Anti-Roddicks [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anti-Roddicks

Volcanic Tennis
06-12-2005, 01:33 AM
:( Why is it there are soooo many anti-Roddicks? It seems that everyone hates him except for our group here... :sad:

tangerine_dream
06-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Surprisingly, there aren't as many anti-Andy's as there used to be here. :D

But the ones left who do intensely dislike Andy are very vocal about it, and so this small group of haters appear much larger than they really are.

Andy is American, has a big personality, a big game, speaks his mind, and wins a lot of titles. Just to name a few reasons why some green-eyed people supposedly hate him.

As far as I'm concerned, so long as they're spending their energy and time talking about/watching Andy, then they are merely adding to his status as a tennis superstar.

guida
06-12-2005, 02:09 AM
I don't think that's true, Matt. In fact, I've been noticing that a lot of people on GM are starting to praise and defend Andy much more than they would have a while back. I'm actually surprised (well, not really, we all know you can't hate Andy unless you're a totally obnoxious and uncool person :o ).

Sure, there's a fair share of them. But if they waste so much time talking about him, that's a good sign too! :D

Tangy, you beat me to it. ;)

tangerine_dream
06-12-2005, 02:15 AM
I've been noticing that a lot of people on GM are starting to praise and defend Andy much more than they would have a while back.

Yes, I agree. I don't know if it's because they are afraid I will show up and sit on them if they say something stupid ;) or if they just changed their mind after watching Andy and, more likely, no longer have to put up with the media hype about him. I think the media hype about him before/during/after USO 2003 probably turned off a lot of people.

But Andy is now safely flying under the radar these days.

Still, I was a bit concerned that the haters would completely forget about Andy and that he would get lost in the Rafamania shuffle. :awww: They are, after all, a great source of cheap entertainment.

guida
06-12-2005, 02:28 AM
I've been noticing that a lot of people on GM are starting to praise and defend Andy much more than they would have a while back.

Yes, I agree. I don't know if it's because they are afraid I will show up and sit on them if they say something stupid ;) or if they just changed their mind after watching Andy and, more likely, no longer have to put up with the media hype about him. I think the media hype about him before/during/after USO 2003 probably turned off a lot of people.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of all that.

But Andy is now safely flying under the radar these days.

Still, I was a bit concerned that the haters would completely forget about Andy and that he would get lost in the Rafamania shuffle. :awww: They are, after all, a great source of cheap entertainment.
For sure. :lol:

Volcanic Tennis
06-12-2005, 02:44 AM

heya
06-12-2005, 03:04 AM
The haters' favorite players are losing big matches, so they can't dismiss Andy as
a one-dimensional, non-elite player.
Part of the problem is, Andy listened to jerk media/commentators.
They made him lose self-esteem.

2 years ago, many hateful fans of Hewitt, Safin and Ferrero thought Andy had no right to be ranked high, let alone
#1 or #2.
They had to watch Andy improve every DAMN YEAR....even when he didn't train & try near his best. Their players have to scratch through matches they had no business winning as well as save match points to win.. :devil:

RodLo
06-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Every player is going to have their 'haters'...no matter how good or bad they are. Just a fact of life. Besides, it makes things more interesting around here. After spending almost a year at the AR.com forum, it's nice not to hear 'I love Andy and I think he should totally marry me, blah blah blah...' :rolleyes: Believe it or not, to hear a little negativity about him is refreshing. :lol: But as others have said, the Andy haters seem to have declined dramatically since when I first started posting at MTF. Go figure. :shrug:

Fee
06-12-2005, 05:05 AM
... After spending almost a year at the AR.com forum...

I'm so sorry. Are you okay now? Can I get you a drink, comfortable chair, any other form of de-briefing that you will need now that your captivity has ended? You are amongst supportive friends here and we understand the trauma you have been through. Anything you need, you just let us know. :hug:

RodLo
06-12-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm so sorry. Are you okay now? Can I get you a drink, comfortable chair, any other form of de-briefing that you will need now that your captivity has ended? You are amongst supportive friends here and we understand the trauma you have been through. Anything you need, you just let us know. :hug:

:rolls:

I think I'm getting by just fine...but good to know I've got a support system. :lol:

williaer
06-12-2005, 07:51 AM
i was plesantly surprised when i went on the GM and in that thread about andy "mocking stephanek" - so many people were praising him!!!!

the world is a different place, everyone! one with less duck hunters!!!! :D

RodLo
06-12-2005, 03:09 PM
the world is a different place, everyone! one with less duck hunters!!!! :D

:rolls:

...maybe they just aren't in season yet. ;)

Volcanic Tennis
06-12-2005, 03:57 PM
LOL! XD

BTW; how did Andy get the duck nickname? ^^