... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Judio
06-06-2005, 09:10 AM

*Ljubica*
06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for posting - it's never too soon for me to plan next year's European Tour ;)

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for that Judio.

What they have done different is moved to Houston to the 1st week of the clayseason and it now competes with Valencia instead, which I knew about earlier, but they have done it.

Davis Cup has changed back to what it was before and they still have 3 back to back TMS events.

Alvarillo
06-06-2005, 10:21 AM
we will see more changes for 2007. ATP-WTA want to have 4 mixed tournaments of 10 days, IW, Miami and ...... surprise surprise, the director of the Tennis Masters Madrid announced in Paris that the Spanish capital city will host a mixed event of 10 days in the first weeks of May of 2007!!!!
The tournament will replace the October's Masters and will be played on clay!

An Asian city will host the other 10 days tournament...

Cervantes
06-06-2005, 10:33 AM
we will see more changes for 2007. ATP-WTA want to have 4 mixed tournaments of 10 days, IW, Miami and ...... surprise surprise, the director of the Tennis Masters Madrid announced in Paris that the Spanish capital city will host a mixed event of 10 days in the first weeks of May of 2007!!!!

First weeks of May? What are they gonna do, play three AMS events back to back?

As far as I'm concerned you can't play 4 AMS events in a 6 week period, so one of the other 3 would have to go, probably Hamburg. They might shift that to the end of the year and make it an indoor tournament.

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
First weeks of May? What are they gonna do, play three AMS events back to back?

As far as I'm concerned you can't play 4 AMS events in a 6 week period, so one of the other 3 would have to go, probably Hamburg. They might shift that to the end of the year and make it an indoor tournament.

Hamburg has oil money to keep it there and there is plenty of it as well I don't see it moving just yet.

Kristen
06-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Woo! December (edit: it said January. I am :retard: )31st, Adelaide, here I come!
Very glad to see DC move back. Perhaps we'll play someone decent in the first round (preferably here!?) and the players will stay a while ;)

Alvarillo
06-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Hamburg has oil money to keep it there and there is plenty of it as well I don't see it moving just yet.

maybe would be better fro German players if Hamburg is played on indoors hard-courts so perhaps Madrid-Hamburg will change the events ...
but only i know what the director said, and he said that Madrid will host a mixed event for 2007, 10 days and in the first weeks of May

Action Jackson
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
maybe would be better fro German players if Hamburg is played on indoors hard-courts so perhaps Madrid-Hamburg will change the events ...
but only i know what the director said, and he said that Madrid will host a mixed event for 2007, 10 days and in the first weeks of May

I don't believe it unless I see it and if Tiriac is the tournament director he talks a lot, but he gets things done, but there are enough combined events as is.

Alvarillo
06-06-2005, 11:23 AM
http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2005/06/02/tenis/1117726589.html

Neely
06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
I would love that idea :inlove: That would be a beautiful idea and if I were in charge I would not hesitate one millisecond to give Madrid the clay event and getting a nice indoor Masters in exchange for that which takes place at the end of the season.

zethand
06-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I hate this calender...

RogerRocks
06-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I would love that idea :inlove: That would be a beautiful idea and if I were in charge I would not hesitate one millisecond to give Madrid the clay event and getting a nice indoor Masters in exchange for that which takes place at the end of the season.

and what should happen to the rothenbaum arena??? I like this stadium. I wanna go there many times more.

Golfnduck
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
It looks like a good calendar to me.

bavaria100
06-12-2005, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=RogerRocks]and what should happen to the rothenbaum arena??? I like this stadium. I wanna go there many times more.[/QUOTE

The city of Hamburg is planning to build a whole new tennis-arena in Altona with 17 courts. If this happens, the Rothenbaum arena will be knocked down.
The city is already doing a feasibility study.

Fee
06-12-2005, 05:05 PM
they put a week between Paris and Madrid. Is that new, I thought they were played back to back?

JMG
06-12-2005, 06:51 PM
they put a week between Paris and Madrid. Is that new, I thought they were played back to back?

No, the big week with Basel/Stockholm/St.Petersburg was between it I think.

*Ljubica*
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
No, the big week with Basel/Stockholm/St.Petersburg was between it I think.

Yes - you're right JMG - Basel is always between Madrid and Bercy.

star
06-12-2005, 07:08 PM

ANOTHER clay tournament in addition to Rome Monte Carlo, Hamburg and all the smaller events? Players will be dying of exhaustion.

I love mixed tournaments though.

star
06-12-2005, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=RogerRocks]and what should happen to the rothenbaum arena??? I like this stadium. I wanna go there many times more.[/QUOTE

The city of Hamburg is planning to build a whole new tennis-arena in Altona with 17 courts. If this happens, the Rothenbaum arena will be knocked down.
The city is already doing a feasibility study.

Altona!! I used to live there! :)

I'd love to go to see a tournament there..... but isn't Rothenbaum prettier than Altona?

bavaria100
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=bavaria100]

Altona!! I used to live there! :)

I'd love to go to see a tournament there..... but isn't Rothenbaum prettier than Altona?

Yes, it is. But the people that are living in the Rothenbaum area are complaining about the tournament for years because of the bad car-park situation. Another problem is that the people fear that their houses are losing their value because of the tennis stadium. We already have a big soccer stadium and an amphitheatre in Altona, that´s why they want to build the new tennis stadium there.

Action Jackson
06-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Still too many tournaments, but the excuses will still happen for players that play in Houston to miss Monte Carlo, even though the dates have changed for the better.