Federer def. Mayer 6:2 6:4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer def. Mayer 6:2 6:4

Shabazza
06-09-2005, 02:16 PM
some problems in the 2nd, but all in all an easy win far better then first round match :)

VingaRafel
06-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Is Federer not depressed any more ??

Great match Rogelio !

Billabong
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Rogi was always able to up his level when he needed to, so it's great:yeah:! Much better than the first round, continue ROGI:D!!!

Art&Soul
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Not any more :D Keep it going, ROGIMUHAMA :)

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Still Rogi got broken twice on consecutive service games. There's plenty of room for improvement. Keep up this progress though, Roger! :yeah:

Dirk
06-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Mayer is not easy but Roger made it look easy. Be your normal ninja self and get better as you go futher Roger.

Stevens Point
06-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I think it was 2004 player of the year vs 2004 new comer of the year!

Neely
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Mayer played some deep crap, but at least he was able to break Federer twice in the 2nd set. The problem was that he was too bad to hold this break and every time he gave it right back in the next game with some stupid errors :banghead: At least Mayer didn't collapse completely, but overall very easy win for Federer and I didn't have the feeling that he would ever lose.

NATAS81
06-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Now he will breeze to finals vs 6'4" Russian.

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Federer getting broken twice in a set by Mayer on grass should be a bit of a worry. Federer needs to step up his serving. Then again, breaking an opponent 5 times in 2 sets on grass is pretty good.

Auscon
06-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Federer isnt even bothering to show his true form until Wimbledon

its like that dragonball stuff

Nathy
06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Well done Ninja, keep on going King of Grass :bounce:

playhard
06-09-2005, 05:59 PM
how do you guys know the game in details? do you watch it live?

Shabazza
06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
yes :p

Denise
06-09-2005, 09:40 PM
FEDERER :ras::ras::ras::armed:

MariaV
06-09-2005, 09:46 PM
OMG OMG, Roger got broken twice again, should we worry? :scared: :confused: :eek: And Mayer said Rogi is far from his best???? :confused:
Can he be in top shape for Wimby??

deliveryman
06-09-2005, 09:49 PM
He didn't get broken twice... It's not a "break" until Mayer can hold his serve.

avocadoe
06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I think Roger is okay...getting used to the grass, gaining confidance :) He sounds okay at his interview. Remember right after he was vvv disappointed and now:Was it hard to deal with the lost semi-final in Paris?

Not really, I get over such losses easier now because I win so much. It doesnt ruin even my day. I recover therefore very quickly from the loss against Nadal. I know I didnt play great that match, the whole tournament wasnt fantastic, but it was solid and I worked through until the semis. That gives me confidence for next year going to the French. Losses are these days something I can really deal with without problems because with all the success Ive had over the last two years a loss is sometimes very, very normal, especially in the knock-out-system in tennis.

? Would you have liked to play against Nadal here?

! Yes, of course. I was a little bit surprised that he lost. I still thought he would come through. I would have liked of course to play him here, especially after the French. It would have been just nice to play him on the grass to see how good he is. I dont think we should overestimate his performance here. He obviously has his chance to get good results also in Wimbledon. Everyone in the top ten has the chance to win the title there.

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Federer isnt even bothering to show his true form until Wimbledon

its like that dragonball stuff

Very good point. This is what Sampras would do time and time again with lesser players beating him at Queens and then Sampras being unbeatable at Wimbly.

Shabazza
06-09-2005, 10:43 PM
http://www.smiley-channel.de/grafiken/smiley/finger/smiley-channel.de_finger051.gif

http://www.smiley-channel.de/grafiken/smiley/unsortiert/smiley-channel.de_unsortiert006.gif

nermo
06-09-2005, 11:42 PM
so is Federer not depressed anymore? posted by VR

hERE S THE ANSWER

? Was it hard to deal with the lost semi-final in Paris?

! Not really, I get over such losses easier now because I win so much. It doesnít ruin even my day. I recover therefore very quickly from the loss against Nadal. I know I didnít play great that match, the whole tournament wasnít fantastic, but it was solid and I worked through until the semis. That gives me confidence for next year going to the French. Losses are these days something I can really deal with without problems because with all the success Iíve had over the last two years a loss is sometimes very, very normal, especially in the knock-out-system in tennis.

? Would you have liked to play against Nadal here?

! Yes, of course. I was a little bit surprised that he lost. I still thought he would come through. I would have liked of course to play him here, especially after the French. It would have been just nice to play him on the grass to see how good he is. I donít think we should overestimate his performance here. He obviously has his chance to get good results also in Wimbledon. Everyone in the top ten has the chance to win the title there.

lucashg
06-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Being broken twice is worrying for Fed, but it's a comfortable win and so we should all be glad. Keep it up and keep getting better, Rogi! Cmon!

robinhood
06-09-2005, 11:52 PM

Is Nadal still depressed?

robinhood
06-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Now he will breeze to finals vs 6'4" Russian.

:banana:

Nathy
06-10-2005, 01:26 AM

Yeah we do :cool:

Daniel
06-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Well done !!!! :yeah: