Canas is not equal to Caņas [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Canas is not equal to Caņas

Denaon
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Can you please write his name correctly?
caŅas

Do you like this propi?? :haha:

propi
06-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Loves it :drool: :hearts::hearts::hearts:
Actually Caņas' case is especially important, since both canas and caņas are words

Denaon
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Loves it :drool: :hearts::hearts::hearts:
Actually Caņas' case is especially important, since both canas and caņas are words
True :lol:

Kristen
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
what's the shortcut for my computer then?! :p
I just have a dumbass Australian/ English (apparently American!? :rolleyes: ) keyboard.

You just lurrrve starting threads? ;)

Action Jackson
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Alt 164

ņ

Kristen
06-10-2005, 04:02 PM
(I need to know...:lol: What if... I make a sign for him in DC!? Unlikely...but I will be cheering for his team ;))

and how do I say it!? CAN-yas? Emphasis on the ca*n*?

Kristen
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
ņ Thanks! :wavey:

Denaon
alt + 164 ņ or 165 Ņ
And I luvvvvvvvvvvvvv starting dumb non sense threads :crazy:

DanEd
canias

(I need to know...:lol: What if... I make a sign for him in DC!? Unlikely...but I will be cheering for his team ;))

Action Jackson
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM

The ņ is like the sound when you say oni on I will try and help you in person. You have it right I think.

*Ljubica*
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
There isn't a short cut on mine, so I just have to use the copy facility from other peoples' posts.

Kristen
06-10-2005, 04:05 PM
loooool you're an expert in the field :hug:

PS. Disregard my pronounciation question! I can't even say Guillermo. I'll just call him sir. :o (j/k... I will bombard GWH with these questions next month ;) I'm off to bed now... goodnight! PS. GWH... he is 20! See LJ for more...)

EDIT: Thanks guys!!! :wavey: I will prob have a weird tennis dream about a player I've never paid attention to aside from his shiny strings in 2002, and the hewitt incident! :hug:

Action Jackson
06-10-2005, 04:05 PM
There isn't a short cut on mine, so I just have to use the copy facility from other peoples' posts.

PC or a Mac user?

*Ljubica*
06-10-2005, 04:06 PM
PC or a Mac user?

PC

Action Jackson
06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
PC

Have Num Lock on and then use the combo that I posted earlier and it will come up.

Denaon
06-10-2005, 04:08 PM
loooool you're an expert in the field :hug:

:scratch: But that doesn't mean that I'm dumb or non sensed :lol:
I am pretty clever guy :scratch: or not? :shrug:

NATAS81
06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
I say it Canyas because I don't have the N thing on my keyboard. So it's the same to me.

undomiele
06-10-2005, 05:58 PM
oh thanks george about the Num-lock thing! Im ņņņņņņņņ'ing now. ;)

*Ljubica*
06-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the Number Lock tip GWH. Because I learned to "touch-type" I never use Number Lock as I always use the numbers at the top of the keyboard (like you do on an old-fashioned typewriter which is showing my age but is where I learned to type!), - so guess that was the problem.

Clara Bow
06-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Caņas. Wow- it works! I've been needing to know how to do this for non MTF stuff as well. (And I've been writing his name improperly all over this board.)

MTF- you learn something useful every day! :)

mandoura
06-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Another tip:

In Accessories, you will find System Tools where you will find Character Map. Open it. You will find all the special characters. To know how to type it, just press on the letter you want and it will show the right combination.

Hope this helps.

LuckyAC
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, I don't think my laptop has this fancy thing you call a "Num lock", though I can always cut and paste any of these perverted characters, should I feel the urge.

*Viva Chile*
06-10-2005, 06:49 PM
:scratch: But that doesn't mean that I'm dumb or non sensed :lol:
I am pretty clever guy :scratch: or not? :shrug:

Is Manu Ginobili in your avatar??? lol

Denaon
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Is Manu Ginobili in your avatar??? lol
It's Obi-Wan Ginobili! :worship:
He's being called like this in the States :lol:

Neely
06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
sure, I know that the tilde over the n makes a big difference in pronounciation, but unfortunately I only have special characters like ü, ö, ä, ß, ^, ´` on my keyboard :p

But if Daneon promises to write Burgsmüller and Schüttler which also makes a big difference instead of Burgsmuller and Schuttler I will promise to write Canas also correctly :p ;) :lol:

Pea
06-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Another tip:

In Accessories, you will find System Tools where you will find Character Map. Open it. You will find all the special characters. To know how to type it, just press on the letter you want and it will show the right combination.

Hope this helps.

I can't believe I didn't know about this.

VingaRafel
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
This is awsome !!! I never new how to type the Ņ using an American keybord! Tks !

Y a callarse todo el mundo... coŅo !

Denaon
06-10-2005, 07:30 PM
sure, I know that the tilde over the n makes a big difference in pronounciation, but unfortunately I only have special characters like ü, ö, ä, ß, ^, ´` on my keyboard :p

But if Daneon promises to write Burgsmüller and Schüttler which also makes a big difference instead of Burgsmuller and Schuttler I will promise to write Canas also correctly :p ;) :lol:
:lol: Is that a challenge??? I will do it then. My problem is that I don't know which names have the a (ä) o (ö) or u (ü) umlaut ;)

Whistleway
06-10-2005, 07:44 PM
கானியாஸ் ;)

Angle Queen
06-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, I don't think my laptop has this fancy thing you call a "Num lock", though I can always cut and paste any of these perverted characters, should I feel the urge.Haha! Someone else with my dilemma. Here's what it takes on mine (a Dell Latitude D800).

I have to have num lk (number lock) on...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since I don't have a number pad.

Then I have to push the Fn (function) key and the ALT key...along with the number set (using the special numbers, not the ones at the top of the keyboard).

So it's...num lk on, Fn + Alt + j/1 + o/6 + u/4 = ņ

I like cut-n-paste a lot better. :lol:

Lee
06-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Haha! Someone else with my dilemma. Here's what it takes on mine (a Dell Latitude D800).

I have to have num lk (number lock) on...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since I don't have a number pad.

Then I have to push the Fn (function) key and the ALT key...along with the number set (using the special numbers, not the ones at the top of the keyboard).

So it's...num lk on, Fn + Alt + j/1 + o/6 + u/4 = ņ

I like cut-n-paste a lot better. :lol:

:lol: I feel for you. btw, is Dell Latitude D800 a laptop?

Sjengster
06-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Caņas. That's a lot of work using the Character Map.

*Viva Chile*
06-11-2005, 12:41 AM

But she can write Schuettler instead of Schüttler :p ... Is the same, no?

Like my mother's family last name... Schmeisser... in Chile obvious nobody is going to write Schmeißer

In any case, ü also exists in spanish but it is used only in some words like the ones that have the syllable "güi" (pronnounced like the french "oui")

Lee
06-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Caņas. That's a lot of work using the Character Map.

I don't use character map, I went to www.asciitable.com and found the code for extended ASCII character codes and use Alt+

NATAS81
06-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Jöhansson Ž

Patented.

sol
06-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Y a callarse todo el mundo... coŅo !
:lol:

Canas are in my hair ;)

naiwen
06-11-2005, 02:05 AM
I have no problem typing or reading most non-English characters on my Mac. :wavey:

Option + ` + e =č
Option + e + e =é
Option + u + e =ë
Option + n + a =ã
Option + i + e =ę

I guess this is for German:
Option + s = ß

Lee
06-11-2005, 02:18 AM
btw, I :lol: when people mess up papa and papá

+alonso
06-11-2005, 02:25 AM
:haha:

mandoura
06-11-2005, 02:30 AM
I can't believe I didn't know about this.

I am glad it was useful. :)

El Legenda
06-11-2005, 02:58 AM
who cares... there is a line above the C in Ljubicic and Ancic and Karlovic.

PamV
06-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Can you please write his name correctly?
caŅas

Isn't it up to Caņas to insist that the ATP spell his name the right way? Otherwise how does the rest of the world know if his name is supposed to be Canas, or Caņas? In other words.....unless we hear him say his name, or he has them spell it the right way.......people can't be blamed for pronouncing it as Canas.

Denaon
06-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Isn't it up to Caņas to insist that the ATP spell his name the right way? Otherwise how does the rest of the world know if his name is supposed to be Canas, or Caņas? In other words.....unless we hear him say his name, or he has them spell it the right way.......people can't be blamed for pronouncing it as Canas.
:lol: I think Caņas has other things in mind, I started this thread coz another poster was happy to find Willy's last name properly written somewhere in MTF.......

Hendu
06-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Hey, GREAT THREAD!!!! :D

Action Jackson
06-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Alt 129 = ü
Alt 148 = ö