Marilyn?? where are you??

Marilyn
02-03-2003, 11:54 AM
oh thanks for asking :)
i'm busy celebrating the Chinese New Year although I don't really want to :p
i'll be back soon :)

Lindsayfan
02-03-2003, 12:48 PM
same thought esther!i've sent marilyn a PM wondering when seh was!nice to see u r fine and u r just busy.hopefully u'll be back for DC this weekend! ;)

Marilyn
02-04-2003, 06:52 AM
you're both :angel: :D
i'm so touched :o
i'll definitely be back for DC :D
Allez la france! :bounce:

esther
02-04-2003, 06:58 AM
ooh i'm glad ur...kind of... back!!!
hehe well i'm sure people are sick of basically just me and vale posting everyday...we need people constantly in between us so its not just us hehe *winks at vale*

ooh hows the chinese new year stuff going?

Marilyn
02-06-2003, 09:08 AM
lol just like every other year:
1. cleaning up the house way before the chinese new year (depends on how messy and dirty and of course how big your house is)
2. buying loads of food way before the chinese new year because the markets won't open until the fifth day of the new year
3. being scorned by your mother because you can only make things worse in the kitchen while she's cooking, but on the other hand she'll be extra mad if you are not there to help.
4. treating relatives and guests who only come during these days
5. being guests :p ( and kids -- or old students like me :p -- get the "red envolopes" with real money inside)
6. going to the graves of our ancestors and pay our respect to them, acually more like cleaning up "their houses" (not all chinese do this during the chinese new year but our family do)
i know i'm making you boring :p just can't help it :p

esther
02-07-2003, 07:46 AM
lol no just be here for DC :)

Marri
02-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Marilyn
lol just like every other year:
1. cleaning up the house way before the chinese new year (depends on how messy and dirty and of course how big your house is)
2. buying loads of food way before the chinese new year because the markets won't open until the fifth day of the new year
3. being scorned by your mother because you can only make things worse in the kitchen while she's cooking, but on the other hand she'll be extra mad if you are not there to help.
4. treating relatives and guests who only come during these days
5. being guests :p ( and kids -- or old students like me :p -- get the "red envolopes" with real money inside)
6. going to the graves of our ancestors and pay our respect to them, acually more like cleaning up "their houses" (not all chinese do this during the chinese new year but our family do)
i know i'm making you boring :p just can't help it :p

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

i haven't celebrated CNY since 1989 :( :sad:

how many Hong Bao did you get? hehe :D

Marilyn
02-21-2003, 12:38 PM
quite a lot ;) :p heehee
marri my msn: faceforsaken@msn.com