Foxtel owners rejoice....... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Foxtel owners rejoice.......

aura of moya
07-24-2002, 03:56 AM
Hi guys,

Just look at the foxtel guide I got today, and looked straight at the sports guide and was disappointed to see that apart from the US Open coverage, there would be no other tennis coverage. :sad:

I turned to the next page, and my disappointment turned to joy as there was a big advert saying
"Game On, Get you fix with over 65 international sports. ESPN is coming to Foxtel from 1st September"

Being a huge NBA fan as well as a huge tennis fan, I cant wait. ESPN has the right to all the Master Series events for the Men's side, and hopefully they will get some of the rights to the Womens tour as well.

The ad said "ATP Tennis", so for the time being, I cant see the Women getting coverage yet, but Foxtel sport shows some of the WTA and ESPN will show ATP, so I'm getting happier......hehehe.

Simon V

aura of moya
07-24-2002, 04:19 AM
Hi guys,

Check the guide a little closer, and found that they are showing a bit of tennis in August.

They are showing:

ATP Legg Mason Semi Finals Sunday 18th 4.30pm - 7pm
ATP Legg Mason Final Monday 19th 9.30am - 11am

WTA Rogers AT & T Cup Montreal Semi Finals Friday 23rd 10am - 1pm
WTA Rogers AT & T Cup Montreal Final Saturday 24th 1.30pm - 3pm

ATP Hamlet Cup Semi Finals Sunday 25th 4.30pm - 6.30pm
ATP Hamlet Cup Final Monday 26th 11am - 1pm

Then daily from Tuesday 27th to Saturday 31st (end of monthly guide)

US Open 7am - 3pm Night Sessions Live
3pm - 12pm Day Session Highlights

Hopefully they show the 2nd week live unlike the end of Wimbledon.

Free to Air Channel 9 in Australia should show day sessions live, so we Aussies should get the best of both worlds.

Cant wait for ESPN.........have to say it again......hehehe :)

Simon V :bounce:

Allie
07-24-2002, 04:57 AM
awwww that's great for you Aussies. :)

Raven
07-24-2002, 06:00 AM
I love the US Open coverage co we get the night matches live here in the mornings/afternoons!

Anyway, any idea on whether ESPN is going to be free? I hope we dont have to pay extra for it :o

aura of moya
07-24-2002, 06:06 AM
Hey Raven,

We shouldn't have to, because it should just be an addition to the 2 fox sports channel, and if they were planning on charging, they probably would have told us by now ;)

Cheers

Simon V

Magnus's #1 Fan
07-24-2002, 08:18 AM
No WTA matches on Optus :fiery: except the US Open!! :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
07-24-2002, 08:58 AM
With ESPN comes ESPN commentary,, hehe

Enjoy :cool:

Lisbeth
07-24-2002, 09:22 AM
Well hooray!

and I'm thinking the commentary can't be that much worse than the drivel we get now??!!

Dissident
07-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca

LOL
We can always turn the volume to zero! :o

Raven
07-24-2002, 03:20 PM
lol Becca :p

thanx Simon, yeah your propably right!! ;)

TennisHack
07-25-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca

And the amazing way the only seem to feature American players, especially the ones Patrick McEnroe likes.

If you had witnessed the horror that was "Roland Garros via ESPN", I don't think you'd be quite as enthusiastic about the whole deal.