Nadal vs Andreev [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal vs Andreev

Skyward
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
As it turned out Andreev is the only man who beat Nadal on clay since Miami. Apart from Rafa being tired and "willing" to lose, what happened in this match? How did Andreev play?

Red Alert: it's not a bashing thread by any means. I'm just curious. ESPN doesn't show TMS-es on clay any more, let alone the tournament from Valencia.

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 03:51 PM
How did Andreev play?

Well enough to win.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
As it turned out Andreev is the only man who beat Nadal on clay since Miami. Apart from Rafa being tired and "willing" to lose, what happened in this match? How did Andreev play?

Red Alert: it's not a bashing thread by any means. I'm just curious. ESPN doesn't show TMS-es on clay any more, let alone the tournament from Valencia.

I had a report from that match coming from 2 different people. They both agree on the fact GWH said. Andreev played well enough to take it.

Fumus
06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Andreev played like a young Thomas Muster. ;)

Skyward
06-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Well enough to win.

Well, thanks. That much I can figure out from the result.

Did he employ any tactics? Thanks to ESPN, I'm not really familiar with Andreev's style. Did he serve big? Did he step in on the returns? Did he go to the net?

Dr. Laborious
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM

Did he employ any tactics? Thanks to ESPN, I'm not really familiar with Andreev's style. Did he serve big? Did he step in on the returns? Did he go to the net?

Didn't see the match, but I think it's safe enough to say...

no, no, no...

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Andreev moves quite well and hits a huge forehand, his tennis brain isn't the greatest and his serve is reasonable.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 04:15 PM

Andreev has a decent first serve and a huge forehand, he trains in Valencia and prefers slower surfaces. He feels comfortable trying to overpower his rivals with his fh from baseline. His bh is not bad when itīs on but heīs still a bit too erratic with it. Anyway next time they face each other I think outcome wonīt be the same.

Puschkin
06-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Somehow similar to Ferrero, whom he destroyed last year as the defending RG-champion. That is nothing worth mentioning in itself, because JCF had not recovered from injury. But the remarkable thing was that he defeated JCF with his own weapons.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Somehow similar to Ferrero, whom he destroyed last year as the defending RG-champion. That is nothing worth mentioning in itself, because JCF had not recovered from injury. But the remarkable thing was that he defeated JCF with his own weapons.

I donīt find many similarities between both, honestly.

Puschkin
06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I donīt find many similarities between both, honestly.

I did not expect you to agree with me even on a neutral topic like Andreev and Ferrero ;) , even if you pointed out the similarities before yourself. I said "somehow", and this was meant to give an idea.

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 04:29 PM
I did not expect you to agree with me even on a neutral topic like Andreev and Ferrero ;) , even if you pointed out the similarities before yourself. I said "somehow", and this was meant to give an idea.

I donīt remember where weīve discussed before, sorry, maybe you were one of those who stated Federer would win Nadal easily :shrug:

Having a good fh and feeling comfortable at baseline is not enough for me to say a player has similar style to other.

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Ferrero and Andreev aren't that similiar. Ferrero has a better backhand, moves better and Andreev has a better serve, they don't even hit the forehands the same.

Puschkin
06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
You see, Skyward, I managed at least to get our experts to comment more precisely;) and while my comparison might have its flaws (that's why I used the word "somehow",) they did not come up with a better one yet.

ys
06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Well enough to win.

You are amazing.. Why don't you go into politics? You are a superb demagogue.. 90% of your posts are about stating the meaningless obvious..

Puschkin
06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Why don't you go into politics? You are a superb demagogue.. 90% of your posts are about stating the meaningless obvious..

Maybe he is in politics :p

Deivid23
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
You are amazing.. Why don't you go into politics? You are a superb demagogue.. 90% of your posts are about stating the meaningless obvious..

That statement is not that obvious as you point, at least not mine

Fumus
06-06-2005, 04:49 PM

The simple and obvious statements are the ones most logically true. :)

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Still waiting for the scientific proof about your lefty theories?

As for the obvious is Andreev a shotmaker cause he is Russian?

Thanks for the laughs.

alfonsojose
06-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Maybe he is in politics :p
GWH was involved in the plot against Dubya's military records ;)