IS Roger on his way to become Rafa's bitch ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IS Roger on his way to become Rafa's bitch ?

TheMightyFed
06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
2-1 for Nadal so far
Nadal is the only guy to have beaten him twice since Rog became number 1, thus being the only one to beat him in 04 AND 05, possibly Fed peak seasons.
He beat him on hard court and was 2 points away from beating him again this year in Miami (with pretty bad calls for Nadal BTW).
Do you think Fed can fear Nadal ?
In addition, Nadal can still improve and will get experience...
Did Roger finally find his master ???

Scotso
06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes.

Scotso
To the topic question, that is.

Doris Loeffel
Number 2?????!!!!????
Well one thing is for sure Roger has problems with the lefty play of Nadal - but the more matches he'll play against him the better he'll figure out how to play Nadal. It took him a few matches till he sorted ot the games of Nalby and Hewitt but once he did they had no chance anymore.

So yes at the moment Nadal is Rogers bitch (or is it the other way round???) but I don't think for long...

Lady Natalia
06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
This thread is absurd...really. Have you been watching tennis for the last 18 months?

Nikki♥
06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Let´s see what the time will bring...

ClaycourtaZzZz.
06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
If Nadal would be a right hander...... Roger would have no problems!

Art&Soul
06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
An Idiotic thread from a Roger fan? :o

TheMightyFed
06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
This thread is absurd...really. Have you been watching tennis for the last 18 months?
Yes, pretty much I can tell you... Just give me more arguments and I will discuss...

TheMightyFed
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
An Idiotic thread from a Roger fan? :o
For sure I'm a fan of his... Rafa is a phenomenon and I think Rog needed that kind of guy around. Plus the opposition of styles is quite clear... I have the feeling Federer is pretty uncomfortable to say the least against Rafa, so I was just wondering...

Nacho
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
of course not

but I'm happy the grass season lasts only 1 month :angel:

lucashg
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I seriously don't think so. He'll eventually lose matches to him, especially on clay and slow hardcourts, but I don't think he'll ever have like, a 5-win lead in their H2H. IMO, it might take long, but their H2H is gonna end up in Roger's favor. Unless they only meet on clay :o which I sincerely don't hope so, because that would mean Nadal would certainly lead their H2H, however that he's no good on other surfaces.

savesthedizzle
06-06-2005, 04:33 PM
lol Federer will not be Rafa's bitch. Rafa's bitch on clay.... possibly... but as far as hard courts go, Federer still has the edge until Rafa improves his serve a bit more. I think overall neither one of them will be the other's bitch, and could form a good rivalry with a close head to head record.

VingaRafel
06-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't think so. Not at all. If Rafa makes it to the semis this week he'll probably lose to Roger. It's just the way it is. But I think they will have exciting matches in the future. Roger will make sure to bring out the "brutus" in him when they play.

auwkeung
06-06-2005, 05:01 PM
i think roger still suffer from getting used to rafa's lefty spin

and juz coincidently he played against rafa with pretty bad form

i think rafa is no way near roger in the grass court

and roger still got some advantages in hard court as welle

Billabong
06-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Definitely not.

Auscon
06-06-2005, 05:09 PM
of all players, I think Rafa is the only player which Roger fears to some extent

But Roger will never be any opponents bitch, certainly not in his prime

Clara Bow
06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
No way.

I think- and hope- that neither Rafa or Roger will become one another's bitch. Nadal will have an advantage on clay, Roger a big advantage on grass, and I think that as time goes on and Nadal's game continues to develop, the two could eventually split hard courts kinda evenly.

I would love for them to have a general competative rivalry in the future.

jacobhiggins
06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
No, Fed is a much more rounded player. Nadal is great on clay, but I don't think he's ever going to reach Federer's all surface game. Nadal is a great young player, but even at the age of 18,19, Federer had greater technique and a more variety of shots, it was just his mental game that was lacking when he was young. Nadal has succeded because of this and his consistancey. I think Nadal is going to be more consistant then Federer, shot per shot, but when Federer is on, he has the technique to raise his game noticabley to a special level, unlike Nadal who plays at a super consistant level that is very tough to beat, but lacks that extra step I think Federer has. I don't think we've found the rival for Federer yet. I'm a fan of Federer, but i'm just a fan because he clearly is the most talented player on the tour. I always want and root for the best player to win, i'm still holding off the Nadal bandwagon, I still don't see Federer's equal in Nadal!

Seleshfan
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
No way.

I think- and hope- that neither Rafa or Roger will become one another's bitch. Nadal will have an advantage on clay, Roger a big advantage on grass, and I think that as time goes on and Nadal's game continues to develop, the two could eventually split hard courts kinda evenly.

I would love for them to have a general competative rivalry in the future.

Sounds like Rafa/Federer could be the Evert/Navratilova rivalry reborn. Did Chrissy ever defeat Navratilova on grass?

tennisman.
06-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Hell no!
Nadal is a joke

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 07:04 PM
lol at this thread, hype is a really powerful issue

max122
06-06-2005, 07:12 PM
haha.. Fredere is just too good.. got too much game.. Nadal is a good player not experienced yet however ... maybe in 10 years.. :)

allanah
06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
I think Rafa will always have the edge on clay because of his vastly superior movement to Federer. However, on a hardcourt/grass he wouldn't retrieve half as many balls as would on clay and that would make him a less awesome opponent so I'd back Roger to win on any suface but clay

vincayou
06-06-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm a pimp, no?

robinhood
06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Over my dead body.
I agree with Clara. Neither should be each other's bitch.
Obviously Nadal still needs to prove the effectiveness of his game on other surfaces, but from what I've seen the last two years, I expect Fed to eventually solve Nadal's lefty game and grab an upperhand in their H2H.

BAMJ6
06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
In clay, YES
i'm still out on the other surfaces

oneandonlyhsn
06-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Hopefully not, Rafa is better on clay but I think Federer has anedge on other surfaces. I hope that these 2 always play tough matches that go either way, coz I love them both.

heya
06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Watching Nadal is a "pleasure."
1. He never mocks other players
2. He has a lot of potential
3. He's humble & sweet
4. He doesn't exaggerate his own self-worth

Winston's Human
06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Sounds like Rafa/Federer could be the Evert/Navratilova rivalry reborn. Did Chrissy ever defeat Navratilova on grass?

Yes. However, Navratilova led the H2H over Evert on grass 11-5.

lina_seta
06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
of course not! nadal may be good but his game is not as dynamic as roger's and NOT as beautiful (i dont like when players hit every ball like their lives depended on them...) but nadal has being very consistent right now... maybe cuz he has nothing to lose and gives everything he has... but who knows if he can be that consistent for years and years to come with a whole bunch of points and titles to defend...
but as of now federer is the better player.. im surprise that theres a doubt in it :rolleyes:

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
of course not! nadal may be good but his game is not as dynamic as roger's and NOT as beautiful (i dont like when players hit every ball like their lives depended on them...) but nadal has being very consistent right now... maybe cuz he has nothing to lose and gives everything he has... but who knows if he can be that consistent for years and years to come with a whole bunch of points and titles to defend...
but as of now federer is the better player.. im surprise that theres a doubt in it :rolleyes:

You should bad rep them all lol

heya
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
lina-seta bad-repped me for praising Nadal. :tape:

robinhood
06-06-2005, 08:59 PM

:lol:

NYCtennisfan
06-06-2005, 09:06 PM
LOL! What a joke and I'm talking about the original premise of this thread.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 09:16 PM

lol, I´m sure you were not the only one ;)

Yoda
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Nope to the question. But a good rivalry is blossoming.

I hope Fed gets at least one win on Clay against the Lion Kid

Skyward
06-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, I was bad-repped by KarolBeckfan for undisclosed reasons. Not that I care. :D

robinhood
06-06-2005, 09:27 PM
A question. How do you know when you have been bad-repped? Do you receive an e-mail or something??

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 09:29 PM
A question. How do you know when you have been bad-repped? Do you receive an e-mail or something??

A red card appears in the screen, soccer-like ;)

Seriously, in User cp, you can check it

blosson
06-06-2005, 09:43 PM
of course not

but I'm happy the grass season lasts only 1 month :angel:

Nacho, i'm amused by your avatar :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
If Nadal would be a right hander...... Roger would have no problems!

Righties have been making this lame ass excuse since the dawn of time.

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Over my dead body.
I agree with Clara. Neither should be each other's bitch.
Obviously Nadal still needs to prove the effectiveness of his game on other surfaces, but from what I've seen the last two years, I expect Fed to eventually solve Nadal's lefty game and grab an upperhand in their H2H.

Soon, even Justin Gimelstob will have the untalented lefty solved.

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
... nadal may be good but his game is not as dynamic as roger's and NOT as beautiful ...

Right. Because the subjective quality of "beauty" of gamestyle is and always has been the soul determinant of who will win the most matches in a particular head to head. This is some of the most brilliant logic I've seen! Bravo.

To answer the original question, I doubt it. There are two totally absurd extremes here: on one side we have the thread title, and on the other we have responses about Roger solving Nadal (who only gives Roger problems because he's left handed) tomorrow.

:retard: to both sides.

megadeth
06-06-2005, 10:56 PM
no, i don't think so. roger always adapts to the opponents and finds a way to beat them.

he won't be rafa's bitch. it won't even be like an agassi-sampras rivalry.

Zoupa
06-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I really think Rafa's a little over-hyped. He's good, but he isn't at Fed's level. On clay he can take Fed. But on other surfaces... not a chance.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I really think Rafa's a little over-hyped. He's good, but he isn't at Fed's level. On clay he can take Fed. But on other surfaces... not a chance.

Agree. On clay, knowing his luck and if Roger has a day off, he may win, but next time they face in Miami Rafa should not even try to pick up his racket.

mandoura
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't know about being his bitch, it is still early to tell. But I tell you one thing, in that semi-final, I felt Roger feared Nadal more than vice versa.

Skyward
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
He's good, but he isn't at Fed's level.

Wayne Ferreira has never been on Sampras' level. But at some point their h-h record was 5-2 in Ferreira's favor. Come to your own conclusions.

Zoupa
06-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't know about being his bitch, it is still early to tell. But I tell you one thing, in that semi-final, I felt Roger feared Nadal more than vice versa.

We'll see who fears who on grass or hc.

And I felt Roger was scared at the RG too. He cares a lot about what the public thinks of him and was really scared to lose.

Chloe le Bopper
06-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Agree. On clay, knowing his luck and if Roger has a day off, he may win, but next time they face in Miami Rafa should not even try to pick up his racket.
Miami doesn't count. Miami is the new clay.

Zoupa
06-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Wayne Ferreira has never been on Sampras' level. But at some point their h-h record was 5-2 in Ferreira's favor. Come to your own conclusions.

So? That's one instance. Many people aren't on Fed's level, and he annhilates them. Come to your own conclusions.

ys
06-06-2005, 11:35 PM
It is very possible that Nadal will have a good balance against Roger.. Nadal is going to be seeded high for years to come. Meaning that he will be seeded to play Fed in finals/semis. Fed will be making semis/finals on Nadal's best surfaces. Nadal might not be making it as regularly on Roger's best surfaces..

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 11:36 PM

Sure, and also Miami´s weather makes Roger feel sick and play awful tennis.

ys
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM

Wonderfully put.. :yeah:

DanEd
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
i think so, i hope so.

Skyward
06-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Many people aren't on Fed's level, and he annhilates them.

Yeah, so?

Bibir
06-06-2005, 11:45 PM
And I felt Roger was scared at the RG too. He cares a lot about what the public thinks of him and was really scared to lose.
The public?...Do you think he was afraid of the french boooooos (the smartest tennis fans) ? :p

Zoupa
06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, so?

That's kind of a hypocritical response. First you compare Sampras' head to head record with someone to Federer, and you give me a "Yeah, so?". If any post deserves a "Yeah, so?" it's yours.

Zoupa
06-06-2005, 11:49 PM
The public?...Do you think he was afraid of the french boooooos (the smartest tennis fans) ? :p

After winning an award for best male athlete and winning three slams last year he has very high expectations placed on him. He was afraid of not living up to them.

PamV
06-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Let's see how things go on other surfaces.....grass, hardcourt, carpet etc. The clay took away from the power of Roger's serves, and it also didn't allow him to move as well as he normally does. I have to think in time Roger is going to dominate Nadal, just like he ended up doing with Hewitt. Only time will tell.

Skyward
06-06-2005, 11:55 PM
That's kind of a hypocritical response. First you compare Sampras' head to head record with someone to Federer, and you give me a "Yeah, so?". If any post deserves a "Yeah, so?" it's yours.

It's been said 1000+ times. It's all about the match-ups. Sampras-Ferreira is just a good example from the past.

PamV
06-06-2005, 11:56 PM
The thing about Nadal is that he hasn't been around long enough to play many of the non-clay courters on grass and hardcourt. At this point we've seen him unbeatable on clay so some start to talk as if he's the greatest player. However, really there are many guys he's never faced yet. It won't always be about Roger v. Rafa. Hopefully Roddick, Hewitt, Safin and others will have a chance to beat Nadal also. :devil:

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
It's all about the match-ups.

I love that wise statement, rule number 1 :yeah:

megadeth
06-07-2005, 12:03 AM
true, true. it's all premature.

remember the hype the press made back in mid'04 that andy and roger are going to have a great rivalry? it didn't fly... as roger beat him successively in wimby, toronto, and bangkok

robinhood
06-07-2005, 12:08 AM
The thing about Nadal is that he hasn't been around long enough to play many of the non-clay courters on grass and hardcourt. At this point we've seen him unbeatable on clay so some start to talk as if he's the greatest player. However, really there are many guys he's never faced yet. It won't always be about Roger v. Rafa. Hopefully Roddick, Hewitt, Safin and others will have a chance to beat Nadal also. :devil:

Ditto to the nth degree

wimbledonfan
06-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Do you people really think Roger will have a better head to head record against every single player he meets in his career ?
Come on people , I thought there were some intelligent posters in here . I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Nadal ends up being one of the few players with a better record against him at the end of their careers.

megadeth
06-07-2005, 12:47 AM
true, the way ferreira has a better record than sampras, the way doug flach is 1-0 against agassi...

lina_seta
06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
lol, I´m sure you were not the only one ;)

lol... u can be sure of that... :p
i use a lot of reps per day

lina_seta
06-07-2005, 01:23 AM

nop its not the 1,2,3 but he #4 of ur listing :p
q indirecta mas directa pst

lina_seta
06-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Right. Because the subjective quality of "beauty" of gamestyle is and always has been the soul determinant of who will win the most matches in a particular head to head. This is some of the most brilliant logic I've seen! Bravo.

well if u read correctly i meant its more beatiful but i NEVER said that THAT will make him win more matches... i NEVER established that relationship be careful... my point was... nadal can play good, he can beat roger and everything... but his tennis is not as special... as of who will have a better H2H record thats not something we can tell right now... all i said was IN THE PRESENT timeline

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 02:22 AM
It is very possible that Nadal will have a good balance against Roger.. Nadal is going to be seeded high for years to come. Meaning that he will be seeded to play Fed in finals/semis. Fed will be making semis/finals on Nadal's best surfaces. Nadal might not be making it as regularly on Roger's best surfaces..

So true. I see a lot of defensive Nadal fans for some reason.

heya
06-07-2005, 02:45 AM
lina. Hmm :scratch:

megadeth
06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
take note also that the dirt ballers or hard hitters of nadal's caliber didn't last long due to:

1. burn out or too much stress put on their body
2. their opponents finally find a way to beat them since they always deploy the same strategy.

examples: muster, kuerten, and brugera.

another example of the effect of not changing your strategy for a long period of time that sets you up for being beaten by anyone - the williams sisters...

Clara Bow
06-07-2005, 03:37 AM
their opponents finally find a way to beat them since they always deploy the same strategy.

another example of the effect of not changing your strategy for a long period of time that sets you up for being beaten by anyone

But from all accounts Nadal has said several times that he wants to continue to evolve his play. I don't think he wants to just have plan A and then run it into the ground. He says that he wants to improve other areas of his game- such as the serving and volleying. It doesn't seem that he wants to not change his strategy at all. I can't really see him being a complacent player, wedded to just one game plan.

One think that I like about Nadal is that he is good at switching strategies during matches. When he is at his best, he will have one point where he will play mainly defensive, he will have another where he will be quick with offense, and then another that may start out defensively and then switch to offense quickly. He is not yet up to Roger's caliber in that capacity- and it is too early to say if he ever will be. But- he has shown the inlcination so far to want to be able to have variety in his play.

I see a lot of defensive Nadal fans for some reason.

To be fair, I think in part because a lot of times Nadal is unfairly (in my opinion) dismissed as a one dimensional player, who simply is a grinder, and who will not evolve his game. I think that is far from the truth. I think Federer is the best player out there. And of the 1986 babies, Gasquet has more variety than Nadal. But at the same time, I can also appreciate that Nadal has unique abilities, a great tenacity and is a mutli-faceted player who aims to continue to improve his game. Tennis has room for more than one or two special talents, and I think that Nadal is one.

Mechlan
06-07-2005, 05:24 AM
This topic is way premature. Not only do they have yet to face each other on faster surfaces, but their games will evolve, they'll learn to play each other, will learn each others' tendencies, there will be win streaks and bad slumps, and there just are too many factors that could change in even the next 6 months. Speaking of which, I want to see if Nadal hits a sophomore slump and if so, how he deals with it.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 05:54 AM
We'll see who's the bitch when Federer makes Nadal eat a couple bagels this week. Assuming Nadal even makes it that far, which is a pretty big assumption.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:02 AM
I hate it how people base their favorite players based on what country they're born.

If Nadal was Swiss, and Federer was Spanish, all the Spanish Nadal dickriders would be rooting for Fed. So lame.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:09 AM
It's funny this thread it's just the usual overreaction, but funny to read nevertheless, as for defensive fans it seems that more of the Federer fans are defensive when there is absolutely no reason to be all, none.

Considering there are people who don't like people from the same country example deivid is a Nadal fan and doesn't Feli Lopez or Ferrero.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:11 AM
It's funny this thread it's just the usual overreaction, but funny to read nevertheless, as for defensive fans it seems that more of the Federer fans are defensive when there is absolutely no reason to be all, none.

Considering there are people who don't like people from the same country example deivid is a Nadal fan and doesn't Feli Lopez or Ferrero.

If Feli or Ferrero were winning as many tournaments as Nadal was, that'd probably change in a heartbeat.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:14 AM
If Feli or Ferrero were winning as many tournaments as Nadal was, that'd probably change in a heartbeat.

Na, he disliked them long before that. I don't like players just because they are from the same country or dislike others from another country, a few do that, but they are easy to spot.

mandoura
06-07-2005, 06:15 AM

You are joking, right? ;)

Rafa can pick up his racket against anyone. He has NO FEAR and I am not tired of saying that. He is a great kid. I am really happy he won RG. He was destined to. Congratulations to you Deivid and to all spanish tennis fans. :)

mandoura
06-07-2005, 06:18 AM
We'll see who's the bitch when Federer makes Nadal eat a couple bagels this week. Assuming Nadal even makes it that far, which is a pretty big assumption.

Speaking of big assumptions !!! :rolleyes:

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Speaking of big assumptions !!! :rolleyes:

Heh. Please don't tell me you Nadal is going to break Roger, what was it? 9 times on grass? I'd be suprised if Nadal breaks him even once. Roger broke nadal 6 times on clay, and on grass that serve of Nadal's is going to be even more attackable.

It's not going too far out to say that Roger will serve up a bagel to Nadal on grass.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal broke him once, but I do think Roger will have the edge without a doubt and not be broken at least 3 times should they meet on grass.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Na, he disliked them long before that. I don't like players just because they are from the same country or dislike others from another country, a few do that, but they are easy to spot.

I LOVE DANIEL NESTOR, HE IS MY HERO. GOD BLESS DANIEL!!!!!!! BRING HOME THE GOLD VAMOS VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:27 AM
It's not going too far out to say that Roger will serve up a bagel to Nadal on grass.

So Roger beats him on his best surface surprise surprise, just like Nadal beat Roger on his.

Accept it Federer lost and wouldn't Nadal have to win enough matches on grass to play Federer.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:28 AM
If you want my actual prediction if Fed and Nadal should meet on grass:

6-1, 6-3.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:30 AM
So Roger beats him on his best surface surprise surprise, just like Nadal beat Roger on his.

Accept it Federer lost and wouldn't Nadal have to win enough matches on grass to play Federer.

Nadal could get an easy ass draw, and grind out some really tough matches against opponants not nearly on Fed's level on grass.

If Nadal can be bagel'd on clay, without a doubt he can be bagel'd on grass by Roger.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Hard Copy Version :

Federer def. Nadal 6-4 6-3

They won't meet as I doubt Nadal will reach the semis/quarters @ Halle.

Pim might even prove too tough for the reigning world #1.

If they meet at Wimbledon, take the two set analysis from my 2nd line in this post and add a score of your choice, in Federer's favor.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Nadal could get an easy ass draw, and grind out some really tough matches against opponants not nearly on Fed's level on grass.

If Nadal can be bagel'd on clay, without a doubt he can be bagel'd on grass by Roger.

Already you have the excuses lined up if Nadal wins enough matches to play against Federer, you're good.

How many good grasscourters are there in the game? You can use the fingers and thumbs on your 2 hands and have space left over.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Agreed. Too many big servers to compete with Nadal on grass, Nadal's game isn't exactly tailor made for the green slick stuff either so less chance of them meeting.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Agreed. Too many big servers to compete with Nadal on grass, Nadal's game isn't exactly tailor made for the green slick stuff either so less chance of them meeting.

Because Nadal is a one surface wonder.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Because Nadal is a one surface wonder.

Keep telling yourself that. Lost to the finalist in 5 tough sets in Australia, made the final of the only TMS event he played on hardcourt in 2005.

Even if he wins good tournaments on other surfaces, you will find ways to say it was a fluke.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 06:44 AM
How many good grasscourters are there in the game? You can use the fingers and thumbs on your 2 hands and have space left over.

Yep. I only see Nadal being an underdog against Federer, Roddick, Hewitt, Ancic, and maybe Henman and Agassi depending upon how they are playing. I see some others who I would call even but everyone else, Nadal can beat and beat quite easily even on grass. I think that puts him into the 4th round or QF at Wimbledon.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:45 AM
I was really impressed he took homeboy to 5 @ AO as George mentioned.

Not bad considering it was his first Grand Slam, I believe? Or first AO or something.

I know he missed RG 04, and had to work his way up alot in the ranks during that year as well.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 06:49 AM
The 2nd and 3rd sets Nadal dominated and I was quite surprised at that. He improved so much after his drubbing at the hands of Roddick at the USO where he looked like the kid he is. But of course, the USO plays much faster than the AO.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:51 AM
Not bad considering it was his first Grand Slam, I believe? Or first AO or something.

I know he missed RG 04, and had to work his way up alot in the ranks during that year as well.

He played the AO before this year, he played Wimbledon and the US Open in 03.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 06:53 AM
He played the AO before this year, he played Wimbledon and the US Open in 03.

Didn't he lose to Lleyton and the AO this year?

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks, George.

As far Roddick/Nadal USO, hardcourt is always the stepping stone for Spanish. You hope he builds his game around Hewitt, if his speed is any indication he's in for alot of success if that happens.

He doesn't quite have the serve to compete on fast surfaces.

I don't know if it was a special tactic for clay, but his 2nd serves were in the high 70s, low 80s @ RG vs Federer.

He's not have much success if he tries the Dementieva route on hard.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Didn't he lose to Lleyton and the AO this year?

Hewitt has beaten him twice in Australia. It's about match ups, so don't try he can't beat Hewitt yet as an failing, when he has a postive record over Federer and he is not a better player than Federer.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Considering Nadal's serve it doesn't have to be a cannon ball Federer is a perfect example of that, as long as Nadal can place it well and hit it deep, plus get a bit more stick and vary it, it doesn't need to be Roddick like in power.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Hewitt has beaten him twice in Australia. It's about match ups, so don't try he can't beat Hewitt yet as an failing, when he has a postive record over Federer and he is not a better player than Federer.

Was that in English? Sorry to nit-pick, but could you fix those typos, I seriously have no idea what you just said.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks, George.

As far Roddick/Nadal USO, hardcourt is always the stepping stone for Spanish. You hope he builds his game around Hewitt, if his speed is any indication he's in for alot of success if that happens.

He doesn't quite have the serve to compete on fast surfaces.

I don't know if it was a special tactic for clay, but his 2nd serves were in the high 70s, low 80s @ RG vs Federer.

He's not have much success if he tries the Dementieva route on hard.

He's just a much better player right now. In that match, he was really nervous and I think he was having some shoulder problems and his weak serve was even weaker. Roddick, who is not a good returner, was eating his serve for lunch and dinner and a midnight snack. Nadal is also returning much better now. His game, while not too much more varied, is quite a bit better than last year. While I don't expect Nadal to beat Roddick on a USO type surface, he will be a much tougher out.

As for his weak second serves against Federer, they were a bit below normal for him but he saw that Federer was extremely tentative the entire match and wasn't going to destroy his weak 2nd serves and Federer didn't.

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 07:01 AM
I guess this means Andreev will be Nadal's rival for hardcourt/grass as indicated in the other thread.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Considering Nadal's serve it doesn't have to be a cannon ball Federer is a perfect example of that, as long as Nadal can place it well and hit it deep, plus get a bit more stick and vary it, it doesn't need to be Roddick like in power.

I'm not saying it needs to be "Roddick like in power," but Nadal has a bad tendency of leaving his serves very short, just asking to be pounced on.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:02 AM

There's a big difference between Federer's and Nadal's serves. When he wants to, Federer can routinely crank it up to 130 mph+ as he did against Agassi at the USO last year. His second serves are also much stronger. If Nadal can get his serves to Federer like speeds, then he will be a force ont eh fast courts as well.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:04 AM
Was that in English? Sorry to nit-pick, but could you fix those typos, I seriously have no idea what you just said.

Should I write for you in Finnish, Swedish or Norwegian it would mean the same thing. A brief rundown since you love Nadal so much it'd be he is not that good he can't beat Hewitt, and then use that to rubbish him.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:06 AM
There's a big difference between Federer's and Nadal's serves. When he wants to, Federer can routinely crank it up to 130 mph+ as he did against Agassi at the USO last year. His second serves are also much stronger. If Nadal can get his serves to Federer like speeds, then he will be a force ont eh fast courts as well.

Federer doesn't use pace all the time, yes I do watch tennis now and then. It's his variation that is so impressive on serve, any serve you like, the same toss and the same swing.

No shit Federer has a stronger serve than Nadal, and Nadal won't get huge speeds, he knows he has to improve it and will.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Should I write for you in Finnish, Swedish or Norwegian it would mean the same thing. A brief rundown since you love Nadal so much it'd be he is not that good he can't beat Hewitt, and then use that to rubbish him.

I wasn't trying to imply that at all. It was more of a question, concerning whether or not he played in the Australian Open this year. Because all you mentioned was him playing in the AO in '04, I thought you would've mentioned '05 as well, and I wasn't exactly sure, so I was just recalling my memory.

But thanks for taking what I said out of context.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Federer doesn't use pace all the time, yes I do watch tennis now and then. It's his variation that is so impressive on serve, any serve you like, the same toss and the same swing.

No shit Federer has a stronger serve than Nadal, and Nadal won't get huge speeds, he knows he has to improve it and will.

Yikes, why the hostility Hitler? Nadal's serve will no doubt get better now that he realizes that he does have a legitmate chance of not only winning on clay but everywhere. I think his entire service motion was designed to "service" his clay court game which doesn't need a big first serve. I see his serve improving like Agassi's. I remember Agassi like to just toss that 1st serve in there at a 100 mph and then rally but he steadily improved that 1st serve and can hit it 125+ quite consistently. I think we'll see the same thing from Nadal with the added benefit that it will be a lefty serve.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:16 AM
I wasn't trying to imply that at all. It was more of a question, concerning whether or not he played in the Australian Open this year. Because all you mentioned was him playing in the AO in '04, I thought you would've mentioned '05 as well, and I wasn't exactly sure, so I was just recalling my memory.

But thanks for taking what I said out of context.

I said earlier in response to Nat that he played the AO before this year and he lost to Hewitt twice at the event and if I didn't mention it then it was an oversight only as both matches were hyped up big time.

Considering you said was that in English, it got the response necessary.

MariaV
06-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Erm peeps, while you're at it, am I stupid or has Nadal's serve got better in the last months? I mean there seems to be more power in it already, and I'm sure he' still working on it.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Erm peeps, while you're at it, am I stupid or has Nadal's serve got better in the last months? I mean there seems to be more power in it already, and I'm sure he' still working on it.

I don't think it has. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of Nadal's first serve's get clocked at 75mph?

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Yikes, why the hostility Hitler? Nadal's serve will no doubt get better now that he realizes that he does have a legitmate chance of not only winning on clay but everywhere. I think his entire service motion was designed to "service" his clay court game which doesn't need a big first serve. I see his serve improving like Agassi's. I remember Agassi like to just toss that 1st serve in there at a 100 mph and then rally but he steadily improved that 1st serve and can hit it 125+ quite consistently. I think we'll see the same thing from Nadal with the added benefit that it will be a lefty serve.

No hostility at all, should I use smilies all the time? Yes, Nadal is a clay specialist who can't win anywhere else and as long as I know that then life is good.

He is not a fool and never has been and if he was, would he have learnt and developed as quickly as he has. Nadal has to improve his serve, he doesn't need to have massive speeds, just like Federer doesn't use massive speed all the time and as for being lefty that has its advantages.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:20 AM

Yes, a little bit more power but also better placed, especially pulling people out wide serving to their BH's.

mandoura
06-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Nadal can shine at Wimbledon, Federer says
Saturday June 4, 09:28 PM

PARIS (AFP) - Rafael Nadal has proved he is as good as it gets on claycourts but Roger Federer believes he also has what it takes to excel on grass.

Federer was the latest victim of Nadal's amazing unbeaten run on clay in the semi-finals of the French Open late Friday.

The top seed lost 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and he now heads begins his preparations for a third straight Wimbledon crown.

The quick grasscourts in London are the antithesis of the slow claycourts in Paris and few players have managed to master both in the same summer.
In recent times, Swedish legend Bjorn Borg was the only man who successfully switched from one to the other in the space of two or three weeks, doing it an incredible five times in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Since then the likes of Pete Samras, John McEnroe, Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg have come up short at Roland Garros, while the Spanish and South American claycourters who have dominated in Paris have failed miserably in London.

Federer is the latest to struggle in the French Open, falling for the seventh time against Nadal but he thinks the 19-year-old Spaniard has the game one day to pull off the difficult double.

"The guys that are going to be heavy favourites for Wimbledon are Hewitt, Roddick and Safin in my eyes," he said.

"And Rafael is coming in with very little preparation, but I still believe he's going to be good on grass too. No question.

"The guys who make it to the top five, they can play on any surface. It's how tennis works.

"Just one clay court season doesn't say you're good on clay and bad on the rest of the surfaces."

Unlike in ths year's French Open Nadal will not be making his Wimbledon debut later this month.

He won through to the third round in 2003 at just 17, the youngest player to do so since Boris Becker in 1984, before losing to Thailand's Paradorn Srichaphan, but he did not play last year due to an injury to his left ankle.

But win or lose, Nadal looks set to make his mark at Wimbledon for his flamboyant sporting attire.

Wearing an Apache-like bandana, a long, green, sleeveless shirt and three-quarter-length white pants, he has cut a dashing figure at Roland Garros where the dress code is relaxed.

But Wimbledon has been known to be stuffier about what players wear although the main provision is usually that their clothes be predominately white.

Nadal says he fully intends to keep his pants on in London pointing out cleverly that men used to play in long trousers up until World War II.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/050604/19/ulb1.html

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:25 AM
No hostility at all, should I use smilies all the time? Yes, Nadal is a clay specialist who can't win anywhere else and as long as I know that then life is good.

He is not a fool and never has been and if he was, would he have learnt and developed as quickly as he has. Nadal has to improve his serve, he doesn't need to have massive speeds, just like Federer doesn't use massive speed all the time and as for being lefty that has its advantages.

Ok. Menitoning that you do indeed "watch tennis every now and then" and starting a sentence with "no shit" made you seem a bit defensive but alright:)

Yes, Nadal is a clay specialist who can't win anywhere else and as long as I know that then life is good.

Who said that? I was mentioning that Nadal's service motion was designed with a clay court game in mind where you don't need the powerful first serve kind of like Agassi's formerly weak 1st serve was designed to just start a rally where he would control it.

I for one can't wait to see how Nadal improves on the fast surfaces and potential matchups with Federer, LH, Safin, Roddick, and others. It should be some good fun.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:31 AM
So true. I see a lot of defensive Nadal fans for some reason.

Oh, is that what you got from this thread? Funny, I saw scared "ROJAH fans" writing him off :devil:

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Ok. Menitoning that you do indeed "watch tennis every now and then" and starting a sentence with "no shit" made you seem a bit defensive but alright:)

You can construct an argument which is more than 95 per cent of people on this board, who couldn't construct a fart after 30 cans of baked beans.

Who said that? I was mentioning that Nadal's service motion was designed with a clay court game in mind where you don't need the powerful first serve kind of like Agassi's formerly weak 1st serve was designed to just start a rally where he would control it.

It was a joke at some of the bitter people that Nadal won RG, the thing is some fans are trying to make me like the guy more than they should.

I for one can't wait to see how Nadal improves on the fast surfaces and potential matchups with Federer, LH, Safin, Roddick, and others. It should be some good fun.

I don't go for hype, let it happen if it does.

NYCtennisfan
06-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh, is that what you got from this thread? Funny, I saw scared "ROJAH fans" writing him off

I think Federer fans are also defensive due to all the praise being given to the youngster which was basically only reserved for Federer a year ago.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:34 AM
This topic is way premature. Not only do they have yet to face each other on faster surfaces, but their games will evolve, they'll learn to play each other, will learn each others' tendencies, there will be win streaks and bad slumps, and there just are too many factors that could change in even the next 6 months. Speaking of which, I want to see if Nadal hits a sophomore slump and if so, how he deals with it.

Well, he did sit out last season for three months with a busted foot and rebounded alright from that (winning his ... third??? tournament back). Somehow I think he'll manage just fine if he loses a few matches in a row again.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Chloe, stop these people are making me into a Nadal fan.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
I think Federer fans are also defensive due to all the praise being given to the youngster which was basically only reserved for Federer a year ago.

Like some Sampras fans who feel threatened that Federer could upstage him.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Yep. I only see Nadal being an underdog against Federer, Roddick, Hewitt, Ancic, and maybe Henman and Agassi depending upon how they are playing. I see some others who I would call even but everyone else, Nadal can beat and beat quite easily even on grass. I think that puts him into the 4th round or QF at Wimbledon.

Ancic is better now, but Nadal did hand him his ass at Wimbledon a couple years ago ;)

Not to suggest that I would put my house down on it happening again. Ancic is too unpredictable :p

I would consider him the underdog against Henman, who I don't think he's played before. I look forward to that, on whatever surface just to see how they match up.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Well then, maybe Federer should have started winning slams at 19 and this wouldn't be a problem.

If they can't be satisfied with supporting the greatest talent in the game, 19238210832 articles in the world aren't going to help them :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:40 AM
And they are turning me into an evil gloating Nadal fan. But seriously... they have it coming.

Just to cover all my bases, I don't think Nadal would beat Fed on grass at this point in his career. I won't be stupid and say "Ever" because I haven't a clue how Nadal's game will look 5 years from now.

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 07:42 AM
When I said "was that in English," I didn't mean to sound like an ass. Sorry if it came across that way.

But you got to admit, what you wrote didn't make a whole lot of grammatical sense.

Chloe le Bopper

Indeed. It's get's a bit tiring to hear people talk about him like he has an Elena serve. I don't see Federer or Hewitt pouncing on it all the time, so clearly he's doing something right with it :shrug:

Action Jackson
And they are turning me into an evil gloating Nadal fan. But seriously... they have it coming.

Well, I mean I know who the good Federer fans are, who are not hysterical everytime he loses a match.

Just to cover all my bases, I don't think Nadal would beat Fed on grass at this point in his career. I won't be stupid and say "Ever" because I haven't a clue how Nadal's game will look 5 years from now.

If he did, it would only be a fluke, but I really doubt that it would happen.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:45 AM

His serve has gradually improved since I first saw him two years ago. I'm not sure about the last few months alone, but I'm sure it will continue to improve. Some people will be praying that it won't, and it sucks to be them :devil:

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
When I said "was that in English," I didn't mean to sound like an ass. Sorry if it came across that way.

But you got to admit, what you wrote didn't make a whole lot of grammatical sense.

It doesn't matter whether you are an ass or not, that's you.

First of all since English isn't my first language, if you want to nitpick try the arguments it's more fun that way.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Well, I mean I know who the good Federer fans are, who are not hysterical everytime he loses a match..

There are lots of good ones. Sadly they aren't as loud :sad:

Even Pete lost to Bastl, btw :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Nadal can shine at Wimbledon, Federer says
Saturday June 4, 09:28 PM

Federer is just saying this because he's media savy. He doesn't really mean it. He knows like the rest of us that Nadal blows. Especially on grass.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 07:48 AM
There are lots of good ones. Sadly they aren't as loud :sad:

They'd be in the majority especially at the tournaments. That's one thing about Federer he doesn't have a huge teenybopper fanbase and that is good.

lsy
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Defensive fans are everywhere, it's not like we'd never seen some over-reaction in the Nadal/Gasquet comparison threads before :o and pls don't try telling me that's different, coz it's not and the only different imo is everybody is seeing it from their favourite player point of views.

As for this question, there isn't one bit of doubt for me that Roger had problems playing Nadal, it's not coincidence that 3 times they played, he had difficulties. Sure we can go on and on saying he's not his best, but why won't he? He knows he has to be his best and in most cases he can turn it on (esp in important occassion), there has to be a reason why only vs Nadal, he has that problem.

Though, I did see him finding his way vs Nadal in the 2nd set RG match (and not it's not just coz of his serves :rolleyes: ) but the thing is surprise surprise, Nadal was the one who's much more calm and composed than Roger, that tells me sth. I for one have no idea how their next match will turn out to be and am not convinced as yet that Rogi knows very well how he should play Nadal. But we'll see.

Clara Bow
06-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Oh never mind...nothing to see here.

Action Jackson
06-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Defensive fans are everywhere, it's not like we'd never seen some over-reaction in the Nadal/Gasquet comparison threads before :o and pls don't try telling me that's different, coz it's not and the only different imo is everybody is seeing it from their favourite player point of views.

Isn't there a level of defensiveness though when it's not funny and clouds judgements, as I have said before it's not that hard to talk about players respective games. Hype is everywhere and sadly it won't disappear. Gasquet was overrated, then came back and showed something like his potential and now he is not a has-been anymore.

Though, I did see him finding his way vs Nadal in the 2nd set RG match (and not it's not just coz of his serves :rolleyes: ) but the thing is surprise surprise, Nadal was the one who's much more calm and composed than Roger, that tells me sth. I for one have no idea how their next match will turn out to be and am not convinced as yet that Rogi knows very well how he should play Nadal. But we'll see

It goes back to something I said before about Federer on clay, he can get away with not playing at his best a lot easier on faster surfaces, and the fact Nadal was not at his best either, but Nadal has an outstanding temperament among the celebrations.

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 08:13 AM

You're right, it's not different. In the Rafa/Richie comparison threads a fair number of people go out of their way to criticize Rafa's game and talk about how he's simply not in Richard's calibre of talent. Replace "Federer" with "Gasquet" but take away the career accomplishments and you have the exact same discussion.

This isn't what you meant at all, but that's how it is ;)

deliveryman
06-07-2005, 08:27 AM
It doesn't matter whether you are an ass or not, that's you.

First of all since English isn't my first language, if you want to nitpick try the arguments it's more fun that way.

I'll nit-pick the arguments once I understand them first. ;)

TheMightyFed
06-07-2005, 10:09 AM

As for this question, there isn't one bit of doubt for me that Roger had problems playing Nadal, it's not coincidence that 3 times they played, he had difficulties. Sure we can go on and on saying he's not his best, but why won't he? He knows he has to be his best and in most cases he can turn it on (esp in important occassion), there has to be a reason why only vs Nadal, he has that problem.

Though, I did see him finding his way vs Nadal in the 2nd set RG match (and not it's not just coz of his serves :rolleyes: ) but the thing is surprise surprise, Nadal was the one who's much more calm and composed than Roger, that tells me sth. I for one have no idea how their next match will turn out to be and am not convinced as yet that Rogi knows very well how he should play Nadal. But we'll see.

I agree with all what you say, and in that second set Fed brought good first serves, a lot of variations, good sliced backhand and agressive volleys. For me that is key: he won't beat Nadal on clay from the baseline...
As for other surfaces, Rafa's mental toughness is a factor I think, and as he plays a lot of doubles I think he can improve his volleys and tactical approach to counter the fastcourt "specialists". I just wanted to underline, even if not needed, the caliber of the guy, who managed quite an achivement in beating Fed in 04 and 05, while the latter is really "in the zone"...

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't think it has. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of Nadal's first serve's get clocked at 75mph?

Your knowledge about Nadal´s game development is vast as you´ve been showing consistently in this thread. Congrats.

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
I hate it how people base their favorite players based on what country they're born.

If Nadal was Swiss, and Federer was Spanish, all the Spanish Nadal dickriders would be rooting for Fed. So lame.

I wish Feliciano was born far far away from Toledo, let´s say, North Pole, but hey, nothing much I can do about. Ferrero also could have gone there if u ask me. Coherent point this one of yours lol

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Maybe that would be another coherent act you would do if Federer falls into a slump. Or even maybe if Nadal shows in a future he can play well on the fastest courts, you will jump into his bandwagon. Not my style, though

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
You are joking, right? ;)

Rafa can pick up his racket against anyone. He has NO FEAR and I am not tired of saying that. He is a great kid. I am really happy he won RG. He was destined to. Congratulations to you Deivid and to all spanish tennis fans. :)

Yes I was mandoura ;)

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I´ve just seen deliveryman was the brilliant one who said this after Nadal´s win over Federer past RG:

i've never seen so many lucky bounces go nadal's way in my life... jesus

lol, another lost battle, I will save my energies for other ones instead

Halba
06-07-2005, 10:48 AM
no way

Rafa can only play excellent on clay and OK on hardcourt. I looked at that Miami match, Rafa sucked in the last 2 sets. Fed was just playing shithouse in the first 2 sets being his usual mistiming self (at times he can really go woeful on his forehand)

Once Fed got his timing back on hardcourt he was devastating. His volleying skills are extraordinary and are perfectly suited to these surfaces...On clay volleyers suck everyone knows that

Lila
06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Rafa's bitch... :lol:
maybe. :cool:

mandoura
06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Federer is just saying this because he's media savy. He doesn't really mean it. He knows like the rest of us that Nadal blows. Especially on grass.

I guess so, yeah.

But does Nadal really blow on grass? I think he has the stamina and will to learn and improve on all surfaces.

I just don't think he is going to be bageled that easily. Not now at least. Yes, Gaudio did it at the beginning of the year. Yes Andreev beat him this year. But I don't think he will be handed a defeat easily anymore. It will be very tough to beat him unless he is injured or worn. It's just a feeling I have.

Yes I am a Nadal fan but I am a Roger fan first and I tell you: Of all Roger's rivals, Rafa is the most dangerous because of his consistency and because Roger hasn't fully figured out his game. Nadal, I think, has a mental edge over Roger. Roger is giving him that edge.

BTW, thank you for mentioning the Ancic match was 2 years ago. I couldn't remember if it was last year or the year before. My mind plays tricks on me all the time. And it was his first time in Wimbey, no?

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 06:54 PM
I wish Feliciano was born far far away from Toledo, let´s say, North Pole, but hey, nothing much I can do about. Ferrero also could have gone there if u ask me. Coherent point this one of yours lol

Deliveryman is welcome to go to toledo with them :)

Chloe le Bopper
06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I guess so, yeah.

But does Nadal really blow on grass? I think he has the stamina and will to learn and improve on all surfaces.

I just don't think he is going to be bageled that easily. Not now at least. Yes, Gaudio did it at the beginning of the year. Yes Andreev beat him this year. But I don't think he will be handed a defeat easily anymore. It will be very tough to beat him unless he is injured or worn. It's just a feeling I have.

Yes I am a Nadal fan but I am a Roger fan first and I tell you: Of all Roger's rivals, Rafa is the most dangerous because of his consistency and because Roger hasn't fully figured out his game. Nadal, I think, has a mental edge over Roger. Roger is giving him that edge.

BTW, thank you for mentioning the Ancic match was 2 years ago. I couldn't remember if it was last year or the year before. My mind plays tricks on me all the time. And it was his first time in Wimbey, no?
I was just kidding about my comments on Roger ;)

Yes, that was Rafa's first time at Wimbledon :)

MissPovaFan
06-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Nadal is an entirely different player this season and to be fair he hasn't played on grass for two years so it shall be very exciting to see how he does! I think its way too early to decide whether he rocks or blows on grass.

undomiele
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Although Nadal is very capable of improving his skills on the surface, I doubt he'll ever win Wimbledon. As for making it far, who knows? I could see that happening... he certainly has the power and the lightning quick reflexes. But that will require changing his game a lot. Improving his serve, not running as much, better volleys.. etc.

vincayou
06-07-2005, 07:33 PM
The only fact that Nadal consistently play doubles shows that he's willing to improve on his volleys and adds more weapons to his arsenal.
I won't bet that he'll never win Wimbledon one day.

Deivid23
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I won't bet that he'll never win Wimbledon one day.

Smart u ;)

NATAS81
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Very smart.

hitchhiker
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM
On his way?
ROGER IS NADALS BITCH and it wont be long before his Roddick bitch to. they can have threesome.

who can roger beat? only nalbloobloondian and canASS types.

MissMoJo
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
On his way?
ROGER IS NADALS BITCH and it wont be long before his Roddick bitch to. they can have threesome.

*sigh* well, it wouldn't be grass season without the weeds... :rolleyes:

hitchhiker
06-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Roger yelling during his matches. i think his worrying his going to go slamless ;)

Fedex
06-11-2005, 03:38 AM
No.

Fedex
06-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Roger yelling during his matches. i think his worrying his going to go slamless ;)
Ah, is it that time of the year again already? :)

amierin
06-11-2005, 04:02 AM
Not yet. Ask again at the end of the season.

tangerine_dream
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
*bump*

I was looking for bitchy threads and found this one.

bokehlicious
08-06-2008, 06:22 PM
:lol: Tangy is finally "getting revenge" after those 4 years of frustration :hug: :hug:

as long as Roddick will forever remain Roger's bitch I guess most Fed fans are all right :)

alfonsojose
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
:lol: Tangy is finally "getting revenge" after those 4 years of frustration :hug: :hug:

as long as Roddick will forever remain Roger's bitch I guess most Fed fans are all right :)

:lol:

finishingmove
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
this is old news.

federer is now ready to be murray's bitch :o

MrChopin
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
this is old news.

federer is now ready to be murray's bitch :o

Step in line Fed, right behind Nole.

finishingmove
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Step in line Fed, right behind Nole.

brilliant post

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=murray%2Candy&player2=federer

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=murray%2Candy&player2=djokovic%2Cnovak

MrChopin
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM
brilliant post

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=murray%2Candy&player2=federer

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=murray%2Candy&player2=djokovic%2Cnovak

In that case:

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Federer%2C+Roger&player2=novak+djokovic

Albatros99
08-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Some people see the truth earlier than others. Congratulations to the creator of the thread.

adee-gee
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Federer is still figuring Nadal out. He will own him eventually, like he does with everyone :yeah:

Albatros99
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Federer is still figuring Nadal out. He will own him eventually, like he does with everyone :yeah:

When he is 44, playing exhibition matches against the Majorcan.

Metis
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Interesting thread. :D Some of the many posts that I liked:

:rolls:

Number 2?????!!!!????
Well one thing is for sure Roger has problems with the lefty play of Nadal - but the more matches he'll play against him the better he'll figure out how to play Nadal. It took him a few matches till he sorted ot the games of Nalby and Hewitt but once he did they had no chance anymore.

So yes at the moment Nadal is Rogers bitch (or is it the other way round???) but I don't think for long...

On his way?

Clay Death
08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
In that case:

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Federer%2C+Roger&player2=novak+djokovic

what a waste of a thread. Fed was born to be the Clay Monster`s bitch.

soon to be everybody`s bitch. stay tuned.

Forehander
08-07-2008, 02:47 AM
what a waste of a thread. Fed was born to be the Clay Monster`s bitch.

soon to be everybody`s bitch. stay tuned.

And you're born to be a 24/7 spammer of tennis forums across the whole wide web.

Anyway to the Thread opener: yes I believe so but hopefully Federer won't give in so early just yet.

Clay Death
08-07-2008, 02:52 AM
And you're born to be a 24/7 spammer of tennis forums across the whole wide web.

Anyway to the Thread opener: yes I believe so but hopefully Federer won't give in so early just yet.

truth cuts you down like a cheap ribbon. what else is new with you old sport?

mariyella80
08-07-2008, 03:25 AM
what a dumb ass question.....Roger has always been rafa's bitch from the beginning....Rafa has a lifetime winning record and he has beaten roger on all surfaces....u have toooo much time on your hands...lac of orginality

Clay Death
08-07-2008, 03:47 AM
what a dumb ass question.....Roger has always been rafa's bitch from the beginning....Rafa has a lifetime winning record and he has beaten roger on all surfaces....u have toooo much time on your hands...lac of orginality

affirmative. at the current rate, Fed will soon have grown breasts. his testicles disappeared when the Clay Monster the high priest of death was born.

Damn
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
affirmative. at the current rate, Fed will soon have grown breasts. his testicles disappeared when the Clay Monster the high priest of death was born.

Testicular fortitude is missing.