Federer def. Haas 6-4, 7-6(9) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer def. Haas 6-4, 7-6(9)

Billabong
06-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Very tight second set:eek: Haas had 2 set points, but Rogi was able to save both of them and the match ended on a Haas DF:sad:

YEAH Rogi continue now:D!!!!!!!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
good match

Fergie
06-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Well done Rogi!!! :yeah: ... And now take the title! :cool:

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
It was never meant to be that close.

Roger never faced a break point while being able to convert on 1 out of 2537648 bp's.

All in all, this thread's title should be: "Federer cracks Tommy's (H)ass open"

onewoman74
06-11-2005, 02:26 PM
At least you have coverage...ttc is showing Stella Artois

Shabazza
06-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Very tight second set:eek: Haas had 2 set points, but Rogi was able to save both of them and the match ended on a Haas DF:sad:

YEAH Rogi continue now:D!!!!!!!
Ditto!! :yeah:

VingaRafel
06-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Great Roger ! :worship: This is your title again.

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Tomorrow Federer will win his 29th title, while Tommy will attempt another hairdo.

Art&Soul
06-11-2005, 02:38 PM
All in all, this thread's title should be: "Federer cracks Tommy's (H)ass open"
:lol: :rolls: KEEP on ROLLING, FEDEX for the TITLE :bounce:

Neely
06-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Given that Federer was the big favourite in this match anyway, it was well played by Haas, especially in the 2nd set when he played better and didn't oaf around like in the first set when he was broken right in his 2nd service game. Haas also won some good points from the baseline and showed he is able to challenge Federer quite a lot. The difference was that Federer's serve was just more effective and that Haas made unforced errors in his own service games that got him into troubles and when Federer made them it was on Haas' serve which but he was rock-solid on his own one normally.
The 2nd set tiebreak was some concentrated play by both, hardly any unforced errors and most points were rather won than lost by easy mistakes. However, Federer COULD have ended it at 6-5 when he missed a big chance to pass Haas at the net, but then again Haas could have ended the set also a few points later to his favour if he didn't hit this forehand into the open field too long. So this tiebreak was quite on the edge.

Overall I'm glad that Haas could play a good and most of the times concentrated match and be competetive against Federer, he showed what he can do even on his worst surface and this semifinal appearence was no rubbish. Go on Tommy! :yeah:

Now I hope Federer will meet Safin in the final!

DDrago2
06-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Neely, you obviously fancy Haas very much when you can say he looked competitive against Federer today. The fact was - he wasn't, he was cliff-hanging throughout second set and should loose more easily - Federer was squandering break balls and match ball as I'v never seen, and it was not because of Haas game. Haas is not a great grass player, I would say, I think Roger could have some troubles with him only on hard courts.

But by the way, did any of you who have seen the match notice how lousy Roger's forhand cross-court was? He missed almost all of them... He could only hit forehand parallel. His forhand realy sucks since that SF against Nadal... Then I thought it was maby due to Nadal game, but I now see that it isn't.

Neely
06-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Neely, you obviously fancy Haas very much when you can say he looked competitive against Federer today. The fact was - he wasn't, he was cliff-hanging throughout second set and should loose more easily - Federer was squandering break balls and match ball as I'v never seen, and it was not because of Haas game. Haas is not a great grass player, I would say, I think Roger could have some troubles with him only on hard courts.
Of course I fancy Haas and if somebody gets to tiebreak where he has chances to win he is competetive in this set or else he wouldn't have pushed Federer to 11-9.

That Federer was squandering break balls was part of Haas' game because he was able to serve well and played great points at the end of the 2nd set to save these break points. That Federer missed his first match point in the tiebreak was his own errors, but the same it was later as Haas missed his chance on set point with an easy forehand miss.

You can turn it as you want: Federer won the match because he was this one point better in the tiebreak, but Haas was competetive or else he would have lost like Kohlschreiber yesterday.

dylan24
06-11-2005, 03:13 PM
cmon federer exact revenge on that mad russian tomorrow

tangerine_dream
06-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Given that Federer was the big favourite in this match anyway, it was well played by Haas, especially in the 2nd set when he played better and didn't oaf around like in the first set when he was broken right in his 2nd service game. Haas also won some good points from the baseline and showed he is able to challenge Federer quite a lot. The difference was that Federer's serve was just more effective and that Haas made unforced errors in his own service games that got him into troubles and when Federer made them it was on Haas' serve which but he was rock-solid on his own one normally.
The 2nd set tiebreak was some concentrated play by both, hardly any unforced errors and most points were rather won than lost by easy mistakes. However, Federer COULD have ended it at 6-5 when he missed a big chance to pass Haas at the net, but then again Haas could have ended the set also a few points later to his favour if he didn't hit this forehand into the open field too long. So this tiebreak was quite on the edge.

Overall I'm glad that Haas could play a good and most of the times concentrated match and be competetive against Federer, he showed what he can do even on his worst surface and this semifinal appearence was no rubbish. Go on Tommy! :yeah:

Now I hope Federer will meet Safin in the final!

You always have the best wrap-ups, Neely. :worship: I have no way of watching Halle so I'm dependent on you and a handful of others who have a good eye and ear for detail to report back to us. It sure beats reading moronic catcalls like "Roger cracks open Tommy's [H]ass" :rolleyes:

I'm glad Roger is getting through his matches but as I have stated before, it sounds to me like Roger is struggling in his matches a bit. Defending Halle will surely boost his confidence going into Wimbledon and help him erase the French Open nightmare.

And I'd love to see Marat in the final with Roger, too. If that happens, I hope you file a nice long report on that one. ;)

Skyward
06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
But by the way, did any of you who have seen the match notice how lousy Roger's forhand cross-court was? He missed almost all of them... He could only hit forehand parallel. His forhand realy sucks since that SF against Nadal... Then I thought it was maby due to Nadal game, but I now see that it isn't.

I hate to admit it, but it has been the story of the year.

Neely
06-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Roger's forehand crosscourt had some really avoidable errors, especially as he missed a two or three points as Haas couldn't return the ball long enough into the field and Federer almost had shoulder-high putaways. His first match point that he missed was also a forehand error from midcourt. Of course we have seen that already better and IMO last year at this time he was more dominant, dictating and powerful in the rallies than most of this week. But okay, he's still good enough to be in the final now and he said himself he made progresses with every match.

Corey Feldman
06-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Good win Roger..
5th straight grass title coming up tomorrow hopefully..

alexito
06-11-2005, 03:37 PM
other tie briek? federer, the perfect? jaja

Jogy
06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Not good result for me, Federer won :o :o :o :ras:

But I am glad that Haas play good this week and was close to Federer today. Next time he will sure beat him again like he did in Olympic games or Australian Open :)

It sure beats reading moronic catcalls like "Roger cracks open Tommy's [H]ass" :rolleyes:
nothing is better than things that coming from Rogiman ******* :ras:

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 03:39 PM
other tie briek? federer, the perfect? jaja
I've been expecting you to show up, hijo de puta ;)

Corey Feldman
06-11-2005, 03:41 PM
federer, the perfect? jaja
federer the Perfect
federer the Great
federer the Master
many ways to describe him :cool:

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Don't be sad ,Jogy, Tommy's hair must've looked great! :D

Skyward
06-11-2005, 03:43 PM
What is hijo de puta?

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 03:45 PM
What is hijo de puta?

An appreciation to alexito's mom's profession ;)

yanchr
06-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Exactly what I think when watching it. It sucks itself badly.

Skyward
06-11-2005, 03:50 PM

No woman can produce such an idiot. He was invented in the secret MTF labaratory.

Jogy
06-11-2005, 03:51 PM
What is hijo de puta?
That poster only used description for Rogiman

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 03:52 PM
No woman can produce such an idiot. He was invented in the secret MTF labaratory.

He's good fun though ;)

Rogiman
06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
That poster only used description for Rogiman

Your great mood is understandable, after all your fav won today, and he's on his way to yet another great title to add to his endless list of trophies, Slam success and fame ;)

Nathy
06-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Nice 1st set won by Federer but the amount of UE Hass' made helped him I think.

Second set close, Haas did tidy up his game to play well as he played against JCF yesterday.

Positive thing: Roger didn't face any break point!!

"Negative thing": Roger wasn't able to conclude on his first MP (which wasn't that far from the line...)

Anyway Roger is in the FINAL and goes on for his final streak record to continue :banana:

Thanks to Tommy and Roger for this nice match and GO ON NINJA!

rofe
06-11-2005, 04:13 PM

I think this is a manifestation of his second set blues, or as someone else in MTF put it jokingly - he goes off to Mirkaland. When he wins the first set comfortably, his concentration tends to waiver because he really doesn't think he will lose the match and starts shanking forehands - his bread and butter stroke. This is especially true in 3-setters. On grass, this is forgivable since he is most comfortable on it and does tend to turn the match around.

Anyway, he won and that is what counts. I am salivating at the thought of a Fed-Safin rematch (even if it is only a 3-setter). :worship:

Carolinita
06-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm smelling a Fed-Saf final :banana: ...Safin 5-1, third set

NATAS81
06-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Impressive run, Haas.

Get in one more tourney before Wimbledon.

NYCtennisfan
06-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I hate to admit it, but it has been the story of the year.

It was the story against Nadal but not the year. If it was, he wouldn't be 50-3. How many players have ever been 50-3? He dominated with it at Indian Wells this year and at times at Nasdaq. But if Federer wants to win his third straight Wimbly, that shot needs to come back.

Skyward
06-11-2005, 05:49 PM
It was the story against Nadal but not the year. If it was, he wouldn't be 50-3. How many players have ever been 50-3? He dominated with it at Indian Wells this year and at times at Nasdaq. But if Federer wants to win his third straight Wimbly, that shot needs to come back.

It fails more often then it used to. The annoying part is that it often happens on important points. He keeps winning because he has the ability to change his game if smth is not working.
That's the way I see it, and I'm not a reliable source by any means. I don't have the TC, and ESPN's not showing much. He did a ton of ue on his forehand side in all matches at the FO, except for Hanescu, and also with Nadal, Zabaleta at Nasdaq. Those are the last matches I've seen. I agree that he played good at IW, it seems he always does after a break. May be he should change his schedule, rest more, learn how to pick up his game at GS, and not a week before.

VingaRafel
06-11-2005, 05:54 PM

OH MY.. OH MY :eek: :eek:

I think I'm glad Alexito cannot express himself clearly in English, cause I think we would have blood coming out of our monitors :eek:

Daniel
06-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Roger :kiss: :D

Alexito :smash: :nerner:

Qaatar
06-12-2005, 01:53 PM
OH MY.. OH MY :eek: :eek:

I think I'm glad Alexito cannot express himself clearly in English, cause I think we would have blood coming out of our monitors :eek:

I think I'm glad too, or else it'll be :boxing: :armed: towards Alexito 24/7 instead of just :smash: .
:lol: