2005 Tournaments [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2005 Tournaments

jazz_girl
06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Mariano has withdrawn from Wimbledon.

basil333
06-11-2005, 09:40 PM
This, to be honest, is probably an excellent move. He has nothing to defend in Wimbledon anyway, has never won a singles match on there ever, therefore, the next few weeks rest will be good for him...

Grass is not the best place for him to return from injury - the European clay will be best - if his foot holds up for this.

Grass and Mariano - no match
Clay and Mariano - excellent match -
Clay and Mariano destroying Tim Henman - the best!!!

Choupi
06-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I agree. The more rest before the European clay is back, the best it is. I'm going to Stuttgart and I certainly don't wanna miss him there! :) I've already missed Gaston when I went to RG, not twice the same misadventure in the same year! :D

Corina2605
06-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Grass and Mariano - no match
Clay and Mariano - excellent match -
Clay and Mariano destroying Tim Henman - the best!!!

:) But didn't Mariano beat James on grass in front of your eyes some years ago :)? But I agree with you, it is a good decision to skip Wimbledon. He needs some more rest and also, now you don't have to drag yourself to your "beloved" - Wimbledon club. Let's hope his foot is totally healed for the clay court season - we need some fun :)!!!

Nice to see you around here, I miss you :) !!!

basil333
06-13-2005, 12:49 AM
:) But didn't Mariano beat James on grass in front of your eyes some years ago :)? But I agree with you, it is a good decision to skip Wimbledon. He needs some more rest and also, now you don't have to drag yourself to your "beloved" - Wimbledon club. Let's hope his foot is totally healed for the clay court season - we need some fun :)!!!

Nice to see you around here, I miss you :) !!!

;) - yep.... but that was Stoke Park.... exhibition - lovely friendly grass tournament... followed by Matthew Perry and Gabriela Sabatini stuffing Annabel Croft and Cliff Richard with Mariano watching in the stands next to us - that was a happy grass day :)