Karlovic: crying or laughing, pathetic or genius? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Karlovic: crying or laughing, pathetic or genius?

coup-du-cobra
06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
ranked 60 th in the world.
how do you rate this player?
personnaly, I think he is a genius. He manages to beat and to threaten top players with his serve only...
Is he gonna be at Wimbledon what Puerta has been at Roland Garros?

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
zzzzzzz.......

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Go Mertinak

coup-du-cobra
06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Apparently, the hispanic armada don't appreciate ivo karlovic. personnaly I'd rather see him in top 20 than ferrer, gaudio, coria and all this crap claycourters...

robinhood
06-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I think Karlovic is just too tall.
How is his movement?
Does he move okay on any surface?

goran_the_2nd
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
i dont think his problem is that he's too tall.. okay cuz of that he cant move good enough, but cuz of that he is the best server on tour. his problem is that he cant return good enough even the worst serve's on tour and his backhand is pathetic :)
and by the way.. i cant see him past 3rd round even with the best (for him) draw.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Apparently, the hispanic armada don't appreciate ivo karlovic. personnaly I'd rather see him in top 20 than ferrer, gaudio, coria and all this crap claycourters...

lol, keep dreaming

G_Hughes
06-06-2005, 08:00 PM

I really love to see year after year how " french fries " accept the fact that having a great tennis level has nothing to do with the money. The FFT spends millions to have talents like Clement or Benneteau not to menction that Grand slam choker Amelie MORE-LESBO .
We put the players & talent, you pay thatīs the deal !!!
Allez les espagnoles et argentines !!!

Fumus
06-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Karlovic's gf is sooo hot and yet she is like 5'2" lol

Breakaway
06-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I think he could maybe go 4th or Qrts at Wimbledon if he gets a good draw. But I don't think he could seriously challenge for the tournament or anything. :)

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Karlovic is one of worst groundstroker`s in history of the game. If this guy have just average backhand and forhand like Kohnschreiber for example he will be easily Top 20 player. I mean he is in top 100 based on his to huuge serve alone.

I talked to him once, he is one of most stuppidest man that i ever met. Perhaps is te retardet, coz he sound like that.

croat123
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
hey, i wouldn't mind having his career...

seriously, he has no ground game and very average volleys. and yet, he has been in the top100 for a couple of years now and has beaten some great players.

oneandonlyhsn
06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
I really love to see year after year how " french fries " accept the fact that having a great tennis level has nothing to do with the money. The FFT spends millions to have talents like Clement or Benneteau not to menction that Grand slam choker Amelie MORE-LESBO .
We put the players & talent, you pay thatīs the deal !!!
Allez les espagnoles et argentines !!!

And your point being??? I hope you make better arguements than MORE-LESBO :rolleyes: .
I agree with the choker part, best choker in womens tennis hands down. Plz keep peoples sexual lives out of this, its just low.

Horatio Caine
06-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I talked to him once, he is one of most stuppidest man that i ever met. Perhaps is te retardet, coz he sound like that.

:haha: :haha: Not very fair...but funny.

heya
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
2003 Wimbledon 1st round
Powerful server can win...see?

Horatio Caine
06-06-2005, 10:12 PM
He got to R4 of Wimbers last year didn't he, losing to Federer? That aint bad!

He is always a dangerous floater...no one wants to draw him on grass for instance. If he could improve his return game then he could be top 40 easy. The problem is that over the last 12 months he hasn't played the big points as well and he has been losing many matches. I also side with whoever it was that said he was maybe too tall...

Scotso
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry but there's nothing genius about him. He almost always only wins matches like 7-6 7-6, because almost every part of his game aside from his serve sucks. He benefits from his incredible height, without it he wouldn't be a tennis player.

Seleshfan
06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Karlovic's gf is sooo hot and yet she is like 5'2" lol

OMG. Forget about her ever being on her knees, she'd need a step-stool just to give him a bj.

G_Hughes
06-07-2005, 12:42 AM
And your point being??? I hope you make better arguements than MORE-LESBO :rolleyes: .
I agree with the choker part, best choker in womens tennis hands down. Plz keep peoples sexual lives out of this, its just low.

Those words were offensive for all the argentines and spanish supporters so donīt talk about respect....... ....... just like the way the french crowd booooooed Nadal .......... please show a little less " chauvinism " , itīs so pathetic

El Legenda
06-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Karlovic is a terrible tennis player.

El Legenda
06-07-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry but there's nothing genius about him. He almost always only wins matches like 7-6 7-6, because almost every part of his game aside from his serve sucks. He benefits from his incredible height, without it he wouldn't be a tennis player.

atleast he wins matchs..unlike the guy in ur name.

oneandonlyhsn
06-07-2005, 02:47 AM

Those words were offensive for all the argentines and spanish supporters so donīt talk about respect....... ....... just like the way the french crowd booooooed Nadal .......... please show a little less " chauvinism " , itīs so pathetic

So you would stoop yourself to their level. I'm just saying I get where you come from and your comments about the choker, personally I'd take her game any day over Sharapova or Serena, but she is too much of a choker. That is why I love me some JuJu. Anyway, all I am saying, I understand but dont lower yourself just because some people judge players on ethnic race, nationality, sexuality or bleh bleh. I love players based on their game, and personalities. Anything else is really their business.

coup-du-cobra
06-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I talked to him once, he is one of most stuppidest man that i ever met. Perhaps is te retardet, coz he sound like that.[/QUOTE]

what did you talk about? and what did he reply to make you say he is stupid?

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Yeah, really. Don't just come out and say "gosh that guy was dumb blah blah" without saying the actual context.

That only makes you look unprofessional, and does not give the broad based audience a chance to judge what really went on.

coup-du-cobra
06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
welcome vanessa!!!

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-07-2005, 04:34 PM
what did you talk about? and what did he reply to make you say he is stupid?

I interviewed him...He is so fuckin slow, take me 20 mins to answer on five simple questions. If i must predict his IQ it would be 75.

Auscon
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM

And just like clockwork, he defeats Mertinak 7-6 7-6 lol

coup-du-cobra
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I interviewed him...He is so fuckin slow, take me 20 mins to answer on five simple questions. If i must predict his IQ it would be 75.

Maybe he wanted to take time in order to give intelligent answers...

Mane
06-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Karlovic is a terrible tennis player.

ma Karlovic je kljusina!

Scotso
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM

ah you're so clever.

Beck def. Arthurs 7-5 6-4 btw.

coup-du-cobra
06-07-2005, 08:39 PM
karlovic will probably make minced pie of gonzalez tomorrow. on the route to the 1/4f

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Seeing as Beck is ranked 30 places higher than Karlovic at the moment, this was highly uninformed. I understand your pathetic desire to bash KarolBeckFan, but could you are least keep it witty? This just makes you look stupid.

To answer the question, Karlovic makes due with what he has. Can't ask any more of him than that! Not my prefered gamestyle, but best of luck to him anyways.

For whoever called him retarded.... erm, the guy has a stutter. It's not fair to judge his intelligence based on that.

El Legenda
06-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Seeing as Beck is ranked 30 places higher than Karlovic at the moment, this was highly uninformed. I understand your pathetic desire to bash KarolBeckFan, but could you are least keep it witty? This just makes you look stupid..

:haha: i gave u good rep to this bs.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
If it's BS, refute it.

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM

Beck vs Karlovic would be funny, I think Slovak would win though ;)

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-08-2005, 12:47 AM
They acutally played last year in Queens i think. Beck won 7>6 in third.

Deivid23
06-08-2005, 12:53 AM
They acutally played last year in Queens i think. Beck won 7>6 in third.

Just looked it up

2004 London / Queen's Club, Grass, R16
England Grass R16 Beck 6 7 7 6 6 3

I said that bc Beck returns the ball much better than many people think and his serve is good enough to not find too much trouble at holding against Ivo.

poundcatt
06-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Karlovic has a speech impediment and has had severe stuttering since he was a child, and this makes it almost impossible for him to give post match interviews, but he tries his best. He probably also has a horrific time trying to talk to strangers who know nothing about him & are likely asking him silly questions. Goranivanesevic59...you should be ashamed and embarressed to have come ot the conclusion that he is, as you so nicely put it "a retard" He's a Croat like you and one of the best known sportsmen in your country, and you now nothing about him.
He never had a coach because he had no money for one, so it's no wonder he focused on the weapon he could develop by himself. He's made money since that great day when he beat Hewitt, and for the first time in his life he had a car...which he had to learn to drive.

bad gambler
06-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Karlovic has a speech impediment and has had severe stuttering since he was a child, and this makes it almost impossible for him to give post match interviews, but he tries his best. He probably also has a horrific time trying to talk to strangers who know nothing about him & are likely asking him silly questions. Goranivanesevic59...you should be ashamed and embarressed to have come ot the conclusion that he is, as you so nicely put it "a retard" He's a Croat like you and one of the best known sportsmen in your country, and you now nothing about him.
He never had a coach because he had no money for one, so it's no wonder he focused on the weapon he could develop by himself. He's made money since that great day when he beat Hewitt, and for the first time in his life he had a car...which he had to learn to drive.

well said

El Legenda
06-08-2005, 02:00 AM
If it's BS, refute it.

reason i made comment about Beck not winning matchs..is he lost 8 staright in on ATP level . from 2/14/05 to 6/6/05...i guess it ended today

1.Rotterdam to Johansson, Thomas (SWE ) 21 2-6 6-3 1-6
2. Dubai to Berdych, Tomas (CZE ) 88 4-6 6-7(4)
3. Indian Wells to Enqvist, Thomas (SWE ) 72 0-6 5-7
4. Miami to Lapentti, Nicolas (ECU ) 144 1-6 6-7(10)
5. Monte Carlo to Ascione, Thierry (FRA ) 173 3-6 5-7
6. Rome to Gaudio, Gaston (ARG ) 7 4-6 3-6
7. Hamburg to Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS ) 87 3-6 2-6
8. Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP ) 12 4-6 3-6 3-6

ps. Karlovic ended a 7 today .

So they both are terrible...but since beck is at 8 he is more terrble :D

but both combained cant beat Spadea's 17 from last 3 weeks of 1999 and untill Wimby 2000.

DanEd
06-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Poor Ivo :hug:

Scotso
06-08-2005, 02:50 AM
reason i made comment about Beck not winning matchs..is he lost 8 staright in on ATP level . from 2/14/05 to 6/6/05...i guess it ended today

but both combained cant beat Spadea's 17 from last 3 weeks of 1999 and untill Wimby 2000.

You're so pathetic. You don't even care about Karol, so this really doesn't matter to you. Karol is my absolute favorite player, and even if he never won another match, that wouldn't change. So nothing you can say about him matters to either of us. So just give up.

And yes, Karol had a bad streak... but that included the clay where he doesn't like to play and doesn't really even try.

And also, Karol has beaten your baby Ljubicic 6-4 6-4 in the past, and the two times he lost he won a set. So if you think that Ljubicic is anything but a loser, Karol must not be half bad.

Chloe le Bopper
06-08-2005, 03:38 AM

Okay, that's kind of funny. I'd good rep you because that is sort of funny, but it's kind of too late for that.

NATAS81
06-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Rusedski went something like 2 years without winning a clay match. Still on-going I believe.

bad gambler
06-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Rusedski went something like 2 years without winning a clay match. Still on-going I believe.

he beat clay gun Philipp Petzschner in Hamburg this year

NATAS81
06-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Yeah, I remember now. But before that was the 2 year drought. Unreal, alot of people lost money on that lol.

Schuettler has gone a long time without winning on clay as well.

Auscon
06-08-2005, 05:11 AM
as long as Lleyton can win his next match, and Karlovic get past Gonzo, Kim/Zib, maybe we'll get a Hewitt/Karlovic rematch!

Sparko1030
06-08-2005, 05:36 AM
karlovic will probably make minced pie of gonzalez tomorrow. on the route to the 1/4f

Ouch!!! I don't know a darn thing about Karlovic except what I've read on this thread but minced pie? Really? We'll see... May the best man win I guess.

rhz
06-08-2005, 08:35 AM
without serve, he's nothing!

Poljud
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
You're so pathetic. You don't even care about Karol, so this really doesn't matter to you. Karol is my absolute favorite player, and even if he never won another match, that wouldn't change. So nothing you can say about him matters to either of us. So just give up.

And yes, Karol had a bad streak... but that included the clay where he doesn't like to play and doesn't really even try.

And also, Karol has beaten your baby Ljubicic 6-4 6-4 in the past, and the two times he lost he won a set. So if you think that Ljubicic is anything but a loser, Karol must not be half bad.

Why bring Ljubo into this? Dont even compare the two, Ljubo is twice the player Beck is. I can understand you support him but honestly he is nowhere near Ljubicic, look at their results this year (BTW Ljubicic had a back injury when he lost that match, hence he missed the entire european indoor season).

Beck is crap, Karlovic is crap but has an amazing serve. He will do better than Beck at Wimbledon thats for sure.

Deal with it.

coup-du-cobra
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
karlovic vs gonzo starting shortly: come on ivo

heya
06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Ivo has a better return game than Gonzo.
Gonzo played better on grass, but Ivo had little trouble.
6-3 7-6(4)
Ivo
7 aces
Gonzo
5 aces

Receiving points won
Ivo 20/59
Gonzo 14/62

Break point conversions
Ivo 2/4
Gonzo 1/4

Total points won
Ivo 68
Gonzo 53

Tatanka
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
I think Karlovic is the worst player between first 100.

Scotso
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Why bring Ljubo into this? Dont even compare the two, Ljubo is twice the player Beck is. I can understand you support him but honestly he is nowhere near Ljubicic, look at their results this year (BTW Ljubicic had a back injury when he lost that match, hence he missed the entire european indoor season).

Beck is crap, Karlovic is crap but has an amazing serve. He will do better than Beck at Wimbledon thats for sure.

Deal with it.

I brought Ljubicic into it because RDucky brought Beck into it.

You know nothing about Beck, so your pathetic comments mean nothing.

croat123
06-08-2005, 05:36 PM
I think Karlovic is the worst player between first 100.
but on grass, he's in the top20 :p

Tatanka
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM

It's just my opinion,I can't do nothing,unfortunately...

GoranIvanisevic546346
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
think Karlovic is the worst player between first 100

I agree, except grass court.

Scotso
06-09-2005, 02:50 AM

I think you're exaggerating.

When he plays a smart player, he's going to lose. His serve is top 20 on grass, but he's still not.

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 03:11 AM

dude get a life. Beck is not even as half of Ljubicic.

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 03:13 AM

well when u bring some that is better then Beck..and 99.99% of people know that .1 being you..then thats just stupid,

Beck and karlovic is more arguable then Beck and Ljubicic.

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 03:14 AM
without serve, he's nothing!

we are not talking about Roddick.

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Okay, that's kind of funny. I'd good rep you because that is sort of funny, but it's kind of too late for that.

Ill be waiting :kiss: ;)

Scotso
06-09-2005, 03:27 AM
RDucky, you're boring. You tell me to get a life when you follow me around these forums trolling about Ljubicic?

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 03:53 AM
RDucky, you're boring. You tell me to get a life when you follow me around these forums trolling about Ljubicic?

right on

Sparko1030
06-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Ouch!!! I don't know a darn thing about Karlovic except what I've read on this thread but minced pie? Really? We'll see... May the best man win I guess.

Well, Karlovic played better than Fena today and won. So I know who he is now! Heard he's got a wicked serve...still, no minced pie though!

El Legenda
06-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Well, Karlovic played better than Fena today and won. So I know who he is now! Heard he's got a wicked serve...still, no minced pie though!

a little more info for you:

terrible return game- worst on ATP. probly top 5 all time
forehand- not good
backhand- :confused:
volley- at 6'10 can he really bend over a little to volley?

Sparko1030
06-09-2005, 04:28 AM

forehand- not good

Thanks for the info RDucky! Although if he's that bad I feel even worse about Fernando loosing to him. Grass must make the difference. And that tall?-why didn't he play basketball?

Poljud
06-09-2005, 09:33 AM

Pathetic comments? I know whos done better this year, who has a better overall game, and whos better in the rankings. Please present your "facts" about Beck proving he is better than Ljubicic.

Neely
06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
I expect that Karlovic will destroy Zib today!

Nimrodg
06-09-2005, 01:20 PM
6-2 6-4 to karlovic

looks like he is starting to play good...
he broke zib 3 times
did 20 aces from 49 serves :o
and he won 44% of the recivieng points :o
Ajmo Ivo :)

Mane
06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Karlovic legendo!!!

whirlwind
06-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Shame on all the Croats who are calling Ivo a retard. Nice win Ivo :worship:

goran_the_2nd
06-09-2005, 01:50 PM

forehand- not good

return - nonexist :)
forehand - usefull, not great but good enough for grass
backhand - unstable? like he cant hold requet with one hand?!
volley - verry good, he's tall (can cover a lot)
serve - best on tour. i would go that far and say one of THE best of all time.

NYCtennisfan
06-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Federer said that he had the best serve after having a lot of problems breaking him at last year's Wimbledon and then again in Gstaad. No top see wants to see this guy in their section when the draw comes out.

Horatio Caine
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
return - nonexist :)
forehand - usefull, not great but good enough for grass
backhand - unstable? like he cant hold requet with one hand?!
volley - verry good, he's tall (can cover a lot)
serve - best on tour. i would go that far and say one of THE best of all time.

:haha: ...and we Henman fans are critical!

I hope he beats Hewitt in the QF...maybe he will be finalist? :shrug:

croat123
06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
6-2 6-4 to karlovic

looks like he is starting to play good...
he broke zib 3 times
did 20 aces from 49 serves :o
and he won 44% of the recivieng points :o
Ajmo Ivo :)
20 aces from 39 serves not 49 ;)

ivo :yeah:

he can earn a good living from just 5 or 6 weeks of tennis lol

Nastase
06-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Genius? You must be kidding me.

coup-du-cobra
06-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure anout Ivo's chances against a player of the class of hewitt. I'm really one of the croat giants biggest fans , but i think hewitt will seek for revenge.
however, COME ON IVO!!! i know he can do it again

croat123
06-09-2005, 08:56 PM
ajmo ivo!! hewitt has struggled and ivo has been serving really well (only broken once in 8 matches so far on grass)

coup-du-cobra
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
ajmo ivo!! hewitt has struggled and ivo has been serving really well (only broken once in 8 matches so far on grass)

Don't exagerate...I'm not sure but i think gonzalez broke him once. so did zib today. but I must say he has been serving tremendously and i do wish to see an upset tomorrow.

croat123
06-11-2005, 12:46 AM
*cough* genious *cough*

Kristen
06-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Sometimes, Ivo Karlovic makes life worth living. See Wimbledon first round and his most recent efforts :hug: I guess I'll have to thank him again when he's in Australia next. :worship:

Jim Jones
06-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I noticed the audio section for Queens web site has no interview of Karlovic that we could listen to. I hope that Karlovic wins against Johansson so we get to hear Karlovic's stuttering voice :)

NATAS81
06-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Lookin' pretty smart right now.