Shabazza
06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Grass is not clay!

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
If he can`t beat Waske...

Billabong
Waske served very well in the last 2 sets:D! Nadal had some problems with blisters though..

Congrats Waske:woohoo: I'm so happy for him:D!!

Exodus
clayseason is over Nadal so get use to it

Shabazza
06-08-2005, 02:46 PM
If he can`t beat Waske...
Waske played well! With a strong first serve in the 2nd and 3rd set :)

VingaRafel
06-08-2005, 02:46 PM
This is a blessing!! The pressure is off, he knows he won't win Wimbledon, we know he won't, go ho and rest.

I am glad for you kid, just go home and let Roger take his title.

tennischick
06-08-2005, 02:47 PM
he took him to 3 sets with very decent scores. i think that bodes well for his adjustment to grass. ;)

Neely
06-08-2005, 02:48 PM
A very bad start by Waske, lots of double faults and pathetic returning. Nadal had no problems at all and had almost nothing but 60 seconds service games. Waske's volleys also sucked, only his serve allowed Waske to stay in the match and in this 2nd set. The change came at the end of the 2nd set as Waske saw his first break points and all of sudden he was able to return the ball much better and got the ball in play and he made some very important points. In the third set Waske was full of confidence and even won baseline rallies against Nadal with great shots. Waske's serve and volley game began to be rock-solid and he has beaten Nadal with an overall great performance for his standards and what might be his biggest win in his career forever (I don't think he will ever beat somebody higher ranked than Nadal ;) )

Congrats Alexander, great match! :clap2: :banana: But also respect for Nadal for at least showing up at this tournament despite not having much time to prepare for this and everybody thought he might pull out anyway.

Waske took his chance today against an unprepared Nadal who must be still overwhelmed because of his success on Sunday :yeah:

I'm happy for Waske because this guy is so terrific and he will prolly never do something big in singles ever in his career and he also was late starter in his tennis career. But he didn't give up and believes in his chance to achieve something and contributed everything he's got for the German tennis team in Davis Cup and WTC in the past.

Sorry Rafa... Waske had the better fist pump today! :) ;)

tangerine_dream
At least he managed to win a set. :)

Now he can go home and enjoy his FO win.

croat123
i called this when the draw came out :p

Alvarillo
:lol: Nadal can play on grass as the best players but 2 days after winning a Grand Slam, in a surface in which hasn't played for 2 years, with blisters and against a good server ...
also isn't strange, Safin, Federer with more days to rest were close to the defeat in 1st rounds.. so everyone is having trouble to play these first days !

you should have rest! but anyway, congrats for the effort you are doing to improve in this surface! ;)

Fumus
06-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Nadal probably a bit tired.

Eve83
06-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Well done by Alex...it was kinda funny to see Rafa doing the interview after the match with Becker;)

No surprise for me...and I get some v-cash!

Good luck to both players on grass

SuperFurryAnimal
06-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm proud of you, Alex! :worship:

connectolove
06-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Rafa has no chance in other surfaces, he needs to practice a lot!

The Americans were right, he is a dirtballer, for now.

Puschkin
Somehow a return to "normal". RG-winners don't win Halle and the other way round, unless your name is Evgenij Kafelnikov;).

Eve83

Nah...I think he will bounce back during the american hardcourt season

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Did that Waske pump his fist to his crowd? :rolleyes:

Bilbo
06-08-2005, 02:53 PM
anyone surprised?

Alvarillo
06-08-2005, 02:54 PM

and a Final in Miami? is also on clay???

Auscon
06-08-2005, 02:54 PM
now he can take that extremely well deserved break :)

Neely
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Did that Waske pump his fist to his crowd? :rolleyes:
Of course, several times, that was really worth a huge fist pump beating Nadal today after he didn't win a singles maindraw match since April last year!!!!!!

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Well done Waske, was a good performance for his standards.

I didn´t see Nadal bad at all during two first sets, in the last one he didn´t have a clue about how to return Waske´s serve and wasn´t sharp enough with his shots. A lot of work to be done, but sure he will improve, we will shut big mouths in style, like he has been doing this year :yeah:

Haute
I guess it comes as no surprise really that Nadal won, did anyone really expect him to make the transition to grass this fast?

Lee
:banana: Waske. This guy deserves some recognition!

Kudo to Nadal showed up and won a set.

Nikki♥
That´s the price you have to pay when you are not completely fit but show up at a tournament anyway. I hope Rafael´s blisters heal as soon as possible and he will be fully recovered in time for Wimbledon. Grass may not be his surface but with a lot of practice he will soon stun his critics on the green stuff as well.

loeliepoelie
Rafa said in his interview afterwards that he's exhausted and that he's going home for a while... He also said his blisters are really painful... I'm assuming this means he'll pull out of the doubles match... Wise decision, go lie on the beach a few days!!!

tennis4eva
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Good for him that he won a set! :)
When I think about how many matches he's played on clay in the past two months.....it must be rather traumatic to play on grass. Tennis on grass is so different, it will take Rafa awhile, but I think thay if he works hard he can be quite successful on grass!

Neely
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
anyone surprised?
Yes, after I saw how extremely pathetic Waske's return games have been for one and half sets in the 1st and 2nd set I must say I'm surprised he turned this around out of nothing as he didn't even come close troubling Nadal on his serve before.

tennis4eva
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
That´s the price you have to pay when you are not completely fit but show up at a tournament anyway. I hope Rafael´s blisters heal as soon as possible and he will be fully recovered in time for Wimbledon. Grass may not be his surface but with a lot of practice he will soon stun his critics on the green stuff as well.
;) My thoughts exactly!

Shabazza
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Not this year though!

croat123
06-08-2005, 02:59 PM
and a Final in Miami? is also on clay???
nope, but the closest thing to it. it's a high bounce, slow hardcourt. really the only hardcourt tournament i can see him doing well at.

you have to face it, he's a claycourter. he knows it as well. he went to mexico and south america instead of playing on carpet in europe and hardcourts in the u.s. against top players.

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Yes, after I saw how extremely pathetic Waske's return games have been for one and half sets in the 1st and 2nd set I must say I'm surprised he turned this around out of nothing as he didn't even come close troubling Nadal on his serve before.

I´m sure he didn´t see Waske winning after 1st set ended. ;)

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
nope, but the closest thing to it. it's a high bounce, slow hardcourt. really the only hardcourt tournament i can see him doing well at.

you have to face it, he's a claycourter. he knows it as well. he went to mexico and south america instead of playing on carpet in europe and hardcourts in the u.s. against top players.

Here comes one of those who said Ljubicic was a much better player than Nadal at the beginning of the year. Didn´t u have enough embarrasement? ;)

Neely
06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
I think so. Waske got a lucky break that you couldn't see coming at all at the end of the 2nd set.

Nikki♥
06-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Not this year though!

Yes, that´s right. It´s only a couple of weeks to go until Wimbledon and I doubt that he can actually practice that much with the huge blisters he has. I thought OMFG when I saw his finger, it was totally red and looked terrible to say the least.

With a good draw he might be able to get past the first round in Wimbledon, the rest we will see.

Nikki♥
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM

Neither of us did, I guess.

After the first set I thought that Rafael was going to win this match in two. :o

the cat
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Nadal should have rested the week after he won the French Open. After such a long clay court seaspn he was playing on fumes in Halle and it showed in his play. This is not a bad loss because he can rest the rest of this week and try to get adjusted to grass courts in practice.

connectolove
06-08-2005, 03:04 PM
He has to play doubles with Lopez, get used to grass.

Corinna
alex :worship:

PamV
This is a blessing!! The pressure is off, he knows he won't win Wimbledon, we know he won't, go ho and rest.

I am glad for you kid, just go home and let Roger take his title.

You are right. The thing is resting and not worrying about Wimbledon will help his chances on hardcourt. The grass season is short.....it's not as if there are 3 Masters Seriers on grass up for grabs along with a major. Nadal is lucky that there are so many tournaments on clay.

Wimbledon will be hotly contested, there are more top opponents to worry about .... not just Roger. So it would be way too hard for Nadal to make a run there.

loeliepoelie
I'm just hoping he pulls out of doubles

Neely
06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
I see Nadal doing more well than Ljubicic ever did on hardcourt. Oh wait, he already DID BETTER because he's the one who reached the Miami TMS final and not Ivan who bowed out to certain player whose name is Rafael Nadal in the fourth round, right? :lol:

Kristen
Thankyou Nadal for handing this to Alexander :rolleyes:
I am so kidding. I'm a fan of Waske. I've seen him when he's fired up and I'm extremely pleased to see him take the bull by the horns and make use of any opportunity. (I actually looked twice at the scoreboard. I thought Livescore had screwed up!)

rue
I can't blame him for being exhausted. He would have won the match if he was fresh enough. He needs a break now and time to prepare for Wimbledon. I did not really expect him to do too well now which is okay. He is still a champion.

Nikki♥
06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
If I was him I would pull out of doubles, health is more important than anything else.

loeliepoelie
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
If I was him I would pull out of doubles, health is more important than anything else.

Well he said in his interview straight after the match that he was exhausted and that he was going home... So I assume that he will pull out...

rofe
06-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Here comes one of those who said Ljubicic was a much better player than Nadal at the beginning of the year. Didn´t u have enough embarrasement? ;)

Ljubicic is not a clay courter so what is your point? He did quite well on fast hardcourts and carpet this year. While I don't mind your support for Nadal, you are beginning to sound like Marko.

All we have seen Nadal play well on is clay. Lets see how well he does on grass and fast hardcourts shall we?

Nikki♥
06-08-2005, 03:09 PM
So I assume that he will pull out...

Thank god.

victory1
06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
You are right. The thing is resting and not worrying about Wimbledon will help his chances on hardcourt. The grass season is short.....it's not as if there are 3 Masters Seriers on grass up for grabs along with a major. Nadal is lucky that there are so many tournaments on clay.

Wimbledon will be hotly contested, there are more top opponents to worry about .... not just Roger. So it would be way too hard for Nadal to make a run there.

That's true, Hewitt and Roddick will be tough to beat on grass, not just Roger. I see this like the Henin and S Williams rivalry in 2003, Henin beat Serena to win the Semi to win the French so everyone was anticipating a battle when 4 weeks later they met in the semi at Wimbledon (both Henin and Serena had made previous Wimbledon finals), when Serena won 6-2, 6-3 I was highly disapointed.

knight_ley
06-08-2005, 03:12 PM
:hug: Rafa... now he can get his much needed rest... but I won't take away from Alex :yippee: I am so happy for him at the same time :banana: Keep it going Alex!!!!! :yeah:

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Ljubicic is not a clay courter so what is your point? He did quite well on fast hardcourts and carpet this year. While I don't mind your support for Nadal, you are beginning to sound like Marko.

All we have seen Nadal play well on is clay. Lets see how well he does on grass and fast hardcourts shall we?

Chill out. Good memory the one I have and I still can remember when some Ljubo´s fans predicted an anihilation of Nadal in Miami cause Ivan was a much better player. If you don´t like my reactions, there´s an useful ignore list very easy to use :wavey:

Action Jackson
06-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Deivid, you are nearly as pissing off as many people as I am, keep up the work.

Fumus
06-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Well I suppose if you were going to do poorly on a surface, you might as well make it Grass considering that clay has more total points you can earn overall than Grass does...

Rafa rocks!! ;)

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Deivid, you are nearly as pissing off as many people as I am, keep up the work.

I knew I´d have some fun in Nadal´s first defeat thread. ;)

roisin
06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Go & rest Rafa you nut!

Action Jackson
06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
I knew I´d have some fun in Nadal´s first defeat thread. ;)

Isn't time for the Rafa he is finished as a contender threads. :)

the cat
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I think Nadal needs a physiotherapist like Princesa! to watch out for him and help him adjust to various surfaces. :) ;) There was no way Nadal should have played Halle right after Roland Garros. That was ridiculous and his handlers are to blame. :(

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Isn't time for the Rafa he is finished as a contender threads. :)

Yeah, those will come up at night :)

NYCtennisfan
06-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Nadal will have a better showing at Wimbledon. He has a few weeks now to prepare. He's not going to win it, but I think he will make a dent there unless he gets someone really experienced on grass who's had good results early on.

NYCtennisfan
06-08-2005, 03:36 PM
On another note, I kept predicting he'd pull out and was shocked when he actually played. Why not rest up, practice a little on the grass and play a smaller tourny next week? Oh well. Wimbledon should be interesting.

foul_dwimmerlaik
06-08-2005, 03:44 PM
also isn't strange, Safin, Federer with more days to rest were close to the defeat in 1st rounds.. so everyone is having trouble to play these first days !
Um, Safin won his 1st rd 6-2, 6-3 or something.

Anyway, Nadal should go home and rest, his shedule is insane.

rofe
06-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Chill out. Good memory the one I have and I still can remember when some Ljubo´s fans predicted an anihilation of Nadal in Miami cause Ivan was a much better player. If you don´t like my reactions, there´s an useful ignore list very easy to use :wavey:

My point was, this is a Nadal match thread. Why are you dragging some other player into it? It is as silly as me saying that unlike Waske, Federer would have beaten Nadal in straight sets.

It seemed to me that you were going out of your way to defend Nadal's performance when in my opinion it is not really needed. Nadal is a good player and he will probably learn from his loss today.

Oh, and ignore lists are for wimps ;)

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 03:57 PM
My point was, this is a Nadal match thread. Why are you dragging some other player into it? It is as silly as me saying that unlike Waske, Federer would have beaten Nadal in straight sets.

I have my reasons to write a post, you may found them silly, feel free ;) . In this case, I wrote that bc that "read-between-the-lines" old quote of Nadal as a MM tourneys winner very popular at the beginning of the year (frequently used by Ljubo´s fans trying to discredit Nadal when comparing him to Ivan). Do u find some sense now?

It seemed to me that you were going out of your way to defend Nadal's performance when in my opinion it is not really needed. Nadal is a good player and he will probably learn from his loss today.

Oh, and ignore lists are for wimps ;)

Well I think explanation above should be enough

Jogy
06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
great for waske

I think in future Nadal will be medium player on grascourt

propi
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Congrats Rafa, you already have your personal troll collection :hearts::hearts::hearts:
Believe it or not, he'll be back :)

Rogiman
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
buuuuuuu

nadal only play good tennis clay not know play grass, buuuuuuu

nadal lose waske player number 54637 world big shame nadal

lau
06-08-2005, 04:34 PM
buuuuuuu

:scratch: I guess he`s tired... I`m not exactly a Nadal fan, but let`s wait till wimbledon ;) Obviously, grass is not his best surface, anyway...... :rolleyes:

NATAS81
06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Nadal won't go past R3 @ Wimbledon. This confirms it, regardless of health.

Rogiman
06-08-2005, 04:36 PM
:scratch: I guess he`s tired... I`m not exactly a Nadal fan, but let`s wait till wimbledon ;) Obviously, grass is not his best surface, anyway...... :rolleyes:

Obviously you haven't met Alexito the clay troll yet...

lau
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Obviously you haven't met Alexito the clay troll yet...
:lol: I read some of his posts. No comments :lol:

Seleshfan
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
buuuuuuu

:haha:

buuu....nadal all time call cow eat grass
buuuu...nadal all time have blisters
buuuuuu....nadal not good boy, I hate him

Julio1974
06-08-2005, 05:08 PM

he said better player... Maybe better soccer player? better ping pong player???

YoursTruly
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Nadal lost because of too much tennis, the quick switch of surfaces and being tired. He even said that himself. But not bad from him losing in three sets. He gave it his best shot.

vincayou
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Nadal needs rest anyway, and it's too early to judge his potential on grass. 3 days after my first GS win, I would probably have played drunk.

He looked 18 again today. :)

vincayou
06-08-2005, 05:20 PM
buuuuuuu

Has he ever buuuuuuuued Nadal. I can't remember.

Can I try myself please :) :

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Federer always draw easy like Soderling.
Nadal spirit no good for Germany big serve, talent grass tired.

GermanBoy
06-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Alex Waske, you are the best! :worship: :worship: :worship:

ys
06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Anyone seriously expected anything great from Nadal on grass?

vincayou
06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

I feared it. I still do.

Scotso
06-08-2005, 05:25 PM
People are overreacting. He just won a grand slam on another surface, and had almost no time to prepare for the new surface, whereas Waske did.

Not a big deal. He'll do better next week.

GermanBoy
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I don`t care which surface, I like Alex Waske very much and I dislike Nadal, that`s all. So I am happy for Alex! :D

ys
06-08-2005, 05:41 PM
People are overreacting. He just won a grand slam on another surface, and had almost no time to prepare for the new surface, whereas Waske did.

It does not matter. Kafelnikov reached Halle finals right after winning RG in 1996. And Kafelnikov was by no means a grasscourt ace. Nadal won't be even as good as Ferrero on grass.

Scotso
06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
It does not matter. Kafelnikov reached Halle finals right after winning RG in 1996. And Kafelnikov was by no means a grasscourt ace. Nadal won't be even as good as Ferrero on grass.

You're boring.

AnnabelLee
06-08-2005, 06:02 PM
nice one alex

Mechlan
06-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Good win for Alex. Not really a huge surprise, I guess. This makes me more interested to see how Nadal will do at Wimbledon.

mickymouse
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Good job, Waske!

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Well done Waske, was a good performance for his standards.

I didn´t see Nadal bad at all during two first sets, in the last one he didn´t have a clue about how to return Waske´s serve and wasn´t sharp enough with his shots. A lot of work to be done, but sure he will improve, we will shut big mouths in style, like he has been doing this year :yeah:
Indeed.

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Has he ever buuuuuuuued Nadal. I can't remember.

Can I try myself please :) :

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Federer always draw easy like Soderling.
Nadal spirit no good for Germany big serve, talent grass tired.
No need... we already have one of these.

lina_seta
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
mmm... nadal lost a match!!! fast everyone bash him! beat the #$%# out of him... anyway that is what ppl do to roger when he loses :rolleyes:

now whos the No 1 player in the world again? *evil smile*

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
mmm... nadal lost a match!!! fast everyone bash him! beat the #$%# out of him... anyway that is what ppl do to roger when he loses :rolleyes:

now whos the No 1 player in the world again? *evil smile*
You almost amused me, but the last part leaves me with no other option than to respond with this:

:retard:

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Good for Waske, btw. I'm sure he figured Nadal was ripe for the picking and went for it. And he's sort of cute, so I can forgive him. ;)

Adman
06-08-2005, 09:30 PM
As I have said time and time again since the World Team Cup Waske is on fire he seem to go from strength to strength good for him but back luck to the French Champ I think this was a little bit of fatigue mentally and physically.

Nastase
06-08-2005, 09:43 PM
How can you say that Waske is on fire when the only thing he did well was serving? He lacks of coordination in every move he makes and the WTC doesn't give me a point to judge his level I only say what I see him playing. Nadal was worn out after RG so for me this result was expectable, anyway he has to improve his serve pretty much is he pretends to get good results in this surface in the future.

megadeth
06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
i hate to say it, but i saw this coming... it's putting to much expectations for a 19-yr old to do well immediately. give him a few years and then he might one day do well on grass.

as a trivia, the price you pay for winning in RG is having trouble to do well on grass. borg was the last man's champion who won both the french and wimbledon in the same year

deliveryman
06-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Sorry I have to get this out:

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

NADAL LOST!!

megadeth
06-08-2005, 10:12 PM
it 'aint nice to do that. :) you gotta give the kid credit for being the most determined spaniard to do well on grass

Nastase
06-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Congratulations hater... :tape:

Raquel
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I saw Rafael play live on grass at Wimbledon 2 years ago. Granted he was playing some Brit wildcard but he moved well on the grass without any problems. 2 years later he's clearly improved a lot so I expect him to do reasonably well at Wimbledon and I don't think this result is a reflection of his ability on grass. If Nadal can get past say his first 2 matches at Wimbledon, the courts will become harder and suit him.

Tommy Robredo refused to shake Waske's hand after a match at the World Team Cup this year so I don't like him anyway :p

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Why did Robredo refuse to shake his hand?

binkygirl
06-08-2005, 10:20 PM
anyone surprised?

No. I wish I'd bet more vcash.. congrats Alexander!!

Lila
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
This is very surprising. :eek: :eek:

Lila
06-08-2005, 10:25 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

NADAL LOST!!

That is rude. :rolleyes:

Raquel
06-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Why did Robredo refuse to shake his hand?
I'm not sure if there was a specific incident but it was after a doubles and Tommy shook hands with Haas and then shook his head and refused to shake Waske's hand. The commentators suggested that Waske had been maybe using some gamesmanship and had been playing up to the crowd.

Skyward
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM

NADAL LOST!!

http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/7.gif

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 10:40 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/7.gif
Indeed. There are far more clever ways to celebrate a loss. What a poor excuse for a HATA he is.

SanTaureau Fan
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM

NADAL LOST!!

I might be wrong, but I think it's spelled

"HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA"

instead of

"HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA"

Seraphim
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM

"HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA"

instead of

"HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAvHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA"

OMFG!

Lee
06-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure if there was a specific incident but it was after a doubles and Tommy shook hands with Haas and then shook his head and refused to shake Waske's hand. The commentators suggested that Waske had been maybe using some gamesmanship and had been playing up to the crowd.

You mean Tommy was upset with Waske on something that he did vs Gaudio in Barcelona last year. :eek: :eek:

I like both Robredo and Waske, but it's not very wise of Tommy to behave like that.

rue
06-08-2005, 11:16 PM

Not a big deal. He'll do better next week.

I totally agree with that and it would been a whole other story if he had been defeated 6-1 6-1 or something, but actually won a set. The boy is tired and really has played too much tennis in the last few months. That victory on Sunday was a really emotional one and he expended a lot of energy in it. I am proud of him and just because he lost don't mean that he is doomed. He just won his first grandslam and people are overreacting. He can now rest and then be as fresh as possible for Wimbledon which I expect from him.

NATAS81
06-08-2005, 11:23 PM

instead of

And people gave me shit for having a large signature.

alexito
06-08-2005, 11:27 PM
is normal, nadal no is good in grass, and he comming from win in RG, he is tired. but federer is good in grass and number 1 and play bad yesterday, he very very lucky. for me, no is the best.

PamV
06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
:also isn't strange, Safin, Federer with more days to rest were close to the defeat in 1st rounds.. so everyone is having trouble to play these first days !

you should have rest! but anyway, congrats for the effort you are doing to improve in this surface! ;)

I wouldn't say Federer had much more time to rest than Nadal. He had to play a day earlier, while Nadal was given an extra day off. Also Soderling is a more accomplished player than Waske. Waske is 30 years old, ranked 183, and was 0-2 in singles matches this year. Soderling is ranked 47, and has won a title this year.

PamV
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
is normal, nadal no is good in grass, and he comming from win in RG, he is tired. but federer is good in grass and number 1 and play bad yesterday, he very very lucky. for me, no is the best.

It's not a big deal that Nadal lost to Waske. But why is it people will excuse Nadal for being tired, but not Federer? Don't you realize that Soderling was a much tougher 1st round opponent than Waske? Waske hasn't won any singles match the whole year.

JeNn
06-08-2005, 11:51 PM
God some people a dumb.

He even got his arse kicked on clay when he was tired coming from Miami.

This was not a suprise.

He will atleast reach R16 at Wimbledon, further depending on his draw. You watch.

SanTaureau Fan
06-08-2005, 11:52 PM
And people gave me shit for having a large signature.

And deservedly so.

binkygirl
06-09-2005, 12:49 AM

Yevgeny was older than Nadal at the time. Rafa will learn.

mandoura
06-09-2005, 12:55 AM

instead of

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

mandoura
06-09-2005, 01:04 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

PamV
06-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Nadal lost because of too much tennis, the quick switch of surfaces and being tired. He even said that himself. But not bad from him losing in three sets. He gave it his best shot.

True, but the same was so for Federer and people weren't willing to cut him any slack. Soderling is a tougher 1st round than Waske also.

Doesn't matter. Nadal could skip Wimbledon and it wouldn't matter.

lina_seta
06-09-2005, 02:13 AM

omg :rolleyes: so u r suggesting that nadal is the No 1 player in the world cuz he has ... lemme learn to count... i think yes.. 1 GS... when roger has like... mm.. 4? and becuz this year he has been quite a dominant force.. up til now this year only?... wow what a hype... go on contradict both the race and entry ranking...

AND nadal loses in 1st round he is normal, then federer COULD have lost in first round then he is worst than nadal and a lucky winner.. ohm.. not a strong argument.. dude ur in the top of the hype come back to earth...

THEN lemme tell u.. nadal is no good in GRASS and he lost.. yet roger is not AS good in clay YET he reached semis and has many clay titles FOR GOD SAKES :rolleyes: thats leaves u with no excuses

PPL LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE JUGDING OTHERS

Scotso
06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
The Nadal-bashing by Roger fans is getting really old really fast. If you feel so unthreatened by Nadal, why all the antics? Get over it.

lina_seta
06-09-2005, 02:40 AM
The Nadal-bashing by Roger fans is getting really old really fast. If you feel so unthreatened by Nadal, why all the antics? Get over it.

ohm READ the 1st page before concluding anything

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2005, 06:44 AM
:yeah:

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2005, 06:45 AM
True, but the same was so for Federer and people weren't willing to cut him any slack. Soderling is a tougher 1st round than Waske also.

Doesn't matter. Nadal could skip Wimbledon and it wouldn't matter.
It would to FedTrolls like you who would use it as material to bash him with. How very sad you are :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2005, 06:47 AM
omg :rolleyes: so u r suggesting that nadal is the No 1 player in the world cuz he has ... lemme learn to count... i think yes.. 1 GS... when roger has like... mm.. 4? and becuz this year he has been quite a dominant force.. up til now this year only?... wow what a hype... go on contradict both the race and entry ranking...

AND nadal loses in 1st round he is normal, then federer COULD have lost in first round then he is worst than nadal and a lucky winner.. ohm.. not a strong argument.. dude ur in the top of the hype come back to earth...

THEN lemme tell u.. nadal is no good in GRASS and he lost.. yet roger is not AS good in clay YET he reached semis and has many clay titles FOR GOD SAKES :rolleyes: thats leaves u with no excuses

PPL LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE JUGDING OTHERS
You just spent more than two seconds responding to alexito. The joke's on you :lol:

deliveryman
06-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Until Nadal wins halle or queens multiple times, and at least reaches the semis of Wimbledon. He will have the same respect I have for Federer.

Mimi
06-09-2005, 06:56 AM
don't worry, he will, he is still young :devil: :p
Until Nadal wins halle or queens multiple times, and at least reaches the semis of Wimbledon. He will have the same respect I have for Federer.

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2005, 06:56 AM
I think that he can sleep well at night knowing that he has the respect of his opponents and the entire tennis community.

And could you please change your flag? You are a complete embarassment to my nation. I like to pretend that people this stupid don't live here. They do, but I do everything I can to ignore them, damnit.

Neely
06-09-2005, 06:59 AM
How can you say that Waske is on fire when the only thing he did well was serving? He lacks of coordination in every move he makes and the WTC doesn't give me a point to judge his level I only say what I see him playing. Nadal was worn out after RG so for me this result was expectable, anyway he has to improve his serve pretty much is he pretends to get good results in this surface in the future.
Granted that Waske's return game was utterly pathetic for more than one and a half set, but still explain me how Waske later in the match managed to break Nadal at the end of the 2nd set and in the 3rd set if the only thing that Waske did was serving?

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 07:10 AM

And that was the reason Tommy refused to shake his hand? How childish of him!? As if the Spaniards wouldn't play up the crowds if the match was held in their country... Maybe not Robredo, because he's barely showing any emotion on court, but Rafa or other 'more extravert' players would. It happens all the time! I guess he just was pissed about Spain losing in the WTC! I'm really disappointed in Tommy if this story is true!

By the way... what a fuss about Nadal losing a match! The guy's only human, he's no machine! He was bound to lose a match one day. That's no surprise for someone who has had a winning streak for almost 30 matches.
And it's nice for Waske that he was the guy to beat him. But it could have been any other player... It's probably for the better for Nadal... It gives him some rest, something he really needed after playing so many tough matches the last couple of weeks.

For me personally, I was happy for Waske, since he's one of my fave players. It's no use slagging of his victory by saying he 'only served well'. A win is a win, no arguing about that. Of course his serve was a big weapon, but that's always the case with Waske. Would you guys say that as well if it were Roddick or Safin who had beaten Nadal? Players have weapons and use them. Waske does so, but so does Nadal and any other.

Nikki♥
06-09-2005, 07:10 AM
:lol: The pathetic haters in this thread are amusing me. Keep the nasty, brainless comments coming.

Chloe le Bopper
06-09-2005, 07:19 AM
I'll do my best.

Neely
06-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Waske in his interview complimented Nadal for his achievements and thought that it is stunning how much energy Nadal leaves on the court, how fast he is and that Nadal is a good enrichment for tennis. He also said that it was hard for himself to concentrate on playing, because he might have gotten caught marvelling when he was playing against Nadal because he's doing such unbelievable things :lol: He valued highly that Nadal even came to Halle after his marathon the last week(s) and that he wanted to give 100% in this match again.

Nikki♥
06-09-2005, 07:30 AM
I'll do my best.

I wasn´t talking about you. ;)

Alvarillo
06-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Rafa will withdraw from Rosmalen to rest and he'll travel to London 5 or 6 days before Wimbledon to practice there!

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Waske in his interview complimented Nadal for his achievements and thought that it is stunning how much energy Nadal leaves on the court, how fast he is and that Nadal is a good enrichment for tennis. He also said that it was hard for himself to concentrate on playing, because he might have gotten caught marvelling when he was playing against Nadal because he's doing such unbelievable things :lol: He valued highly that Nadal even came to Halle after his marathon the last week(s) and that he wanted to give 100% in this match again.

That shows Waske is a great guy, and extremely funny as well! But we (his fans) already knew that! :yeah:

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Rafa will withdraw from Rosmalen to rest and he'll travel to London 5 or 6 days before Wimbledon to practice there!

What the source for your message? Or are you just assuming this? Since I'm going to Rosmalen, I'd like to know if he's going to be there.

CocoT_Do
06-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Poor baby, he's too tired!! :sad:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-09-2005, 11:01 AM
You mean Tommy was upset with Waske on something that he did vs Gaudio in Barcelona last year. :eek: :eek:

I like both Robredo and Waske, but it's not very wise of Tommy to behave like that.

Ventua refused to shake hands too.

Here are some details about that match.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=1713961#post1713961

But I agree that he and his partner were not wise to do that even I hate Waske and the crowd was agasint them.

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Ventua refused to shake hands too.

Here are some details about that match.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=1713961#post1713961

But I agree that he and his partner were not wise to do that even I hate Waske and the crowd was agasint them.

:lol: How can you 'hate' someone you don't even know??

Very detailed indeed... NOT. You just write about him playing up the fans... If your 'T Rob' had more feeling for atmosphere and would not be playing 'just for himself', he would have done the same thing, especially if the match was played in his own country!
The crowd would have been against the Germans if the match was played in Spain. That's the way sports goes...

CocoT_Do
06-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey guys don't forget that the thread is about Rafa and no the team cup!!
And when we said that we "hate" a player it's just an expression like when we said that we love an other one we don't know them so we can't judge them!! It's a way to speak!!

PamV
06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
The reason this happens is that the Nadal fans bash Roger at ever turn. It gets annoying that there is a double standard for Nadal and Federer. Nadal can lose because he's tired, but not Federer.

Bilbo
06-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey guys don't forget that the thread is about Rafa and no the team cup!!

Sure the thread is about Rafa like every one.

Remember Waske beat Nadal not Nadal beat Waske so the thread is about Waske.

What an idiot. :rolleyes:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-09-2005, 12:01 PM
:lol: How can you 'hate' someone you don't even know??

Very detailed indeed... NOT. You just write about him playing up the fans... If your 'T Rob' had more feeling for atmosphere and would not be playing 'just for himself', he would have done the same thing, especially if the match was played in his own country!
The crowd would have been against the Germans if the match was played in Spain. That's the way sports goes...

I saw that match and I started hating that guy,just like some guys hate Robredo.Yeah it's subjective to like or dislike someone even though I "can be" objective...
Plus T Rob is not mine. ;)

Kristen
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Excuse me while I adjust my list....
I once only had Hewitt and Sanguinetti. Now add:
Wayne Arthurs, Todd Woodbridge, Jurgen Melzer(cocky bastard!), Pretty much every German, Spaniards, every swede that ever played tennis except Soderling because his tennis is almost comatose, right GWH? :p And while I'm at it. Add Roger too. Such arrogance;) They are all bastards for playing up to the crowds. Who's with me! ;)

Seriously though... can we please start two new threads where guys I like can be disliked for their personality or tennis?

That's Jonas... and Jarkko. My other guys have had some already thanks. As for Mr Waske. I know he can be really pumped on the court. I saw him in Australia. Had he been playing with someone other than Jurgen, and been playing against a guy I'm fond of (eg Mirnyi/Bjorkman) I may also have thought his behaviour a little on the ass-ish side. But... I wouldn't hate him. I don't even hate Mr. Hewitt :hug: You guys should check out the Waske thread. There's more reason to dislike him :kiss:

NATAS81
06-09-2005, 12:22 PM
And deservedly so.
Right, when it lasted approximately 5 minutes.

Alvarillo
06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
What the source for your message? Or are you just assuming this? Since I'm going to Rosmalen, I'd like to know if he's going to be there.

the sourcde is a Spanish newspaper, MARCA

Rafael Nadal atribuyó su primera derrota en 24 partidos al cansancio acumulado tras su victoria en Roland Garros y anunció que se tomará una pausa en Mallorca antes ponerse a preparar Wimbledon (he will go to Mallorca before Wimbledon). "He cometido muchos errores, porque estaba muy cansado. Los problemas físicos han sido la causa de la derrota", dijo Nadal tras caer eliminado en el torneo de Halle.

"Waske fue demasiado bueno para mí. De todas maneras, el partido ha sido importante de cara a Wimbledon, ya que ahora conozco mejor cómo se funciona en césped. Nunca he conseguido alcanzar miritmo sobre césped", aseguró el ganador de Roland Garros.

Sobre el partido, el mallorquín reconoció que, cansado, no había podido imprimir velocidad a su juego y que eso le impidió alcanzar el ritmo mostrado en París.

Renuncia al dobles
Nadal tenía previsto disputar un partido de dobles junto con Feliciano López, de nuevo contra Waske y Nicolas Kiefer. Sin embargo, Nadal decidió cancelarlo por una ampolla en el dedo de la mano.

Tras su eliminación en Halle, el tenista volará a Mallorca, donde se tomará tres días de pausa en los entrenamientos, según anunció. Después, el lunes o el martes de la próxima semana, pretende volar aLondres para empezar a prepararse para Wimbledon, que arranca el próximo día 20. - After Halle he will comeback to Mallorca where he will rest for 3 days, then on Monday or Tuesday he will flight to London to practice on grass before Wimby

Pensó en retirarse
"Me he sentido mejor que en el entrenamiento del martes. Aunque por la prolongación del partido sentí dificultades físicas que hasta me hicieron pensar en la retirada", anunció Nadal.

Daniel
06-10-2005, 02:36 AM
WAske :kiss:

Kristen
06-10-2005, 02:41 AM
WAske :kiss:
Yep ;)
This is the photo that made me a fan ;) lol then I learnt more about him. :woohoo:

+alonso
06-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Great Job Waske :D