, 06:16 PM
From: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4085528.stm)

"I could not have played any better."

"I cannot remember playing that well in recent years but there is no stopping Roger. It was a great match and I enjoyed it."

I find it interesting that Safin said he can't remember playing as well as that in recent years in light of his AO win this year. This goes to show though that when Safin is at the top of his game (as he admittedly was today) he can compete with anyone on any surface.

Jimena
06-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Was that ever in question? I'm just glad he finally seems to be getting over his mental issues with grass courts. Silly, really. He has the game to do well at Wimby.

And are you sure he didn't mean "playing that well" on grass? I don't think he's played better, ever, on that surface.

mer
06-12-2005, 06:25 PM

"I cannot remember playing that well in recent years but there is no stopping Roger. It was a great match and I enjoyed it."

I find it interesting that Safin said he can't remember playing as well as that in recent years in light of his AO win this year. This goes to show though that when Safin is at the top of his game (as he admittedly was today) he can compete with anyone on any surface.

He was talking about playing on grass.
This was probably my best match on grass I’ve ever played.

mandoura
06-12-2005, 07:50 PM

This also shows he was not whinning as mentionned in other threads. It shows he is a genuine guy with a big heart and respect for his opponents. :inlove: Marat.

mandoura
06-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Was that ever in question? I'm just glad he finally seems to be getting over his mental issues with grass courts. Silly, really. He has the game to do well at Wimby.

And are you sure he didn't mean "playing that well" on grass? I don't think he's played better, ever, on that surface.

Never. It seems his fans always knew it. I am glad now he knows as well. ;)

bandabou
06-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Yep...Marat was good today. And yeah when he´s feeling it, beware!

vaiva
06-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I wish he'd feel it more often than twice or thrice a year :o

uNIVERSE mAN
06-12-2005, 08:29 PM
He did well in Wimbledon 2001, Goran was just playing like a juggernaut then, else he would have had a shot at the title.

rue
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Good for him. He would have won the title if Federer had not made it to the final. Now he can go to Wimbledon with more confidence and get himself deep into the second week.

Damita
06-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Never. It seems his fans always knew it. I am glad now he knows as well. ;)
yeah it was time he realized it too ;)

Chloe le Bopper
06-13-2005, 06:28 AM
This also shows he was not whinning as mentionned in other threads. It shows he is a genuine guy with a big heart and respect for his opponents. :inlove: Marat.
He wasn't whining today. That doesn't change that fact that he was being a huge whiner in the past, hence the comments in past threads.

Unless you meant threads today that said he was a whiner. Disregard this if you did.

Hagar
06-13-2005, 08:14 AM
This goes to show though that when Safin is at the top of his game (as he admittedly was today) he can compete with anyone on any surface.

Of course. But we already knew that. The only one who does not seem to know this is Marat Safin himself. Take Roland Garros, he lost way too early.