Whinging stepanek beats rusedski + moody max loses to hewitt [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Whinging stepanek beats rusedski + moody max loses to hewitt

joeb_uk
06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Ok, just got home from my day at queens! 23.20 local time :cool:

I arrived at 12.30 to get a seat on court 1, to watch gasquet ancic (and what pissed me off, was i couldnt get a seat for 2.5 hours). I was queueing for a seat for that long, i missed the whole ancic match. They simply sell too many grounds passes for the seats they have.

I was really disapointed about not seeing gasquet (and i dont really like rusedski!). But this match was very entertaining, stepanek was being his annoying self (questioning calls and taking forever). So greg says "stop whinging and get on with it". Everytime greg won a point he was going crazy and was really pumped up. He then imitated stepanek and held him up on purpose :D

Onto the hewitt match (i didnt know this was going to be moved onto court 1). So i missed a set and half. Hewitt played awful in the second set, dropped so many balls short he got murdered. Third set he cut out the errors and hit with some depth (and thrashed mirnyi). After the match mirnyi was complaining to hewitt about the come ons (he said i dont need the come ons in my face, but i dont have a problem with you winning so many matches). Hewitt was quite calm and quiet for himself, so mirnyi was just being a bad loser (hewitt just cheered when he won points, not on mirnyis errors).

All in all, a preety eventful day :D

bad gambler
06-09-2005, 11:30 PM
cheers for the write up joey :)

good to see you having a good time out there :yeah:

joeb_uk
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
cheers for the write up joey :)

good to see you having a good time out there :yeah:
I didnt put info about the matches too much, but i thought it would be interesting to share the stories (as i doubt this would have been posted on a website report). I remember saying to the guy next to me, hewitt is usually ten times louder than this (and the guy said yeah exactly, max is just being a bad loser). There were like 20 aussies in the crowd cheering for hewitt, and only like one person for max (i bet that pissed him off too).

bad gambler
06-09-2005, 11:36 PM
I didnt put info about the matches too much, but i thought it would be interesting to share the stories (as i doubt this would have been posted on a website report). I remember saying to the guy next to me, hewitt is usually ten times louder than this (and the guy said yeah exactly, max is just being a bad loser). There were like 20 aussies in the crowd cheering for hewitt, and only like one person for max (i bet that pissed him off too).

lol, yeah there are a lot of ex pats over there as it is and whole heap of aussies there ro heading there in the future given the ashes is coming up as well

Wimbledon this year might get a bit rowdy as a result :lol:

bad gambler
06-09-2005, 11:37 PM
by the way are you going tomorrow? If so will you be seeing hewitt v karlovic?

robinhood
06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Poor Max. Not enough support from the crowd?
I always wonder why he doesn't do so well as a singles player with his physique, serve, volley, etc, but that must be it.
I mean, his look is a little intimidating.

Anyways, thank you, Joeb, for the reports!
I envy anyone who is in a position to attend tournaments and take photos and stuff.
Have more fun and give us more details/gossips!

joeb_uk
There were loads and loads of aussies there! there was also a flat with 4 guys waving an aussie flag outside the grounds :D hewitt tryed to hit the ball up there at the end of the match, but just missed.

NYCtennisfan
Thanks for the report!

joeb_uk
06-09-2005, 11:39 PM
by the way are you going tomorrow? If so will you be seeing hewitt v karlovic?
Nope i only went the past 3 days (the days where singles was on the outside courts). Tomorrow ill watch it on tv (and then 8 days of eastbourne wta begins :D )

joeb_uk
06-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I also got to see the blake grosjean match (that was great). Also about a set of the gasquet doubles match :D

Fee
06-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Do you mean whining? I've seen the term 'whinging' before, is it just a misspelling or a different term in the UK?

bad gambler
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Do you mean whining? I've seen the term 'whinging' before, is it just a misspelling or a different term in the UK?
they are one and the same fee :p

Raquel
06-09-2005, 11:55 PM
There were loads and loads of aussies there!
I live next door to 3 ripper Aussie students (although I have never seen one of them with a book in their hand in 2 years :lol: )and they saw Lleyton and Mark play doubles on Monday and they must have been pretty loud as Lleyton waved up to them after the match. I was VERY jealous :lol:

I would love to have seen Max v Lleyton. I remember watching them win US Open doubles together. Glad Lleyton won though and now it's time for revenge against Ivo ;) Thanks for the report Joe :)

Fee
06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
they are one and the same fee :p

Thank you. :D

switz
06-10-2005, 12:28 AM
why did "moody max" beat Hewitt if he lost to him?

Kristen
06-10-2005, 02:59 AM
The title changed after bg wrote :scratch:
I wish it was true. Is Lleyton sick? He must be, if he's behaving so unuaually (a.k.a. normally?)

Scotso
06-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Boo @ both Rusedski and Mirnyi. Stop focusing on your opponent and worry about your own play. Maybe then you'll win these matches.

I find it funny how the British press were so fired up about Rusedski... after he got through a few cakewalk matches :rolleyes: I can't stand him. He's totally uncommitted.

Doctor Dance
06-10-2005, 04:16 AM
thanks for you experience joe :)

Raquel
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I find it funny how the British press were so fired up about Rusedski... after he got through a few cakewalk matches :rolleyes: I can't stand him. He's totally uncommitted.
When were the British press fired up about Greg after cakewalk matches? Here at Queens? He's been very low profile in the press this week.

Why do you think Greg is totally uncommitted? I am not Greg's biggest fan but I've never thought he was uncommitted. He still makes himself available for Davis Cup when Tim Henman stopped playing. He came back after being wrongly accused of using banned substances when he could easily have just called it a career, but he is still out there, even playing several Challengers this year.

joeb_uk
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Today hewitt was really quiet and no come ons (do you think what mirnyi said could have had any effect on that?)