Henman: my Wimbledon dream! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman: my Wimbledon dream!

In_Disguise
06-06-2005, 09:50 PM
What does Henman have to do to win Wimbledon this year? Tim has reached 4 semis and 4 quarters in the past 9 years...what does he have to do to finally get the title he craves this year?

Many in his homeland still believes he has that elusive title in him, and that this can very well be his year!

In_Disguise
06-06-2005, 09:55 PM
2003 Dec 07 - Henman Wimbledon Champion?

It has to be said that on current form Tim Henman must be a serious contender for major honours at Wimbledon over the next couple of years. And that is certainly the view taken by Tim's new part-time coach Paul Annacone.

Paul said:

"I absolutely think Tim can win Wimbledon, I've thought so for many years.

"If you can volley, move and play on grass like Tim does there is no reason why he can't win Wimbledon.

"I think he will win whether it is this year, next year or the year after. But if he doesn't, as long as he has done all the right things leading in, preparing, to me that is a win-win situation.

"If he keeps working towards it in a certain way then I believe he can give himself the best chance to hold that trophy up.

"I think I can help Tim with that and I know him pretty well as a person so I think it's a pretty good match.

"I've seen success for a long time. I'm a student of the game and have tried to soak up as much information as I can.

"A great player like Pete (Sampras) does so many things so well. There are lots of little things that I have stored away to try and improve Tim's game."

Wise words from a coach who is very capable and highly respected.

As that our favourite player of all time is the mighty Pete Sampras - the guv'nor of Wimbledon - it would be great to see a few Sampras elements brought into the Henman game.

gooner88
06-06-2005, 09:57 PM
As much as I would like to see Tim winning Wimby, he needs alot of luck and some more to do it.

robinhood
06-06-2005, 09:59 PM
No use looking back, but if it was meant to be, he should've done it in 2001. That was his best shot. As we all know, things are not getting any easier for Tim, and the way he has been performing at GSs this year, I don't expect him to win it.
But to start with, he should avoid Federer and Hewitt until the final, at least, and hope for a bunch of lucky breaks to fall in his favor on and off the court.

As long as he has faith in his ability to win the title, I guess he should not be counted out, but if he can't do it this year at the age of 30, then when? And I am thoroughly counting on Roger to blow away the frustration and disappointment he has amassed in AO and FO and win Wimbledon in grand fashion.

thenman
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Definitely agree that 2001 might've been his best chance, if it hadn't been for the rain. And Goran ;)
He has the ability, he just needs that bit of luck for him to break through. A cleverly devised draw, quicker grass, and a few upsets here and there should do it!
I still believe in TIMBLEDON!!

Scotso
06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
If Tim Henman wins Wimbledon, I'll leave these boards forever :p

;)

Scotso
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
And for the haters, it's just a joke. So no need to cheer on Our Tim.

Seleshfan
06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
If Tim wins, I'll post naked pictures of myself.

Nikki♥
06-07-2005, 06:13 AM
Come on, people. Just give Tim this screwed up trophy. :sobbing:

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:23 AM
No, way.

Henman is getting on in age. Yeah, just a die hard Dent fan's perspective and the similar style of play wants me to see Henman succeed at his home slam.

But realistically, he's having less and less a chance to play at his best and this is the determining factor in his results at Wimbledon.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Tim has reached 4 semis and 4 quarters in the past 9 years...what does he have to do to finally get the title he craves this year?

Get someone to drug Federer, Roddick, Hewitt.....

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:48 AM
And Ancic, Johansson(s), Popp, Safin, etc..

Mimi
06-07-2005, 08:28 AM
poor tim :haha: :haha:

If Tim Henman wins Wimbledon, I'll leave these boards forever :p

;)

JeNn
06-07-2005, 10:09 AM
What does Henman have to do to win Wimbledon this year?

Find a way of possessing Roger Federer's body.

Auscon
06-07-2005, 10:26 AM
maybe he could get to another qf if he's at his best, but theres too many players around that can shut him out

Angle Queen
06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
:haha:

Have the British Armed Forces storm the beaches at Normandy again, march on Paris and have HM declare that Sir Tim WILL be the winner.Never thought I'd have to quote myself...but...this was my answer to your question on what it would take for Tim to win RG. Now that it's Wimby...it's still the same 'cept the Armed Forces don't need to get involved. ;)

Love Tim. Wish him well. But his penultimate victory will remain...in my dreams.