Who plays with one-handed backhand? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who plays with one-handed backhand?

ultraX
06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi all!

I don't know if this thread has been already posted before but anyway

Since I'm a left-handed and I play with one-handed backhand, I'm just wonderring if any of u guys are also play like that too.

It's also nice if u could mention what type of racquet do u current own?
:bounce:

btw, right-handed players are also welcome!

Haute
06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Hello :)

I'm a left-hander also, and I play with a one-hand backhand more than the two-hand. It just feels so much more natural and easier to use than the two-hand for me. A lot of people say they hate the one-hand, but I love it. :D

Right now I'm using a Prince Force 3.

Auscon
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM
not a left hander, but I do play with a 1hander backhand

Same as Sol Apollo said, it just feels so much more natural....I have problems getting both of my arms to work together smoothly enough to get a double hander to work :)

Seleshfan
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I play one handed, but my backhand sucks lately!!! I play with a Volkl.

RonE
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Left handed single handed backhand here. I play with the Head Prestige Intelligence.

Haute
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Same as Sol Apollo said, it just feels so much more natural....I have problems getting both of my arms to work together smoothly enough to get a double hander to work :)

I can play either one just fine, I just prefer the one-hander because it's more fun. :p

I have been teaching myself to play right-handed, and I've having that same problem as you with the two-hand backhand. It just might be a problem with the right-hand, since the motion is kind of awkward (I feel like I'm going to choke myself trying to play a right-hand two-hand backhand...that was a lot of hands lol).

silverwhite
06-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a right-handed two=hander, but it feels unnatural for me. I've always been tempted to switch to a one-hander. :devil: I use the Wilson nCode Six-One Tour, which seems to be used by more one-handers. :shrug:

ultraX
06-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Hello Sol Apollo!

same here for me, I think playing one-handed backhand gives me more control and finesse in my game. When I hit it with topsin I really feel it. As far as I concern, most of clay players I mean most of European players (french and spanish) they also use one-handed as backhand.

I've tried to play with 2-handed but it doesn't fit on me and not really my style. It's also hard to get low balls though
:)

Hello :)

I'm a left-hander also, and I play with a one-hand backhand more than the two-hand. It just feels so much more natural and easier to use than the two-hand for me. A lot of people say they hate the one-hand, but I love it. :D

Right now I'm using a Prince Force 3.

ultraX
06-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree with you, when I first started I played with one-handed cuz I just feel hitting the ball more deep than with 2-handed.

right now, I play with a Yonex MP2i

and what type of racquet do u own?

ultraX
06-07-2005, 07:42 PM
It's interesting teaching uself to play right-handed but I guess it's really hard to adapt it. I've never tried it myself though

I can play either one just fine, I just prefer the one-hander because it's more fun. :p

I have been teaching myself to play right-handed, and I've having that same problem as you with the two-hand backhand. It just might be a problem with the right-hand, since the motion is kind of awkward (I feel like I'm going to choke myself trying to play a right-hand two-hand backhand...that was a lot of hands lol).

ultraX
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
give a try with one-handed backhand, it's really different and it feels really cool while hitting the ball with it. Sure, you can hit more angle

Since u like Richard Gasquet, I think u really know what I mean :)

I have a right-handed two=hander, but it feels unnatural for me. I've always been tempted to switch to a one-hander. :devil: I use the Wilson nCode Six-One Tour, which seems to be used by more one-handers. :shrug:

Haute
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
It's interesting teaching uself to play right-handed but I guess it's really hard to adapt it. I've never tried it myself though

It's actually not that bad. When I first started it, I was actually hitting the forehand more solidly, but flatter, than with my left-hand. :p

silverwhite
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
give a try with one-handed backhand, it's really different and it feels really cool while hitting the ball with it. Sure, you can hit more angle

Since u like Richard Gasquet, I think u really know what I mean :)

My coach refuses, so... :p

Angle Queen
06-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Rightie here who usually uses a two-hander...but current circumstances are forcing a change. I'm still using the thumb and forefinger of the left hand to guide the racket to the proper position so it's not a true one-handed effort yet. I shank a lot of balls from behind the baseline. On the run, though, the one-handed version seems very natural.

New coach has actually taken us through some drills with a two-handed forehand...to get us to believe that the one-handed BH can be accomplished. I don't see how Seles did it.

ultraX
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
why he refuses?

My coach refuses, so... :p

ultraX
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
I don't get that why most of coach refuses using one-handed backhand?? He better has a good explanation. Does anyone could answer that please? (it seems like American coaches force their student to use it)

here are some of my explanation why I only use one-handed backhand:

with one-handed u get more control
with one-handed u hit the ball more natural
with one-handed it's easier to take balls while running
with one-handed it's easier to take low balls
with one-handed u don't look handicap
with one-handed it's so beautiful to watch while u hit it
with one-handed it's classic style not only for clay players but I'm pretty sure most of us recognize... :)