Kohlschreiber upsets J. Johansson 7-6(4) 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kohlschreiber upsets J. Johansson 7-6(4) 6-1

Neely
06-07-2005, 04:28 PM
:worship:

Wow, what a great match from Kohlschreiber. He hit winners all over the court and handled Johansson's returnable serves pretty well with good returns that made it very difficult for PimPim to dominate like he usually does. But PimPim really looked weak once the ball was in play, he was much better last season in the rallies and more aggressive and powerful in his groundstrokes. He's not yet back to full power since a few injury problems the last weeks...

But this was a very successful first ever singles match on grass for Kohlschreiber, well done! :yeah:

Auscon
06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
so much for Johansson putting some fear in his opponents before Wimbledon :)

Fergie
06-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Well done Philipp! :yeah:

Stevens Point
06-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Has he won any match lately???

Auscon
06-07-2005, 04:33 PM

Asides from winning Adelaide, I can't remember him doing bugger all this season

Neely
06-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Kohlschreiber came with an 11 match losing streak on ATP level into this tournament and it was his first ever singles match on grass for him in his career.

So a very BIG surprise he was upsetting PimPim today! :eek:

Stevens Point
06-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Kohlschreiber came with an 11 match losing streak on ATP level into this tournament and it was his first ever singles match on grass for him in his career.

Ah, I meant if Johansson won any match lately.

But, good to know that Kohlschreiber had this losing streak and it was his first grass match ever. Congrats!!

Auscon
06-07-2005, 04:46 PM

Kohlschreiber had a decent AO right?

tangerine_dream
06-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Geez, what's up with Joachim lately? :confused:

robinhood
06-07-2005, 04:47 PM
PimPim, just don't show up at Wimby semis.

Neely
06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Kohlschreiber had a decent AO right?
Yes, this fourth round when he got a bit lucky that Massu had to retire which opened his section quite nicely getting beatable opponents until he ran into Roddick.

Horatio Caine
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
:eek: :eek: Wasn't expecting that at all...his serves should have been difficult to pick up what with the skidding on the grass... :shrugs:

Maybe it is his lack of match practise and confidence that is getting him down right now..he had that shoulder injury before. Well done Kohlscreiber though!

Horatio Caine
06-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes, this fourth round when he got a bit lucky that Massu had to retire which opened his section quite nicely getting beatable opponents until he ran into Roddick.

Gave Roddick a decent match if I remember too

midsommardagen
06-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Asides from winning Adelaide, I can't remember him doing bugger all this season

he also won Marseille. But then he had injury and then the clay season so yes he hasn't won lately. :mad:

Sommarsverige
06-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I don´t understand either what is wrong with Pim Pim :confused:

I thought he would be so motivated and play great matches when the grass season has finally arrived, but it doesn´t seem so.
I haven´t watched the match against Kohlschreiber yet, but will do it later
cos I want to know what went wrong... :(

tomtom
06-07-2005, 05:50 PM

i saw him last week in fürth playing a challenger (where he got the final) and he already impressed me there. but i'm surprised he played such a big match on grass today - fürth was on clay - and this in his first ever match on this surface! respect! :worship:

Scotso
06-07-2005, 05:51 PM
congrats Philipp :)

PimPim blows lately.

Chris Seahorse
06-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Joachim sure as hell ain't going to beat Federer in the Wimbledon semis playing like that :lol:. That looks like the end of the Federer Birthday Semi Final Jinx.

Rogiman
06-07-2005, 06:18 PM
So much for him being everyone's favourite for Wimbledon :rolleyes:

foul_dwimmerlaik
06-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Go Kohlschriber!

heya
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
:bigclap:

MissPovaFan
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Great win Philip! :D Pim Pim is having an apalling year post-Australian Open!

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, Pim's really taken the dumps lately.

This is just a tuneup tourney, and his serve is so accurate you never know what he'll do.

It's very rare he wins only 1 game in a set on a fast surface, this is bad.

Denise
06-07-2005, 08:19 PM
J. Johansson :sad::crying2:

deflori
06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Nice Job Kohli ;)

lucashg
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Ouch, I didn't expect that at all. But as you're saying the guy played so well, guess we should still look out for PimPim. However, I do hope he doesn't regain his form in time for Wimbledon. Sorry.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
What's to be sorry about?

He's got alot of potential, 2nd fastest serve behind Roddick, potentially most accurate.

Like the coach said "he was serving them all in".

bad gambler
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
LOL nice going JJ

Threat to Wimbledon my ass

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah, 7-6 is a real demolition. Poor you.

Lee
06-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Great job Kohlschreiber! :bigclap: Hope he will put a few good matches together.

Kat!
06-08-2005, 09:34 AM
it seems that everyone expects a lot from PimPim "just because" he has a big serve. He has never really proven himself on the surface yet. (well, 4th round in Wimbledon last year is not too bad) - but that's pretty much all he has to show for so far.

Plus he's just back from injury and is obviously lacking match fitness - it's not *end of the world*-ish surprising is it?

slipmaskin
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM
lol. It's been absolutely hilarious following Pim-Pim's latest attempts at playing the game affectionately known as tennis.. his performances on clay were a lolfest from start to finish, the one over in Rome in particular has to be one of the most embarrassing matches I've ever seen... and now this. It's painfully obvious that Pim-Pim's all-or-nothing-game's been extremely fragmentary and fractured as of late, not even allowing him to snatch a single victory... I'm sad to say that all I can do is laugh, 'cause the amateurish level he's been playing on for the last couple of months just proves that he needs to put A LOT of work into his game, if he intends to make any kind of progress. All in all, completely lolworthy.

Action Jackson
06-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm sad to say that all I can do is laugh, 'cause the amateurish level he's been playing on for the last couple of months just proves that he needs to put A LOT of work into his game, if he intends to make any kind of progress. All in all, completely lolworthy.

It's funny he has one of the best coaches, but Fedde can't win the matches for him.