Haas 3 wins on gras now: beat Ferrero 6-2 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Haas 3 wins on gras now: beat Ferrero 6-2 7-5

Jogy
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
COME ON, HAAS!

another semifinal for him! this time on grass!
very good done!

you are so strong! :worship:

Corinna
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM
congrats tommy :yeah:

juanqui :sobbing:

Billabong
06-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Congrats Tommy:dance:

JC:sad: Good result though:yeah: very positive:)! Continue:D!

Nathy
06-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Hass played very well in the first set!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Juanqui...
Best of all to Tommy against Federer. :)

Neely
06-10-2005, 02:26 PM
A very concentrated match of Tommy. Ferrero made too many mistakes in his baseline play, but Tommy also showed some good play. Tommy's only weakness was that he couldn't end the match earlier when he was serving for it. But still a good result overall.

Shabazza
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
good match from Haas - cangrats :cool:

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Hopefully Federer will kick pretty-boy's ass so hard (something of Davydenko's standard :devil: ) to remind the world once again who the worst world #2 ever is.

alexito
06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
yes tommy, you will can win to federer.

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 03:47 PM
yes tommy, you will can win to federer.

Brilliant

Puschkin
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Brilliant
BTW. What about your Spanish, Rogiman? ;)

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 03:54 PM
BTW. What about your Spanish, Rogiman? ;)
Nothing to write home about, but I'm afarid it should be compared with his Hebrew, not English

Puschkin
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Nothing to write home about, but I'm afarid it should be compared with his Hebrew, not English

:haha:

Nathy
06-10-2005, 04:11 PM

:lol:

NATAS81
06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
2nd lump of the parlay if I had one.

NYCtennisfan
06-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Hopefully Federer will kick pretty-boy's ass so hard (something of Davydenko's standard ) to remind the world once again who the worst world #2 ever is.

I think Haas pretty much has no chance but why the massive hate here even though you might be right about his #2 in the world once upon a time?

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I think Haas pretty much has no chance but why the massive hate here even though you might be right about his #2 in the world once upon a time?

Just because this is Jogy's thread

Art&Soul
06-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Hopefully Federer will kick pretty-boy's ass so hard (something of Davydenko's standard :devil: ) to remind the world once again who the worst world #2 ever is.
:yeah: :clap2: :hug:

Neely
06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I hope we will see a surprise tomorrow. It's certainly a disadvantage for Tommy that the meeting is on grass which is Federer's best.

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I hope we will see a surprise tomorrow. It's certainly a disadvantage for Tommy that the meeting is on grass which is Federer's best.

It would be just as painful if they played on asphalt (something like Haas' match vs. Hewitt at the USO) or clay (Davydenko).

Jogy
06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Haas go out and beat this arrogant frigging idiot tomorrow :yeah:
Always remember how BIG you kicked Federer at Australian Open 4th round
Haas made Federer look like a schoolboy in this match, I knew Haas going to win in 5th set, Haas very strong record in long matches :haha:

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Haas very strong record in long matches :haha:

Very good joke indeed

Nathy
06-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Haas made Federer look like a schoolboy in this match

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And hey, in Halle you play max 3 sets ;) :rolleyes:

Neely
06-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Haas made Federer look like a schoolboy in this match, I knew Haas going to win in 5th set, Haas very strong record in long matches :haha:
Oh yeah, damn... don't remind me of this match. It was one of Haas' best played matches and even Federer's good play this day was not enough. That was just incredibly done by Haas and some eye candy for me. He later said that this victory was one of the deciding turning points to make him play the season that he later on did. Despite the close score this match was by far superior than the ultimate beating he has given Federer at the Olympics where Federer stood no chance the whole match (I don't even remember him having one single break point).
Also at the end of the year Haas had another good match against Federer in which he was able to take him into a tiebreak despite not serving anywhere near 180 km/h because his shoulder was already injured.

If Tommy played as well as today and if the meeting was on somewhere else than grass I would give him some chances, but not on grass. Federer's serve and his overall feeling for the grass should be just too good. Haas will lose it.

zethand
06-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I hope they play their best.. Go Tommy and Go Rogi!!!

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Hass would lose to Federer on any surface, just by a more humiliating score, because Federer would break him on virtually every service game whereas on grass he still has a chance to hold serve every once in a while.

I hope they meet at USO and Federer shoves a couple bagels up his ass.

Jogy
06-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Very good joke indeed
No joke. Who has win the most important matches so far of their h2h and who has the better record in five set matches? Not Federer.

Nathy
06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
No joke. Who has win the most important matches so far of their h2h and who has the better record in five set matches? Not Federer.

And who's world N.1 and unbeaten on grass since Wimbledon 2002? Not Haas

:rolleyes:

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM

Patience, soon enough they'll play again (I hope they meet on every one of the slams, that would be like a walkover for Federer) and the realistic gap between the two will be revealed - oh, except for the 4 Slams and dozens of other titles Haas never won - let me guess - just because of injuries, right...?

Neely
06-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Jogy, you have to realise that Haas is not anymore the same player since his shoulder injuries and surgeries. He did very well before and he did incredibly well to come back where he is now after being out for almost one and a half year which was a great achievement. But he is not the same player he was back in 2000 to 2002.

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 06:20 PM
But he is not the same player he was back in 2002.

The year no one performed, yet he couldn't win a title

Scotso
06-10-2005, 06:21 PM
JC :rolleyes:

Neely
06-10-2005, 06:30 PM
The year no one performed, yet he couldn't win a title
I actually said that his best years involved more than only 2002. You manipulated my quote and left that out.

Haas won his titles the in late 2001 and before.

As for "nobody performed" ... well :yawn: ;) still a great year for him! :) not everybody can be so great like Federer :p

Rogiman & Nathy, that you always have superiour arguments in the Slam, titles and ranking departement when being a prime supporter of the world's uncontested #1 tennis player over somebody who is Haas' biggest troll fan and who has to be happy about smaller achievements goes without saying ;)

Rogiman
06-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Rogiman & Nathy, that you always have superiour arguments in the Slam, titles and ranking departement when being a prime supporter of the world's uncontested #1 tennis player over somebody who is Haas' biggest troll fan and who has to be happy about smaller achievements goes without saying ;)

Usually I would agree, but when it comes to Jogy no sympathy is in sight on my behalf :)

Nathy
06-10-2005, 06:36 PM

I agree with you don't worry ;) It's just that some Fed haters just make me laugh. I don't put Haas down, I like him and was happy that he won today ;)

Neely
06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
It's just that some Fed haters just make me laugh.
Yes that can be funny, especially when it comes down to Rogiman and Jogy :rolls:

But then again I can't laugh anymore if Rogiman is hunting the Duck or Nadal because I like these two better ;)

Nathy
06-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes that can be funny, especially when it comes down to Rogiman and Jogy :rolls:

But then again I can't laugh anymore if Rogiman is hunting the Duck or Nadal because I like these two better ;)

:lol:

Don't worry, I will rarely (never say never huh :p ) hunt a player ;) Even if Safin defeated Federer in AO and Nadal did the same in FO, I don't hate them ;)