10tele.com Open - Sunday Report. Andréev is officially a w***er [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

10tele.com Open - Sunday Report. Andréev is officially a w***er

Horatio Caine
06-12-2005, 05:17 PM
The weather today wasn't especially good for tennis. Very cloudy, a few spots of rain and very windy at times. Still, it didn't seem to dampen every player's spirit :yeah:

My favourite players of the moment were all smiles again - Johnny Marray and Alan Mackin :worship: I had a quick chat with Johnny - he didn't like the weather AT ALL, but he was still very pleasant.

Mackin was knocking up with Sargsian...I can't say Sargsian looked that good to be honest :tape: At one point he had a bit of banter with Hrbaty through the fence to the next court (neither player could see each other). Hrbaty was relaxed and striking the ball well. I see what people mean about his ball toss...Paula Radcliffe could run a marathon before the ball drops down to Hrbaty's serve striking height :lol: He was practising with Tomas Berdych who seems a nice enough chap.

The best practising group by far arrived shortly after that. Beck, Dent, Tipsarevic and Andreev practised as a four on one court and brought with them a lot of attention...poor old Popp didn't get anyone watching him. :haha: I took a picture of him when he was walking towards me and unfortunately the 1 second delay resulted in me cutting his head off :tape:

Paradorn was knocking up with some unknown on an adjacent court and people were divided as to who to watch. He looked really good in practise and was practising serve and volley :eek: I reckon he might go all the way again this year...I was impressed. Dent was serving well but Andreev read him much of the time and passed him seemingly at will. If he didn't pass him, Dent dumped a volley in the net :retard: A couple of little kids were watching him and one of them said, and I quote, "That man is really scary...really scary!!" :haha: :haha: He was up to his usual facial contortions, grunting like a pig etc but apart from that, he seemed as normal as could be. He does scream like a girl though...he could shatter glass quicker than Sharapova. :lol: He does need to get into shape FAST though...he was sweating like a pig and breathing heavily after just 10 minutes...no exaggeration either. :eek:

Andreev could go far, but his form today will have no importance really when he plays Karlovic Monday / Tuesday. Beck was hitting a foot long for much of the afternoon and threw a mini-temper tantrum that had Andreev sniggering (no love lost between them) If Tipsarevic could play tennis as well as he decorates his body then he would be ace...although he seems worthy of top 70 some day soon.

Anyway, on to why I dislike Andreev. A group of about 30 people, including me, watched him practise with the other 3 guys for over 45 minutes. He came off court and was greeted by about a dozen kids of no older than 8 wanting autographs. He walked past all of them, all the rest of us without even looking in our direction. Several parents shook their heads in amazement and disappointment. You may defend him for doing this, but he did EXACTLY THE SAME thing yesterday as well. That was very rude and inconsiderate considering how much interest we took in his shotmaking. Dent, Beck and Tipsarevic signed a few autographs...no one knew who Tipsarevic was :tape:

I also saw a few games of the final qualifying match between Harsh Mankad and Nathan Healey. It was high quality, but, after a blip in the second set, Mankad won in 3 sets to reach the main draw. I was impressed with both players' shotmaking and I will look out for them in the future.

I got autographs from Sargsian, Tursunov, Mackin, Beck, Marray, Dent, Tipsarevic and Berdych. I wanted to get Paradorn's but, for the third time in as many visits to the Centre, he was on his blasted mobile phone! :mad: Hopefully I'll be able to catch him without it at some point, although I think it is glued to his ear :lol: I also missed Hrbaty. I watched him practise both today and yesterday (over 20 minutes between watching other courts) but each time I walked off to watch someone else on the far side of the Centre, and he was gone by the time I went back. Hopefully I'll be third time lucky next time!

I also saw some doubles players knocking up...Jared Palmer was the only one I recognised (from a few years back)...the draw is very weak. Carlsen was wandering around watching the qualies again...he spends more time doing that than actually playing the game :lol: I might try to get his autograph at the start of the week, although, no offence to him, I'm not too bothered.

The final preparations are in place for the tournament...colourful flowers have been added to the flower beds, the courts recut again, hanging flower baskets etc. Someone has still not put the draw up outside :smash: I will endeavour to take some photos of the nice scenery and then compare it to photos of the Centre that I'll take in October. The difference is staggering...obviously.

If any of you are going to the Centre tomorrow...set your alarms for 7:30am...Jared Palmer is practising then! :lol: However, the gates open at 11:00am anyway...and I can guarantee you I won't be there any time earlier! ;) Walking round for 10 hours this weekend has exhausted me...but I'll be back on Monday bringing you another report. :wavey:

NATAS81
06-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Popp going deep at Wimbledon, gets no love. Pfft.

Ones to watch for: Dent, Tipsarevic, Ljubicic, Ancic, Karlovic

Chloe le Bopper
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Andreev took lots of time after practice when I saw him last year.

Horatio Caine
06-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe he did Becca but today and yesterday he behaved like a stuck-up idiot. People that watch the top players the weekend before the tournament deserve some recognition at least...they took the trouble to watch him. During the tournament it is not so necessary to acknowledge everyone because (a) people have bought tickets to see EVERY player in action (b) there are many more people watching (normally) or queuing for autographs.

Here, we were talking about between 20-30 people actually watching his court, and another crowd of the same number watching Paradorn further down. Only a tiny number of kids wanted his autograph...he had none of it. At least the other 3 showed some manners although they all sped off quickly.

Aleksa's Laydee
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Igor tut tut...thought you had more about you than to do that :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your report Jez - carry on enjoying your week at Nottingham.

star
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the report, Jez. It was very interesting.

Too bad Igor's a wanker. :sad:

Scotso
06-13-2005, 12:21 PM
You met Karol :hearts:

Lady
06-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I had the very nice expierence with Igor! :shrug:
I asked for 1 autograph, he gave me 3! ;)

Kristen
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Jez...tell those kids to go watch popp;) He's polite...such a gentleman :D
PS. Saw the pic of Popp... LOOOOOVE IT! Even without the top of his hair! 628kb of Alexander... awesome. lol!

Anouk10
06-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Igor was very nice when I met him.. he took a lot of time after his practise to give everybody an autograph and photo. and it's not that long ago, so I don't think he changed in a couple of weeks time. I even had a little chat with him, and he seemed very sweet and cute to me. smiling, joking, posing with little kids..

don't know what is wrong with him.. weird. really weird. Igor, don't be stupid, please.

FrogBurger
06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Funny cause Andreev has always been nice with me. At RG this year he was already by me, i called his name, stopped turned around and said he hadnt heard me, nicely signed the photo coocoo posted of him and went down the ramp into SL court.

As for Hrbaty's balltoss, yep, he could make rain with that balltoss. Poor Janko, nobody knows him. he is a scrapper, sorry nobody knows him

Turkeyballs Paco
06-13-2005, 03:56 PM
thanks for the report jez! have a wonderful time!

janks
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
hey frogburger, dont you worry, they know him.. just ask hrbaty, rochus brothers, gambill, sa, delgado, etc.. lol...

FrogBurger
06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
hey frogburger, dont you worry, they know him.. just ask hrbaty, rochus brothers, gambill, sa, delgado, etc.. lol...

did Janko beat them? meaning Rochus, Gambill, Sa and Delgadao?

janks
06-13-2005, 04:10 PM
yep.. and some others too.. lol.. he just beat hrbaty at RG.. beat both rochus' in this years DC on clay...

Geniey2g
06-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Funny cause Andreev has always been nice with me. At RG this year he was already by me, i called his name, stopped turned around and said he hadnt heard me, nicely signed the photo coocoo posted of him and went down the ramp into SL court.

As for Hrbaty's balltoss, yep, he could make rain with that balltoss. Poor Janko, nobody knows him. he is a scrapper, sorry nobody knows him
I know Janko! And I know that he's very easy on the eye too ;)

but yeah, dominik's ball toss is really a sight to behold!

Geniey2g
06-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Great report, btw, jez :yeah:

binkygirl
06-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Taylor isn't scary. He just takes bad photos when he's serving. Those little kids were exaggerating as little kids often do.

bad gambler
06-14-2005, 06:14 AM
cheers for the report jez

btw what is you mobile number, the nottingham scoreboard is shithouse :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
06-14-2005, 06:27 AM
Maybe he did Becca but today and yesterday he behaved like a stuck-up idiot. People that watch the top players the weekend before the tournament deserve some recognition at least...they took the trouble to watch him. During the tournament it is not so necessary to acknowledge everyone because (a) people have bought tickets to see EVERY player in action (b) there are many more people watching (normally) or queuing for autographs.

Here, we were talking about between 20-30 people actually watching his court, and another crowd of the same number watching Paradorn further down. Only a tiny number of kids wanted his autograph...he had none of it. At least the other 3 showed some manners although they all sped off quickly.

I don't doubt your story. I just don't think it's fair to judge somebody's character because of how they happen to act on one occasion. You never know - maybe he had indigestion or something :p That's why I offered a different occassion where he acted far different. Maybe he IS a wanker. I don't really care. I'm just saying :shrug:

We differ in one main regard which would cloud our perceptions on this matter anyways - I don't feel that players owe me jack, even if I do spend an hour watching them practice. It's awfully nice if they take the time, and certainly is good for PR... but if they don't, whatever. That's just how I feel about it.

Regardless, thanks for the write up.