When and how do you start to like Andy? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When and how do you start to like Andy?

Chrisie
02-05-2003, 12:40 PM
Since we don't have much news now, I think we'd better find something interesting. I'm looking forward to hear your stories.

Well, I started to like him when he beat Sampras at Miami Open in 2001. Sampras, driven by the success in Indianwells, said Andy still had to wait for some days(or years, can't remember) to beat him in the pre-match interview. In fact, Andy only waited for one day.:D Sampras was a bit embarassed after the match. I don't hate Sampras but I found this was so funny since there was hardly any funny thing happen to Sampras.

I also found Andy very funny, modest and talented(good-looking, too:D ). For example, when they asked him who he would play mix-double with, he said anyone apart from the Williams sisters because they served harder than him.;)

Anyway, I started to like Andy utill now. My story is plain, how about yours?;)

Hurley
02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Same, Miami '01 when he beat Sampras.

I thought he was cute and smart and self-deprecating, and I liked his exciting game (the big forehand gets me every time, at least on the men's side). I still feel the same.

I just like the kid. I think he's super. ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
02-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Well, I first knew about Andy in the start of 2000. There was already hype about him. By the time I first saw him play, I hated his guts with a passion. I hated the way the commentators acted like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and the George Foreman grill. I was like all those dorks in GM who hated him for that reason. I mean, I think I hated him for more than a year, yeah! I was so happy when he lost to Hewitt in the '01 US Open quarters. but after that match, I realized Roddick is really good. He's NOT going to go away. I have to get used to them kissing his ass like they kiss Agassi's ass and I can't despise him the way I despised Agassi because then if Roddick got really successful, I wouldn't be able to bare it. Nobody likes to see the one they hate so much perform so well! LOL! So I mean, I basically forced myself to like him in the new year, 2002, and he's been one of my favorites ever since. The things about him I exaggerated and blew out of proportion in order to hate him are why I love him. I love his personality, he's a clown on court, he's intense, he's hyper, he's a comedian, he's critical, he's aggressive, he's intimidating, he's controversial, he's a hottie! What more could I ask for! I adore him now and I think hating someone just because the hype around them annoys you is stupid. You find yourself collecting the dumbest reasons to hate that person and you believe the dumbest things said about them. And when you hear how nice they are, it's stupid and hard to hate a nice, sweet person that doesn't physically or emotionally do anything to you piss you off. And you wanna try so hard to put the good things you've heard aside. So I don't recommend that guys. It's stupid, lame and torture. I LOVE RODDICK!!! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

Chrisie
02-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Wow, Mrs_Guga, what a U change.

But true, all the media attention isn't his fault. I know many hate him for that, I feel sorry for him sometimes, and I think those haters don't really understand.

And Hurley, I now like his game a lot, before I didn't have much chance to watch. I thought his serve motion was strange at first, but I think that's quite beautiful now.

rodsgal
02-06-2003, 10:35 AM
heh, i first heard about him when he won the back-to-back titles in atlanta and houston in his first year, but I didn't think much then, coz i haven't seen him play before, i just thought that he must be pretty good. and then andy really caught my attention in the French Open match against Michael Chang, i was so impressed with him after that win!! not to mention he's the first tennis player i've seen to tear his shirt off on court, lol. so anyway, yeah, i started liking him ever since, and I still love to watch him play, he's such energy on court, it's incredible. it sucks that those haters hate him because of the media, coz it's not his fault that the media focus so much attention on him. in a way he's a victim of his own popularity, oh well, but we fans all love him and that's the most important!

Chrisie
02-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Lucky you don't have to watch Andrew Ilie, rodsgal.;)
I agree, he's probably a victim of his own personality. But we still like him.:)

Aerien
02-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Last year, when he succesfully defended his title in Texas. But before that, I was already hearing all the hype about him so I got interested and wanted to see for myself.Luckily, he was playing as soon as I opened my TV.

I was like: "Who is this guy.......he IS good."

And after seeing him beat Sampras, I was even more in awe. Thus I started following Andy's activities and am now a big fan of his game and personality.:bounce:

(good-looking too :) )

rodsgal
02-07-2003, 01:13 PM
heh....that hairy guy?? lol...yeah, i'm glad about that, heh. and yeps, you're right...we all love Andy, and his personality...i won't change anything about him...those who don't like him are just jealous, lol, ok, that sounds so teenybopperish, but well, i have nothing to do...heh

Havok
02-08-2003, 11:54 PM
well actually i've just recently been a big fan of tennis, but mostly the WTA and i really hated the ATp, dunno why????? anyways, i was watching the 2002 US Open and they were always showing the men's matches so i decided to watch it anyways. i figured hey tennis is tennis right? so anyways it was Andy Roddick's match and it was the amazing match he had in the 4th round against Chela. before this i never even knew who the hell he was, so i didnt know he had already won 5 tournies, and that he was really good and all the hype and everything. i knew absolutely 0 of him. but after like literally 10 seconds of watching him, i knew i really really liked him and have been a HUGE fan ever since. i was just lucky that i actually saw that match coz that's what got me. simply amazing

kellytje
02-09-2003, 09:06 PM
I started to like Andy when I saw him play against Chang at Roland Garros (I think it was in 2001) He played 5 sets, and he had cramps and so ... but in the end he won, and it was just an amazing game!

Chrisie
02-10-2003, 11:11 AM
I didn't watch that match with Chang, but from the three-minute news I thought he was a fighter.
Was he crying after pulling out that match with Hewitt? All my sympathy.;)

rodsgal
02-10-2003, 11:49 AM
yeah he was...i was so sad for him...i think he was actually crying on Tarik's shoulders...poor boy :(

J. Corwin
02-17-2003, 08:20 AM
I haven't followed tennis for too long (a lil less than a year)...but I've seen bits of random tennis matches here and there before that time. I think it was the 2001 Legg Mason that I saw Andy and liked his passion for the game.

mimay
02-27-2003, 12:51 AM
the first time i've watched andy was the game between younes and him, i was starstruck on how good he played and the stamina he has. they were both good and decided to win but unfortunately they didn't. then i've watched the match between andy and mik youzhny (whom i adore!) made me realize he's really agreat player, he beaten mik (i was disappointed, really). now his name is a household name bcoz he's the boyfriend of mandy moore, but that doesn't count to his popularity. does it?
well, things are going pretty well, maybe a bit more better if he won't have any injuries anymore.

:bounce: continue rocking andy! :bounce:

Chrisie
02-27-2003, 01:32 AM
We don't care about Mandy Moore, as far as she doesn't affect his career. But I guess Andy's more popular than her in the world.;)

rodsgal
02-27-2003, 11:21 PM
heh, i like andy long before he was together with Mandy, so it doesn't really matter to me :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-15-2003, 02:43 AM
bump^ Please, all the newbies! Come in here! I wanna here ya stories!

star
08-17-2003, 05:13 PM
I had heard of Andy for sometime in the juniors, but hadn't seen him play. Then he beat Sampras! I automatically liked him. :)

But the thing that really started me liking him was when he had to play very late into the night in Houston because of a rain delay. He was so grateful to the people who stayed to watch the end of the match that he offered to buy finals tickets for everyone there who needed them. That told me the guy had a big heart and appreciated the fans.

Since then, I've always been impressed with his interviews, the credit he gives his opponents, etc. There are faults I can find with him, but I always remember that he has a good heart.

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-17-2003, 06:23 PM
My parents h8 him lmao. I really started to be a fan when i saw him play in 2002 us open .v. chela. I love the emotion and also that he signed almost all autographs in montreal this year after he won the semi :)

Veronique
10-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Hello all!

I had heard Patrick Mac mention Andy's name as a young up-and-coming American, but I didn't pay much attention until he beat Pete ( who thus far had been my only favorite male player) in Miami in 2001. Shortly after, I learned he was coming to town during the American claycourt season and I just knew I had to go and see the kid for myself.

Like Mrs Guga, I hated Agassi with passion b/c he was getting too much hype while my Pete was doing all the work and achieving. So I didn't want to make the same mistake without seeing Andy first.

Anyway, I attented all his matches during that claycourt tourney in Atlanta and witnessed first hand just how cool the kid was on and off the court and decided to adopt him. I also got his autograph after his final win over Malisse. I've been following him ever since. I do have some minor favs on the ATP, but Andy is my main man. Needless to say I've been in tennis heaven this past summer with all the success he's had. Hopefully, he can follow on Pete's footsteps and accomplish even the quarter of what the legend has been able to do in his stellar career.

I do recall this Belgian guy speaking to Malisse just after Andy had defeated him to win his 1st ever ATP title in Atlanta. The guy told us Malisse said he was no feeling well and added with disdain that there was no way Andy would have beaten him otherwise. My husband and I get a chukle each time Andy defeats Malisse and we tell each other he's still under that bug. LOL.

star
10-04-2003, 11:27 PM
lol....... That is funny!!

Glad to see you here Veronique. :)

But XaXa is one of my sweeties too.

How great to see Andy at the very beginning of his career. He made a big splash didn't he? -- Winning in Atlanta and Houston his first full year as a pro.

I had watched his name start to surface in the junior ranks before he started playing on the ATP, and then saw it in results for some ATP tournaments. But it was those wins in Atlanta and Houston and how great Andy was to the fans that got me interested in him.

heya
10-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Bam Bam convinced Dave Matthews band - his buddies-
to join him in the best show in the world....
It's Saturday Night Liiiiiiiiiiiivve! nov. 8 Mad TV looks like a masterpiece compared to this 29
year laughathon.
True? :mad:

Goody! Football, SNL cast's high-pitched screeching, tennis satire...etc.
Who'll play Ljubicic? :devil:

Candy Mandy might do something delirous like that Richly Talented &
$Joyful Hilary Duff! I saw a crazed Mandy fan complain
that she never got to host and sing on SNL. HAAA

Ooooh, SNL audience will flock to watch tennis- if the Tennis Channel
decides not to steal any more ATP programming! :o

SNL's going to be entertaining like his performance at Masters Cup.
I bet on Nov. 11, the Houston crowd would sit in silence.
Another pathetic repeat of his Australian Open semi.
What the hell...there won't be "USTA conspiracy" manure from the
anti-fans as long as their faves have success. lmao

*plays Gravedigger by Dave Matthews*

star
10-07-2003, 02:51 PM
:wavey: Heya

heya
10-07-2003, 05:53 PM
. :wazzup:
I wonder if he can do wacky comedy. :crazy:

J. Corwin
10-07-2003, 11:05 PM
lol

Nishy
10-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Hello I am new and Japanese.
English is not my language and am still studying but I am HUGE fan of Andy in Japan! :D
I started to like Andy when I saw Andy vs Sampras at Ericsson Open in 2001.

I noticed there are some more his haters than I imaged in General Messages.
But I think being No.1 and getting stronger as well as having some haters.

Good luck to Andy for the rest of season and hope he is going to be No 1 ! ! !

star
10-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Welcome, Nishy! :wavey:

Deboogle!.
10-12-2003, 05:00 PM
I honestly don't remember when I first liked Andy. I know it was a couple years ago and I think I like saw a clip of him on the news yelling at an ump or something and I was like "omg is there a new tennis player who has some fire on the court!!?!!?" And I also remember seeing him on Craig Kilborn one of the first times he was on there and I loved that he had a sense of humor. I must confess that even though I've liked Andy for a long time I didn't really really start following his tennis til this summer. I'm still kicking myself for missing his match with Younes at the AO. But yea, as Andy kept getting better and making more headlines I started paying more attention to his game and this summer with Wimbledon and the TMS tourneys he did well on, I could watch him on TV and follow the tennis and the rest is history I guess :)

Btw I'm a huge Mandy fan too, and have been for longer than I've been an Andy fan. I think they're great together and I hate how both Mandy and Andy fans hate on the other. Mandy fans are blaming Andy for her dressing a little more sexily as of late, and well we know what Andy fans say. I say, they're young, beautiful, and happy and they seem to really respect each other. Mandy hasn't hurt Andy's career or distracted him from his tennis and I think as long as that's true, then nothing else matters! :)

star
10-12-2003, 05:13 PM
I agree with you about Andy and Mandy. I don't know either of them so I don't really have an opinion on their relationship. They are both very young and have demanding careers so they may stick together and they may not. But they seem to be happy together for now.

I did not know that Andy was being blamed for Mandy dressing more sexily. Maybe we should blame Britney for that? ;)

By the way, I just read that Britney is upset at her Esquire photos saying that they are too "bare." She aslo says that she won't use sexual innuendo to sell records and turns down songs for that reason. :eek:

:lol:

Prophetic
11-02-2003, 07:52 AM
I haven't followed tennis for too long (a lil less than a year)...but I've seen bits of random tennis matches here and there before that time. I think it was the 2001 Legg Mason that I saw Andy and liked his passion for the game.

^^this guy right up here, lol
He's a fan and he passed that on to me. I didn't ever watch tennis until i met Jace :)

J. Corwin
11-02-2003, 08:51 AM
^^this guy right up here, lol
He's a fan and he passed that on to me. I didn't ever watch tennis until i met Jace :)

Aww, hehe. :)

*huggles*

Prophetic
11-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Aww, hehe. :)

*huggles*

lol

*huggles*

you rock baby, now if only they televised tennis more here without having to get a specialty channel or something :(

J. Corwin
11-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh for real. It's unfair that people have to be put through such torture such as not being able to see tennis on TV!

star
11-02-2003, 03:20 PM
:wavey: Lucidd

I haven't seen you post before.. Welcome. :)

Prophetic
11-02-2003, 10:04 PM
:wavey: Lucidd

I haven't seen you post before.. Welcome. :)

lol...thanks.
I was just surfing around for Andy pics yesterday for a graphic I'm working on and one of the pics threads here was listed on a search engine. I go in to look and who do I find posting? Jackson, lol :inlove: ...so I joined for the heck of it and here I am :)

star
11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
So............. You're more a Jackson fan than an Andy fan?

That's quite understandable. He's pretty cool. :)

Prophetic
11-02-2003, 10:24 PM
that's an understatement if i ever heard one, lol. He's just amazing, I really dunno what I'd do without him. I met him back in May and I still remember the first words he ever said to me :)
I better stop gushing now, lol

Annnnnyway, I am an Andy fan and really into tennis in general but dammit...they never televise here :( I just never thought to join a forum until I bumped into Jace here.

tangerine_dream
11-03-2003, 08:49 PM
I first noticed Andy at the 2001 US Open in his quarterfinal with Lleyton Hewitt. That was the day after the classic Agassi-Sampras match and I wanted to check out the young guns. I was so impressed with their level of play I remember thinking, "Wow, these two are going to be the top players to beat in a year or so."

It was a hard-playing, competitive game played by two guys who looked like twins (both very young, wearing dark clothes, and a backwards white cap) and I really believe Andy would've won that match if he hadn't gotten so angry over the judge overruling a linesman. Watching him go ballistic was understandable and again I thought, "Ut oh! Another McEnroe coming up!" ;)

And I remember the post-match interview after he lost; he was so angry his voice was shaking and he looked to be close to tears. He was gracious enough considering he was still seething and then he had said with conviction, "I'll be back!" and sure enough, in 2003 he was back with a vengeance!

So he made a strong first impression on me during the 2001 US Open. His 2003 Australian Open performance sealed the deal: making me a believer that he will be one of the greatest tennis players the US has seen.

star
11-04-2003, 02:45 AM
I thought she meant Jackson....... at least I assume she's a she. :)

J. Corwin
11-04-2003, 03:02 AM
Lucidd's a she. :)

I just never told her that I posted here. She found out a couple days ago by herself and decided to join. :)

MisterQ
11-04-2003, 03:05 AM
I remember watching Andy a few years ago and being interested in how he would progress. I liked him all right, and he was fun to watch because of his energy, but his game seemed still shaky to me.

But my respect for him skyrocketed when I saw his match with El Aynaoui this year in Australia. For the first time, I truly agreed with the commentators: this guy will be a grand slam champion. And sure enough, it happened 8 months later!

Andy still isn't my absolute favorite --- Andre will retain that honor until he retires! --- but I support Andy in most circumstances.

Prophetic
11-04-2003, 03:24 AM
I thought she meant Jackson....... at least I assume she's a she. :)

lmao...holy confusion...yeah, I meant Jackson. :) and as he said I am a she, lol...

swoony, lmao..that I am :) Just about Jackson, not Andy. ;)

tangerine_dream
08-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Am bumping up some good threads from the past for the newbies to add to, if they want. :)

Golfnduck
08-12-2004, 04:47 PM
I started liking Andy at the US Open in 2002. I saw the Chela match and him giving high-fives to the crowd. I thought that was sooo cool. Finally someone that would use the emotion of the crowd to his advantage. He looks obviously had nothing to do with it at all. ;)

Fumus
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
USO 2002, I watched every Andy match, except against Pete. I was an Andy at the that moment but, I watched when he high fived the crowd and I knew he was my favorite at that point, that was really when I started watching and playing.

elusive
08-12-2004, 05:57 PM
mines pretty recent, cause i only started watching tennis a few months ago. yeap the first match i watched with andy was wimbledon finals! :) at that time it was purely mild interest in andy. then.......i think it was that look in his eyes that day, the fiery temperament he showed in his game that really got me.

and to add on to it, andy just infatuated me with his sense of humour at the end of the match, together with his dignity of defeat. and i felt SO PROUD of him, yet with this sense of loss.

so since then, i tried to get to know him better, and now what i like him in more ways than one. :)

lfty
08-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Iíve been a casual tennis fan most of my life but didnít really take an interest until about three years ago. 2001 USO with Hewitt was when I first noticed Andy (need I say more ;) ). 2003 AO with El Aynaoui was when I became obsessed with Andy and 2003 Cincy final with Fish was when I became obsessed with tennis in general. But even now there is still so much I have to learn.

RonE
08-12-2004, 06:11 PM
When I first saw him play- that was at the 01 FO when he played against Hewitt- he gave it everything, I loved watching his energy levels and how he really gave it his all. Also after he injured his ankle in that match and he wanted to go on playing I thought to myself "this kid has got balls".

RodFan08
08-12-2004, 06:20 PM
WHen I first saw Andy on TV. It was him vs Sampras at the Nasdaq(forget what year) when he upset Pete. I think it was his first huge win. Since then I knew he had serious game. I was attracted to his style of play & his personality. Later, about year, I started to noticing how cute was, so that got me glued to the TV even more:)

Fumus
08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
wow...I think I might need that match! lol

superpinkone37
08-13-2004, 08:16 AM
sorry guys, but this is gonna be long, lol:
i have been a tennis fan since i was like nine or ten when i learned how the play tennis. i was an ok player but then i got bored with it and quit for quite a while. its been a little under a year and a half since i began playing again, and i havent stopped since. it was when i learned how to play tennis that i began watching tennis a little bit with my parents, who are casual tennis buffs as well. but when i started playing again, i was more serious about it and i began watching stuff on tv. my mom had been telling me about this andy kid for a bout a year or so, but i didnt take much interest. the us open was the first tourney last year that i actually wanted to watch and i watched part of the aurthur ashe kids day thing against andre cuz i had always liked andre, and im like, mom thats that kid u were talking about. obviously i cant really call him a "kid" cuz hes older than me, but thats besides the point. anyways i watched a few of his matches at the us open and realized this guy had some serious game. by the time the semis and the finals had rolled around i had fallen in love, with both tennis and andy lol. watching andy win the open and seeing his reactions was awesome, as im sure u guys would agree. anyways since then i have been a fan, and got to see him at IW this year. that was one of the best experiences btw, and especially after that u could say i became a bigger fan. now i know all the updates and stats and scores and all that good stuff. its was so cool finding this site and when i actually decided to start posting, i never regretted it cuz i got to know all u awesome people who are as crazy about andy as i am :). all my friends say im crazy, but thats ok lol. anyways thats my little story, well actually its quite long lol. you guys who have been here forever all seem to know each other so well and i think thats so cool lol

williaer
08-21-2004, 04:19 AM
i started following andy during the epic match against el aynaoui @ the aus open in 2003. i was at my beach house and was on the edge of my seat during the match and i just kept thinking 'this kid has talent' and i was reali enjoying his energy and i thought his on court antics were hilarious .... and he's super hot! i have pretty much been following ever since.

star
08-21-2004, 04:52 AM
:yippee: Williaer!! Great to see you here!

Deboogle!.
08-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Hi!!! :) Welcome!! :hug:

MisterQ
08-21-2004, 05:51 AM
I have always enjoyed duck. :)

I remember noticing Andy's name and photo popping up when he was still in the juniors. It was clear that he had potential to be a serious player at the pro level, and was the most successful of the American boys.

I enjoyed watching him against Chang at the French Open (2001?). After that I enjoyed some of his interviews, and it was clear that he had a sense of humor and occasional wit.

But the AO2003 epic was the match where I first really believed he would be a grand slam champion one day.

Deboogle!.
08-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Q! :woohoo:

Still in Maine or back to Home Sweet Home?

MisterQ
08-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Q! :woohoo:

Still in Maine or back to Home Sweet Home?

at my parents' house for the week. then back to NYC. :)

are you all set to start school?!

Deboogle!.
08-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Oh cool! :)

Yep Monday... plenty of reading to do by then :awww:

papasmurf11
08-21-2004, 05:13 PM
USO 2002, I watched every Andy match, except against Pete. I was an Andy at the that moment but, I watched when he high fived the crowd and I knew he was my favorite at that point, that was really when I started watching and playing.

Same I loved how he played with intensity and heart so I got hooked to him!

paty_rod
08-22-2004, 03:04 AM
i knew abt Andy when i was watching him playing against Gustavo Kuerten at TMS Canada...
he was so cute at that time...only 18 years old...and a very good tennis player! since that day, i loved him so much
id love to meet him in person one day!
plp says that hes cocky...but i really dont want to belive in that!

star
08-22-2004, 03:25 AM
:wavey: Paty Rod :)

I think that Andy might be a little bit cocky, but he has a lot of very good qualities too. I love all his interviews. He was very gracious after he lost to Gonzales, and he has stayed to root on his friend, Mardy.

Anyway, glad to see you posting here! I hope you keep on posting. :)

Allure
08-22-2004, 12:56 PM
I started to like him during late July/early August. I thought he was cute and talented then it's history from there... :)

PinkFeatherBoa
08-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure exactly how long ago exactly it was when i first started liking Andy {quite a while back now} but when he first became one of my absolute faves was that match where he beat Sampras. It's kind of amusing in a sense because when Fed became ones of my faves too, it was after watching him beat Sampras. ;) Obviously I loved both for other reasons than just that though. :)

ataptc
08-22-2004, 07:12 PM
been a very casual tennis fan since 2000..used to watch matches only when i had nothing else to do.. dont know how my interest grew but i began to watch more frequently, starting from 2003 french open.. watched Queens and liked andy.. exciting player to watch with a great personality.. fell in love with him... haha yeah that's probably it.. :yippee:

renart
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Praps when he won at the US Open in 2003. I'd heard of him before but didn't 'start' to like him immediately, for he just seemed to be a tennis-intelligent lad then and I didn't care much about 'new stars'. But he did show a lot of intelligence since and has proved himself a valuable player of the game...which made me like him beaucoup.

aIrSaMpRaS14
08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
In answer to your question. You can't like him!!!

star
08-26-2004, 02:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You meant: You can't help but like him. :)

Renart!! :wavey: :hug: Nice post.

zoltan83
08-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I didn't answer to this thread yet...
But I'm kinda embarassed because I don't remember when I started to become a fan of Andy. :eek:
But i know that is nearly one year before his victory at US Open.

Carito_90
08-30-2004, 04:08 AM
In answer to your question. You can't like him!!!

oh stop trolling here Liam :lol:

Anyway.. its a long and boring story how i got to like Andy, tho quite funny for me lol
Shall I write about it?... okay i will cos i'm bored :p

Last summer (that's december in Argentina) I went with my friends to a club you know, to play some tennis and so. When we first went there I noticed a guy who was really hot and told my friends "Hey check this guy out.. pretty hot huh?" and one of my friends said "he's nice, he looks like Andy Roddick". I kinda knew who he was but i wasn't quite sure (note: i still wasn't into watching tennis but knew a bit as my friends liked it... tho i did play tennis) so when I got back home I went serching for some pics of this dude to see if he actually looked like him. The thing is that i forgot about the guy i had seen at the club as i saw this Andy Roddick was a complete hottie lol
I watched my first Andy match at the Aussie Open 2004 against Gonzales. Of course i liked him because of his looks then but now I obviously appreciate watching him play and everything :) Huge fan here!

Anyway... that's my long-and-boring-tho-quite-funny story :)