Happy Birthday, Jarkko! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Happy Birthday, Jarkko!

TennisHack
07-23-2002, 10:00 PM
July 23rd marks 21 years for my favorite Finn, Jarkko Nieminen. He's also ranked in the Top 40 for the first time in his career, so many congratulations!!

Are there any other Finnish fans out there?

Static
07-23-2002, 11:08 PM
:bounce: Happy B day Jarkko! :bounce:

Daniel
07-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Happy Birthday!!!

:D :D :D :D

Dissident
07-24-2002, 02:09 AM
I had the opportunity to watch Jarkko in that first tournament he came out... Late last year, he lost the final to Enqvist. Ive been sort of following him since then. :)

Happy Birthday, Jarkko! And good luck getting even higher on those rankings!

J_Nieminen fan
07-24-2002, 08:30 AM
I was in Tampere yesterday watching Jarkko to play against Jerome Haehnel!!Jarkko won!!Hurray!!

P S . I am going to Tampere at thursday to see how Jarkko is playing then!!He plays against his country man Janne Ojala!!
Go Jarkko!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JARKKO!!

INSIDE NEWS: Yesterday Jarkko got birthday cake straight to his face by tournament director...It was funny!!:bounce: :bounce:

lin
07-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Happy Birthday Jarkko :) :)

TennisHack
07-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Hitman: The Stockholm Open, right? That was an amazing tournament. He qualified and went all the way to the final. I think the screaming Finnish fans at Roland Garros cemented him into my "must-follow" group. :)

JN Fan: Haha! I was wondering if they were going to do anything for him at the tournament itself. I went to the website and he's all over the place, the darling of the tourney :D

Dissident
07-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Yes, TennisHack. Stockholm. I just found the draw among my papers... And I made a mistake. He didnt lose the final to Enqvist, but to Schalken. Sorry. He beat Thomas in the semis, and that was the match that most impressed me. I got all confused. lol
Here is a blast from the past featuring Jarkko´s Stockholm tourney. ;)
1st R - Df. Kristian Pless
2nd R - Df. Younes El Aynaoui (7)
Quarters - Df. Thomas Johansson (3)
Semis - Df. Thomas Enqvist (5)
Final - lost to Sjeng Schalken (6)

:)

TennisHack
07-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by hitman
Here is a blast from the past featuring Jarkko's Stockholm tourney. ;)
1st R - Df. Kristian Pless
2nd R - Df. Younes El Aynaoui (7)
Quarters - Df. Thomas Johansson (3)
Semis - Df. Thomas Enqvist (5)
Final - lost to Sjeng Schalken (6)

I feauture Jarkko on my site, and remember while researching his bio finding this amazing run. Johansson was the defending champion, I believe (or was it Enqvist?). He really is an amazing player, and I hope he can win that tourney this year, haha :)

Dissident
07-25-2002, 02:24 AM
I guess Enqvist was the defending champion. Thats where I got confused from, maybe.
:)

TennisHack
07-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Aye, how much changes in a year . . .

Happy 22nd, darling! :kiss:

Fieke
07-27-2003, 06:18 PM
O my, I can't believe I did not see this thread :o

Happy B-day Jarkko
three kisses Belgian style from me :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: