Is Federer drepressed? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Federer drepressed?

connectolove
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
He is losing against Robin Soderling 6 - 7 and 4 - 3 at the moment...
That is not him... :eek:

Lady Natalia
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
No he is not depressed...He is human

rofe
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
His self-belief seems to have taken a nosedive - maybe it is depression...or he is unable to adjust to grass after a long period playing on clay.

RogerRocks
06-07-2005, 03:09 PM
He does not seem depsressed. Just he's having a rather touch match against a tough oponent right now

Shy
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
he is unable to adjust to grass after a long period playing on clay.
Well he only has two day to adjust. He has to ply the price for doing well in RG.

bandabou
06-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Soderling is no pushover....but yeah, didn´t expect roger to be struggling like this.

Nikki♥
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
No he is not depressed...He is human

I second that.

He is no robot who is able to always give 101%.

TheMightyFed
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
BUT HE WON !!!!
He's still the Master

Fergie
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Well done Rogi at least you win! :yeah:

alexito
06-07-2005, 04:02 PM
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu federer
very lucky
the number 1, have very lucky
two tie break
very embarrassing.

lucashg
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM
You wish.

connectolove
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
He won, good for Rafa!

robinhood
06-07-2005, 04:21 PM
very lucky
two tie break
very embarrassing.

:lol:

RogerRocks
06-07-2005, 04:38 PM
very lucky
two tie break
very embarrassing.

:haha: :retard:

Mrs. B
06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
alexito dahling, Roger has offered to pay for your grammar lessons. said if you insulted him, might as well write it properly! :p

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
I think the OP might be on to something. He trained for a while speciifically for RG and I think he thought he was going to win. Now he's kind of deflated. He's also had much less prep time on grass this year compared to the past two years. He'll probably pick it up now.

onewoman74
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey, peoples!! Don't worry about Fed, he's a human being. He's allowed to be disappointed just like anyone else. He'll pick himself up and get on w/ it. Don't worry he won't cut his ear off or anything that dramatic...we'll leave that up to Safin(joking)....lol.That's a good sign of a champion!

Skyward
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey, peoples!! Don't worry about Fed,

They don't.

jenanun
06-07-2005, 05:11 PM
i didnt watch the match,
but it didnt seem federer at all...
dropped the 1st set,
2 tie breaks
struggling in the 1st round....
hm.......
yes very embrassing...
well hope he can go through to the semi....

AND LET NADAL BEAT HIM

AGAIN!

mandoura
06-07-2005, 05:19 PM
alexito dahling, Roger has offered to pay for your grammar lessons. said if you insulted him, might as well write it properly! :p

Mrs B., you crack me up. :haha: :haha:

Skyward
06-07-2005, 05:21 PM
i didnt watch the match,
but it didnt seem federer at all...
dropped the 1st set,
2 tie breaks
struggling in the 1st round....
hm.......
yes very embrassing...
well hope he can go through to the semi....

AND LET NADAL BEAT HIM

AGAIN!

If you decide to troll, develop the unique style at least.

liptea
06-07-2005, 05:28 PM

I'd just like to point out that Alexito's first language isn't English and clearly (s)he isn't fluent. So there's no point insulting their grammar.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Have you guys noticed whenever Roger struggles in the early rounds he always winds up winning the event? And whenever he dominates a tournament in the early rounds he always loses in the semi's.

robinhood
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
To anyone who watched the match or followed it very closely,

Did something happen between Rog and Soderling during the match today?

-----From BBC TENNIS-----
The normally unflappable Federer complained at one point that Soderling had stopped playing in the middle of a point after the ball appeared to land out.

"Afterwards he won the point anyway by serving an ace and then jeered right into my face so it's certainly a problem with him right now," said Federer.

robinhood
06-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Have you guys noticed whenever Roger struggles in the early rounds he always winds up winning the event? And whenever he dominates a tournament in the early rounds he always loses in the semi's.

Agh, true!
I am glad he barely won today then.

Fergie
06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
very lucky
two tie break
very embarrassing.
Thanks for the joke of the day :haha:

vincayou
06-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Soderling is no pushover and a threat to anyone if his serve is on. No shame in winning with difficulty against him.

Mrs. B
06-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd just like to point out that Alexito's first language isn't English and clearly (s)he isn't fluent. So there's no point insulting their grammar.

no worries liptea, i'm sure alexito speaks pretty good English. ;)

Clara Bow
06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
"Afterwards he won the point anyway by serving an ace and then jeered right into my face so it's certainly a problem with him right now," said Federer.

Federer has been getting fiestier lately. I find that kinda hot. ;)

Rogiman
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
So now GM stands for Gossip Messages? :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
To anyone who watched the match or followed it very closely,

Did something happen between Rog and Soderling during the match today?

-----From BBC TENNIS-----
The normally unflappable Federer complained at one point that Soderling had stopped playing in the middle of a point after the ball appeared to land out.

Robin :o

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Soderling has been a trouble maker, hasn't he?

From 0-2 sets @ RG to beat Verdasco, now almost shocking world #1.

As difficult as it is to fathom world #1 is rattled, can't say his last few performance have been vintage Rogi.

lina_seta
06-07-2005, 08:52 PM
lol.. i sensed it as bad.. but didnt understand well through the message

lina_seta
06-07-2005, 08:57 PM

i think we know what argentina's flag is... :rolleyes:
if u insult someone then expect for something to slam back.. specially with bad a grammar

mangoes
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
I think Roger is disappointed at the FO performance. He worked very hard toward trying to win the FO. Then on "D" day, he played horrible tennis.........I'm not putting Nadal down. So yes, I can understand Roger being disappointed and a bit upset at himself.

tennyfan
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Is Federer depressed? No! He's HUMAN! :rolleyes:

Yasmine
06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Is Federer depressed? No! He's HUMAN! :rolleyes:
exactly, why do people forget that? he's not a machine after all ;)

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
yes, I can see it now, Federer is one lost set away from slitting his wrists :rolleyes:

nermo
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, i dont think its the bad kind of depression..u know ..that kind that makes you look totally destroyed and at low spirits.. after all the guy is a human and he s one on the top ...but he recently lost .. its not a good feeling and he must have been tired .but i hate to think that federer is that kind of person who is destroyed by one defeat..he ll get over it hopefully ..he s stronger than that guys. :yeah:

Shabazza
06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
exactly, why do people forget that? he's not a machine after all ;)
first he's arrogant, now he's depressed. Seems like he isn't allowed to have a good day or a bad day either. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should replace him by a robot - no fun, no arrogance, no disappointment - the perfect player...

robinhood
06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
no fun, no arrogance, no disappointment - the perfect player...

That's Victor Hanescu!
The quietest player on the tour with no emotion.

VingaRafel
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Federer is staring to show emotions, and I like that too. I never heard him scream like the other day playing Nadal, like when he got broken in that last set, wow!! Also when he hit that unbelievable cross court backhand winner... that was so beautiful!!
I like Roger's sounds.

nermo
06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Federer is staring to show emotions, and I like that too. I never heard him scream like the other day playing Nadal, like when he got broken in that last set, wow!! posted by Vingarafel

Oh you wicked ppl... :devil: :devil:

Poor Federer :angel: :sad: ..i didnt like that.. he seemed helpless there...it s weird not expected..but not liked!!!

mandoura
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
CB, TD, Shab and VR, I am with you. I love a guy who shows his emotions.

lucashg
06-07-2005, 11:23 PM
You can love Fiesty Federer all you want, I kinda like it too - however, it doesn't seem to help him like it does with Hewitt, or Nadal. So I don't know if this is positive. Anyway, I also really like Federer's cool classy behavior. Guess I'd like him anyway.

connectolove
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Whatever he is going thru, I hope it doesn't last. He still has to give us lots of good moments and wins!

gooner88
06-07-2005, 11:44 PM
If being a World No.1 and a winner of 4 GS is a cause of depression, what is this world coming to!

VingaRafel
06-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh you wicked ppl... :devil: :devil:

Poor Federer :angel: :sad: ..i didnt like that.. he seemed helpless there...it s weird not expected..but not liked!!!

I don't mean to sound wicked, sorry. I am a huge fan of Roger, and as a matter of fact, I always loved his coolness and seriousness. But I just like to hear him now, it makes him less robotic.

connectolove
06-07-2005, 11:48 PM
When you are that high up in the rankings, any loss may really affect you. Didn't you see Nadal's face when he thought he could lose against Puerta??? he was REALLY uncormfortable! and looked like it.

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I watched since 5-6 in the 1st set till end of the 2nd (a break to see final games of Hewitt-Malisse 1st set) and then again since 2-3 in the 3rd.

I didn´t have the feeling Roger played bad, even more considering that was his first match on grass. Soderling played quite well and served also fine. He´s not a walk in the park for anyone when he´s one, that´s pretty obvious.

About that issue on 2-3 30-15 in the 3rd, both players acted like children. Roger stopped the match and sat down in a arrogant manner (for my taste) waiting for the supervisor to attend him (:shrug: ) and later Soderling stared at him after winning the last point in the game. Go n grow up you both

robinhood
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
About that issue on 2-3 30-15 in the 3rd, both players acted like children. Roger stopped the match and sat down in a arrogant manner (for my taste) waiting for the supervisor to attend him (:shrug: ) and later Soderling stared at him after winning the last point in the game. Go n grow up you both

This is the reason why tennis needs the instant replay, but since Roger is against it, he has to go and sit in his chair. :o

star
06-08-2005, 01:07 AM
This is the reason why tennis needs the instant replay, but since Roger is against it, he has to go and sit in his chair. :o

:haha:

NATAS81
06-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Soderling's profile photo on ATPtennis.com leads you to believe he likes mixing things up.

Irish
06-08-2005, 01:15 AM
I was shocked at the scores.

I'll cheer Roger up anytime. :kiss: :hearts:

sigmagirl91
06-08-2005, 01:18 AM

:haha: :haha:

sigmagirl91
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM

What grammar? :o

sigmagirl91
06-08-2005, 01:19 AM
very lucky
two tie break
very embarrassing.

Someone, please, please.....get the blue kryptonite!!!! :o

VingaRafel
06-08-2005, 01:23 AM
The thing is, he is taking for granted that he will make it to the semis and that he will beat Rafa there (and he probably will). But I think he needs to take one match at a time and take care of business without underestimating anybody. I think he is starting to project things a bit too fast. Today's match was really scary.

Shy
06-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Usually, Roger bombs out from RG early. So, he usually has two more weeks to prepare for grass. Let's see if he can get in grass mood in lest than three days.

Jimena
06-08-2005, 02:21 AM
The thing is, he is taking for granted that he will make it to the semis and that he will beat Rafa there (and he probably will).

Do you have inside knowledge that we don't have? I'm asking seriously. I mean, in none of his interviews has Federer said anything about playing Nadal and beating him. In fact, the media keep bringing Nadal up (undestandably) and Federer answers something about playing one match at a time, and that people shouldn't focus only on Nadal, that Roger also has to worry about Roddick, Safin and Hewitt.

He also said he expected the match against Soderling to be a tough one, and now expects Mayer to be really tough, too. How's that taking for granted that he's going to make it to the semis and beat Rafa there?

:confused:

robinhood
06-08-2005, 02:28 AM
I don't think Roger is taking it for granted that he will make it to semis, but he did say that he hopes for a rematch with Nadal on grass in Halle where he will be a favorite.

VingaRafel
06-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Do you have inside knowledge that we don't have? I'm asking seriously. I mean, in none of his interviews has Federer said anything about playing Nadal and beating him. In fact, the media keep bringing Nadal up (undestandably) and Federer answers something about playing one match at a time, and that people shouldn't focus only on Nadal, that Roger also has to worry about Roddick, Safin and Hewitt.

He also said he expected the match against Soderling to be a tough one, and now expects Mayer to be really tough, too. How's that taking for granted that he's going to make it to the semis and beat Rafa there?

:confused:

From BBC Tennis: Federer said before the tournament began that he hoped to meet Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals, but the Swiss star almost fell at the first hurdle

Like I said, he is already thinking about the semi-finals.

hitchhiker
06-08-2005, 02:38 AM
is depressed that Roddick has been in the kitchen baking grass pies to throw at him in wimbledon while he was grinding away on the dirt :haha:

Jimena
06-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Well, I think I'm with robinhood on this one. I don't think his difficulties today had much to do with thinking about the semis.

I think he just didn't have a lot of prep time on grass this time around. As opposed to the past two years...

hitchhiker
06-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I think he just didn't have a lot of prep time on grass this time around.

he needs to prepare for ass whooping by Roddick :worship: But more on that later :angel:

Art&Soul
06-08-2005, 02:43 AM
first he's arrogant, now he's depressed. Seems like he isn't allowed to have a good day or a bad day either. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should replace him by a robot - no fun, no arrogance, no disappointment - the perfect player...
Well said Shabazza :yeah: Poor ROGI :rocker2:

hitchhiker
06-08-2005, 02:47 AM
And hitchhiker if you're going to troll around can you save it until after Queen's? Everytime you start gloating about Roddick he always ends up losing and frankly, he needs a little bit of good karma to come around his way. :)

i wont make any Queens predictions :angel: but stay tuned for hitchhikers guide to the wimbledon galaxy ;)

sierra91
06-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Mirka must be holding out on him. :banghead:

PamV
06-08-2005, 03:02 AM
One thing to take note of is that Soderling is a far tougher first round opponent than a WC like Waske. Next Roger will face Mayer which also seems a lot tougher than who Nadal will face in the 2nd round.

The clay court season runs from February on through May. That gave Nadal a lot of time to devote himself to his favorite surface and shine. On the other hand Roger has to come back from RG and in 3 days start playing suddenly on grass. There is only time for one warm up tournament before Wimbledon. Not Fair ! :mad:

PamV
06-08-2005, 03:05 AM
What with the strange outburst that happened during the Soderling match today, I think maybe the pressure is finally getting to Roger. But after a few more wins under his belt, he will be fine.

Did you see the match? I read the commentary and it seemed as though Roger thought Soderlilng questioned a call but still tried to keep playing the point and it got confusing. Roger felt Soderling was not being fair.

I would also say that drawing Soderling is a bit of a tough 1st round when just coming back from later rounds of RG. It's far easier for the players who may have lost in the 1st - 3rd rounds of RG. Or far easier for the players who get a low level WC in the first round.

Skyward
06-08-2005, 03:07 AM
From BBC Tennis: Federer said before the tournament began that he hoped to meet Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals, but the Swiss star almost fell at the first hurdle

That's just one thing BBC has chosen to point out.

They didn't mention what RF said about other opponents, did they?

About Soderling

" That will be tough – he will be no push-over.”

About Mayer

" He playes completely different tennis than the most other players and has a very different technique. It will be interesting to see how it is to play against him, because I only had a training session with him in last years Wimbledon so far. You may think always that he plays much worse than he actually does. I know that he is dangerous, because I saw him play many brilliant matches. It is now the first time since a while ago that he no longer plays constantly the high level. Neverthless, he is dangerous,, (we are) in Germany"

RogiFan88
06-08-2005, 04:43 AM

He and what army... :p

RogiFan88
06-08-2005, 04:49 AM
So if Rogi loses vs. Mayer, will a new thread "Is Federer suicidal?" pop up??

Lee
06-08-2005, 05:22 AM

:haha: :haha:

robinhood
06-08-2005, 05:25 AM

Of course not.

"Is Federer homicidal?"

trixy
06-08-2005, 05:30 AM

:lol: :lol:

sierra91
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
:lol: :lol: