*questions* [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*questions*

tousledbaby
06-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I just want to start a new thread, where everybody can post questions about Rafa.
Actually I have 2 questions about him.

1) I recognize, that his name is not only "Nadal", it is "Nadal-Parera". Soo why does he not use his full name? And is "Parera" the maiden name of his mum or what?:confused:

2) And what is his religious confession? Certainly catholic...:confused:

So sorry, that I asked that stupid questions , but I'm really interested and I just wonder...

Carlita
06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I just want to start a new thread, where everybody can post questions about Rafa.
Actually I have 2 questions about him.

1) I recognize, that his name is not only "Nadal", it is "Nadal-Parera". Soo why does he not use his full name? And is "Parera" the maiden name of his mum or what?:confused:

2) And what is his religious confession? Certainly catholic...:confused:

So sorry, that I asked that stupid questions , but I'm really interested and I just wonder...

1 yeah, Parera is his mum's name.
2 probably....

:)

NicoFan
06-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I recognize, that his name is not only "Nadal", it is "Nadal-Parera". Soo why does he not use his full name? And is "Parera" the maiden name of his mum or what?:confused:

In spanish speaking countries, I think that they usually have first name, "middle" name, father's name, mother's name as their official name. But when they say their name it would just be first name and father's name.

tousledbaby
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Ah okay...thanks for your answers :hug:

~EMiLiTA~
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
yep...Spanish ppl always have 2 last names...first is their father's last name and second is their mother's last name...but they often just go by their father's last name cos otherwise it gets a bit long haha. like other players' names are actually juan carlos ferrero donat, tommy robredo garces...

tousledbaby
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
oh cool...thx...I didn't know that