Sebastien Grosjean Def James Blake 2-6 6-3 7-6(10) saved 5MPS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sebastien Grosjean Def James Blake 2-6 6-3 7-6(10) saved 5MPS

azza
06-09-2005, 05:57 PM
go Seb :kiss: :banana: good comeback in that TB

Kip
06-09-2005, 05:58 PM
James blew it as usual!

Congrats SG!

Deboogle!.
06-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Seb :bigclap:

James :sad: :crying2: :smash:

Tricky_Forehand
06-09-2005, 06:01 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I couldn't even look at the SB for those last few points!!!!

richard gasquet
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
:yeah: :yeah: SEB!!!!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

NATAS81
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Pathetic choke James wasting 5 MP

alfonsojose
06-09-2005, 06:07 PM
James :rolleyes:

delsa
06-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Well done Seb for never giving up! :worship: The guy is so strong mentally...

Marine
06-09-2005, 06:18 PM
WOW SEB !!! Génialissime ! :hearts: :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
06-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Pathetic choke James wasting 5 MPWell it's the FOURTH match he's lost in a 3rd set TB. Pretty bad. :o

NATAS81
06-09-2005, 06:43 PM
He can't keep it together over the long run can he?

Deboogle!.
06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
no :( But considering what he went through last year, I suppose the fact that he's out there at all is a victory in itself.

But he was always a bit of a choker.

nhissan
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
damn James

Leo
06-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Wow, so there is a worse choker out there than Sebby.

jmp
06-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow! Great job, Seb! :D Was the match good for anyone who saw it?

Yeah, this is a recurring theme with James. But, he's still in the ring. Come on, James! I know you're going to start winning some of these three and five setters! You can do it!

Turkeyballs Paco
06-09-2005, 07:32 PM
:yeah: Seb!

James :sad: :hug:

alexito
06-09-2005, 07:33 PM
yes sebastien, great job

Denise
06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Blake :sad::crying2:

SwiSha
06-09-2005, 10:07 PM
what a match

bad gambler
06-09-2005, 10:38 PM
usually it is seb in the position of blowing mp's, good to see him turn it around

Neely
06-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Bad luck for James :sad:
so close :shrug:

But he must have been playing really well, or else you don't get to third set tiebreak against Grosjean on grass.

deflori
06-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Great Match - Allez Seb :worship:

Geniey2g
06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Bad luck for James :sad:
so close :shrug:

But he must have been playing really well, or else you don't get to third set tiebreak against Grosjean on grass.
Exactly. James WILL get there eventually.

can't say I wasn't MUCHO pissed about this loss, though

joeb_uk
06-09-2005, 11:27 PM
James played an amazing first set, hit grosjean off the court! was great to watch :yeah:

Its nice to see him playing well again, just a shame he couldnt maintain the first set level. and finish the match.

switz
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
well done Seb!!

watch out for Blake at Wimbledon i'm thinking (is he in the maindraw??)

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 12:04 AM
watch out for Blake at Wimbledon i'm thinking (is he in the maindraw??)He has to qualify, unfortunately. But his ranking since the qualifying list closed has gone way up so he'll be one of the top seeds in qualifying. so I think he has a good shot of making it into his 2nd slam in a row via qualifying :)

Thanks for the report, joe.... so is that what happened, his level dropped? Or did Seb raise his level? Or combo of both? Was it a high-quality match overall? When I was following the third set I couldn't help but think it might have turned into sloppy stuff, but I hope that wasn't the case.

joeb_uk
06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
He has to qualify, unfortunately. But his ranking since the qualifying list closed has gone way up so he'll be one of the top seeds in qualifying. so I think he has a good shot of making it into his 2nd slam in a row via qualifying :)

Thanks for the report, joe.... so is that what happened, his level dropped? Or did Seb raise his level? Or combo of both? Was it a high-quality match overall? When I was following the third set I couldn't help but think it might have turned into sloppy stuff, but I hope that wasn't the case.
Well he dropped from his amazing level (its one of those performances where a player couldnt keep up that kind of play for the match because it was so good). I thought christ, grosjean is going to get hammered today. Grosjean did play better in the 2nd/3rd (it was about even in level for those two sets). His backhand was looking good, its not really a weapon (but it doesnt cause him any problems atm, he seems to get good some depth with it, and doesnt become under pressure because of it). Where he did alot of damage was his running shots (smacked quite a few winners on the run). It was great hitting from both guys, top quality stuff (alot of powerful flat hitting rallies ;) ).

He does look a good grasscourt player to be honest (i havent paid much attention to his results on grass before? but it seems he can play well on it).

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks very much for that, it sounds like it was a great match and I am really glad to hear that as both players are among my faves :) James moves pretty well and has always been pretty good on the run (maybe b/c he doesn't have as much time to think about it? :lol: ) James often plays an incredible first set (remember his one against Hewitt at this year's AO?) then can't keep it up. He has to learn to find more consistency over the course of a whole match, that has always been his problem and obviously still is.

James has had his best results in a slam at the AO and his best results overall on hardcourts, but he has a decent record on grass. He just hasn't played all that much on it, but as far as I know he enjoys playing on it. Also, he was expecting to have to qualify for Queens before he was given a (very) last-minute WC when Monfils got in directly, so he was there early and probably got a lot of good practice in, so maybe that's why he seemed comfortable on it this year.

joeb_uk
06-10-2005, 12:23 AM
In terms of quality of hitting it has been the best i have seen during my grasscourt travels (3 days at surbiton and 4 days of queens :yeah: ). If he could work on the backhand so he was able to hit winners off it, i think that would really make him rise in the rankings. I think he hit a few though today.

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Very cool :)

How did all the MPs get lost, though? One was even on James's own serve? Did he choke, or did Seb come up with the goods?

James's BH is a lot better than it used to be. But yea he's gotta keep working on it, absolutely.

joeb_uk
06-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Very cool :)

How did all the MPs get lost, though? One was even on James's own serve? Did he choke, or did Seb come up with the goods?

James's BH is a lot better than it used to be. But yea he's gotta keep working on it, absolutely.
Damn :D i am trying to remember the match points now lol :devil: Its 1.30am and my brain isnt working lol (hopefully i will remember in the morning).

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Damn :D i am trying to remember the match points now lol :devil: Its 1.30am and my brain isnt working lol (hopefully i will remember in the morning).no prob :) Thanks for the descriptions you did remember. :hug:

RogiFan88
06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
is Seb playing well enough to finally beat Pandy at Queens?

mandoura
06-10-2005, 12:43 AM
no prob :) Thanks for the descriptions you did remember. :hug:

Deb sweetie. is there any chance you will change that verdict in your sig before Wimbledon? :D

joeb_uk
06-10-2005, 12:45 AM
is Seb playing well enough to finally beat Pandy at Queens?
I wouldnt think so, but then i thought beck would be bitchslapped today! what happened with that match today?

RogiFan88
06-10-2005, 01:20 AM
well, beck is better on the faster surfaces... so what exactly were Pandy's probs vs. him?

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Mandoura... if it deserves being changed, it will be changed. So far, it does not:) he showed a bit of a nice fight in today's match, so perhaps things are turning up for him, but he has to come through a match against a much much better opponent before I think about changing it ;)

Beck played a HORRENDOUS first set, which explains the first set scoreline more than anything else. He really settled down, was hitting all kinds of great dropshots and found range on his backhand, especially down the line. I think it threw Andy off a little and it took him til the third set to recover. Then at the end of the match, Beck's shots started missing again and he played an awful serve game to drop the match. Andy was just a bit off form and Beck started to play very well. Not much more to say than that. If Seb played as well today as it sounds, he definitely has a chance against Andy unless Andy plays better than he did today.

mandoura
06-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Mandoura... if it deserves being changed, it will be changed. So far, it does not:) he showed a bit of a nice fight in today's match, so perhaps things are turning up for him, but he has to come through a match against a much much better opponent before I think about changing it ;)

Beck played a HORRENDOUS first set, which explains the first set scoreline more than anything else. He really settled down, was hitting all kinds of great dropshots and found range on his backhand, especially down the line. I think it threw Andy off a little and it took him til the third set to recover. Then at the end of the match, Beck's shots started missing again and he played an awful serve game to drop the match. Andy was just a bit off form and Beck started to play very well. Not much more to say than that. If Seb played as well today as it sounds, he definitely has a chance against Andy unless Andy plays better than he did today.

Ok Deb, fair enough for me. :)

And yes, I saw the match and agree with your analysis.;)

RogiFan88
06-10-2005, 01:33 AM
thanks, Debs!

Deboogle!.
06-10-2005, 01:35 AM
glad that's ok with you, mandoura :) Trust me, I'd like nothing more than to change it. But, I will say, I think there's only one thing that could happen to cause it to be changed before Wimby. I imagine you can guess what that is :)

no problem, RogiFan. :)

Scotso
06-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Seb winning matches without the French crowd :eek:

Marine
06-10-2005, 04:45 AM
Seb winning matches without the French crowd :eek:

He knows we cheer him even at distance :angel: