NATAS81
06-12-2005, 02:05 PM
As seen on my predictions.

onewoman74
06-12-2005, 02:06 PM
there like ten threads on his win...HAHA

NATAS81
06-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Posting in every thread to make sure it's the most popular.

oneandonlyhsn
06-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Great win for Federer, maybe this will bring back his confidence which seems to be lacking lately.
Marat :hearts: sweetheart, its about time you started doing well on Grass, you have the game, you just need to keep you hair on your head.

PamV
Great win for Roger against a tough opponent ! I wonder if any one here could see the match, and tell us any comments?

wipeout
Sort of a close match on Federer's best surface and Safin's worst -- or so he says anyway ;).

More encouraging for Marat I would think than Roger. :)

PamV
06-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Great win for Federer, maybe this will bring back his confidence which seems to be lacking lately.
Marat :hearts: sweetheart, its about time you started doing well on Grass, you have the game, you just need to keep you hair on your head.

I don't think his confidence has been lacking really. He's got the best win/loss record of anyone this year at 51-3 ! Of course beating Safin in particular after the AO loss must feel very good. If he would have lost again to Safin we would all be wondering what tricks Lundgren has taught Safin !

bandabou
06-12-2005, 02:11 PM
It was a great match....both players were dominating on their serves, but Roger did well to natch the key breaks.

Billabong
06-12-2005, 02:11 PM
It was a great match....both players were dominating on their serves, but Roger did well to natch the key breaks.

yep:) Both players had a lot of trouble on the opponent's serve!

Art&Soul
06-12-2005, 02:12 PM
hehe so many threads i don't know where to post :p Better posting from a ROGER's FAN thread, ROGIIIIIIIIIII YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE FINAL STREAK WILL GO ON................................................ ......................... :angel: :D :)

tennischick
06-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Roger :banana: :inlove:

DDrago2
06-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Gongratulations Federer, so effortlessly to the third title.

There was a funny moment in the first set - the exact reprise of Federer's AO semi-finals matchpoint. There was a drop-shot from Federer, a lob from Safin that fell on the baseline, and than Federer chased it and, I think on purpose, hit it between his legs. He smiled after that, and in the next game dropped his only serve... Got too carried away I would say.

*Viva Chile*
06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Marat :sad:
but congratulations for this awesome week :yeah:

mandoura
06-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Great win Roger. :worship: :inlove:

Very well-played Marat. :hatoff: :hug:

onewoman74
06-12-2005, 02:28 PM

There was a funny moment in the first set - the exact reprise of Federer's AO semi-finals matchpoint. There was a drop-shot from Federer, a lob from Safin that fell on the baseline, and than Federer chased it and, I think on purpose, hit it between his legs. He smiled after that, and in the next game dropped his only serve... Got too carried away I would say.

So lucky you actually got to watch the match...I was keeping track of the scoreboard...What was Marat's temperment like today?

Mrs. B
06-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Great win for Roger against a tough opponent ! I wonder if any one here could see the match, and tell us any comments?

then you have to go to Roger's forum and read at the live scoring thread!

tennischick
06-12-2005, 02:30 PM

yeah but you need to find ways to have fun out there. to reduce the pressure and tension. ;)

DDrago2
06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
So lucky you actually got to watch the match...I was keeping track of the scoreboard...What was Marat's temperment like today?

It was exactly the same as always... good old Marat. He started his showmanship in the second set, and continued in the third. In one moment there was as scene where he talked loud with the umpire so that the whole stadium could hear him, somethink like "You know, he knows, I know..."... Too bad I was following the other match at Queens between Roddick and Karlovich and missed a great deal of the party.

Federer was much more relaxed than you would expect and obviously had Wimbledon in mind more than this match. But he was still looking very happy when he won, of course...

Qaatar
06-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Fed wasn't as dominant as usual, but he hasn't been in great form this whole tournament. I guess there are a myriad of reasons, but he needs to play a bit better at Wimbledon.

MariaV
06-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Great win Roger. :worship: :inlove:

Very well-played Marat. :hatoff: :hug:
Thanks Mandoura, I can be proud of both guys. :D

Skyward
06-12-2005, 05:55 PM
There was a funny moment in the first set - the exact reprise of Federer's AO semi-finals matchpoint. There was a drop-shot from Federer, a lob from Safin that fell on the baseline, and than Federer chased it and, I think on purpose, hit it between his legs. He smiled after that, and in the next game dropped his only serve... .

Sounds like it was a meaningless exhibition match. :)

NYCtennisfan
06-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Before the tournament, Federer said that he, Roddick, Hewitt, and SAFIN were the favorites. Safin has a great game for grass the way the courts play recently. The beauty of grasscourt tennis is that a player who isn't as good or at least not as good on the surface can still compete because he can hold serve, especially if he has a big serve.

Nathy
06-12-2005, 05:57 PM
:worship: Roger :worship:

:yeah: Marat :yeah:

Hagar
06-12-2005, 06:20 PM
It's so great to watch Roger on grass!!! It's the surface that really does his game justice.
He looks so COOL out there, almost careless :cool: . You can just see how much he enjoys doing what he does. He really makes it look so easy. I mean, Nadal on gravel is great but you see and feel that he has to work hard for it. With Fed on grass, everything seems so light! What an awesome player.

RogiFan88
06-12-2005, 06:30 PM
there like ten threads on his win...HAHA

but when Rogi loses, there are even more threads... v popular! :p

Nathy
06-12-2005, 06:30 PM
It's so great to watch Roger on grass!!! It's the surface that really does his game justice.
He looks so COOL out there, almost careless :cool: . You can just see how much he enjoys doing what he does. He really makes it look so easy. I mean, Nadal on gravel is great but you see and feel that he has to work hard for it. With Fed on grass, everything seems so light! What an awesome player.

:worship: That's the point :yeah:

Fergie
06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Well done Rogi! :yeah:

onewoman74
06-12-2005, 07:45 PM
can't believe he won the doubles too...maybe this is a good omen

KoOlMaNsEaN
06-12-2005, 10:03 PM
:bounce: Now take it to wimbledon!

Roger-No.1
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Congrats Roger! :banana:

bandabou
06-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Good point....with Roger on grass, it´s effortless. Always in control...a sight to behold really.

YoursTruly
06-14-2005, 01:32 AM
GOOD

Auscon
06-14-2005, 06:21 AM
according to todays paper here, Roger won the 3rd set 8-6 lol

guess theyre having trouble forgetting the AO semi :)

Daniel
06-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Congrats Roger :)